2021/12/21 - Raise The Roof

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2021/12/21 - Raise The Roof

Post by Obbl »

[ Raise The Roof ]

Title text: lois that's OUR thing

Plans that very easily could have gone horribly awry, but luckily went exactly to plan are a staple for a reason you know ;)
CuriousCnidarian

Re: 2021/12/21 - Raise The Roof

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

It's like demon-steward turned over a rock in the forest and all the roly-polys that were underneath it started running every which way. Even in its current condition, you could still probably get a decent price for that car in today's market. And will we ever get a name for the aardvark? Considering this is (supposedly) the last arc, probably not.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Something tells me from that 'Little' Stammer he gave out, Steward's only job was to make sure they don't ever leave his sight, and now we're about to see the consequences of him failing said task... 😬
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You know what they say Louis, if it's stupid but it works...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Poor Aardvark.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally, being a quite honest jerk
begins to pay off for young Todd.
As one overacts his heart out
Todd just steals the limelight, the sod.
Steward opens the sardine can,
using his claw as the key.
He was after the snack inside
but he’s enabled them to flee.
Operation ‘leg it’s in play
as they scatter into the wind.
If they make it to Kitsune
All of Stewards’ plans will be binned.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Gbr23 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:53 am You know what they say Louis, if it's stupid but it works...
Basically how Jack Sparrow lives :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Lois seems like quite the fan of that particular threat.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Well, that hurt Stewart.

I think it's funny they got away so easily as well, but I can blame it on Stewart not being used to reacting to these situations. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Close, Lois, but you're a lynx not a snow leopard.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
mr_abomination

Post by mr_abomination »

Gbr23 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:53 am You know what they say Louis, if it's stupid but it works...
MAXIM 43: If it's stupid and it works, it's still stupid and you're lucky.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Todd doesn't know the difference between threatening to eat you with love and threatening to just eat you. I am pretty sure his is the latter. :geek:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, Marion is clearly faking to feel weak. :P Lois' mimic isn't new to me. :lol: Whoa, Todd, you made him angry, without any offensive bad word! :o Well, villains can also react so. :P But it worked, demon Steward opened the car like a can. :D Run away with all your energies... :? Todd can be a nice morsel for you, Lois, but wait after your running to see if it worked. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:21 pm I think Todd doesn't know the difference between threatening to eat you with love and threatening to just eat you. I am pretty sure his is the latter. :geek:
The difference is in the sauce. ;) (Bon appetite, Lois.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:03 am Poor Aardvark.
... and nowwwwwww, NAME THAT AARDVARK!!! Remember the comic where Maxwell was a lost, injured kitten, pursued by a voracious coyote and a raven ... everybody was trying to name the coyote without waiting for Rick to reveal his/her moniker. Samantha, I think, was the main choice but I don't think the character was around long enough to get a name from Mr. Griffin.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The name of the coyote was given in the title text and it was said to be Sam. Whether or not that was actually the name or just a joke is unknown. I think that everybody decided it was a female though and we didn't get that information from Rick.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, I’ve known girls named Samantha who went by Sam.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CuriousCnidarian

Same here. And tbh, I kinda like the idea of the aardvark remaining unnamed.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:08 pm The name of the coyote was given in the title text and it was said to be Sam. Whether or not that was actually the name or just a joke is unknown. I think that everybody decided it was a female though and we didn't get that information from Rick.
Pretty sure that wasn't really her(his?) name. It was just a jokey reference to the old Warner Bros. cartoon series "Sam & Ralph".
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Albert the Aardvark has a nice ring to it I think, him remaining nameless seems fine though, maybe more will be revealed about this character later in the arc, seems like he's gonna hang about.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:02 am Same here. And tbh, I kinda like the idea of the aardvark remaining unnamed.
That's fairly likely, given that part of the resolution of this story will likely include many/some of the transformed humans having their humanity restored. Then he'll just disappear with Terrance, Rex, Daisy, Yeltsin and other walk-ons.

On the other hand, imagine the rumpus in the camel cage when Thomas changes back - good thing he wasn't turned into a viper. Cathy would not be pleased. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since Thomas wants to turn back into a human I think he might not be one of the ones that gets turned back. I also wouldn't be surprised if Karma Houdini Cecilia who got away with everything and left Thomas getting all the blame is also permanently turned.

As of now, I think that all of the characters in the car will want to stay as animals. Albeit I can see Marion and Lois wanting their genders reversed.
CuriousCnidarian

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm Since Thomas wants to turn back into a human I think he might not be one of the ones that gets turned back. I also wouldn't be surprised if Karma Houdini Cecilia who got away with everything and left Thomas getting all the blame is also permanently turned.

As of now, I think that all of the characters in the car will want to stay as animals. Albeit I can see Marion and Lois wanting their genders reversed.
I could see Thomas not getting turned, because he was a victim of the curse's intended purpose - he tried to steal the gold. Same with Steward. All other transformations post-King were due to a misuse of that curse in ways it was never intended, so those get rectified. Overall, that'd be an ending I'd be OK with.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We will just have to see what happens when this arc is over and what the future holds. Rick isn't doing arcs anymore so I assume he'll just be doing one=shots then? I'm not sure how that works.
restcure

Post by restcure »

D-Rock wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:36 pm Well, I’ve known girls named Samantha who went by Sam.
I've only known one - and she was a witch.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm Since Thomas wants to turn back into a human I think he might not be one of the ones that gets turned back. I also wouldn't be surprised if Karma Houdini Cecilia who got away with everything and left Thomas getting all the blame is also permanently turned.

I could see Thomas not getting turned, because he was a victim of the curse's intended purpose - he tried to steal the gold. Same with Steward. All other transformations post-King were due to a misuse of that curse in ways it was never intended, so those get rectified. Overall, that'd be an ending I'd be OK with.
So would Sophie Camel, I'm guessing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:01 am We will just have to see what happens when this arc is over and what the future holds. Rick isn't doing arcs anymore so I assume he'll just be doing one=shots then? I'm not sure how that works.
Oh ... I missed that ....
(but, then, I miss a lot. ;) )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure what is going to happen. I thought I read that Rick was done with doing arcs so the only thing I can think of is one-shots.
CuriousCnidarian

He said that Heckraiser: Revelations would be the last arc, then Housepets would rebrand into something like "Housepets: Worlds" because there's still stories he wants to tell, he just doesn't want to be "locked in" to any one particular story, iirc. I'd imagine it'd be something like the smaller one-off standalone chapters focusing on wildly different characters that don't tie in to any overarching story.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:32 pm He said that Heckraiser: Revelations would be the last arc, then Housepets would rebrand into something like "Housepets: Worlds" because there's still stories he wants to tell, he just doesn't want to be "locked in" to any one particular story, iirc. I'd imagine it'd be something like the smaller one-off standalone chapters focusing on wildly different characters that don't tie in to any overarching story.
To be defined by the doing, I guess. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So he will focus on a character instead of an arc then? I think that is what it sounds like.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Marion cries, oh I'm gonna pass out,
Which from Steward brings a shout
That he wants them to just go with the plan
As he opens the car up like a can.

Todd's ticked him off and they run,
Now comes time for the real fun;
As they flee and don't back,
Lois says, "I'll make you a snack."
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just from seeing them all stuck in the car I now know how unbearable it must be for pets left in a car on a hot day. That has really truly horrifying. :shock: