2021/05/26 - Car Talk

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2021/05/26 - Car Talk

Post by Obbl »

[ Car Talk ]

Title Text: the aardvark has gotten used to this p quickly because it's less fun when characters just curl into a little ball and hyperventilate for the next twenty years

This is your brain. This is your brain on revenge. Get the picture? :P
ProtoDot

Re: 2021/05/26 - Car Talk

Post by ProtoDot »

If that isn't petty, I have no clue what is. Besides, shouldn't your beef be with Thomas who spat that coin in your hand?

I can't imagine that the aardvark (who I totally knew was there the entire time) is very satisfied with that answer, either. Honestly, Steward is just doing everything in his power to suck as much as possible here.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
RandomPerson6

Post by RandomPerson6 »

He must suffer like I have suffered
Steward might want to be careful that he doesn't cut himself on all that edge
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, he’s being petty either way.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Steward's off his rocker. I think the trauma of being transformed, losing his job, being exposed to demon magic and living in isolation (except for Trinket, but let's be honest, she probably went off on her own alot) really damaged his mind.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

But what is Steward's task?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
sssugark

Post by sssugark »

Is Marion able to get out of the car through the left front window?
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I'm just waiting to see how Tarot's gonna counter...

That aside, I'm optimistic that something could work out between Steward and the Ferret.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And Steward confirms it could be reversible.

Even Mr Aardvark has seen the truth,
that Todd’s quite an annoying little youth
but, if he ever wanted to see proof,
He can just watch him try to be all good.
So Steward’s plan is now fully exposed
as a folly to which his mind is closed;
his hatred for Keene runs discomposed
in this, his new part of the Babylon ‘hood.
But this plan won’t work out quite how he thinks.
With more transformed, Keene’s trouble shrinks
as funding is found to help provide drinks.
Maybe Steward’s ‘helping’ as worst he could?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Steward has suffered like a guy who insists on beating his head against a wall has suffered. It's not Keene's fault that all of Steward's selfish schemes have blown up in his face.

Of course, if Steward was capable of that kind of self-reflection, he wouldn't be a (counts floors of the building) 4 story tall demon villain with butt-wings.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Steward knows about heaven now?

I mean, not of it's existence, but of how it would handle this?

A lot has happened with him since we last saw him!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

Right, so. His ultimate goal is to make Keene suffer. To affect this, he's going to turn everyone every human in the city into an animal.

This will cause Keene to suffer... How, exactly?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think we are going to find out painfully soon that the butt wings are all that remains of Trinket. Also, did he forget about Tarot (and her cell phone) or did he step on her?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 am Right, so. His ultimate goal is to make Keene suffer. To affect this, he's going to turn everyone every human in the city into an animal.

..... and will butt wings be involved in his torments?
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:25 am I think we are going to find out painfully soon that the butt wings are all that remains of Trinket. Also, did he forget about Tarot (and her cell phone) or did he step on her?
Maybe Trinket protested turning everyone into animals so Steward did that as a final joke at her expense. :shock:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 am
dr_eirik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:25 am I think we are going to find out painfully soon that the butt wings are all that remains of Trinket. Also, did he forget about Tarot (and her cell phone) or did he step on her?
Maybe Trinket protested turning everyone into animals so Steward did that as a final joke at her expense. :shock:
If that's the case, then I really don't get badger humor.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

The butt is aerodynamically the best place to attach wings on a humanoid.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

So, Steward's whole reason for this is because he's still angry at Keene and wants to make him suffer like he is? How exactly? It wasn't Keene's fault he turned into a badger and so, in any case, shouldn't he be angry at Thomas/Camel and not Keene? Methinks this will all be solved via Keene doing something to stop Steward.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Gael

Post by Gael »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:46 am So, Steward's whole reason for this is because he's still angry at Keene and wants to make him suffer like he is? How exactly? It wasn't Keene's fault he turned into a badger and so, in any case, shouldn't he be angry at Thomas/Camel and not Keene? Methinks this will all be solved via Keene doing something to stop Steward.
He probably thinks it’s Keene’s fault that the coin even existed and it would never have happened if the Miltons didn’t move the temple to Babylon Gardens......still doesn’t make much sense but that’s the best reason I can come up with
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Gael wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:10 am
SeanWolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:46 am So, Steward's whole reason for this is because he's still angry at Keene and wants to make him suffer like he is? How exactly? It wasn't Keene's fault he turned into a badger and so, in any case, shouldn't he be angry at Thomas/Camel and not Keene? Methinks this will all be solved via Keene doing something to stop Steward.
He probably thinks it’s Keene’s fault that the coin even existed and it would never have happened if the Miltons didn’t move the temple to Babylon Gardens......still doesn’t make much sense but that’s the best reason I can come up with
In other words? Steward just needs a snickers bar to make him happy :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Gael

Post by Gael »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:17 am
Gael wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:10 am
In other words? Steward just needs a snickers bar to make him happy :)
You’re not you when you’re hungry
this comic was sponsored by Snickers

this comic is not actually sponsored
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maybe Steward blames Keene for firing him. That makes no sense either as Steward was stealing and Keene had every right to fire him, but him being fired was the beginning of Steward’s fall from grace, so the badger might blame Keene regardless of how much sense it makes.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

trekkie wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:32 am Maybe Steward blames Keene for firing him. That makes no sense either as Steward was stealing and Keene had every right to fire him, but him being fired was the beginning of Steward’s fall from grace, so the badger might blame Keene regardless of how much sense it makes.
It started with Keene (and not a kiss) Steward tried to get him to rein in the spending on the E.C.P. and Keene wouldn't listen so Steward threw in with Thomas and, as a result, got hit by a curse that Keene knew about and never warned him of. In Steward's mind, it's all Keene's fault.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
sssugark

Post by sssugark »

Do not engage! Leave the area, then call or text Karishad for help!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Engaging wasn't quite their plan...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 am Right, so. His ultimate goal is to make Keene suffer. To affect this, he's going to turn everyone every human in the city into an animal.

My best guess it's that Keene would have to process each and every animal which would be really expensive, bankrupting him. But you know how the saying goes: when everyone is super, no one is.

Also, I wonder if Steward referring to "the ferret" had given Marion and Lois any clues as to who he is.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

ProtoDot wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:47 am My best guess it's that Keene would have to process each and every animal which would be really expensive, bankrupting him. But you know how the saying goes: when everyone is super, no one is.
A few people turning into animals is practically a blip, all things considered. An entire city of, based on the size of the buildings we see, not less than 50,000 people, but probably more than 80,000? That is a national emergency that would immediately go beyond the scope of ECP, and either:

a) State or even federal government will step in and take over the situation to try and figure out a citizenship solution, ECP will be absolved of further responsibility, and Keene wins; or

b) Federal government will step in to quarantine and investigate what's going on, there will be no citizenship solution, ECP will be tied up or dissolved, and Steward wins... except that he doesn't, because he fails to achieve any of his actual goals and just draws Heaven's attention to himself

From this, I can only conclude that Steward's actual goal is to just create as much chaos as possible in an effort to sour public opinion about animals generally and Keene specifically, destroying forever the concept of keeping pets and relegating every animals to life either in the wild or in zoos. After all, what does he care? He's a demon.

Or maybe I'm just imagining all of this and I'm wrong about everything. Realistically, this is the most probable case; I don't know anything.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:24 am I'm just waiting to see how Tarot's gonna counter...

That aside, I'm optimistic that something could work out between Steward and the Ferret.
Tomorrow Demon Stewart reappears with sunglasses and a 947 gallon drum of orange soda.. "The ferret and I have decided on a merger." Todd:"In the business sense?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:11 am The butt is aerodynamically the best place to attach wings on a humanoid.
That conjures up some bazarre and mildly amusing in-flight images........
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Envy is an ugly emotion and inspires some very illogical and vindictive plotting. Steward probably blames Keene even for his disastrous alliance with Thomas, men whose hatred for Keene is stronger than their mistrust and resentment towards each other. Thank you, Dante's Purgatorio.
22fox

Post by 22fox »

Why is he talking so weird
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

As seems, they aren't be able to get out from the car maybe because it's crushed to don't make the doors openable. Then, demon Steward neither wants to free them... :? He doesn't want to kill them, though. Keene forced him to turn people into animals to make him suffer? I can't imagine how that can make him suffer, it's just his economic heritage that suffers, at least. ;) Steward wants somehow to avenge against Keene... Oh, Todd, what curious question is that? :P
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:21 am From this, I can only conclude that Steward's actual goal is to just create as much chaos as possible in an effort to sour public opinion about animals generally and Keene specifically, destroying forever the concept of keeping pets and relegating every animals to life either in the wild or in zoos. After all, what does he care? He's a demon.

Or maybe I'm just imagining all of this and I'm wrong about everything. Realistically, this is the most probable case; I don't know anything.
Stewards original plan, pre-badger, was to simply make money and flee. If Thomas had found gold that wasn't cursed, in theory, he'd be living on a tropical beach outside of US jusrisdiction.

The reality is that, even under those circumstances, he'd have been arrested. Keene knew what they were trying to do. If they hadn't gone through with the plan, both Thomas and Steward (as well as Marion and Lois) would still be human.

His plan to bankrupt Keene was possible, but seems woefully unlikely. I still think that this was a bit of an ad-hoc plan that came up after Marion was transformed. It was never likely to work as once you started to hit some kind of critical mass of transformees you'd have various government organizations step in. There might be pressure on the ferrets, especually since there would always be people that felt they were behind it all, but they'd likely survive all that just fine.

As for if Marion and Lois know about Steward and his history with Keene. They do, as they were there when Keene found out who Steward was. They might not know every detail, but they knew almost immediately that their transformations were a result of what amounted to a dispute over money.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Realistically, all you need to know about Steward is that he's an expert at blaming everyone else for problems he creates, but mostly blaming Keene specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if he's screaming about how it's all Keene's fault while he inevitably gets dragged into the underworld for getting himself involved with Eudoant and getting turned into a demon himself.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

ProtoDot wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:20 pm Realistically, all you need to know about Steward is that he's an expert at blaming everyone else for problems he creates, but mostly blaming Keene specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if he's screaming about how it's all Keene's fault while he inevitably gets dragged into the underworld for getting himself involved with Eudoant and getting turned into a demon himself.
Funny thing is, while he has only himself to blame, the one most responsible for his fate is Thomas. I cant recall if we ever knew if Thomas approached Steward or the other way around, but either way he threw his lot in with Thomas for the promise of a large payout. Thomas is the one responsible for Stewards transformation. Until the moment that he was changed, Steward likely had no idea what the specifics of the curse were, but Thomas did.

Keene said later, when confronted by Marion and Lois, that he didn't know what would happen if the cursed coins were interacted with. He knew only that something bad would happen. If he was particularly surprised that Thomas was a camel after the fact, he didn't show it. He already knew something bad was in the offing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least Todd now knows when to shut up and can get put in his place by someone. Though I honestly don't think that Steward would actually go through with killing him. Just make him make a mess of himself. :D
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:44 pm At least Todd now knows when to shut up and can get put in his place by someone. Though I honestly don't think that Steward would actually go through with killing him. Just make him make a mess of himself. :D
I think being put in your place by a 50 foot badger-bird demon has a way of shutting up even the most annoying red panda.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

After rereading this comic, i like the details of the cracked windows in the car.

EDIT: Regarding Stewart: It's still hard to figure out why he has such a bad focus on Keene, but going back on the comics - he seems to love blaming Keene for everything he's trying to do. I'm starting to wonder if he's blinded by money the same way Thomas was and just likes to blame Keene for his irresponsible use of the money getting in the way of how he views money should be spent?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:41 pm After rereading this comic, i like the details of the cracked windows in the car.

EDIT: Regarding Stewart: It's still hard to figure out why he has such a bad focus on Keene, but going back on the comics - he seems to love blaming Keene for everything he's trying to do. I'm starting to wonder if he's blinded by money the same way Thomas was and just likes to blame Keene for his irresponsible use of the money getting in the way of how he views money should be spent?
I kinda think he went into this with good intentions of saving the ferrets from themselves. As time progressed, I'm sure that got more and more frustrated and then started looking for an exit with a payout.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is how I see this all having went with him as well. I can't imagine he was greedy and just wanted out with a nice severance package. Of course, he went about doing it the wrong way but that is my view.