HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by Gameb18oy »

I suppose that’s fair. Originally, the thinking he was going to live at a zoo thing was meant to be a joke, so I’ll make why he thought that a joke as well, his owner’s name is now Sue keeper. :lol: If her job becomes important in the future I’ll specify it in the RP. Might figure out a way to work my way in without anyone telling me, but I suppose I need to know which houses it be okay for those two to live in as I think I saw that was an important detail. As for the endurance thing, I envisioned Rudder being a person who can dish stuff out but can’t take it, the wound is pretty convenient as it can be put up to debate if he was always like that or not.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

XD Sue Keeper? Why not? I like it!

You know, I have an idea actually.
You need a special permit to have a pet otter in the US, apparently, because they're mostly illegal.
What if Sue is a wildlife carer who's come to work at the vet clinic to replace the NPC who went away to college? That would give her reason to have a permit to have Rudder (awesome name, by the way!), and a reason to come to RA. The vet clinic there is a dedicated wildlife hospital as well as a regular vet for the town, after all.

As to houses, if you look at the list of players in the first post in this thread, their houses are listed next to the characters. So have a look at that and have a look at the map underneath and pick one you like the looks of. If it's taken we'll soon let you know. ^^

Other than that there's just one thing to say: feel free to hop in!

Welcome to RA and to the forums!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Speaking of time, guys, I think there's a plan for a speech somewhere in the town about animal equality in the current morning of the RP , right ?
Not sure there was one planned but, what the heck, I reckon we could always have been going to have a noon time march?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I figured that, while Flash isn't a fan of any active predator, he has a particular dislike of cats, who he considers borderline sociopathic. He has a bunch of reasons, and counters to any argument against his dislike. The reason he considers domestic cats the worst of all predators is that they have no excuse. They get food from their humans, so if they're hunting, they're doing it for fun and sport. They don't need to hunt like, say, that wild fox he was chased by the other day.

As such he isn't likely to get along with Nola, though he might find he can't bring himself to hate Leslie.

Also worth noting that his hate of cats as a whole is more a hatred of individual cats who actively hunt. If a cat can honestly say they don't hunt and don't have an interest in it, he will not hate them.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Figured a pic of what Rudder looks like is necessary. He has a scar in the RP not present in his refs, so that sadly you’ll just have to imagine for yourself how it looks.
Attachments
3664FC5F-0EC8-44BF-82D1-2963290B8FEE.jpeg
3664FC5F-0EC8-44BF-82D1-2963290B8FEE.jpeg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 15599 times
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wait, did you draw that? That's incredible!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Oh how I wish that was the case. Drawn by a mild buddy of mine by the name of Blaussi. I do enjoy supporting artists so this is just the pic I felt most comfortable sharing after the ref, which was too big in size for me to submit (nothing NSFW if you go to my FA, I just don’t think my interests are for everyone)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah, fair enough. I might have to look him up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’d definitely be happy knowing I got him some business/attention. I also have a rockruff character he did for free just because he liked the design of them, so also look for that
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash and Deus's cave was inspired by Mammoth caves. The massive cave system irl has a ton of entrances apparently, and I think not all of the caves connected to the system have been discovered. This is partly because there are parts of the cave that are blocked off or have entrances that are too small for humans to explore. The caves were carved I believe by an underground river that I think still flows somewhere inside it. I imagine that Flash and Deus's cave is connected to the Mammoth cave system, but they haven't explored past a certain point because it is too dangerous.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'm now imagining Indiana Granule...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

What happened to my cougeress?

here Senka Senka Senka...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:What happened to my cougeress?

Camping in the woods with Nadia?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Keeshah wrote:What happened to my cougeress?

Camping in the woods with Nadia?
Should be camping with Kandi
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:Flash and Deus's cave was inspired by Mammoth caves. The massive cave system irl has a ton of entrances apparently, and I think not all of the caves connected to the system have been discovered. This is partly because there are parts of the cave that are blocked off or have entrances that are too small for humans to explore. The caves were carved I believe by an underground river that I think still flows somewhere inside it. I imagine that Flash and Deus's cave is connected to the Mammoth cave system, but they haven't explored past a certain point because it is too dangerous.
It works actually. Well before you joined the RP Flynn found smugglers tunnels under his house that lead to a cave system with an underground river in it. You're probably just in another entrance. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Definitely definitely not camping with anyone else but her lovely human Kandi.

Definitely.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Bit disappointing that Kandi didn't get a photo of that. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nola sorta cares about Juniper due to their recent history. But she knows Juniper being hurt will mean Sally gets hurt and THAT she does care about.

EDIT:- Added a Leslie bit to my last post.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Sorry for the delay, life's been busy. I'm travelling today, but tonight I can do something.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Bit disappointing that Kandi didn't get a photo of that. :P
had to save the tent material before the claws came out!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hey Hilaroo, is cinnamon an actual character, the fact he isn’t in your list tells me he’s likely a new one if so. Doubt that thing you mentioned is relevant since you mentioned he wasn’t in the town, but wanted to know
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gameb18oy wrote:Hey Hilaroo, is cinnamon an actual character, the fact he isn’t in your list tells me he’s likely a new one if so. Doubt that thing you mentioned is relevant since you mentioned he wasn’t in the town, but wanted to know
He's Argent's character. He's a little bit retired but still mentioned as we think he's great and would love him back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I see, thanks for letting me know
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sorry about posting twice in a row, this is to ask about something on Grim’s latest reply, I don’t think this is response I could just make, but I was thinking it might not be unusual for vets to use vet pets to help demonstrate how they’d like other pets to act if they are starting to get difficult. Kinda want a transition to get Rudder ready for shots either way
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

I was going to say I wouldn't mind using Sunny as a "prime example" of a good pet if that is what you are wanting to do and it would take his mind off Luna temporarily.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't think they would. It would have to be a pet that was employed at the clinic. Too many confidentiality issues otherwise.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote:I don't think they would. It would have to be a pet that was employed at the clinic. Too many confidentiality issues otherwise.
... I know it’s not in his character sheet, but that suggestion just seems too amazing for me not to even consider. You think it would be common practice for Vet’s to have their pets get trained as therapy animals? It’s the only way I can imagine it making sense, even if it’s a stretch. Definitely can’t have him be the one holding the needles or anything.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I could definitely see vets doing that as long as the pet themselves was interested.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So long as Grim is fine with it then, I’ll add that detail to his character sheet. Still would probably need some help with setup though, don’t figure he’d interrupt a checkup as that might agitate a pet which he’s trained not to do
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

As long as I am fine with what? I have a hard time seeing how this affects Sunny?? Luna maybe but I am not catching how I am involved unless it is Luna getting a therapy animal. lol
Last edited by GrimD@rk8290 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Yeah for Luna, I get that it was a joke, but that’s the thing about RP, other people might want to bounce off those jokes
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I must confess, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I guess I could just jump the current scene, but, I don't know.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

WeirdGamer wrote:I must confess, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I guess I could just jump the current scene, but, I don't know.
If it means anything to you, Luna, Sunny and Chester are going to the town square after Luna's vet visit.. Amd Luna should be finishing up her vet visit very soon.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

hey can someone quickly fill me in on what Kilo is asking Koa if he is going to? I kinda stopped checking this because I didnt seem to have a role to play and tests started sprouting up. currently struggling in my bacteriology class and pharmacology so i got even more distracted. not to mention no matter how many times I tell gmail to not trash email notifications from here it still does it.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

LovingCorgi wrote:Koa smiles and jumps up and down happily like a child and leans into the scritches. Having the big ears that he has, scritches behind his ears are the best feelings in the world. "Yes lollipops! I love lollipops!" he exclaimed before finishing his hug and going to get his fruits salad. He took up his fork and specifically grabbed any strawberries that was in the bowl first as they were his favorite. He tilted his head and ears as he heard Flash mention being faster than cars. "You can run faster than a car? I want to see! I didn't know mice were that fast!" He didn't really hear mention of stop signs and all that because his focus was more on the lollipops at the time.
This is the last post i see from you and from what I can tell I don't think Flash answered...I dunno this would probably be up to Roo.However if you were to go towards the vet, my characters are still active there and are finishing up.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

LovingCorgi wrote:hey can someone quickly fill me in on what Kilo is asking Koa if he is going to? I kinda stopped checking this because I didnt seem to have a role to play and tests started sprouting up. currently struggling in my bacteriology class and pharmacology so i got even more distracted. not to mention no matter how many times I tell gmail to not trash email notifications from here it still does it.
Flynn texted Nadia earlier in the morning, but Josh answered and is being a little bit cryptic as to what happened to her. Josh and Flynn agreed to meet at Nadia's house an hour from their last text, and so Kilo is asking if Koa would like to tag along
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
LovingCorgi wrote:hey can someone quickly fill me in on what Kilo is asking Koa if he is going to? I kinda stopped checking this because I didnt seem to have a role to play and tests started sprouting up. currently struggling in my bacteriology class and pharmacology so i got even more distracted. not to mention no matter how many times I tell gmail to not trash email notifications from here it still does it.
Flynn texted Nadia earlier in the morning, but Josh answered and is being a little bit cryptic as to what happened to her. Josh and Flynn agreed to meet at Nadia's house an hour from their last text, and so Kilo is asking if Koa would like to tag along
What Serence said.
Here's where Kilo invited Koa.
Best of luck with your classes! I'm sure you'll get through them! Do feel free to poke me if you need help with them at all. I'm no expert but I did complete 3 years of vet school so I might be able to at least point you in the right direction.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I decided to just skip Lucky and friends ahead in time, and we can figure out where to go from there.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I have no idea what caused the text effects in my latest response, sorry about that
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

What did the effect look like?
-Champion Motto