This is a join-by-request neighborhood, your submitted character needs to be approved before being allowed to join. Please read everything below for important information and directions on joining.
This neighborhood has a discord channel! Feel free to join to chat, Hang out, discuss the RP, characters, arcs, or poke me for a quicker character approval.
Mystic Meadows is a brand new gated community that has just been built, its name coming from the nature reserve it was constructed next to. In an effort to get more families, businesses and jobs into this lovely city! A series of homes, big and small were constructed, allowing households of varying incomes to be able to afford moving to this beautiful new community. A keycard, remote-pass, or identification is required to enter this gated community, with 7ft brick fencing surrounding the area. You’re right on nature’s doorstep, but you need not worry about nature being on yours! This new community will only get better with time!
Now that the 50 homes have been built we are now working on the community center being built right beside Mystic Meadows. The security gate on the south side will be up and running once the community center it opens up to is complete and operational. The community center will bring the budding community even closer, hosting events and having a fully stocked library, a well-equipped gym, and more! While we wait for the community center’s completion there is always the good ol’ out doors to be experienced.
Just north of Mystic Meadows is the Mystic Meadows Nature Preserve, where one can reunite with nature and enjoy its beauty. There is a picnic area near the park ranger station, where one can gather with friends for a nice meal, maybe even barbeque! The fun only begins here, in the preserve proper you can find hiking trails, indicated by the preserve’s map by the ranger station. There are trails out to see the beauty of the countryside, and of course one that leads to the namesake of the preserve, the flower filled meadow surrounding Mystic Lake. A multitude of flowers can be seen here, each more beautiful than the last and filling the air with wonderful floral scents. Make sure to bring allergy medicine if you have a sensitive nose!
The beauty doesn’t stop there, as there is a river that flows down from the mountain and into the lake; a perfect place to fish or have a dip! Want something more relaxing? There is always the babbling brook flowing out of the lake, the sounds of the water gently flowing over colorful rocks is soothing music to the ears!
So what are you waiting for? Go online to our website for a virtual tour of the different houses we offer in this lovely community. Find the one that’s right for you and start the process of moving into your dream home! Mystic Meadows will be officially open on February 16th 2020, reserve your new home today before their all gone!
Mystic Meadows Cannon/lore:
- Instead of hand shakes, feral animals greet one another by rubbing their paw on themselves then holding it out for the other to smell.
- Feral predators are told/taught not to attack humans or their pets, though that doesn't necessarily mean pets/humans know this.
- Animals that have been pets their whole lives act more innocent and childlike than ferals. That isn't a strict rule, just a generalization. Ferals are the opposite, generally more adult-like given that they have responsibilities and worries. Where as lifelong pets have little responsibilities generally, not having to worry about food or shelter.
- There are no leash laws inside the gated community or nature preserve. Leashes are only required if pets are taken into the city proper.
- The gated community
- Playground in the center of the housing community
- Construction site nearby the housing area (Future site for a community center)
- Park Ranger Station on the edge of the forest tree line
- A Diner is located across the street from the gated community, a place where pets are allowed to eat and work
- Forest consisting of primarily Pine trees and bushes
- A grass and flower filled meadow surrounding a small lake
- One creek and one river flowing to or from the lake
- Provide a fun and unique neighborhood experience
- A neighborhood that is arc and plot focused (Slice of life and chill Roleplaying still encouraged but not the focus)
- As GM, playing minor and major characters to make the world feel alive
- Collaborate with other players(If desired) to create arcs and characters that will produce fun situations and interactions
- and of course provide a fun and creative experience that hopefully sparks more creativity
Current Residents of Mystic Meadows:
- Jake - Male | Wolf | #0d75d4 | S9|P6|E9|C4|I6|A5|L3
- Kutamo - Male | Husky | #a30ab6 | S6|P8|E7|C6|I4|A7|L4
- Matatabi - Male | Cat | #93775A | S4|P9|E4|C5|I6|A5|L9
- Tiffini - Female | Cat | #B20F90 | S7|P3|E5|C9|I5|A9|L4
- Takido Hiromachi - Male | Fox | #00d022 | S5|P8|E5|C7|I9|A5|L3
- Zane Anderson - Male | Cat | #00FFFF | S3|P9|E4|C10|I5|A9|L2
- Zoey Desoto - Female | Malamute | #808000 | S5|P4|E8|C8|I3|A5|L9
Previous Residents of Mystic Meadows:
- Not Available
Neighborhood Rules in RolePlaying:
- This is a Join-by-request neighborhood, meaning every character you want to bring into the neighborhood needs to be approved before being allowed to post. Simply post your character sheet in this thread and I'll review it at my earliest convenience.
- Make sure not to skip past people when posting. When interacting with 2+ other characters decide on a posting order and do not skip past their turn. It's a terrible feeling when you don't post fast enough or get forgotten and get your character retconned out of a scene by not being able to take your turn.
- Please try and get one post for each of your characters once a day, and try to keep your posts 2 or more sentences long.
- Please post in the OOC thread if you are going to be taking a leave of absence, or going to be awhile for some time. Going away for 2-3 days? Let the people you are interacting with know. A week or more? Depending on how your current RP partners feel, you may want to slip your character out of the interaction so the others are may continue.
- If two or a small group of characters are in a situation where they are unlikely to be running into other characters, you may take your characters to PMs or to our discord channel to RP. This allows you to RP your scene out more quickly, and stops people from posting back and forth constantly if both are active players. One big post with the RP session(s) edited together looks nicer than 20+ posts filling up the pages of the RP.
- Please try and check the OOC thread often for discussions and important information.
- When replying to other characters try and remember to quote their posts in your replies if their post is not immediately before yours to help keep things organized and clear.
How to Join:
- Fill out this character sheet:
Name: Your character's name
Color: Their Color when speaking, and what they sound like (Try to pick a color that isn't the same or too similar to another character if possible)
Species: Self Explanatory
Age: How old they are (Human and Pet years)
Apparent Age: How old they actually look
Appearance: What they look like, eye/fur color, fur patterns, height, weight, special markings, identifying clothing and/or collar description.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L - S(6) P(6) E(6) C(6) I(6) A(6) L(6) There are 42 points to allocate to SPECIAL. Strength and Endurance is halved for children/pups/kittens/kits/etc
- You might have noticed there is no section for personality or backstory. I do not want either of these to be given. I think it's more natural and fun to actually figure out a character's story and personality through the RP instead of it just being given away with such ease.
- Also make sure you carefully plan out a characters SPECIAL, as dice rolls will be determined occasionally for certain events/interactions.
- Make sure to wait for approval before posting in the Neighborhood RP thread.
- Don't forget you can create a pet, stray, or feral animal for your character.
- Regarding height:Most common domesticated pets will be around 3 feet tall, with small variations for breeds and species. Feral animals are always bigger, usually about 6 feet tall or bigger depending on species. More common feral animals like wolfs are shorter than most humans, come to about the neckline.
- When you submit your character form please send me a PM or contact me on discord with your plans, wants, and maybe a bit of backstory for your character. To properly screen characters I need to know a bit about them to make sure they will be a good fit.
- This neighborhood has a higher importance on special than others. I would recommend only having one, MAYBE two, level 10 stat. Also no stat can be level 1. If you went in with even level 2 luck, things would rarely ever go your characters way. This RP will have dice rolls, think DnD. While there will be general Rping and the like, it will also take on aspects of a DnD Campaign. Characters going through dungeons, failing or passing stat rolls and the like.
- Take a moment to think about what kind of character you want to play. Build a character with strengths and flaws based off how they are as a person(pet). Take into account you aren't building a character to min/max a DnD campaign, but that your everyday pet/animal will be in DnD-like situations with dice rolls.
Similar to DnD, dice rolls will be used pretty commonly for events and character interaction. I'll probably be the one doing it the most, but anyone is welcome to it. I would recommend people use the discord when doing dice rolls to keep things honest, or you can use this website and create a dice room with the person your doing dice rolls with.
The system we agreed on is rolling a D12, if you roll a number that is equal to or less than your stat you succeed. Ex: D12=5, your stat is 7, you pass the stat check. Roll a 9 and your stat is 7, you failed the roll.
Some Examples of dice rolls:
Strength: Moving A heavy object, trying to overpower another character
Perception: Spotting hidden characters/enemies, noticing details about a room or character
Endurance: How long a heavy object can be held up, how long you can run, outrunning another character
Charisma: Talking your way out of a situation, persuading someone to your side of the argument
Intelligence: Being able to solve a puzzle, understand a complex problem
Agility: Climbing a tree, dodging a blow
Luck: Coin Flips, Rock paper Scissors, Gambling
Want to represent this neighborhood? Copy and paste this into your signature to become 30% cooler :
Code: Select all