THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Big Brother

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by Big Brother »

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh. I know that guy, Hollow. He tends to follow me wherever I go. He joins every forum I join. But it's OK. I know him in real life.
Big Brother is here to comfort you. ;3 Check my DA: http://www.yourbigbrother.deviantart.com/
Yokel

Post by Yokel »

I'm Tom, or Yokel as all the lads call me.
The name refers to the fact that I came from outback-west before moving to Brisbane, and that I still enjoy stuff that they reckon is for hicks.
Good times. 19, studying at uni, but considering taking all my hard earned cash and just wandering instead.
...I just like the comic.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Yokel wrote:I'm Tom, or Yokel as all the lads call me.
The name refers to the fact that I came from outback-west before moving to Brisbane, and that I still enjoy stuff that they reckon is for hicks.
Good times. 19, studying at uni, but considering taking all my hard earned cash and just wandering instead.
...I just like the comic.
Ah. The bane of Australia... I mean, heck, it even says in the name. >3

Heehee... Of course I kid. We all know that Victoria is what's bringing us down.
Anywayyy. Ebly is from Adelaide. =w=
Conservative central, I swear.

Welcome to Housepets! and I hope you have a good time. o3o
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Yokel

Post by Yokel »

Ahh Adelaide. I moved all over as a kid, spent a year or two there. Can't actually remember much of it though. 'Cept that it was slightly more exciting than Perth. *zing!*
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Yokel wrote:Ahh Adelaide. I moved all over as a kid, spent a year or two there. Can't actually remember much of it though. 'Cept that it was slightly more exciting than Perth. *zing!*
Slightly?

Come on. PERTH.

Wahahaha.
Nothing

Post by Nothing »

Yokel

Post by Yokel »

Good input, dot. ;)
arcict

Post by arcict »

Um,

Hello.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Hey there.
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Welcome to Housepets, arcict. c:
Korilaz

Post by Korilaz »

sup dood
yes... ive been gone a while.... yes its cuz of LK....
ElQuixote

Post by ElQuixote »

I'm Jacob,
Just a normal 16 year old who was moved to poland. not speaking a word of polish (trying to learn, its harder then learning english!)has caused me to spend much more time on the internet. Ive spent a lot of time on the Skyrates Betahttp://skyrates.net/signup.php (it in a reset at the time of this post but please join), and hunting for webcomics curent reading Two kinds, Goblins, A spiky-haird dragon worthless knight, Last Resort, and Housepets! although i do like to write my spelling is poor and so I never get most of my ideas off the note book.
Yokel

Post by Yokel »

Just started reading TwoKinds. Love the artwork. That's usually what I read webcomics for, the drawing style. Rick's, for instance.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

Hi my name is <CENSORED BY ANONYMOUS> i live on the internet! I'm a furry and muffins and cookies proud of it! well.. I'm big into RPG's and am a file source for everything gaming related. did i mention i live on the internet? I'm also an actor when i need money i use parentheses like people use LOL and I'm fairly nice :P

ITS GOOD TO MEET YOU ALL!
Is Night So Different From Day?
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

Welcome to the crew. Hope you have fun!
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
Negative Zero

Post by Negative Zero »

Hey everybody. I'm Joseph. I'm a sophomore in HS. I've been reading Housepets! since the eighth comic I think. Rick's brother or something was advertising for him on a site that my friend was on. He checked it out and showed it to me. This comic introduced me to the furry lifestyle. I'm really glad for it because it inspired me to start doing furry art. The funny thing was I told myself that I'd start focusing on drawing animals because at that point I was happy with how I drew humans. Now I have my own comic up elsewhere (check my signature), but my skills with humans have seemed to wane some... (thx a lot Rick... jk.)

Anyway, I like reading, random fun facts, manga, anime, cartoons (I'm a big kid inside. I probably have arrested development or something), video games, music, and debating. Debating is fun, I <3 controversy.

I subconsciously named one of the main characters of afore mentioned comic after Rick.

My favorite color is orange.

That's all I'll say now. I don't wanna start rambling.
sal·va·tion (sal-ˈvā-shən) n

1 a: deliverance from the power and effects of sin b: the agent or means that effects salvation

2. Comic set in a city with said name somewhere in the southeastern United States

Wanna see my art? Click Me :D
jesstech

Post by jesstech »

All right, looks like we got a p. good mix of nonchalant, casual furries up in here. (Can we just call ourselves anthropomorphic-appreciative?)

Anyway; college student, graphic/web designer, amateur photog and occasional gearhead. uhh i guess i also like baking things i suppose
CalaverX11 wrote:I'm originally from Detroit, by way of Grand Rapids, Tacoma, WA (in the Army), and currently existing in Chicago.
Yo.

OOPS NOW PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET KNOW WHERE I LIVE UHHOH

EDIT: dudes i don't even know how i stumbled in here. seriously how did I find this comic. somebody tell me.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Hey whats the good word all? I go by Mike and I'm in college. Oh and I'm not a furry, but I do like this comic and TwoKinds.
Yea, I play wow AND I leave my house at regular intervals.
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

... Justin!

Hey all! I'm vaguely a furry, I don't do much in the fandom but I'm a... fan ;) Mostly I just love animals... So I'm 19 years old (Okay, I lied, 18, if I were to post in 16 more days... THEN I'd be 19! But the statement still stands. I'm attending college in Boston to be a Professional Photographer, though I have no idea where I'll end up after college. I'd love to stay in Boston but there seems to already be enough photographers, I guess I'll go wherever there's work! I'm a volunteer firefighter in up-state New York, Adirondack area, and I love it! Living in Boston now I think you can assume that I don't make it to many fires ;) I love doing it when I'm home on break though, it's great to get back into the groove now and then! I'm trying to teach myself to draw (better, because my roommate claims that I can, in fact, draw... I half-agree), and housepets is a huge inspiration, I love the style! I also love to write, as you may have already gussed, but I don't do that nearly enough. I try to keep a small blog for my family to keep up on how I am in college, and I write reviews on Yelp.com.

Oh... I also found housepets from the link on TwoKinds ;)
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

jesstech wrote:Can we just call ourselves anthropomorphic-appreciative?
Too many letters.
CalaverX11

Post by CalaverX11 »

jesstech wrote:All right, looks like we got a p. good mix of nonchalant, casual furries up in here. (Can we just call ourselves anthropomorphic-appreciative?)
I agree, too many letters. "Animal lovers" works, too. And it doesn't give people the impression you're a zoophile.
jesstech wrote:OOPS NOW PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET KNOW WHERE I LIVE UHHOH
Hell, I could post my address, but I don't want screen readers scanning it and sending me more junk mail than I already have. Believe me, /b/tards and other Internet ****ers are of no concern whatsoever...recycling tons of coupons for crap I'll never need, THAT's a chore.
jesstech wrote:EDIT: dudes i don't even know how i stumbled in here. seriously how did I find this comic. somebody tell me.
You and me both, pal.
If you can't beat 'em, write a song about it.
jesstech

Post by jesstech »

That's funny because when I hear 'Animal Lovers' my mind goes IMMEDIATELY to zoophilia, thanks to some awful youtube videos about people and their special relationship with their horses!
CalaverX11

Post by CalaverX11 »

jesstech wrote:That's funny because when I hear 'Animal Lovers' my mind goes IMMEDIATELY to zoophilia, thanks to some awful youtube videos about people and their special relationship with their horses!
Let us not forget 4chan.

Actually...yeah...let's forget about 4chan. Like, forever.
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

You know, I think I somehow managed to discover the perfect program for causing internet intake overload, and then proper steps to detoxify and become a functioning member of society. I just wish I can remember everything that happened. Oh well, at least I can navigate most of the internet without too much trouble(scarring) and still talk to real people as if I'm not a I love you child of the internet.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
CalaverX11

Post by CalaverX11 »

BeyondUshuaia wrote:You know, I think I somehow managed to discover the perfect program for causing internet intake overload, and then proper steps to detoxify and become a functioning member of society. I just wish I can remember everything that happened. Oh well, at least I can navigate most of the internet without too much trouble(scarring) and still talk to real people as if I'm not a I love you child of the internet.
I just took the easy way out. I've become completely de-sensitized to everything on the Internet. Nothing shocks or offends me anymore, but I do know how to separate the "bad" from the "good" so to speak.
Nothing

Post by Nothing »

Ebly wrote:
Too many letters.
What's the matter? Too DEEP for you?
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

CalaverX11 wrote:I just took the easy way out. I've become completely de-sensitized to everything on the Internet. Nothing shocks or offends me anymore, but I do know how to separate the "bad" from the "good" so to speak.
Yeah that's sorta a simpler way of putting my version. I have a habit of being way too wordy.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

words are for people who speak
insignificance

Post by insignificance »

Hi, my name is... *Name withheld!*

I'm from *Address withheld!*

I am *Age withheld!* years old.

Um... yeah...

I found this comic from an ad at the top of the Concession comic website.

Let's see... something about me that's not so revealing...

Um..... Well, I'm a guy.

At least I think I am... I HOPE!

Oh yeah! And I'm a student! I guess that gives a hint about my age...
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

insignificance wrote: Oh yeah! And I'm a student! I guess that gives a hint about my age...
Oh yes.. very telling.. You're somewhere between pre-pubescent and dead....
insignificance

Post by insignificance »

FerretWithASpork wrote:
insignificance wrote: Oh yeah! And I'm a student! I guess that gives a hint about my age...
Dead???
Why does the age line go that far???
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Brihi~

Well this seems like a good place to get another post in. Introductions right? I was tempted to be 'very' nerdy about it and make a d20 modern character sheet for this... but good sense told me other wise hahaha.

As the first line should suggest:I'm a Role playing game nerd. Dice-games, and the like:D&D, M&M, etc. I tend to have at least three games going a week, sometimes more when I over do it. Focusing on the 'role' rather then the 'roll'. I mention this first... because it really is my main hobby above all else.

May as well get the basic information out of the way. Real name is Scott but you can call me just 'Bri'. I live in Newfoundland (east side of Canada) I'm 24 years old, and am currently learning to be a cook (sorta). I'm an over all very tolerant guy, who just might be lacking in strong opinions from time to time.

I 'used' to be a gamer too... but have really been out of date since the PSX era. The money just isn't there to buy systems so I'll be sticking with ROMs until I make something of myself. I'm certainly into comics though... I have a huge list of webcomics I visit every morning, and a few print comics I keep an eye on too (such as Fables... and blue beetle until it was canceled D:). My TV-foo is weak now a days , beyond Transformers-animated (I was an 80's kid alright?), Doctor who, and the occasional House episode I watch very little beyond the occasional anime people convince me to download.

Not sure what inspired me to start posting here... I rarely hit webcomic forums... but ehn I'm here so I may as well stay hahaha.

Oh... and one more thing. I love over-analyzing things... so don't be surprised if my posts get a bit..... "long" from time to time.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

insignificance wrote:
FerretWithASpork wrote:
Dead???
Why does the age line go that far???
one is ALWAYS learning....

ooh that sounded DEEP!...oh look tinsel!
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Hello everyone, my name is Jumplion.

Despite what my name suggests, I am not a furry and don't intend to become one. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some stuff that furry's (allegedly) enjoy! A webcomic is a webcomic afterall.

I'm a huge activist in video games, which is obviously a hobby of mine. I have a Playstation 3 (PSN is Jumplion, see a pattern?) which I love with all my heart and I have a Nintendo Wii (Friend Code will be put up sometime) though sadly I hardly play with my wii (har har, puns). I am also a part of The Escapist a forum that specifies in games and gaming news, but is also a very nice place for anyone really (the trolls are banned quickly), though there are some elitists.

I live in the good ole' U. S. of A. I'd specify where, but I'm paranoid like I've always been. But I do have relatives all the way in Isreal that I meet with every summer and it's always a treat.

Some random things before I close this off, I love to animate (if my avatar didn't suggest) though it would be a miracle if I could ever get off my bubblegum and actually do some animating. While I'm a huge amateur in animation, practise makes perfect, and hopefully I'll improve. Heck, if you want I could make a Stick-Avatar for you guys, though don't count on me keeping a deadline >_>;

I love Housepets! so much for whatever reason. I don't know why, but I absolutely love it and I'm glad I found it. Hopefully I'll be a forum member here for a while, and hopefully Rick won't become Scott from VG Cats (HI-YOO!), but nonetheless I hope I'm welcome here in the forums and have a great time here.

~Jumplion
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Nothing wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Too many letters.
What's the matter? Too DEEP for you?
Yeah.
It hurts my shallow brain.
But that might just be too much coffee.

To everyone I missed, welcome to housepets. c:
gsoft

Post by gsoft »

Right... here we go.
Name's Thomas, gsoft, whatever.

I'm from Asunción, Paraguay, middle of South America and I'm 15.

Well, lessee, I recently started drawing and messing with digital art, and I also make forum skins, banners, buttons. I also fix bonked computers to some extent.
Anyway, hello everyone! I found the comic through Sinder's signature in the VGCats forum. My webcomic reading list is rather small, as I don't really read a lot of 'em... but I like Penny Arcade, VGCats, Staccato and Housepets from now on, heh!

See ya guys around ~
ElementalHero

Post by ElementalHero »

ElmentalHero

Real name, Badre "Bobby" El Amir Bally. I was born in Brighton, England in 1981 to Egyptian parents and have an older brother, moved to Egypt in 1988 and finally moved back to the UK on October 2007. I have a BA in Media, specialty Cinema (Script writing). My hobbies include writing and drawing. I have a dual citizenship and I'm a muslim (just thought I mention it).

I've been following Griffin's work on Deviantart and recently discovered the comic strip and quickly became a fan and wow Bino has issues :? .
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!
Nuclear Fusion

HEY! Listen!

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

I defy your naming principles! You will never know my name, and I will simply become the nameless user!

Oh, and hi. How are y'all?
How are all you guys doing, huh? Guys?.......guys?
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Howdy, my name is Jacob Stretton (Feel free to add me on Facebook and smother me with affectionate fan-mail.) I live in Bradford, Ontario, and I am in grade 11 in Bradford District High School.

Erm, I have been drawing ever since my feeble little newborn fingers cold grip an HB #2 Pencil, and I havent stopped yet. Only recently, however, I discovered that my drawing CAN, in fact, benifit me finacially, despite how im only sixteen. By doing a number of drawing requests for my friends a local garage band caught word of my talents and hired me to illustrate their album covers, logo, designs on their instruments, ect. Long story short, their paying me a nice sum. So life is looking up!
Last edited by Oblivion on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

again... never wise to tell crazy people on the intertubes where it is you live... we have a tendency of USING said info....