74%
No
26%

Total votes: 149

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: POLL: So... Who here's a furry?

Post by Sleet »

Pecan wrote:Sadly, because some people think it's a thrill. A very twisted thrill, mind you, but a thrill none the less.
The more you put on the internet, the more you can pretend other people read! It makes you feel good about yourself. Kind of like starting a blog with no actual content and assuming anyone reads it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Its not so much that I talk about myself a lot or get a thrill from it or anything :V I just don't think anything of it. I don't put info that people can use to find me, but pretty much anything else is fair game, since the only people who would read my pages/journals/etc would be friends.
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Its not so much that I talk about myself a lot or get a thrill from it or anything :V I just don't think anything of it. I don't put info that people can use to find me, but pretty much anything else is fair game, since the only people who would read my pages/journals/etc would be friends.
I believe he was talking about people who steal people's info.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm actually talking about people who put an insane amount of personal info online.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I was talking about Pecan.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh. Well then. Carry on.

Also: So... Topic...
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

*is a furry, moves on*
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

my avatars want me to tell you that 31 and 1/2 of them are furry: 27 and 1/2 are not. (barnabus is on the fence)
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fursona aside, I have 13 furry and 7 non-furry.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

i have thrice as much as you

___ ___
SS n SS
bwah bwah
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I have 1!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

you could get a dynamic of different pics of your fursona.
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

1 here!
But I don't know if Elias is my "fursona." I'm not THAT furry.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:you could get a dynamic of different pics of your fursona.
Now why would I do that?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housedog wrote:1 here!
If you were an anthropomorphic animal, would you want to be the same species and breed as him?
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

join us... Join Us... JOIN US....
>;P
bwah bwah
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

o.O?
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:1 here!
If you were an anthropomorphic animal, would you want to be the same species and breed as him?
Maybe not breed...
I just don't go that far. And I don't roleplay or fursuit or any other creepy things like that, either.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't either. To me I just see a fursona as little more than what species you'd want to be if you were an anthropomorphic animal. Though to some people it's a bit more.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

i dont think id ever go to anthrocon, but maybe, and not in a fursuit. i draw the line at fursuit. >:(
(no offense to anyone, the ">:(" should be read semi-ironicly)
bwah bwah
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Sleet wrote:I don't either. To me I just see a fursona as little more than what species you'd want to be if you were an anthropomorphic animal. Though to some people it's a bit more.
I heard about this as I conducted my research; some just have a fursona for little more than internet roleplays, some wear novelty animal ears and tails of their desired species, some wear full body fursuits and roleplay (they also do something called "Skatches" which is unique to the fandom roleplaying scene), and there are those that go as far as to say they are an animal trapped in a human body (this is supposedly the same as someone believing they are a woman trapped in a mans body and vice versa, psychologists say this is a psychological disorder)
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

MilesKingford wrote:
Sleet wrote:I don't either. To me I just see a fursona as little more than what species you'd want to be if you were an anthropomorphic animal. Though to some people it's a bit more.
I heard about this as I conducted my research; some just have a fursona for little more than internet roleplays, some wear novelty animal ears and tails of their desired species, LINEsome wear full body fursuits and roleplay (they also do something called "Skatches" which is unique to the fandom roleplaying scene), and there are those that go as far as to say they are an animal trapped in a human body (this is supposedly the same as someone believing they are a woman trapped in a mans body and vice versa, psychologists say this is a psychological disorder)
thats where.
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:
MilesKingford wrote:
I heard about this as I conducted my research; some just have a fursona for little more than internet roleplays, some wear novelty animal ears and tails of their desired species, LINEsome wear full body fursuits and roleplay (they also do something called "Skatches" which is unique to the fandom roleplaying scene), and there are those that go as far as to say they are an animal trapped in a human body (this is supposedly the same as someone believing they are a woman trapped in a mans body and vice versa, psychologists say this is a psychological disorder)
thats where.
He drew the line! :lol:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Yes, that was the joke.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Tha Housedog wrote:
SomebodyYouKnow wrote:
MilesKingford wrote:I heard about this as I conducted my research; some just have a fursona for little more than internet roleplays, some wear novelty animal ears and tails of their desired species, LINEsome wear full body fursuits and roleplay (they also do something called "Skatches" which is unique to the fandom roleplaying scene), and there are those that go as far as to say they are an animal trapped in a human body (this is supposedly the same as someone believing they are a woman trapped in a mans body and vice versa, psychologists say this is a psychological disorder)
thats where.
He drew the line! :lol:
he got the joke!
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I know. That's the point.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'd love to wear ears and a tail, but I don't have any and I wouldn't wear them unless I was alone or around furries. The fursuit is something I wouldn't do myself, but I don't really look down on others doing it. I suppose if I were at a furry convention and someone just out of the blue gave me a good-looking fursuit of my fursona, I'd probably wear it, but it's not exactly something that I have any intent of doing in a realistic situation. But I completely draw the line with actually thinking you're an animal. That's just ridiculous.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I feel the same way Sleet.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:I'd love to wear ears and a tail, but I don't have any and I wouldn't wear them unless I was alone or around furries. The fursuit is something I wouldn't do myself, but I don't really look down on others doing it. I suppose if I were at a furry convention and someone just out of the blue gave me a good-looking fursuit of my fursona, I'd probably wear it, but it's not exactly something that I have any intent of doing in a realistic situation. But I completely draw the line with actually thinking you're an animal. That's just ridiculous.
^ This.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

this seams like something we could make a thread of.
bwah bwah
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Sleet wrote:I'd love to wear ears and a tail, but I don't have any and I wouldn't wear them unless I was alone or around furries. The fursuit is something I wouldn't do myself, but I don't really look down on others doing it. I suppose if I were at a furry convention and someone just out of the blue gave me a good-looking fursuit of my fursona, I'd probably wear it, but it's not exactly something that I have any intent of doing in a realistic situation. But I completely draw the line with actually thinking you're an animal. That's just ridiculous.
I couldn't get any, not even the novelty ears or tail, fearing someone would find it. Could you imagine what it would be like trying to explain that to your family!?
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Well, not if they're also furries (also unlikely).
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

MilesKingford wrote:
I couldn't get any, not even the novelty ears or tail, fearing someone would find it. Could you imagine what it would be like trying to explain that to your family!?
well, i dont know if it would be that big a deal. as long as they didn't buy into the *ehem* steryotypes...

no more of that!
bwah bwah
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

"Hey mum, I'm not going to college."

Yeah, say that to my mum right before the fursuit thing and everything would be ok. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I wouldn;t wear the ears, simply because my hair looks good enough. I would, however, where the tail at any social event. It's not that bad, and looks rather dashing. ;)
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:
MilesKingford wrote:
well, i dont know if it would be that big a deal. as long as they didn't buy into the *ehem* steryotypes...

no more of that!
But it would still be difficult to explain without them jumping to conclusions. And I doubt one's own family would even be aware of the furry fandom (well, mine aren't anyway).
@ Aaron - :lol: Good old-fashioned British wit, I see.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

americans have wit to!...
...kinda...
in any case, i might have a reasource for you. gotta dig for it though :/
bwah bwah
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I'm a furry. Not the kind of furry most people think about, but a furry nonetheless. How many furs do you think make the same claim?
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Anthroguy101 wrote:I'm a furry. Not the kind of furry most people think about, but a furry nonetheless. How many furs do you think make the same claim?
all/nearly all.
bwah bwah
dalonewolf25

Post by dalonewolf25 »

It's because there's not one straight standard.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

OYG! GUYS! I ALMOST FORGOT! I saw this chick in school today wearing ears!

and that one other girl i told you about who i thought was furry and then determined she wasn't? she drew another pic a few days ago and it was a face with animal ears and next to it she wrote "lol i fail at anthro"

thats all.
bwah bwah