Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Challenger01

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by Challenger01 »

valerio wrote:
Challenger01 wrote:Dude Valerio, you and I have to do a duet piece with Fido and Spo! I do love your Fido voice, sounds pretty good. I've got a pretty high Spo voice to match the fact that his vocal chords are smaller.
I like this idea!
Tonight (my timezone) am gonna try more strips from this arc. I'll leave out Spo's voice to see what you can do. Deal?

Yeah sure, tell me which ones, I'll send you the clip and you can do some fancy editing!
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:
valerio wrote:
Challenger01 wrote:Dude Valerio, you and I have to do a duet piece with Fido and Spo! I do love your Fido voice, sounds pretty good. I've got a pretty high Spo voice to match the fact that his vocal chords are smaller.
I like this idea!
Tonight (my timezone) am gonna try more strips from this arc. I'll leave out Spo's voice to see what you can do. Deal?

Yeah sure, tell me which ones, I'll send you the clip and you can do some fancy editing!
To be honest, I never edited anything, don't know how to do it, so I hoped you could do it once I sent you my part. Sorry. :oops:
Zander

Post by Zander »

valerio wrote:
Challenger01 wrote:
valerio wrote: I like this idea!

To be honest, I never edited anything, don't know how to do it, so I hoped you could do it once I sent you my part. Sorry. :oops:

Oh! oh! pick me! PICK ME!
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Zander, I relinquish my duties over to you, cause I cause at editing anyways! I'll send you the clip in an email alright? You mind doing a PM email exchange?
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Creek

Post by Creek »

I'm new to these forums, but not this comic, and am too lazy to go make a fancy signature or avatar or picture. But I have been looking around, and the word "Radio" caught my eye.
At first I was thinking of an actual radio station that would discuss the comic in it's entirety, but I'm thinking you actually just want to have people speak the characters' lines and do some other random things.
Personally, I am intrigued by the first idea, and would love to volunteer for something like that because I have--and can find--software and materials in which to make and operate it with.
I am still quite interested in being a voice actor because of my ability to do many different types of voices and tones. For example, an Irish accent or Australian.
Boom. There are ideas for future and current characters.
Have characters with accents!

But seriously, I have everything to be wanted in recording and I don't think my voice is too "shabby" for something like this.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Creek wrote:I'm new to these forums, but not this comic, and am too lazy to go make a fancy signature or avatar or picture. But I have been looking around, and the word "Radio" caught my eye.
At first I was thinking of an actual radio station that would discuss the comic in it's entirety, but I'm thinking you actually just want to have people speak the characters' lines and do some other random things.
Personally, I am intrigued by the first idea, and would love to volunteer for something like that because I have--and can find--software and materials in which to make and operate it with.
I am still quite interested in being a voice actor because of my ability to do many different types of voices and tones. For example, an Irish accent or Australian.

But seriously, I have everything to be wanted in recording and I don't think my voice is too "shabby" for something like this.
Well welcome to the forums Creek! Our idea is more like getting people to play the parts and have the comic as a background sort of thing... If you think you'd be good for a character, make a sound clip for the character and send it in to Teh_Brawler.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Challenger01 wrote:
Creek wrote:I'm new to these forums, but not this comic, and am too lazy to go make a fancy signature or avatar or picture. But I have been looking around, and the word "Radio" caught my eye.

Well welcome to the forums Creek! Our idea is more like getting people to play the parts and have the comic as a background sort of thing... If you think you'd be good for a character, make a sound clip for the character and send it in to Teh_Brawler.
A. There is no underscore in my name.
B. Ebly is also someone you can send it to, as he's technically the one who got this whole thing started.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Creek

Post by Creek »

Thanks, Challenger

Hah, I get the idea now :)

Hmmm but I'm wondering what the demand for characters are. I mean, if I'm competing against 10,000 other people, then I know I don't want to waste my time even trying.
And If I was to try voice acting for anything, I need some sort of idea what you want me to sound like. (hah) I could try to figure out the tone, but other than that, I need to know if you're looking for a generally deep or high or nasely voice.
I also have no idea what character I would want to try out for. Not Peanut, because he's way too high up there.

I just need to know if I have a chance at this, or if it's just like trying to win a car off a cereal box.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Creek wrote:Thanks, Challenger

Hah, I get the idea now :)

Hmmm but I'm wondering what the demand for characters are. I mean, if I'm competing against 10,000 other people, then I know I don't want to waste my time even trying.
And If I was to try voice acting for anything, I need some sort of idea what you want me to sound like. (hah) I could try to figure out the tone, but other than that, I need to know if you're looking for a generally deep or high or nasely voice.
I also have no idea what character I would want to try out for. Not Peanut, because he's way too high up there.

I just need to know if I have a chance at this, or if it's just like trying to win a car off a cereal box.
very few people actually try out for it, some spots not even attempted. If your as good at voice acting as you say you are, give it a try. you might be better.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Creek

Post by Creek »

I really don't want to brag or anything :/ sorry. Jeez.

How few people? And what spots are open? I mean I just wanna do it if I can.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Creek wrote:I really don't want to brag or anything :/ sorry. Jeez.

How few people? And what spots are open? I mean I just wanna do it if I can.
I'm sorry if i came across as i was saying you were bragging, i was trying to say that if you Are as good as you say you are then it should be easy : P

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Creek

Post by Creek »

So what Exactly am I supposed to do?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Creek wrote:So what Exactly am I supposed to do?
record yourself voice acting to any HP comic with the pet you want to go for and send it to Teh Brawler or Ebleh (Ebly)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Creek

Post by Creek »

Where can I find a list of open spiots, and I just send it to one of them in an email? Or attachment to a PM?

o-o sorry for wasting your time
Zander

Post by Zander »

Creek wrote:Where can I find a list of open spiots, and I just send it to one of them in an email? Or attachment to a PM?

o-o sorry for wasting your time
Record whichever you like. if you want a list then refer to the first post of this topic. However, remember that no slot is ever "Closed" if you think you can do a better job then the current person then try, if they decide your better then them then they'll kick them out and youll be the voice acting.

And i dont think we've met. I'm Zander, the one who is going to be putting all the peoples voices together into a story. :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Creek

Post by Creek »

Oh alright. Thanks.

Ohayder Zander (lol), I'm...Creek

AKA:
Iwolfe
Wolfie
JT
Wolf
God of all things cute
Your father
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Hey Creek! Thanks for joining us! :D

See the first post for the list of parts and who currently has the part (no part is ever "closed", we want the best actors we can get ;) )
It's the small font part (because Ebly wants to focus on scripting, though he and Teh Brawler are always open to getting new auditions).
exranio

Post by exranio »

I Have completed my second Joey
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I like your voice, but as with some other people's auditions, the performance needs a little work. I thought that fast-forwarding of Joey's voice when he's talking about D&D was funny.

Also, Lester doesn't quite sound passionate enough....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
exranio

Post by exranio »

I realised the problem with the lester afterwords
I did Iritated instead of rage.

I think i'd do better with a director of some sort
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Creek

Post by Creek »

Does anyone like my idea of having a sort of "talk radio" or podcast or something of that sort? I really like that idea.

After we get all the people in their characters, I could interview them, etc. We also could interview Rick :333

It would be at first just an overall discussion of hpc, and then we could go deeper into it such as discussing the weekly (or however often they ate made) comics. Starting from the beginning to the end and then until he makes new ones.
Instead of having everyone randomly comment on the strips, we could have this.

If anyone likes my idea, say so.
Remember, it doesn't have to be anything formal, it's not like go-crazy-over-it.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Creek wrote:Does anyone like my idea of having a sort of "talk radio" or podcast or something of that sort? I really like that idea.

After we get all the people in their characters, I could interview them, etc. We also could interview Rick :333

It would be at first just an overall discussion of hpc, and then we could go deeper into it such as discussing the weekly (or however often they ate made) comics. Starting from the beginning to the end and then until he makes new ones.
Instead of having everyone randomly comment on the strips, we could have this.

If anyone likes my idea, say so.
Remember, it doesn't have to be anything formal, it's not like go-crazy-over-it.
That would be cool, but thats essentially what this is. Just less talking about it, and more actually reading the comics :p

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Creek

Post by Creek »

But I don't want to read the comics out loud. This would be discussing them. Completely different. I just need to know if I should waste time trying to do this or is anybody else interested in it?

I mean I don't wanna get too off topic but...yeah.
I want to do something for the community. May it be making things or doing whatever else it is you people do. I like to contribute, and not just been another random fan.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I really see no point in having a talk radio about a webcomic, much less one as young as Housepets. What would you talk about that isn't discussed in fourms?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Foxstar wrote:I really see no point in having a talk radio about a webcomic, much less one as young as Housepets. What would you talk about that isn't discussed in fourms?
You beat me to it >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't really think it's necessary to dismiss anyone's idea for a fan project. If someone wants to do it, why not let them? It's not like it'd be any more official than this radio play.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Dissension wrote:I don't really think it's necessary to dismiss anyone's idea for a fan project. If someone wants to do it, why not let them? It's not like it'd be any more official than this radio play.
You beat me to it o_o

I'll agree with Foxstar that, right now, I don't think a 'talk show' about Housepets would work. I think to make it any more than an irregular podcast it would require too much time and commitment on behalf of the members, and the audience would be too small. However, that is the situation right now. If Housepets continues to grow as it has been doing, perhaps this time next year such a project would be more feasible. You can no more dismiss it because people could just type it down than you can dismiss this project because people can just read the comic.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There's no need to be so angry; no one has anything against you. Foxstar, Zander and sliceofdog (whose name I almost abbreviated) were just saying they didn't think it was a very good idea. It's not like it's stopping you from trying; if other people are interested, they can join you instead. Additionally, apologies imply regret, so if you truly regretted being snappy you could have just edited it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Let me explain myself.

For all the time and effort that a radio show takes, you need a lot of stuff to talk about, other wise..

A-It gets boring.

B-It goes in circles.

C-You end up getting off topic.

Housepets by itself is a very young comic. There's a lot that hasn't been fleshed out and what's more, you have one ongoing arc at a time. At best, if you were going to do a show about each arc, you would have really short podcasts that cover what went on that day in the strip and your thoughts on it (Which doesn't lend itself to that much discussion) or shows that take place after the arc is finished, which means your going over a lot of stuff. Plus, how do you do a radio show about a web comic? Even Penny Arcade (Which has a ton of stuff to talk about) doesn't focus so much on what went on in that comic, but what went into making it. That's something Rick would have to do, not really a fan project.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

After some recent privacy concerns I am no longer willing to do this, even if it is not necessary for my privacy to come into it. It's my decision, you don't really need any more than that.

Teh Brawler is now the 'leader', if you will. This topic is done. He will make his own such that he is able to edit the first post.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.