2021/08/18 - Gaming Mouse

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/08/18 - Gaming Mouse

Post by D-Rock »

[ 021/08/18 - Gaming Mouse ]

Title Text:

Actually, he may have something here. The mice community doesn't have anyone catering to them yet.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2021/08/18 - Gaming Mouse

Post by IceKitsune »

I really like this art style. It's very cute.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I really like this one. Spo is such an easy choice for this particular type of character, and Fido works so well as the straight man... dog :D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frederick and Sancoon rise up
and re-invent a gamer Mouse
as Spo shows his guy what happens
if you leave him around the house.
He’s smarter than a GamerCat
and sleeker than a Dog called Kade.
When he’s finished the button mash
the game just knows it has been played.
You’re already a computer star,
there’s no need for you to try hard
and your big bro needs you right there.
What’s life when missing your wild card?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

I just had to resurrect my account and say, I love this guest strip's style. It's a whole wildly different and enjoyable take on how shapes and colors work, but it still keeps characters recognizable. It's very visually expressive of emotion, and the layout is really well done. I assume Federick and Sancoon read that illustrated guide Rick did on making speech bubbles.

I don't know if either of the authors have other works, but does anyone know where there's more styled like this? If so, I want to see it!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hedronal wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:37 am I just had to resurrect my account and say, I love this guest strip's style. It's a whole wildly different and enjoyable take on how shapes and colors work, but it still keeps characters recognizable. It's very visually expressive of emotion, and the layout is really well done. I assume Federick and Sancoon read that illustrated guide Rick did on making speech bubbles.

I don't know if either of the authors have other works, but does anyone know where there's more styled like this? If so, I want to see it!
Agreed. And it shows the strength of Rick's chracters that their personalities still shine through despite the artistic differences in their depictions. Goo work, chums - oh, and funny, too. ;)
DocFlareon

Post by DocFlareon »

I'd swear that one of them is an arctic fox named Sea Trout who does fan art for Super Animal Royale.
F73FF

Post by F73FF »

Hedronal wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:37 am I just had to resurrect my account and say, I love this guest strip's style. It's a whole wildly different and enjoyable take on how shapes and colors work, but it still keeps characters recognizable. It's very visually expressive of emotion, and the layout is really well done. I assume Federick and Sancoon read that illustrated guide Rick did on making speech bubbles.

I found Sancoon's works thanks to the Twitter comments of the Housepets account !

https://twitter.com/_sancoon_

Also, this is my first message on this forum, hello everyone :)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

But, looks like Spo isn't playing videogames for fun... :roll: He just wants to feel popular following that trend and doing those facts, meh... :P Eheh, that pun is good, though. :D I agree with you, Fido. ;)
Nice comic, Federick, and very good work again with your draws, Sancoon. :)
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

Man, now I would want to see King and his family in his art style! Though Spo would have to be on his A-Game when it comes to the pups.
--
"Hey Spo, the Sneaky Motocycle Squeaker!" "Care to join us..." "...In a Bomberman Dynablaster Blender?!" Cue the pups taking out their Retroarch Box. "Three against one? Bring it on!" All King is thinking (knowing his terrible luck against those three when it comes to games) "Good luck Spo. You're gonna need it all."

...It's only later that the three dominated the little mouse in every possible way. "That not fair! You cheated!" "Unless otherwise stated, all's fair in the King Milton's game household of Love and War!" Kitsune jeered, playing referee as always "And they love to drive the likes of you mad!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to agree with Fido on this one Spo. I don't think that the direction you chose is really gonna help you out in the long run.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

If it's not gonna be fun, why spend all day
Grinding on games that you hate to play?
It makes no sense, Spo, have common sense
Even if you're trying to grow an audience...

Nice third wall break, Fido,
You're not supposed to let him know
That none of this is real,
But trust me, I won't squeal.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The AVGN Spo is not. I don't think he can be like him due to the rating of the comic. :geek: