HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm just waiting on Brent to post for Nettie.
I didn't notice til you said that, sorry. and then I didn't get to it tonight so I'll make myself get to it first thing when I get on tomorrow.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Just to be clear, I was trying to do the whole 'make it safe enough to bring the group together so they could all work as a group to take down the enemy'. But it looks as if you guys got something else planned at the start and I'm out of the loop as I rejoined. I guess it's best to take Miles out of the situation and just see what you folks do.

Sorry for messing up the idea.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm as lost as you, Rena's just insulted by the insinuation that it's about the glory of being a hero.

I think the wolf just succeeded in driving a wedge between them.

If it helps, I'm sure he could have gotten her to flee if he'd used most other attempts to coax her.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

xhunterko wrote:Just to be clear, I was trying to do the whole 'make it safe enough to bring the group together so they could all work as a group to take down the enemy'. But it looks as if you guys got something else planned at the start and I'm out of the loop as I rejoined. I guess it's best to take Miles out of the situation and just see what you folks do.

Sorry for messing up the idea.
nah don't take it lik that hunteko, I personally think everything was going in a very sensible way. "Get everyone back to safety" was literally the only plan I was going for, hence the wolf outright telling Miles and Rena, repeatedly, that they better get back into town if they want to live, so no you didn't mess up anything, well until Miles decide to abandon everything i guess.
Leafolawl wrote:I'm as lost as you, Rena's just insulted by the insinuation that it's about the glory of being a hero.

I think the wolf just succeeded in driving a wedge between them.

If it helps, I'm sure he could have gotten her to flee if he'd used most other attempts to coax her.
For the sake of the RP i'm gonna do a bit of a spoiler: the wolf is one of the GOOD GUY, she isn't meant to cause any dividing between anyone.
If you still want to join us, I'm preetty sure Miles could have just tackle Rena from behind and teleport both of them to her house. To be honest i expected that to happen.

one more thing : the idea of where i would like the arc to go is there, but nothing is concrete, I react base one what everyone else does, so the only one who actually knows what is what in this arc is only me, nobody else was told anything about it, so no, you're not out of the loop either :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, I can honestly say I didn't have anything planned. Ray doesn't understand what's going on and his only thought is to get Lilly to safety since that's the responsibility he's taken on. We didn'tmean to abandon you, sorry, xhunter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

No no, folks, it's okay. Obviously Miles doesn't fit in this current situation. I'm still paying attention, I'll just have Miles come back after everything goes back to normal. Sorry about the power moves and all. This just isn't a fit for Miles.

Maybe it'll be funny if I can get him "drunk" in Lounging Around.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

When I said lost I didn't mean I didn't know what's going on. I mean, clearly I don't given what I just had Rena do.

What I mean is I don't know what I'm supposed to do for the narrative of the arc. Rena's just the right mix of personality traits and problems to be crazy enough to stare death in the eyes and then spit in his/her face.

... Repeatedly.

Still, if you're no longer feeling comfortable in this arc, that's more than enough reason to bow out for a bit.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

for the record the only things planned at the beginning were between me, Serence (and maybe roo through her), and Valerio, and they were very loose plans that, as far as i remember, are already not happening because we let things flow naturally.

I'm not one of those GMs that has to have everything go according to plan. and If I made you feel that way, Hunter, or let others make you feel that way, I guess I screwed up doing my job. I'm sorry.

if you still want to stay in and try to finish this fight, we can talk and figure out what we can do to make you feel more involved, but I understand if you've lost interest in it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Again, like I said, it's okay and no biggie. :) Miles will talk to people if they talk to him. And will come back once this is over. Like I told Serence, I don't think anything Miles does or says will have an effect of the natural outcome. So I'm just gonna sit back and watch.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I probably know more about Serenade's and the wolf's back stories than most but I'm in the dark as to how this fight might end and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Well I feel like I too contributed in this thing that's happening, about powerplay and stuff, so allow me to disclose something that's, up until now, known by nobody except me, apologize in advance in case i get too passionate.

all of these so called "power play" are within my range of "what would they do" prediction, including the love bomb. When the fog rises up for a second attack, xhunterkox did ask me through PM what Miles should do, and i replied saying he should get Rena to safety (which he tried to). I thought Miles, being an angel and previously was stated to have insights beyond mortal's reach, would have noticed something that's going on, so I gave him 2, in hope that it will give the group the first hint of what they're actually dealing with:
Serence Frostbite wrote: There is also some insight Miles can have, being an angel and telepathically connected to other pets, but to make it a little bit interesting, I'm gonna b a little bit cryptic about it :P :

1. Since Miles can probably senses what others sense, he could feel that his "love bomb" did affect everyone and cleanse them of their negative emotions, yet those who are affected didn't change their mind about claiming whatever it is in the forest, Buster still wants it to protect Janus, for example. Why is that?

2. The "prison box" Miles used on the wolf would only free her if she no longer has any intention of going after him, Heaven, or his friends, yet now she's here as if the box thing never happened. Why is that?

You could also choose to have Miles ask this in the RP himself, after getting to safety of course
Now of course, the easiest solution to both would be "because they got cancelled by plot". But obvious that's not the case, or else i wouldn't be rambling on like a madman about it. Here're the actual answers:

1. Because these seemingly dark and evil thoughts from the fogs are not rooted in NEGATIVE emotions, if you notice, you'll see how all the pets who're affected are led to 1 thing: love, their loved ones, and their desires to protect them. Miles were drawn to his apparent feelings with Rena, Janus and Buster are compelled by the thought of keeping the other safe, Levi is for his family and coming kitten, and Meri for her children. Unlike the Hunter who were a dark yet logical result of a progressed tormented mind, with self-centered motivations such as being the top dog, satisfying his own bloodlust, whatever happening here is a twisted form of one of the noblest ideal: to risk, fight and possibly die for the of others, to face unknown danger, alone, so that everyone who you love and care for may live. Miles' bomb didn't get cancelled, its effect are apparent, but like you can't fight a flood by pouring in water, you can't fight love with love, so that bomb unknowing INCREASED the affect of the fog.

2. Because she never had any intention of going after Serenade or Miles or any of his friends, like i said she's a "good guy", and here's the proof:
This is gonna be way far back but the first moment the wolf appeared in applegate, she was friendly to Serenade. The first attack she made was in fact against the evil spirit that's haunting Serenade. When she appeared above Rena and shot at Serenade, it was right after the fox just told everyone to put her lantern (which we now know contains a spirit who is now over-watching the town) on top of the town's highest point, or else everyone would perish. This looks bad, until you see that in retaliation, "Serenade" conjured up crimson ice spikes, which the wolf's bullet hit, causing a shock wave that pushed everyone AWAY from Serenade. Red is an aggressive color, it's the color of of blood and war, plus the fact that Serenade went from being an exhausted, panting fox while telling everyone about the lantern, to having enough energy and reaction time to conjure up ice that can block bullets, supposed to hint that within that split second before and after the wolf appears, Serenade got possessed by the spirit who already knew that the wolf would shoot at it, and the wolf's shoots pushes everyone away from the now possessed fox, causing the fox to retreat. As demonstrated by my most recent post in the RP and in the aforementioned post where the wolf appears on top of Rena, the wolf can disappear at will and goes after the spirit, or Serenade, either or, but she didn't when Miles appeared, instead asking "do you care about humans, angel?"and did not move from that immediate area, which caused everyone to stay because they were wary of her instead of running to look for Serenade who disappeared, including Duke and Rena who hastily ran back OUT of the forest, no long before the fog came out of the same forest. All this is not to mention, she's magical, and she has 2 guns, if she were evil someone would have got shot, RP rule aside.

So yeah as you can see, none of these attempts by Miles, powerplay or not, got cancelled, I just would have liked everyone to try their best to figure things out together in a mystery horror-ish boss fight and thus be vagued about it, but yeah.

I mean with that said, I would like to apologize for making this RP less enjoyable than we all would have liked, but yeah, everyone has their own choices, and I respect whichever xhunterkox decides.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It's no biggie Serence. ^^

I think next time for something like this, a bit more heads up the ooc with several guidelines would be helpful. Being a game designer myself, "it should be obvious there's a door here" always leads to players going "is this a door? *while looking at the window*". Like I eventually pmed you to see what Miles could do, had this been a "hey roleplay ooc let's do a big thing and you guys have to figure it out" I would have then posted here and treated this as a "game thing" and asked people questions. However, since this was natural roleplay, I figured since no one was listening to the repeated seemingly (or what I think is logical) logical points Miles is making and try to group together to find out what's going on, I figured it best to take Miles out of it and see what happens. And yes, I admit to having an ego problem, and am trying to work on it, and no, you don't convince someone on the first or second try, but after repeated tries, I just gave up.

I think if there were a 'hey guys wouldn't it be fun if we did x' with this next time it would go over better.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

first of all,
Serence Frostbite wrote:Levi is for his family and coming kitten
Levi's with a dog right now, Reg is her pup she had before they met (and he actually introduced them) so there's no kitten :P

second, yeah no one tries to solve a mystery if they don't know there's a mystery to solve, maybe dropping a few hints in the OOC would have been better.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ooooooh , right my bad, actually don't remember that part well enough ^^"

and yeah, duly noted, I'm actually pretty bad about the "giving hints" part in general , so sorry about that
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

quick question : who is hubert talking to ?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:quick question : who is hubert talking to ?
To every one involved. For now, hostilities have been suspended as negotiations start
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Ok in the interest of informing everyone what they're dealing with in the RP from now on, I would like to post new information here as they comes up.

Right now, the wolf is casting a curse upon the town that will cause the town to be, to put it simply, ripped away from the fabric of the world's reality. If you've heard stories about settlements/town randomly vanished overnight, with no sign of struggle or indication of what happened, or tales of thee entire kingdom randomly vanished/forgotten by the rest of the world, this is that kind of curse.

"The Hunt's Call" is the actual name of the fog.

If ya guys have any questions, just ask away
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Ok in the interest of informing everyone what they're dealing with in the RP from now on, I would like to post new information here as they comes up.

Right now, the wolf is casting a curse upon the town that will cause the town to be, to put it simply, ripped away from the fabric of the world's reality. If you've heard stories about settlements/town randomly vanished overnight, with no sign of struggle or indication of what happened, or tales of thee entire kingdom randomly vanished/forgotten by the rest of the world, this is that kind of curse.

"The Hunt's Call" is the actual name of the fog.

If ya guys have any questions, just ask away
Right now, thanks to Lily's wish, the Hunt's Call spell has been stopped -mind me, NOT erased, or nullified, just halted for the time being- and the wolf has been summoned to this quite unusual gathering of the forces at play in a temporal limbo. Like everyone else, he is now supposed to explain himself in detail and maybe find another solution to his desires. Before now, Hubert was basically a divine spectator who could do little more than protect Janus and Buster. Now he has the right to protect the whole community because it is a byproduct of Lily's wish to protect her family and friends.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

wait, does that mean that rena, meri, serenade, the other fox, all gathered in the middle of town right now ?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Correct. Everyone directly involved in this drama is a witness with right to speak and make proposal, Hubert will listen to them all and weigh all the options
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just to confirm, Val, is everyone outside the red cloud frozen at the moment? Or has the time stop just frozen the cloud itself?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Just to confirm, Val, is everyone outside the red cloud frozen at the moment? Or has the time stop just frozen the cloud itself?
Timestop froze everything. And everyone involved in the drama is outside the red cloud.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

so after this whole "negotiation" is over, will they be back to where they were before, or would they still be in town? And does this means that Rena's owner is frozen in time since she's not involved with this ?

Also, might just be me, but I have a feeling Hubert and Serenade is making a reference to the same world, only from different view points. If that's actually what's happening, then that's kinda cool.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay, so Ray and Lilly and Duke and them are frozen. Got it. Thanks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

That possibility is exactly why I tried to keep Rena's reasoning short and simple.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Okay, so Ray and Lilly and Duke and them are frozen. Got it. Thanks.
I kinda made it so that Duke isn't frozen in my last post sooo ^^' , you guys think i should fix that ?

also, would you guys rather me replying to Miles(?) first or let your characters reply first ?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, what Miles said was an obvious ruse. I had him go first so that everyone could think carefully about their responses.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Reading it seems like he dropped something, so I'm assuming it's a lot more obvious if someone has clear vision.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With the sound effects, I can't help but imagine Miles yelling from the bathroom and dropping his phone in the toilet. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah i kinda imagined him sitting on a desk in heaven with a microphone next to him, like a streamer, and accidentally knock the mic off :P
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles: Guys, guys! Fourth wall! Sheesh!

He's kinda observing out of view but with his divine powers he is able to control much more than light magic like his voice and thoughts.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hi guys, should i post in reply to Rena and change the scenery again, this time hopefully to shorten the discussion, or should i wait for everyone to have a turn again ?

also , so i guess Duke is frozen too ?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'd say you can reply to Rena if no one else has objections.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hey guys, boop boop !
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, I know. a mix of early work so I need to sleep before I'd normally get on and writer's block when I do has delayed me. but I am trying to come up with a post.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seem like Rena is about to say something, so I'm thinking about waiting for Leaf a bit, unless Leaf has other plans.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm just following hairs at this point, honestly. Rena doesn't know the fox well enough to realize something's wrong, and is not magically inclined in the least.
Love me right now! Done.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ah i see.
Well is there anything you want to ask to make it clearer ?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I think there's a little bit of a misunderstand here,or I simply failed to explain this, but when Buster first met Serenade in that hill of snow and white flowers, she explained that "another part of her" chose Buster, who were in "the place no hunter can be, until there's only one remain" to be the inheritor of her power. This has two parts:
- First, "where no hunters can be, until there's only one remain": as you guys previously know, the ritual that's causing the fog is call "Call of Hunters", and Buster himself is called a hunter by the fog's beckon:
Serence Frostbite wrote: A distant voice echoed in Buster’s ears “To claim the power of those who were forsaken, to carve a future for those within your heart, even if your path will echo of their rejection. You who have the want of a hunter, speak your acceptance, and the first step of your journey shall be yours” it said, each words filled with conviction and determination.
This is what a hunter is in this circumstance, someone who would do anything to achieve their goal, for their own sake or for others, even if he will become condemned by those whose sake compelled him to act in the first place. Buster would do anything to protect Janus, Serenade would do anything to protect both this world, and spoiler alert, her own from extinction. They both have this trace, they're both, in fact, hunters.
If you look back when everyone was being beckoned by the fog, there's 1 thing that they were all compelled to do: to kill everything else in that forest, because "they're all bad and should be exterminated anyway". This is the nature of the ritual, to claim the power, all hunters must kill each other until only one remain. If Buster, Rena, or anyone else want to be that hunter, this would not only means that they need to kill Serenade, but only one of them would survive.
- Second, the word "inheritor" One of the meaning of "to inherit" is to receive something as an heir at the death of the previous holder, which we just established, later she also said
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Offering you such power was never meant to be a part of saving Earth. It's meant to keep that power contained and protected after all of this is over, for it is a sword, and a sword must always has a wielder. With you at least it will be in the hand of someone who knows the risk, yet will still willing to use it if he must. Without an appointed wielder, when I'm gone, it will seek out one with the strongest desires, and I, more than anyone, knows how bad it can get...........But that would all be in the future.
She doesn't intent to die until her work is done, and would only let a chosen wielder her power AFTER humanity is erased. Buster, Rena and Janus can't share the power, nor would they be able to do it "before it's too late"
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Wanna know a plot twist curb?" the wolf asked, standing next to Rena as the scenes unfold in front of them
"This is probably what you're trying to fight against" she chuckled, then glanced at the vixen, who continued
"Rena........I'm the one trying to save the world"
Also this is another hint pointing at the fact that Serenade IS that power and the source of the fog itself, the fog that she mentioned would erase humanity.
So yeah, I kinda hope that would clear things up a bit, since Hubert's and Brent's responses kinda seem like the ideas weren't getting through properly
valerio

Post by valerio »

Still don't get this: once the hunters are gone and the new wielder is appointed, this means restoration of the world as before the duel, if so desired? Or not?