THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

icarus

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by icarus »

i'm icarus.

i travel around a lot, but places i've located myself in the past include brooklyn, LA, alabama and japan (for two and a half years). i'm a college grad, heading into grad school overseas in australia.

i like to draw. i do a webcomic (linked in my signature) but it's of a 16-and-up age rating so you may not want to click it.

i forget how i found housepets, but i think it's really cute.

i do more lurking than posting, and tend to post in bursts.
do you think the girls here ever wonder how they got so pretty?
well, i do.
Manachu Boy

Post by Manachu Boy »

Hi, I'm Ade. I found the comic a while back from one of the other comics I read (forget which one now) tho decided to join the forum mainly out of guilt (commenting while drunk during the pulled comic drama was certainly not my finest hour).

I've been known to contribute to the huge pool of webcomickery myself tho my main project's on hiatus due to a king-sized case of writer's block. I like to draw, dabble in computer programming and waste all my money on gadgets and video games.
Silenvo

Post by Silenvo »

.. My internet Profile will for the most part be Silenvo. Though, if you wish you can call be Silver. (all my friends use that nickname) .. My real name is Gregory, but I'm not going to tell you the rest. lol, Anyway Im Being homeschooled ..probably going to go to colleage soon, if i can do right in homeschooling though.. (im slacking back.. >.<).. In terms of a furry i can't really say, it depends on what you mean by it: I do like animals alot, Especialy my dog.. Hidi. As far as dressing up as a animal ... No. I don't.. I prefure imagining myself as things.. (In truth i don't think the term furry describes me very well at all, Rather.. Scaley. Since Online I am an Infiniate Morphing Dragonish Creature.. ) I spend most of my time playing on my computer, and I'm getting a new one soon.. I originaly joined the forum to post about the pulled comic.. .. Anyway I'm planning on staying.. I will comment on occasion... .. anyway My favorite colours are Dark Teal, White, and Silver. I play lots of Starcraft.. And occasionaly some other games... I tend to roleplay alot with my friend on Starcraft.. or I used to.. Now we seem to only text over Hamachi.. I Enjoy around 70% of all Music I'v come across.. ( I really enjoy internet radio stations.. Especialy: "www.Theblast.Fm"..) *Ponders what else he might have left out* .. Uhm. I like tea, and those packaged noodles u stick in water and boil.. ramen noodles or maruchen noodles.. And pizza! >.> .. I think that covers everything i like.. If i must post dislikes, i dislike the suffering of others, problems that are extreamely hard to get over, Jerks, and Complete Morons/Idiots that just can't seem to understand something no matter how many times you try to help them figure it out. >.< .. anyway (wow long post..), that covers it..

Unrelated Topic: I LOVE icarus's Avatar, *black eye* <( LOL ) ... that just makes me laugh uncontrolably... .. and i love laughing. forgot to mention that.. >.> anyway! Hi everyone! i hope you find my attempts at posting helpfull or atleast Corny... <.< ... :)
† §ilenvö Ãrdèsh †
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Welcome to Tom, Badre, Nuke, Jake, Iccy, Ade and Greg.

chances are i'll call none of you that again and will instead call you names based on your username but still whatever.
oh, 'cept for nuke and icface.

bad idea giving out such specific details regarding your location
city is fine
but suburb or street or what school you go to...
that's getting a bit on the specific side there.
of course i really don't think anyone -here- would use that information
but who knows. better safe than sorry, you know?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

icarus wrote:i travel around a lot, but places i've located myself in the past include brooklyn, LA, alabama and japan (for two and a half years). i'm a college grad, heading into grad school overseas in australia.
wait what hold on i just saw this
you're going to australia too now?
you know the last time i actually spoke to you (when you remembered who i was) it was before you went to japan
so that's kind of amazing
but you're moving to australia hopefully?
8B
you will be an awesome addition to the country.
Last edited by Ebly on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

hollow wrote:Greetings.... I am Hollow. I am 16 years of age and I love all that has to do with furries and anthro art, though I am a horrible artist. I have just discovered House pets a few days ago, but I enjoy the comic so much I decided to join the forum. I may sound grave by the way I write but I am more or less like Peanut Butter. I hope I will enjoy my time here and that I will not be a burden on anyone. Thank you for your time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I like tacos.:3
I am also a furry.
... I LOVE your signature!
icarus

Post by icarus »

Ebly wrote: wait what hold on i just saw this
you're going to australia too now?
you know the last time i actually spoke to you (when you remembered who i was) it was before you went to japan
so that's kind of amazing
but you're moving to australia hopefully?
8B
you will be an awesome addition to the country.
indeedy. looking to be certified to teach in queensland, which will in theory mean working there as a teacher. unless i decide to join up with the sea shepherd (enviormentalist vegan pirates!) instead.

also, thanks for the compliment silver. he's my main RP character, and has a patch on his skin a lot like a dog has a patch on fur. i couldn't tell you why, other than i think it looks cool :B
well, i do.
Nuclear Fusion

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

Ebly wrote:.chances are i'll call none of you that again and will instead call you names based on your username but still whatever. oh, 'cept for nuke and icface.
Sweet, not even ten posts and I've already got a nickname.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has responded to this thread with the following:

"... what?"
How are all you guys doing, huh? Guys?.......guys?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

icarus wrote:indeedy. looking to be certified to teach in queensland, which will in theory mean working there as a teacher. unless i decide to join up with the sea shepherd (enviormentalist vegan pirates!) instead.
Better pay, at the very least.
Silenvo

Post by Silenvo »

Icarus Wrote: also, thanks for the compliment silver. he's my main RP character, and has a patch on his skin a lot like a dog has a patch on fur. i couldn't tell you why, other than i think it looks cool :B
.. Oh. Oh well, it still looks funny. "LOL" instead of a realistic "haha" so it makes me laugh anyway. but yeah hes cool for an avatar. and i bet he still makes people laugh first time seeing him. lol.

... Nuther thing.. hurray for nicknames! lol

and Last thing.. i forgot to add to my post that i am a little bit of a reply crazy person, if someone says something i usualy want to be the last one to have a reply.. if im trying to dirrectly address someone i like to have a responce from them though.. im just used to that from dealing with my friend.. usualy if no one replies and i posted a semi-thoughtfull post (or so i'd think) i begin to wonder if i should have posted anything at all and if my input was worth anyones consideration.. witch throws me into self-critisizing and it can be really anoying to myself..

..ok a PS: I decided to colour my posts since i like them coloured.. i hope this isn't a problem.. yay teal/dark Teal!..

Dah. PS2: Can anyone help me figure out how to make a quote say "This guy said this" on the quote? instead of having to write it IN the quote? .. anyway thanks! im done.
† §ilenvö Ãrdèsh †
icarus

Post by icarus »

generally in BBCode, the quote is tagged like thus...

{quote="authorgoeshere"} quote! {/quote}

only using [ ] instead of {}.

so {quote="grapejelly"} meow!{/quote} is
grapejelly wrote:meow!
well, i do.
Silenvo

Post by Silenvo »

Thank you Icarus! :D
Hidi wrote:Bark Bark! Grrr! .... YIP! *flee from over-sized cat*
Yay.. Thanks again. :D
† §ilenvö Ãrdèsh †
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Silenvo wrote:and Last thing.. i forgot to add to my post that i am a little bit of a reply crazy person, if someone says something i usualy want to be the last one to have a reply..
I was here first.
-angry pouty competative face-
Last edited by Ebly on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silenvo

Post by Silenvo »

Ebly wrote:I was here first.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh noes. I have competition... *Fall over laughing* :D
† §ilenvö Ãrdèsh †
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Welcome to everyone that I missed, boy it's been a busy week.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Silenvo wrote:
Ebly wrote:I was here first.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh noes. I have competition... *Fall over laughing* :D
Correction: You have -tough- competition. C<
SolRatch671 (Jayson)

Post by SolRatch671 (Jayson) »

...well, you could just plain read my name off typed in the paranthesis in my username (don't know why I put it up there but whatever).
Anyways, first time on a forum, blah blah blah and all that stuff about being new and a proud furry fan (I just enjoy the art, I don't devote myself to it like the furry extremists who wears the fursuits)
Cutting details, nice site. It's funny and cute. It's like Better Days by Jay Naylor, only a bit more suggestive.
It's 37min of Valentine's Day 09 on Guam so Happy V-Day!
"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."
-Anonymous
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

You're comparing this comic to better days. ... Better days.... the one where... that thing happens.. and.... urk ack.. my brain!

... Seriously now, I don't see how either are similar at all beyond the furry aspect. Maybe both have a slight neighborhood feel to it... but better-days level of seriousness compared is.... drastic... to crazy degree. "HP!" is a silly dog/cat comic.. Better days.. is more like a late night Drama once things get going (Though perhaps that changes again later on? I only got so far)

But right right: I'm being a big big jerk here. Your first time on the forums, and I'm already trying to start an argument!... Clearly I've been spending too much time on 4chan, it's destroying my mind.

Forgive me there....Welcome to the forums my good sir. The people here are over all a friendly bunch from what I can tell, and I must say I share your fear of the furry extremes.. but each to their own right? Things have slowed down the past few weeks so it's pretty calm around here...
Isolation

Post by Isolation »

hello Jayson ive only been here a couple of weeks myself *i think* anyway great to have you here! me not a fur fan extremists either, just like the comics and other things about it. greetings and salutations again! |D
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Isolation wrote:hello Jayson ive only been here a couple of weeks myself *i think* anyway great to have you here! me not a fur fan extremists either, just like the comics and other things about it. greetings and salutations again! |D
Nice grammar there, pal.
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
Isolation

Post by Isolation »

Oblivion wrote:
Isolation wrote:hello Jayson ive only been here a couple of weeks myself *i think* anyway great to have you here! me not a fur fan extremists either, just like the comics and other things about it. greetings and salutations again! |D
Nice grammar there, pal.
me no care.
I stand out side and stare at the stars alot. does that make me weird?
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

Isolation wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
Nice grammar there, pal.
me no care.
I can see that.
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Hi, my name is Snowblind, I'm a furry and also a huge fan of music in general, as of late I've been into Scatman John, I also have a Record Turntable that I love, I guess I'm old-school, I have old-school video game systems as well and I love Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles on the Genesis
"Inside our ribs we take an average of 60 beats per minute ba-rum-puh-pum-pum, ba-rum-pa-pum-pum-pum" - Cloud Cult
Pet Friendly: Snowblind Fox: S5 P5 E6 C6 I5 A8 L7
Foxay

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS.."

Post by Foxay »

"HI MY NAME IS... WHAT, MY NAME IS... WHO, MY NAME IS *CHIKA CHIKA* SLIM SHADY."
:U DO NOT WANT. Name is Jared, friends call me Fox, or Hav.
Live in Australia (mayytee) 15, bisexual male.
Currently a student, work part time. Im a drummer and and i collect stuffs.
i like music and junk.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

hello my name is (deleted due to classified content). :P just call me Jimmy.

and her-... *looks again* whoa... i think this is almost uncanny how much this looks like my life...
Krista wrote: Hallo there~

My name's Krista... just, Krista. I'm one of those devious wannabe jack-of-all-trades artists who reads through long comic archives in single sittings, has no real life outside of the internets, and joined the furry fandom three years after being identified with it. My hobbies include drawing, reading, writing, logical thinking, and cute picture quests across the vast series of tubes... nice to meet you all.~ |3

all except for the "three years of furry fandom" thats me... CREEPY...
and i enjoy video games so much that i lost count of them around 60 and that's just for the consoles. and NO i'm not an addict... i can stop when ever i want to... ;) oh and i enjoy tons of stuff what most people call would "nerdy" but i prefer "geeky".

what what? Jolly good time.
Blunger1

B1 Steak sauce

Post by Blunger1 »

Hi! My name is [what?] My name is [Who?] My name is [Scritchy-Scritchy] Blunger1.

Somehow, that doesn't have the same ring to it...

On topic, however, I am Blunger1. I am a level 50 Web Wizard, in the chaotic path. I read a variety of web comics, but as of now, Housepets! is most definitely my favorite ATM. I don't know what it is about the comic... Somehow, it just exceeds amazing.

I like to draw, even though I am very very bad at it. I do have a DA account, but I don't know if I want to share my terrible pictures ATM... Aside from art and web comics, I also plan to attempt Geohashing sometime in the near future.

I am a sophomore in school, I'm in the International Baccalaureate program, and I can't stand research papers.

=P

--Blunger1

(p.S. this was supposed to appear in the "HI! MY NAME IS... Official thread", hence the opening line. Fixie?)
SIGGY PENDING
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Heya! My name's Buck (but not really). Found the comic a while ago, and finally decided to register. I'm a guy, I'm in high school (junior). I like video games an' such. I want to be an artist, I want to be a writer, but I never seem to have time to sit down and actually try something. I may or may not be a furry. I retrospect, it may have been better to use a different username...

But seriously, I like the comic. I hope I'll get to know some of you guys better, soon!
Last edited by Buckdida on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
locopsychodude

Post by locopsychodude »

I be Roman. Yes that is my name. I found this awesome awesome comic from.... something that i can no longer recall. Just for the record i have a terrible memory. So if i forget someone or something said don't hurt me. Also I can be very random at times hence the profile name "locopsychodude". I'm just a wee crazy with too much drink or sugah. Hmm.... am i forgetting anything?.... uhhh... Furry! Yes, i'm a enthusiast but probably not wear a fur suit anytime in the near future. So yeah.

Edit: See i forgot. I be living in New York and i love going to NYC, best thing since pie. In other news i'm 16, male, and bit of a dandy at times. So yeah. Th-th-th-thh-tha--thats all folks! -Copy right infringement joy-

Chalupas....
merkamerka

Post by merkamerka »

CalaverX11 wrote:
Ebly wrote:Need I honestly say more?
YES. YOU MUST GIVE US YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER SO WE MAY STALK YOU.

Or something.

You forgot Credit Card # and Pin.

Anyways-

... Domino(Nick Name)

I'm 14, currently living in the U.S. (with occasional trips to Madrid), I play many mmorpgs, but usually have my focus around Mabinogi/Rumble Fighter, I do have a quite おたく/オタク and usually find myself Deriving most of my thoughts over anime and Webcomics/Toons(Mostly Bonus Stage and Housepets). I'm somewhat of a artist on both the digital and traditional arts, but so far this whole month my mind has been in the gutters and well... ALL of my "art" so far as turned out to be... well, poop.

EI- NO, I'm not a furry.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootylicious

Bootylicious- It's in the dictionary.

GOD DURNIT, STOP run a marathon ME AWF!!!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Man, overused joke is getting really overused now. U:
I've had enough SS thankyouverymuch.

Wow, lots of people around my age lately U:
/sneakily avoids quantifying
Uh, I mean, what.
Kestral

Post by Kestral »

Hallo!

I am Kestral (obviously). Now, I know the actual spelling of the word is KestrEl, however, on my previous forum, when I changed my nick from Artifactor to Kestral, I did not realize that it was mis-spelled. The mis-spelling sort of became myself, so I never fixed it. Not to mention the fact that somebody else had already joined with the nick Kestrel....

My story? I'm a Christian girl from the good ol' U. S. of A., and am currently only active in one online forum, though I'm a member of 3 or 4....
I have ambitions of becoming a writer/editor, and enjoy webcomics and some manga, though presently I am weened from any manga sprees. I've been reading Sandusky and RHJunior's comics for a while now. If anyone's interested, RHJunior's sight is here.
From where I come from and what I'm used to, topic drift is a way of life, and the wombats fly free (with a little help of force).
I am also diagnosed with SRMD (Science Related Memetic Disorder), if anyone knows what that means.
Love the comics, hope to stick around. ^_^

EDIT: By all definitions.. I could be a furry, I could NOT be a furry. On RH's forums, I am a phoenix morpher. I become human or phoenix as I see fit. So.. I'm more of a feather?
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Hello, everyone. I am Zach, or know better by as "Slippy". I registered at this specific Forum because the comic seemed very interesting. And I wanted to get the know the community. I am a musician and sort of a photoshop artist. I wouldn't really consider myself "furry". I just really like the comic strip. Anyways, thats me in a nutshell... sorta'. And I look foward to getting to know ALL of you. :D
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Slippy wrote:Hello, everyone. I am Zach, or know better by as "Slippy". I registered at this specific Forum because the comic seemed very interesting. And I wanted to get the know the community. I am a musician and sort of a photoshop artist. I wouldn't really consider myself "furry". I just really like the comic strip. Anyways, thats me in a nutshell... sorta'. And I look foward to getting to know ALL of you. :D
Mommy why does the strange man want to get to 'know' me?
But seriously welcome, and I hope your time here is fun and much more important, I hope you stay. Unlike some other members. Ux
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

How come your font is so small? :o
Anyways, thank you. And I do plan on staying. :D
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

The more the better, so welcome!

And Ebly, he just likes the small font. It bugged me at first too, but it makes him identifiable, if anything. Although, I'm sure he'll come up with a much more entertaining reason.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:The more the better, so welcome!

And Ebly, he just likes the small font. It bugged me at first too, but it makes him identifiable, if anything. Although, I'm sure he'll come up with a much more entertaining reason.
Bugged you? Heehee, is it hard to read or something? That wasn't my intent though U:
To be honest being identified really was all it was about. For one thing I love small fonts, but, then, I actually really like big fonts too. I guess it is just a matter of being identified. U:
The only person besides me I've seen using small font is Nothing, I think. U: But I haven't seen Nothing post in ages.

...I'm sure I could come up with a much more entertaining reason if I tried. The truth was just a last resort I swear U:
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Ebly wrote:

Bugged you? Heehee, is it hard to read or something? That wasn't my intent though U:
To be honest being identified really was all it was about. For one thing I love small fonts, but, then, I actually really like big fonts too. I guess it is just a matter of being identified. U:
The only person besides me I've seen using small font is Nothing, I think. U: But I haven't seen Nothing post in ages.

...I'm sure I could come up with a much more entertaining reason if I tried. The truth was just a last resort I swear U:

Its cool. I'll just start using really big fonts now. <:D
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ARRRGH
That bugs me even more!

Bad big font! BAD! ARGH

ARRRRRRRRRGH
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Slippy wrote:
Ebly wrote:

Its cool. I'll just start using really big fonts now. <:D
Hahaha nice. If I were to use a big font it would probably be around 150 or 175, to be honest.
I also like how font sizes on this board are so different to most places. Like I'm used to 9pt and 20pt, not 85 and 200. U: but it also means you can be far more specific than you ever needed to be before, hahaha.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:ARRRGH
That bugs me even more!

Bad big font! BAD! ARGH

ARRRRRRRRRGH
<3
We love you, Buckdida.
We love you with our annoyingly sized fonts.