about me roleplaying

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

OdedZeituni98

about me roleplaying

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I really like to roleplay :D although I don't like to use animals as part of my roleplays, I like to be a human (myself), I have only two friends who roleplay with me housepets.
I only roleplay as myself (as a human) because I like to do that.
Buster
Game Master

Re: about me roleplaying

Post by Buster »

This should be in the ooc section.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

sorry about that but it's good to know
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Errors ... everybody makes 'em.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Is it possible to have myself as an OOC?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

OOC means Out of Character, so... you're always yourself in OOC.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

can people either stop replying to the misplaced thread, or the mods move it to the right section please?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I'm pretty sure that was a typo and they meant using themselves as an OC. I'm not a mod, but I think the answer is yes as long as you follow all the regular rules and you don't take anything in the role-plays personally. To be honest, you could've made a character based off yourself with out telling us and no one would be worse off from it. That being said, you'd still have to find an RP to join. I don't know which ones are accepting new players, but some implicitly don't allow humans because they don't exist in the setting (Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil, Zootopia and Redwall), most expect people to play as pets, but there isn't anything stoping humans (Sunset Plateau, Applegate, Radients Vineyard, Apollo City, Blue Peak Shore, Edge City Redux, Richmond Acres and especially Exotic Acres and Richardson Valley) and in some your species hardly matters at all (Lounging Around and Beacon Of Hope).

I know it's possible to move existing topics, though I'm not sure if you can move this to Out of Character or if you'll have to PM a mod to move it for you. Fortunately, the mods here strive to be very approachable and welcome PMs.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hi Oded,
Welcome to our forum, hope you'll have a lovely time here. Unfortunately, usually the RPs in our forum is concentrating on the lives of the pets, aka animal characters, so that would probably limit your availability, if there is even any to begin with. If you would like to find out more specifically, please follow the link below to our main OOC and ask everyone there, perhaps some GM would be interested in that.
link: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... =12&t=2874
Also, thank you everyone for helping in replying and trying to explain things to our new member. With that said, I believe everything is done here, so I'm gonna lock this one up just so it won't dilute the section anymore.