2022/01/11 - Bear Trap

Post by Obbl »

[ Bear Trap ]

Title Text: OW, MY IRONY GLAND

What's this? Competency from a villain? Whatever has the world come to? :D
Harry Johnathan

Re: 2022/01/11 - Bear Trap

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Lois looks like a giant in the first panel. Also thought Bruno was gonna show up based on that title.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He isn’t wild, mate, she’s livid
as she finds that she still stands out;
running through a crowd collarless;
making everyone scream and shout..
Steward can probably find them
but can he catch them in the ruck?
It’s time the gang now faced the truth -
as heroes, this lot really suck.
Todd, though, is truly cuddly
until you get to know him.
Unless, of course, this attitude
is just turned on upon a whim...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, Todd, that's what you get for being a Red Panda; The world falls in love with you (something I thought he wanted from the start)!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Harry Johnathan

Panda hugging panda.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:13 am Panda hugging panda.
Oh, all right... It's Pandamonium.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So Lois, Marion, and Todd, along with other randoms, are now gigantic but Tarot and Aardvark stayed normal size?

"One side will make you grow taller and the other will make you grow smaller" - must depend on which side of the car you jumped outta........ :?
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 am So Lois, Marion, and Todd, along with other randoms, are now gigantic but Tarot and Aardvark stayed normal size?

"One side will make you grow taller and the other will make you grow smaller" - must depend on which side of the car you jumped outta........ :?
I'm not sure if I follow. As awesome as that sounds, They look quite the same. You sure there's not some tricky perspective thing going on?

But if it did happen, I think having Lois act as their Muscle and take on Steward would be a fun fight! Maybe she can tag team with Super Were-Tiger Res (if only he knew what was going on...)

Anyways, this whole Panel is giving me Jumanji vibes, but instead, the Stampeding Animals were more aware of their surroundings. XD
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Lois and Marion are still running, at least. Good idea to hide yourself in a crowd of people turned into animals, but they're scared of you and haven't yet realized what have became, okay... :P I fear that demon Steward is going to find you now... :? Don't laugh, Todd, you better watch out from unexpected hugs. ;) Eheh, it's cool to see a panda bear here. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:17 am
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:55 am So Lois, Marion, and Todd, along with other randoms, are now gigantic but Tarot and Aardvark stayed normal size?

I'm not sure if I follow. As awesome as that sounds, They look quite the same. You sure there's not some tricky perspective thing going on?

But if it did happen, I think having Lois act as their Muscle and take on Steward would be a fun fight! Maybe she can tag team with Super Were-Tiger Res (if only he knew what was going on...)

Anyways, this whole Panel is giving me Jumanji vibes, but instead, the Stampeding Animals were more aware of their surroundings. XD
Hi, Sky. Well, compared to the buildings around them, the characters seem very disproportionately larger, huge even.
... and you're right about the Jumanji atmospherics.
and and, for that matter, Res certainly has a better track record dealing with demons than Tarot - compared to The Forgotten, Stewart-demon is Tweety-pie. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here's Steward nabbing Lois and Todd then since I'm sure he will see everybody running from a bobcat in terror. That panda will drop Todd like a ton of bricks when Steward looms over them. I have a feeling that Marion, who was the first transformed will be the hero in this story.

And Tarot will have a massive breakdown over missing her chance again. Prove me wrong Rick! Please!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Cesco wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:09 pm Lois and Marion are still running, at least. Good idea to hide yourself in a crowd of people turned into animals, but they're scared of you and haven't yet realized what have became, okay... :P I fear that demon Steward is going to find you now... :? Don't laugh, Todd, you better watch out from unexpected hugs. ;) Eheh, it's cool to see a panda bear here. :D
Would be funny if Demon-Steward was trying to be careful not to step on anyone other than his intended targets. Like that one part in Zootopia where Judy is going after that Weasel in that Rodent City, and she's trying not to step on anyone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somehow I don't think Steward would care if he ends up killing any innocent people while trying to get them.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

A positive menagerie of species, is that a sloth top right or some other critter?
Disproportionately Dappled
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:11 pm
MrBlueSky7 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:17 am

Hi, Sky. Well, compared to the buildings around them, the characters seem very disproportionately larger, huge even.
... and you're right about the Jumanji atmospherics.
and and, for that matter, Res certainly has a better track record dealing with demons than Tarot - compared to The Forgotten, Stewart-demon is Tweety-pie. ;)
It's a perspective thing. The 'camera' is low down, Marion & Lois are near it, the tall building further back is, well, further back.

Or, to put it another way...

Perspective in 'Father Ted'
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay, Welsh, thanks ... and thanks for the good laugh; I kinda needed that. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Ah, Father Ted was great, "not small just far away" not to digress too much but for those that haven't had the pleasure there is also a great song from the series, my lovely horse, it's certainly memorable, Father Ted trying to play his guitar in that episode reminds me of when I was first trying to learn guitar chords. Also fetlocks could be the greatest word for a song lyric ever in my humble opinion.

https://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It helps that it isn't made up. Fetlocks are joints of all horsess leg between the cannon bone and the pastern.
Harry Johnathan

DDeer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 am Ah, Father Ted was great, "not small just far away" not to digress too much but for those that haven't had the pleasure there is also a great song from the series, my lovely horse, it's certainly memorable, Father Ted trying to play his guitar in that episode reminds me of when I was first trying to learn guitar chords. Also fetlocks could be the greatest word for a song lyric ever in my humble opinion.

https://youtu.be/jzYzVMcgWhg
Father Ted because it's finale is lost media. Well, okay not entirely. It was originally supposed to end with Father Ted being depressed about having to stay on Craggy Island and sitting with Father Kevin on the window ledge drinking but after the lead actor's death was replaced with an emotional montage of random events from past episodes of the show, the original ending now being lost forever.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They filmed the final episode with the actor before he died? If that was the case I'm not sure why they couldn't release it and the clip show at the same time.

Looked up the actor and wow, he was young when he died. Actually 3 years younger than my uncle when he had his fatal heart attack.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:30 pm They filmed the final episode with the actor before he died? If that was the case I'm not sure why they couldn't release it and the clip show at the same time.
If you know WHY Father Kevin sits on the ledge you would know why it would be super disrespectful to release that clip after the actors' death.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No I do not but if there is a reason it wasn't released I understand. I just don't know the specifics behind everything.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Where's Squeak when you need her? Up in Heaven saying, "The elephant afraid of mice thing is another stupid stereotype." Followed by "Hey Lois, see if your friend is free Friday I got a pair of tickets to "Stomp"."
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Marion's perched atop Lois's shoulder, lookout-
For the bobcat who just grows ere bolder, a shout
From a recently turned pachyderm, unawares
That they're now quadrupedal brings screams and bared stares.

That's not fair, shouts the bobcat, head spinning round-
As all her plans for escape hit the ground-
And as he laughs that the fear is plainly hilarious,
Todd finds himself in the arms of a panda, the beariest.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Coming back to this strip, can you ACTUALLY take a red panda home? I wouldn't think they are able to be used as pets.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:33 am Coming back to this strip, can you ACTUALLY take a red panda home? I wouldn't think they are able to be used as pets.
I think it's legal in some places but I dunno tbh...
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just looked it up. It is illegal ANYWHERE in the US to own a red panda or take one home as a pet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 pm Just looked it up. It is illegal ANYWHERE in the US to own a red panda or take one home as a pet.
In OUR Earth's U.S.A. Don't think the Housepets! Earth has quite the same laws...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that might be true but still I can't see them being owned. Especially if they are sentient and able to function in the wild on their own.
Wrenisprobablyb0red

Post by Wrenisprobablyb0red »

But wouldn't that imply that other pets such as dogs, ferrets, and cats aren't sentient and able to function in the wild at least as well as a human?
I'll be honest, I think being a pet is more about whether the animal wants to be one in this world. Which I suppose begs the question of how domestication would have even happened in the Housepets universe? Or if it happened at all?
Yeah, I don't know. Probably better not to question it, because I don't really imagine getting answers would improve the story in any major way.
I came here looking for (noun), but this is so much better!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think its because in this universe some animals are able to be domesticated and become pets and others aren't. Therefore it is some how wrong to try to domesticate an animal that you take from the wild like red pandas.