2021/05/15 - Sammich Break

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Vertigo Fox

Re: 2021/05/15 - Sammich Break

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I did, sorta... he does look pretty odd.
Might just be the lighting though.

Anybody else think that these folks like the aardvark must feel like they're in one of those dreams-- you know, you go to school or work, and you get halfway through the day before you realize you haven't got pants on.
They're probably wondering if all their teeth are about to fall out next... but come to think of it, depending what they turned into, that might have already happened... :lol:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I don't think a demon is in the food truck because they have the demon radar, but I think it is 50/50 that Steward is in it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

True but if it was, imagine if that is why Rick didn't put the tags in yet because that was Eudoant in disguise. That would be a great twist.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:03 pm I did, sorta... he does look pretty odd.
Might just be the lighting though.

Anybody else think that these folks like the aardvark must feel like they're in one of those dreams-- you know, you go to school or work, and you get halfway through the day before you realize you haven't got pants on.
They're probably wondering if all their teeth are about to fall out next... but come to think of it, depending what they turned into, that might have already happened... :lol:
OOOO, two classic humiliation nightmares - no pants in public and teeth falling out!! Nice conjure, Vert!
tych

Post by tych »

so odd thing I noticed wondering if everyone is taking this into account with the "it's a red herring", "it's not a red herring" "maybe it's a demon plot"

the guy in the cheese sandwich truck appears to be human he appears to be a human that is working with currency directly that hasn't been turned into an animal . . .just going to leave that out there
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As I said I do believe that there is a reason that Rick didn't put tags in the comic yet and had them so far away when they went to get their sandwiches. I still wonder if I'm right because it would be a first and I was the FIRST one who threw that theory out there. :mrgreen:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:11 pm As I said I do believe that there is a reason that Rick didn't put tags in the comic yet and had them so far away when they went to get their sandwiches. I still wonder if I'm right because it would be a first and I was the FIRST one who threw that theory out there. :mrgreen:
Not the worst theory. Could also be an oversight on his part. The cook does have an odd-ish look about him. For that matter, Marion's reaction seems a bit over-the-top unless we learn later that this truck is locally popular.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I think this is the first time we are seeing a character greyed out. I think he goes out of his way not to draw humans, but just a few pages earlier, he just had the vendor mostly out of frame except for his hand. Now that could mean that this is just an unimportant character that he didn't want to draw but wanted to have a forward shot and wouldn't have any way to obscure him. But this chapter is about perception filters, and so him being greyed out like an unimportant background character could be a representation of how the characters are "seeing him" without really seeing him. And he might thought that someone would think about that, but that no, he is actually just a regular guy and this is just a new style he is using and the talk about the perception filter is the red herring.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm leaning toward this guy is just grayed out because he's inside a slightly darkened truck. I think the point of this strip is just to show Lois's thought process getting derailed at an important moment.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I think Aardvark might be in for the long haul at this point. Wonder if they'll get a name soon?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:08 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:11 pm As I said I do believe that there is a reason that Rick didn't put tags in the comic yet and had them so far away when they went to get their sandwiches. I still wonder if I'm right because it would be a first and I was the FIRST one who threw that theory out there. :mrgreen:
Not the worst theory. Could also be an oversight on his part. The cook does have an odd-ish look about him. For that matter, Marion's reaction seems a bit over-the-top unless we learn later that this truck is locally popular.
Could it be Rex, moved on from baking to grilled cheese sandwiches?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:04 pm
dr_eirik wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:08 pm
Could it be Rex, moved on from baking to grilled cheese sandwiches?
Presumable, the big lug is up in Heaven... wait, not dead! He's just pining for the fjords...
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You don't need to feel something to know that it is wrong because if you live there and you see it for yourself you will 100% come to that conclusion.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Time for a sammich,
How 'bout grilled cheese?
Marion's all for it,
Not even a sneeze.

The demon can make you blind to the sights,
So what's going on behind the scene?
It's sure that what's getting planned are frights,
But the pair's skills are still green.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!