CYOA: a "Normal" life.

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jimmy Jazz

CYOA: a "Normal" life.

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Welcome aboard my friends to my next CYOA (Create Your Own Adventure), for the heck of it. the way this works is I write up a chunk of story and add some options on what to do next and all you forumites vote on what to do next. for example "JOEY RAN FROM SOME SCARY GUYS.
A: RUN DOWN THE ALLY
B: TRY AND HOT-WIRE A CAR
C: KEEP RUNNIN' DOWN THE STREEET MAAAN.
OR D: PUNCH DEM CREEPY GUYS"

And goes on like that, but be careful, anything you do here might lead to some hurtin' later on or RIGHT NOW. so think carefully, or this might end sooner than you think. like the last one I made. >__> SooOOooooO! lets get started on this crazy adventure of ours, shall we?

_-_***_-_

Bullets whizzed by, concrete behind the cover he was hiding behind exploded with the impact of the bullets. he checked the amount of ammunition he had left, two more clips left and a grenade. heh, this'll be interesting he thought as the bullets subsided and the radio signals of his foes rang out through the room. "FLANK HIM FLANK HIM!" one yelled "MEDIC" another screamed "WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS" started one but mid sentence our hero popped from his cover and started spraying his general area, the man was down! our man lept behind more cover throwing a grenade over the heads of the soldiers who where currently firing at him or scrambling for cover. the grenade hit it's mark, a explosive barrel by the door way. one unfortunate soldier was blown straight over the railing and flew halfway across the room. our hero reloaded and then sprang up again spraying his foes with bullets and rushing towards their cov-

The Television clicked off, "DAAAD!" yelled Morton, who was mortified at what his father had done. he stood up as the console flickered and lost power aswell. "my last checkpoint was a loading screen and a battalion of dudes behind that fight" Morton complained. his father grinned "either you don't know how to count or you don't know how many men are in a battalion, I certainly hope its the former." Morton grumbled about "...terrorist's... ...themselves" was all his father caught "oh, why don't you just stop playing these games and go build some personality outside?" "We both know that's less of a suggestion and more of an order" Morton said lightly tossing the wireless controller onto the couch "and that that's the excuse parents use for making kids feel better about doing things that they don't want to" "You're onto us" Mortons father said smiling again ruffling his sons hair as he walked past.

-outside-

Morton stumbled out into his back yard with some rubber sandals and the glass door was shut behind him by his father. his father, of course, went back into the house with a book in his hand. he sighed again and looked around the yard, the entertainment value of everything out here dropped quite a bit when he turned nine or ten. there was a swing set, a old sandbox, a slide, and a old kitty pool leaning on the side of the house with a puddle of something nasty and brown in the bottom. Morton made a face as he walked closer to the brown, leaf-infested water in the kitty pool. he probably wouldn't even fit in it anymore anyway. it would more be like him trying to bath in a laundry bin then playing in the pool. he walked over to the side of the sandbox and sat down sighing looking around the yard again, there wasn't much to do... time to... "eni meni mini mo catch a tiger by his toe, if he hollers let him go... eni meni mini..."

A: dig as far as you can in the sandbox, why the heck not?
B: Swing set, probably the most dangerous. considering it's older then his is.
C: Rinse the Kitty pool and see if you can find something out to do with it.
D: The slide is always good fun, maybe you could somehow set up the old piece of rotten wood behind the shed in-front of the slide then slide things down it, and hopefully through the board.

what what? Jolly good time.
Zander

Re: CYOA: a "Normal" life.

Post by Zander »

Edit: Now that i look at my answer again, i want to change it.

I go for
A: dig as far as you can in the sandbox, why the heck not?
Last edited by Zander on Fri May 28, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

C: Rinse the Kitty pool and see if you can find something out to do with it. This how you do it?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm going to second C. :3
STOP BEING BITTER, JIMMY
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

A: dig as far as you can in the sandbox, why the heck not? Because there could be a Black hole in the Sandbox and if you dig it up, you will be sucked in by it. I have a Wild Imagination. ;3

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

*throws out pokeball*

GO C!
Rinse that pool
(Don't hurt me D:)

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

EchoFireant wrote:*throws out pokeball*

GO C!
Rinse that pool
(Don't hurt me D:)
*hugs echo*
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I'm gonna haveta roll with "C."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Alright, everything here leads to some other completely unrelated story to the others, SO NO YOU DON'T HAVE A OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION.

NOTE: this is not going to make sense, generally.

C WON.

---******---

"...Moe!" he said pointing at the pool. "darn" Morton sighed getting up, he walked across the yard and pushed the pool over with a "splish" as the brown leaf-water fell out. he rolled it away from the house while it was still on its side and then put it down, it acting as a small pool. what it was meant to be. not much use for him now, being a foot or so taller then the pools circumference. He sighed and grabbed the house connecting it to the faucet behind some bushes and then rinsed the kitty pool, few leaves, a couple nasty looking Beatles and a good amount of dirt was swirling around in the pool.
Morton lifted the pool again pouring it's contents onto the lawn.

He leaned on the back of the house thinking, stroking his chin where his nonexistent beard was. he could.... try and make a raft out of it... naaah... giant Frisbee?... Mom and dad wouldn't like that one, he thought grinning at the damage he could do with a giant Frisbee. huh... there was always the almost pointless option, trying to make it into a kite... sounds like the most fun option to me Morton thought pushing off the wall and inspecting the kitty pool, the frame was probably too strong, but if he made it too lite it would easily break if... when he flew it....

Roughly two hours later he stepped back from his mad creation, he couldn't wait to fly it. so he promptly grasped the rope that he was going to use for pulling it out. he was about to run across the yard with it when a dirty man with brown jeans (mostly just because they where caked in mud), and a large white beard hopped the fence and yelled "IF YOU FLY IT, YOU WILL FIND IT, IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME AND SMITE THEE" the man said running up to Morton pointing a menacing finger at him. "it be a free country, So I can't stop yee, but heed my warning or the entire world will pay. and we alone will be able to repel it." said the man and then ran and hopped the fence on the other side kicking over the bird feed stand in his neighbors yard picked up and kept running with it.

Morton stared after the insane Hobo shrugged and ran across the yard with his makeshift kite at first it didn't seem like the kitty pool kite was going to work but then it flew up into the sky and Morton started laughing with joy. with a loud FLAP noise the kite lifted Morton off his feet a moment as he ran. he wasn't sure if he should smile even wider or freak out and let go, but before he could deiced and with a roar of the wind and another even louder *FLAP* he was hoisted into the air just barely missing the fence as he flew over the fence. "PFAHHAHAHHAHAHHA" he laughed half scared to death half elated. as he floated above the suburb like a dandelion seed, he looked over the entire neighborhood, this was awesome. he was awesome.

"Now, lets see if I can steer this thing" he said carefully climbing up the rope grabbing the ropes that connected the kitty-pool flier to the rope he was on now. he pulled on one and let the other to go slack to slooowly turn. he very slowly glided back to his house carefully swerving in every-which-way because the wind kept throwing him off course. he eventually was gliding back to his house when he realized that he didn't have a way to get down. "crap..." he said looking between the ground and the Kitty-flier, yes he came up with a name. THE KITTY-FLIER MARK ONE. best name ever, but he wouldn't live to tell it to anyone if he couldn't figure out a way to get down. the first thing that came to mind was the only thing he had time for. he pulled as hard as he could pulling the kitty pool closed, his decent quickened to the point he couldn't hold it shut anymore and re-opened almost knocking him off the thing. just one more of those and he should be back in his own yard. Morton summoned what strength he had left and shut it again, quickening it again, but this time when he was twenty feet off the ground and it flew open it made a threatening "CRRRACK" almost as if the cloth wanted to break, just to smite him. he closed his eyes ready for the fall.... nothing came, good. he just barely shut it making him land on the grassy sod his father put down. he sighed with relief and set the Kitty-Flier mark one down on the lawn setting the biggest rock he could on it heading inside.

luckily it was Sunday, AND his parents where atheist. so he didn't have to go to church. so he got out of bed at his leisure and ate breakfast, then walked into the back yard where he had left his amazing flying Kitty Pool. he inspected it for any signs of damage, but didn't find anything. that was a really menacing cracking/ripping sound though he thought sitting on the swing set and contemplating what he should do...

A: Just go fly it, that cracking sound wasn't anything to worry about.

B: Go inside and see if you can find some extra duct-tape or something, you know, reinforce it.

C: Get all of your money and buy supplies for a entirely new one, a stronger one.

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

B. Duct tape is awsm. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Going with Teh Brawler, B.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

B. Duck tape can be made into a sailboat, a bridge, a gunpowder cannon, be used to hold a car to its place if it's parked besides a lamppost, etc etc etc :D

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Zander

Post by Zander »

B

duct tape for the win.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Way to be a rebel, Buck. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

B HAS BEEN DUCT-TAPED TO OUR FUTURE.

------
Morton stood up and walked back inside grabbed one and a half rolls of Duct-tape (he probably would've gotten more of the sticky stuff, but he couldn't find any) and walked up to his wonderful invention. he searched the entire thing and found a few tears in the bottom, he used the entire roll on the first two, and used the last half on the last one. Hopefully it would hold, his life might depend on it. or his non-concussed brain. Morton was about to grab the rope and take off when his stomach rumbled and he froze. "Dang my metabolism" he grumbled and walked back inside with a definite hunch to his walk. after he ate a bowl of dry cereal (he didn't want all that liquid in his stomach, it would give him a stomach ache. or that was his reasoning) Morton walked back out with a purpose. he tied a few better naughts for holding onto the rope and firmly grabbed onto it and ran. he, as last time, took off zooming over the fence and into the sky.

He whooped with joy as the wind roared past his face, steering around looking for the farm that was supposed to be near by. spotting it near the end of town he started flying towards it by putting torque on various ropes. Morton relaxed as much as he could while flying in a makeshift glider/flying thing made out of duct-tape and a kitty pool as he flew over the suburbs. he saw his school down below him and he stuck his tongue out at it, the teacher's would probably have put him in detention if they knew what he was doing right now. after a while of constant pulling and pushing the ropes connecting to the pool his arms where getting tired, but luckily, he was now flying above the large brown pastures dotted with small groups of cows grazing and lying in the shade. smiling he started making large circles around the fields, soaking in the sights. maybe he could get his pilots license in the future, that would be pretty cool.

Morton smiled looking down at the calf's running around their mothers, one of them clumsily fell into a pond and scrambled back out making a high-pitched "moo. He looked back up and frowned, he saw a slight disorientation, like a floating cloud of water, flying... floating the same height as he was. it certainly didn't seem to be moving, but it was still flying. he steered his aircraft towards it extremely curious as to what it is. once he was almost close enough to touch it, it suddenly zoomed away with such great speed he would've missed it if he blinked. like a dragon fly, it hovered there too. he immediately steered his kitty pool towards it even more curious now. it happened again, it flew away, but not too far as soon as he got close. he determinedly steered his craft towards it again. but this time a few feet away a un-expected gust of wind blew him straight into the thing, the kitty pool caught on the little half-visible craft as it was trying to fly away. Morton got dragging along screaming "OOOH CRAAAAAAAAPP" he yelled as they flew above the pasture. They flew at faster speeds then Morton ever thought he would get going in this thing and before he could even blink, they crashed into the pond making a humorous splash knocking him unconscious.

Morton awoke with a small calf licking his face "EUGH! GET OFF" he yelled sitting up and pushing the cow off. the calf hopped away and hid behind it's mother not too far away. Morton clambered out of the small pond and through the tall cat tails that grew on the side, but only one of them hadn't been eaten by the cows. he stood leaning on his knees panting a bit, mostly his aching body, and utter confusion. whatever had gotten caught in the Kitty-pool glider was defiantly nothing the government or whoever showed the public. after he recovered he finally turned to look at the remains of his glider. there was the torn and completely ruined Kitty pool, and then there was another small craft. nothing he had ever seen or heard of. it was a small rounded cylinder with a hatch popped open revealing a cockpit. whatever had been in there was long gone though, there wasn't any sign of life other then himself and the cows.

--------------

A: cut yer losses and head back home.

B: Check out the wreck, you never know what this could be.

C: Attempt to track whatever had been in the vehicle, he/she/it will know whatever there is to know about this thing.

I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED THIS, YAAAY. I regret nothing.

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm going to go with A, just cuz I know no one else will go for it. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

B: Check out the wreck, you never know what this could be.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

A. Teh Brawler, you forgot the robot of logic.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Mrerhgnuwha?

Uh, P33wii...

This is kinda... more than 4 months old.

So. uhn, Buck, or whoever moderates this forum please lock this?

dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Aww...

Oh, and Diss is the mod...

And how did you know about this?
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Your wish is my command, Jimmeh.

[ Thread Closed ]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other