2021/05/31 - End Of Year Thirteen

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/05/31 - End Of Year Thirteen

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/05/31 - End Of Year Thirteen]
Title Text: -udgicle

You know, I want to blame the higher power, but he has a point.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2021/05/31 - End Of Year Thirteen

Post by IceKitsune »

Man 13 years of this comic. That is quite amazing. Looks like everyone is in some real trouble now. Hopefully Tarot has a back up plan
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Whoa, we've reached the end of another year already? Man, time flies...

Also, is there no Growth Spells in that Book?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

"Daugicile!" Such a potty mouth for a little dog.

I'm thinking still that Kitsune is going to be slapped back by his boss and this will be part of the resson.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

End of year already!?!? Wow, it went fast. congrats on another successfull year Rick and HP! team!

And on another note, I hope that by the end of this Kitsune gets a some kind of fine for taking this whole deal so lighty
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Anyone reminded of this? I'm not sure if I should more irritated with Tarot for trying again to be the one who saves the day or with Kitsune for dodging something that's actually his responsibility this time and just letting her have a go at it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

IceKitsune wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 am Man 13 years of this comic. That is quite amazing. Looks like everyone is in some real trouble now. Hopefully Tarot has a back up plan
Kitsune and Kix are in real snuggle, not real trouble.

M’lady, you must Kix him from bed,
the dude has a world he’s to save.
I wouldn’t ask this normally
but the threat is totally grave.
She overestimates herself
and it’s not under her control;
if you don’t hurry to the fight
someone might lose more than their soul.
Bladders are weakening up there
as they see more than his big toe.
When all the sidekicks fall away
it’s time the big guy has a go.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Welp, It was nice knowing yas :3

Happy Year 13, Housepets!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

They say 13 is an unlucky number. On that note, the final panel seems pretty appropriate for the occasion.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

leinglo wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 am Anyone reminded of this? I'm not sure if I should more irritated with Tarot for trying again to be the one who saves the day or with Kitsune for dodging something that's actually his responsibility this time and just letting her have a go at it.
What do you mean this time? Dodging something that's good responsibility is basically all that he does.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rockin' the granny glasses there, Kix.

Major congrattz on thirteen years of Housepets!, Rick! Here's to thirteen more!! ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Congrats indeed, reminds me of when the DIY manual you buy is missing a key step. Seems Kix is a bookworm, I'd love to know what she's reading.
Disproportionately Dappled
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Firstly, congrats on 13 Years of Housepets!

Also, something is telling me that next part of Heckraiser is going be some major character development for Tarot (Heck, this whole arc feels like a Tarot arc).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
AlKatze

Post by AlKatze »

Happy 13 years!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

DDeer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:49 am Congrats indeed, reminds me of when the DIY manual you buy is missing a key step. Seems Kix is a bookworm, I'd love to know what she's reading.
Japanese folklore. Every few minutes she looks up, "Did you really...?"
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:44 am Firstly, congrats on 13 Years of Housepets!

Also, something is telling me that next part of Heckraiser is going be some major character development for Tarot (Heck, this whole arc feels like a Tarot arc).
indeed, sir. And we've learned - as many long suspected - Tarot doesn't do her homework.
Why do I keep expecting Res, Lester, Dallas, Sabrina, and a whole bunch of folks from the last Temple escapade to show up? Sentimental, I guess.......
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:16 am
DDeer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:49 am Congrats indeed, reminds me of when the DIY manual you buy is missing a key step. Seems Kix is a bookworm, I'd love to know what she's reading.
Considering how messed up and borderline demonic Kitsunes are in Japanese Folklore, I seriously hope he answers a swift "NO!" and means it every single time. :(
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am
IceKitsune wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 am Man 13 years of this comic. That is quite amazing. Looks like everyone is in some real trouble now. Hopefully Tarot has a back up plan
Kitsune needs a bit more self-awareness.

He convinced Bahamut he had it in the bag, too, and here he is letting things go downhill for the lulz again.

Serve him right if Bahamut has to step in and pull his fuzzy bubblegum out of the fire and he gets banned from meddling for a human lifetime or so.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:19 am
Considering how messed up and borderline demonic Kitsunes are in Japanese Folklore, I seriously hope he answers a swift "NO!" and means it every single time. :(
"Look Honey, the locals wrote their own versions of these stories, I didnt interfere... I didn't care. None of those stories have more truth than just a minor core. Well, except that one tale... have you made it to page 245 yet?"
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, it's like demon Steward is being sarcastic with Tarot. ;) Alright, there's a page for mortals turned into demons using that, but there's no info about it. Practically, this is the first time that it happens... :? Great Kitsune, you should do something now, and at the end, Tarot was wrong thinking to manage all this alone. :| Listen to your mate Kix and go to her, it's time that you must do your part in this mission, after all... :roll: No more time to relax. :P
Congrats for the thirteen years reached! :D
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Here's what the Guide has to say about Great Kitsune: Mostly Harmless,unless put in charge of anything.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Kix: “Do you-?”
Kitsune: “Nope. No clue where mortals got the whole ‘soul in my mouth’ thing.”
Kix: “Have you-?”
Kitsune: “Of course not, not only does blood taste terrible, we have strict rules on how we deal with mortals.”
Kix: “Did you ever-?”
Kitsune: “Not interested in having kids, at least having them myself.”
Kix: “Okay, then did you ever-?”
Kitsune: “Actually, sometimes, the best pranks are the ones we can all have a laugh over, though.”
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Tarot can be a potty mouth sometimes when she is really stressed. Not so above it all are we? :lol:
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Argent wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 am
Kitsune needs a bit more self-awareness.

He convinced Bahamut he had it in the bag, too, and here he is letting things go downhill for the lulz again.

Serve him right if Bahamut has to step in and pull his fuzzy bubblegum out of the fire and he gets banned from meddling for a human lifetime or so.
The more fitting punishment would probably being forced to actually do the job he agreed to when tried use this dimension as his game board, possibly entirely as ploy to depower his friends for vaguely defined reasons.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he was just de-powered like Pete and Dragon he could simply spend time with either Joey and his group or Kix so it wouldn't be a punishment. I'm thinking that being forced to only look out for the Earth and not interact in any way would be a lot worse.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

To be fair, Kitsune has always been in control of the situation, which is why he's so chill. Here, he's just underestimating the threat. He got so worked up about it earlier but now that he's in the danger zone and not much has actually happened before him, he isn't really understanding the gravity of the situation.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really isn't an excuse though so he can't use that. His job was to protect the Earth and it looks like this is the second time that he is letting it fall by the wayside. He could easily be punished for this especially if Bahamut has to step in.

Of course though, not everything could be as it seems... ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:03 am That really isn't an excuse though so he can't use that. His job was to protect the Earth and it looks like this is the second time that he is letting it fall by the wayside. He could easily be punished for this especially if Bahamut has to step in.

You mean the Bahamut who mooted going down and doing something about it himself and is currently judging a baking contest?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:03 am That really isn't an excuse though so he can't use that. His job was to protect the Earth and it looks like this is the second time that he is letting it fall by the wayside. He could easily be punished for this especially if Bahamut has to step in.

I think this situation is a little different than Temple Crashers 2. Kitsune there, I think, knew what was happening and was willing and able to step in if he had to. He just wanted to allow the mortals a chance to save the day.

I think here he's unaware of how dire things are getting. I don't think he knows that there is a monster downtown at that moment. He's expecting a call if something gets worse.

Which makes me realize that Tarot and the others are likely safe from fatal physical harm. If one of them suddenly showed up in Heaven the normal way, it would likely alert Kitsune (Or others who would tell Kitsune)
tych

Post by tych »

was "-udgicle" suppose to go with what Tarot was about to say?, because I have never heard of a "da-udgicle" before.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, that is the joke ;)
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

D-Rock wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 pm
Kix: “Do you-?”
Kitsune: “Nope. No clue where mortals got the whole ‘soul in my mouth’ thing.”
Kix: “Have you-?”
Kitsune: “Of course not, not only does blood taste terrible, we have strict rules on how we deal with mortals.”
Kix: “Did you ever-?”
Kitsune: “Not interested in having kids, at least having them myself.”
Kix: “Okay, then did you ever-?”
Kitsune: “Actually, sometimes, the best pranks are the ones we can all have a laugh over, though.”

Kix: "So it was you who put the ink on my reading glasses? I blamed the kids!"
Kitsune: "The raccoon look suits you my dear."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I were Kix I would be giving him another heavy beating just for that joke. Then again I really do not take any sort of joke on me well.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:39 am If I were Kix I would be giving him another heavy beating just for that joke. Then again I really do not take any sort of joke on me well.
If you knowingly stay with a kitsune, you kind of get what you deserve.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wonder what would happen if you would retaliate back against him. Would he brush it off or would he become FURIOUS and destroy you?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:44 pm I wonder what would happen if you would retaliate back against him. Would he brush it off or would he become FURIOUS and destroy you?
I suspect, with our Kitsune, it depend on who we are talking about. Kix? Brush it off no matter how vicious the attack. Someone with perhaps some reason to be annoyed at him, like Marion or Tarot? Brush it off but with a (mostly) friendly warning.

Someone who is generally at least boarering on cruel, like say a Bino or Duchess? A lesson would likely ensue.

Someone past redemption like Steward? I'd want to be in the next county at least.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not even the next county would be able to protect that badger.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder if the latest print edition will be out early or delayed?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't see why it wouldn't be out as Rick is taking a hiatus from making new comics and the print edition is actually the collection of old comics. However I'm not gonna to claim to know what Rick is planning on doing.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

As much as you may hate this,
There's a first time for everything,
But there's no time for reading,
Kix, do you know what's he's gonna bring?

Nicodemus of Hallicarnassus,
Who the heck is that?
Insanity's being served at the plate,
And Tarot, dear pom, it's your turn at bat.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!