25%
Yes
75%

Total votes: 348

Kyderra

Re: Are You A Furry?

Post by Kyderra »

I wonder if I'm still a furry.

... I know I don't care for labels anyway.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You are a humanoid Growlmon, you tell me =P

These days, I go with the motive you define what you are yourself. It's just fun to imagine yourself as anything these days since that's the fun of being a human being with an intellect ~ to imaginate.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

From my experience, people don't really stop being furries very often. Sometimes they'll stop caring about the fandom, but that's it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I used to say I wasnt a furry but then I found myself entered in a dog show as an official entry
Last edited by tychoaussie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

... They actually judged you and gave you a place?

Man, I one more thing I have to add to my list of "things I've seen people do that I want to do myself."
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I can't see the picture. :( I get a 403 forbidden message.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Can you right-click and copy the image URL?

http://d.facdn.net/art/tychoaussie/1378 ... 5066_n.jpg (This is the URL for it by the way)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I've tried that and "reload image" and "view image" and I still get that message. Perhaps since I'm on campus at university at the moment their filters don't like that website for some reason...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

*Helpful Mod to the rescue!*

Try this: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1wxx ... dDtJE/edit
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah, I can see that. Thanks. ;) Three cheers for helpful mods! Hiphip!

Heh, I think I'll have to start one of those lists, Jeff, so I can add it to it too!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I uploaded it to Deviantart so hopefully it'll work now.

p.s. I wonder if Rick Griffin has seen this thread lately? It seems to have taken on a life of its own :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah, I see it up there now. Thanks. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

"Oh wow my fanbase sure has a lot of furries. Better turn Housepets! into a generic furry webcomic then!"
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Argent

Post by Argent »

But what does the fox say?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wonder if this is what it's like being a bunny who people keep asking you "what's up, doc?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:I wonder if this is what it's like being a bunny who people keep asking you "what's up, doc?"
why would anyone do that, the bunny's the one who's supposed to ask
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sleet wrote:"Oh wow my fanbase sure has a lot of furries. Better turn Housepets! into a generic furry webcomic then!"
I thought it already is.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

X3 its ok tychoaussie thay dont have to know your not an actual dog :lol: BUT you can pretend thats the fun i just cant get over how much i love that fursuit its downright adorable
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

Sleet wrote:I wonder if this is what it's like being a bunny who people keep asking you "what's up, doc?"
Its wabbit season
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

8-) At the extreme risk of becoming a post-clydesdale, I offer you this lil' bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ2zTK5cPx0
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

tychoaussie wrote:8-) At the extreme risk of becoming a post-clydesdale, I offer you this lil' bit:

Lol oh my god! That's pretty dang furry =P. Nice bike by the way. Makes me wish my three wheeler was running.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Tatsuo wrote:
tychoaussie wrote:8-) At the extreme risk of becoming a post-clydesdale, I offer you this lil' bit:

Lol oh my god! That's pretty dang furry =P. Nice bike by the way. Makes me wish my three wheeler was running.
"That dog must be having fun."

Wait a moment, Tatsuo, aren't you a little old for wanting to ride a trycicle?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

anthros are much more interesting than humans
yeah, im a furry :3
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Epic bike riding. :P Cool fursuit you've got. ;)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Silly Zealot wrote:Wait a moment, Tatsuo, aren't you a little old for wanting to ride a trycicle?

Oh this is no ordinary trike. When I'm done with it it will be beast. I'll take some photos of it one day.

hanDesu wrote:anthros are much more interesting than humans

I'd like to think just the appearance. They're fun to draw, but it whats underneath that counts right?

Also I don't know if it's been talked about yet, but I'm just gona leave this here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE just because.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I actually quite enjoyed that music video. :)

Tatsuo: I'll look forward to seeing your trike.

Tycho: I'm curious. Is the movement in your jaw somehow controlled by you within the suit or by someone outside with a remote?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:"Oh wow my fanbase sure has a lot of furries. Better turn Housepets! into a generic furry webcomic then!"
I always keep saying to myself "When a comic has a lot of animals and pets, does that really make it furry? Or does the community do it?" =P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

A furry Web comic is one which seeks to appeal primarily to members of the furry fandom. Housepets!, while featuring anthropomorphic animals, is targeted at the broadest possible audience.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

Dissension wrote:A furry Web comic is one which seeks to appeal primarily to members of the furry fandom. Housepets!, while featuring anthropomorphic animals, is targeted at the broadest possible audience.
That sums up my opinion quite nicely as well. HP! is something I can share with my family and friends, no matter who they might be.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

tychoaussie wrote:
Dissension wrote:A furry Web comic is one which seeks to appeal primarily to members of the furry fandom. Housepets!, while featuring anthropomorphic animals, is targeted at the broadest possible audience.
That sums up my opinion quite nicely as well. HP! is something I can share with my family and friends, no matter who they might be.
Precisely. =3

Now if only the people that I try to get to read the comic would stop being so dismissive about it. >_>
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not entirely sure it has to intentionally target the furry fandom to be a furry webcomic.

Do the people who don't want to read it refuse just because animal people?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have a few friends who read it, but the rest don't want to read it because of what society might think of them.
I wish they would stop caring about other people's opinions about them, they're students! Nobody cares what students do differently. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:I'm not entirely sure it has to intentionally target the furry fandom to be a furry webcomic.

Actually, that's one of the whole grabs they loved about the comic. They loved the sense of humor. The first title of Rick's comic alone was a strong enough grab for the people I showed it to and commented how they loved the name of the title of the comic. After that, though, it's like they don't care anymore.

I think i'm starting to realize it has less to do with the fact it's a furry comic and more like they think the comic is just not strong enough to get into on a regular basis. I can grab readers, but after that, it's back to business as usual. Like a book in the library kind of deal.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

The webcomics discovering have brought me in the furry fandom realty knowledge; they're not directly connected, but there's a line between them, though. And according to me, a nice webcomic series featuring stories plus well drawn anthropomorfic animals for the casting, it's a double win.
GameCobra wrote:
Sleet wrote:I'm not entirely sure it has to intentionally target the furry fandom to be a furry webcomic.

Actually, that's one of the whole grabs they loved about the comic. They loved the sense of humor. The first title of Rick's comic alone was a strong enough grab for the people I showed it to and commented how they loved the name of the title of the comic. After that, though, it's like they don't care anymore.

I think i'm starting to realize it has less to do with the fact it's a furry comic and more like they think the comic is just not strong enough to get into on a regular basis. I can grab readers, but after that, it's back to business as usual. Like a book in the library kind of deal.
You follow an active webcomic when you really like it, when it catches you, and the fact that's of the furry kind or not, it's not a reason.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

From my experience, it takes a lot to stop reading a comic, since it requires so little commitment to continue reading.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cesco wrote:You follow an active webcomic when you really like it, when it catches you, and the fact that's of the furry kind or not, it's not a reason.
Depends, but you do have a point. When I said "Furry" in my last post, I said it stereotypically when I meant people where i'm at are just not into the cute character pet craze of the comic, but rather the witty pet-like humor.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

i think it is a somwhat a furry comic my perents or anyone for that matter dont know i am a furry so i sorta will drop hints here and there i would show them furry art sometimes but when i showed my mom this comic and said it made best anthromorphic comic of the year i think she got an idea cuz my mom asked me its not dirty or innapropiete is it? i said NO and before this i sometimes read vg cats and we wer once waching american dad and it was one random moment there at a fursuit convention and my mom commented on it i dont remember what it was but i said you know what furrys are? she said ya there perverts ..... i wanted to say something but i just froze up i dont know why but it even took me alot to even show her this commic and i know i am a furry i even showed an intrest in furry art and anthromorhpic art before i even knew what the fandom even was or existed so i just called them animal people if there wasent a bad side to the fandom i would be more comftorble talking about it but i just need to set an example that alot of furrys are really good and awesome people but my mom does like housepets though she said it was cute
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

matthew Wolf wrote:i think it is a somwhat a furry comic my perents or anyone for that matter dont know i am a furry so i sorta will drop hints here and there i would show them furry art sometimes but when i showed my mom this comic and said it made best anthromorphic comic of the year i think she got an idea cuz my mom asked me its not dirty or innapropiete is it? i said NO and before this i sometimes read vg cats and we wer once waching american dad and it was one random moment there at a fursuit convention and my mom commented on it i dont remember what it was but i said you know what furrys are? she said ya there perverts ..... i wanted to say something but i just froze up i dont know why but it even took me alot to even show her this commic and i know i am a furry i even showed an intrest in furry art and anthromorhpic art before i even knew what the fandom even was or existed so i just called them animal people if there wasent a bad side to the fandom i would be more comftorble talking about it but i just need to set an example that alot of furrys are really good and awesome people but my mom does like housepets though she said it was cute

As mentioned before, there's always a good and bad side to everything. Just show her all the good. I pretty much play the whole naive thing when it come to showing my family anthro art or this comic. I just tell them it's cartoons and I enjoy drawing them.

The way I see it, if your parents enjoyed watching either bugs bunny, roger rabbit, or tom and jerry when they were younger, what's so different about this?
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

:P thanks thats a good point
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Are you suggesting VG Cats isn't dirty? :P

Also, please try to use punctuation properly. It makes your posts much easier to read.