HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by Serence Frostbite »

xhunterko wrote: "SOMEONE honest well meaning fool SOMEWHERE is doing SOMETHING stupid about the little problem right about now and the humans and everyone will be fine and hunky dory and everyone'll live happily ever after,"
wait what's Miles referring to?

also the wolf is a female :P
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sorry about that, didn't see where that was said. XD I'll change it. As far as what Miles knows, this is going back to what Hubert said about a benefit of being in heaven and seeing future events. So he knows what Levi and Hubert are up to. Of course, I don't know what's going to happen so Miles is mostly bluffing. I'll correct it. Oh, the spider web shimmer is a shield to prevent harm to the pets. And if you want I'll tell you what the box is in pm to prevent spoilers.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hi guys, is there a problem? Are we waiting on someone ?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

were very probably waiting on me.
I have this problem where I fall behind on something a little fpr whatever reason, then put off catching up and before i know it it's been months. (doesn't help when the pinned tab I have of the neighborhood closes and I lose track of where I left off. twice.) only really a problem here when other people are involved.

excuses aside, I'm sorry and I'll try to make a post to move things along tonight and tomorrow.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

Hey there, just wondering if this RP is open for new players. I'm trying to get into this whole thing again, and this one seems like the easiest one to start with.
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

snakebug wrote:Hey there, just wondering if this RP is open for new players. I'm trying to get into this whole thing again, and this one seems like the easiest one to start with.
I'd normally say yes, but we're kind of in the middle of a storyline that makes it difficult to add new characters, and at the pace we're going I don't know how long it'll be before we get back to a normal day.

I don't know about other neighborhoods, but Exotic Acres is open and easier to add new characters right now.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

aw, Tara missed a little spooky detail I put in my post. She never told the wolf her friend was a he :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

she's a ghost and this wolf has supernatural abilities, knowing things you shouldn't isn't that high on the list of things that would surprise her :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's a good point XD
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

aw Duke is kinda being ignored huh ^^"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Unintentional. Fixed.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hi guys, I know this is kind of pushy and might not even be possible, with all of us having lives, jobs, and sometimes even other RPs to take care of, but I was wondering, can we try for 1 post every 2 days to keep things alive and going? I feel like long pauses between posts kinda keep the mood down, despite canonically the world might only has 1 day left and everything :P

Also, anyone heard from Vale? I know he's still posting in Apollo and Blue Peak Shore, but not here I don't think.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

We've just hit a low point. Plus Rick has stated people seem to think the comic is ending so that might be a factor too.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah to be honest we kinda in the low activity point for, quite a bit now (at least I think that's wwhat you meant by low point), which is why I'm trying to do something to avoid that ^^"
Gael

Post by Gael »

Is it ok if I join
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I think we're waiting until the end of our current storyline to let more people join in here.

and I'm sorry for my lack of activity here, but it will have to continue a tiny bit longer. I had something planned with Val and I need to consult with him on how to proceed since he'a busy with real life.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah we understand, no worry Brent

also what's Rena's asking Hubert to do again now that the wolf is, as far as they know, gone?
Gael

Post by Gael »

Alright, thank you for letting me know
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Soooo I have a few questions because my long term memory is abysmal:
- Where are the 2 ends of the portal? I'm thinking one is right where the cat (what's his name again?) is, and the other end is at Janus's house, but i think I'm wrong.
- Where is Janus's group right now?
- Janus has a disguise?

Also I should have told you guys this, but since it probably wouldn't affect anything much, I'm just gonna say it here fore world-building reason:
The "strips of crimson shades snaked across the afternoon sky" is the same thing as the red fog from the woods, only moving much faster, and will spread all around the world within less than 2 days, and normal human can't see it. Those affected by the fog, like Meri, Janus, and Miles soon) will be reminded of their moments of weakness (luckily Brent and Vale demonstrated this with Janus' memory of the Hunter, while at the same time feeling empowered by their victories (kiiind of a thing with Meri, I guess :P ), expression of dominance, and the knowledge that if they were this strong back in those moments of weakness, things could have been better. These few things I'll try to express through Miles' interaction with the fog in my next post, but to do that i have to read through Miles' storyline, so it might takee a bit of time, sorry in advance ^^".

also side note: I redo Serenade's sheet a little bit, fixing personality and the background story. Not that it matters much or any of us would have the time to read it, but ya know, since it's kinda related and all : https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 11#p697311
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright to answer your questions:

the portal was where "the cat" is and Levi is actually at the other end which is at janus' house.

Janus has temporarily fused with Meri, becoming a hybrid beardog. that's who actually went through the portals disguised as Levi.

they expected more of a fight to stop them from getting the thing to the high point, so beardog was gonna take a hit and let Levi get the thing there. but since no one fought it was kind of a pointless disguise.

so right now, Janusmeri are with the lantern, Levi and Buster and Hubert are at Janus' house.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Alright, thanks for the info Brent, that clears things up a bit ^^.
Sorry for the long post and the long wait after i asked everyone to post as soon as possible, for some reason my laptop kept secretly log my account out without telling me, so I spent like 4 days raging from the lost posts ^^'
Anyway, I think i've made some mistake with the characters' background, so if you guys notice anything , please let me know ^^
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

My phone would not tell me when there were updates in the O.O.C. threads, sorry. (No idea how that even happens, honestly...)

Rena's not asking for help dealing with the wolf. She's asking for help putting the world back in order.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I have it connected to my email and get my notifications that way. It should be in your profile settings. You should also be able to tell your phone's email app to allow it to send notifications.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl wrote:My phone would not tell me when there were updates in the O.O.C. threads, sorry. (No idea how that even happens, honestly...)

Rena's not asking for help dealing with the wolf. She's asking for help putting the world back in order.
ah I see, though given what he said in the past, I don't think hubert would help :P

Oh and if any of you guys think my last post was a bit powerplaying, feel free to let me know ^^'
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I mean when I was looking at the forum page for it on the browser, it would say there hadn't been any posts in the O.O.C. threads at all, even after refreshing the page. I only made the note here because I had no idea I was asked a question, and I felt it might help to explain why I hadn't answered it earlier.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's really odd. Maybe unsubscribe and subscribe again ?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm saying I was looking at the forums themselves, at the web address https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... m.php?f=12 and nothing happened. No email subscription required for updates if you're at the source. But I was visiting and refreshing the page every so often, and there was no change.

But that's getting caught on something no longer relevant. I'm getting the information now, and that's the part that matters.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I probably should have made this a little bit clearer, hope it's not too late to fix it ^^" :
The fog isn't a living entity, it's a "spell" in a way, spreading all around the world, infecting minds with the desire for something better, depends on the individual, "better" could means more power (Levi), assured safety (Buster, Janus), vengeance (Meri), a second chance (Miles), and the affected can either accept or reject the temptation.
Miles is a little bit of a special case because he's actively fighting against the fog, so I figured giving him an illusion that the fog is weak might be a good idea, didn't actually meant to mislead xhunterkox into thinking it's an actual creature ^^".
On second thought though his reaction would means that the illusion worked, so I think i can work with that

Another problem though is did Miles actually somehow stop Levi's portal? I don't think angels in HP universe are THAT powerful, are they?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, we don't know exactly how powerful angels really are, and Miles's job is to take care of the source of power, which I also interpret to mean stopping people from getting to it. Like Breele did with Keene. Also, I may have edited it before you read it again, the bomb also takes care of any effects the negative entities would be causing, which would also include the fog spell.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I did see the edited in part. It doesn't exactly say that the bomb negates all magic, but simply say that it fills everyone with "love", which I can work with :P . It's not gonna end just like that that's for sure, but hey i enjoy the challenge :P

One thing though, is it ok for Miles to actually know everyone's thought like that? Hubert is some sort of god at this point, and I don't think he even get that much telepathy, especially since I don't think Miles met all of these characters. What do you guys think ?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm okay to an extent with him knowing, but this much does seem in excess. Angel or higher, it's a lot, especially in how it impacts others. Val plays Hubert with a lot of self imposed restrictions because it can be limiting to other players to have someone who can do something immediately for literally any situation.

Intercepting the portal? Sure. I'm iffy on the portal bit in and of itself, but I assume there was something else to prevent that anyway.

The bomb? Well, removing conflict entirely is counter to the point of such an arc, isn't it?

A slight tip in the scales is better than breaking them.

At least, that's my position.
Love me right now! Done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The bomb could also always NOT work. :)

Also, again, in the post, I state directly that Miles knew of the thoughts from when he was in heaven briefly. If I'm assuming correctly, and I think it's been stated before, time is relative in heaven so Miles would be able to collect all the info he needs. That's my reasoning. If it's a bit much I can always edit it out.

The knowing the thoughts were so Miles could play the role as guardian and consul, like an angel should be believed to be able to do.

He also did feel the effects of the negative thoughts, so he could only assume that others were suffering them as well, and being an angelic being, try to offer some encouragement.

I'm only guessing at Miles's power level. I'm assuming he can do the same kind of things Sabrina and Tarot can. Only, I'm pushing it up to 11, because he's currently an angel. So again, we don't know everything angels can do. But I'm assuming it's similar to what Res was able to do. Which, given what he's up against, would allow him to do his job.

That's my reasoning any ways.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Sound reasoning, I'm just giving input like Serence asked.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, I should probably add my input as GM.

When you're playing a character that powerful you should really ask other players before doing stuff that affects their characters, since you don't know what they have planned. for example, you're 100% right that Levi's mom wouldn't approve. which is why she was going to stop him and talk him out of it in my next post. which is why he didn't just pop out the other side already.

the bomb doesn't directly effect any one character, but it maybe should be discussed with the GM to work out how effective it'll be and/or at least give us a warning.

and knowing thoughts, again ask the players first. I'm cool with it, but others may not be.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

It's been three days and the worst it's gotten is "Be aware of how much you're taking away control from others," and even that's just gentle reminders as far as I can tell. I know at least mine was meant to be.

I think we're good to move on?
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah i'm working on my post right now, sorry about that, I'm a slowpoke ^^'

but my post mostly will be about another mind corruption, so if you guys wants to do something, no need to wait for me
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm just waiting on Brent to post for Nettie.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I was making sure everything was okay so we didn't have to redo a few posts to adjust.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah i think so, everything should be good
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

fair enough
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!