2021/05/17 - The Problem With Perception Filters

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Harry Johnathan

Re: 2021/05/17 - The Problem With Perception Filters

Post by Harry Johnathan »

This is the most terrifying strip of the entire comic, not because of anything actually spooky happening in the strip itself (unlike the Spookmaster strip) but rather because of the implications behind it. Good job, Rick! :shock: *claps while wetting myself like Sten.*
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I think that Cory is up in heaven, because the only treehouse denizens that were missing were Craig and Draig. We saw Jess, Zach, Kix, and (I think) Fals and Truck. We didn’t see Cory, but one could imply that he was zapped up to heaven with the others as he wasn’t a punished demigod or former heaven resident. This is all assuming that the skunk still lives in the treehouse of course.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure by now Jess has had enough of him and threw his tail out of the treehouse. But I do think that Cory is in his Heaven somewhere.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm I think that Cory is up in heaven, because the only treehouse denizens that were missing were Craig and Draig. We saw Jess, Zach, Kix, and (I think) Fals and Truck. We didn’t see Cory, but one could imply that he was zapped up to heaven with the others as he wasn’t a punished demigod or former heaven resident. This is all assuming that the skunk still lives in the treehouse of course.
Thing is, the cordon I think was smaller than we were thinking, and downtown further away. Since Cory hasn't been seen, it is a good assumption that he was zapped up with the rest of the neighborhood. I only tossed him into my miniscule scenero because, I think, he would be the most deeply effected on finding out that Trinket had gone so far down this road, and even more so if it does turn out that she was merged with the badger
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do we even know if the two of them were just that close or did they hang out with each other just because they got a mutual benefit?
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Lois's wondering, where'd the demon go?
As the PKE-Meter starts to glow
And a demon-badger spreads his wings,
Opening the gate to far stranger things.

Tarot, please don't be high and mighty,
Steward? Yeah, he was right there,
You passed him going down the street,
And he has the advantage, how'll it fare?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tarot is never going to live down the fact that she missed Steward just standing there is she? :P