2021/03/19 - Family Time

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Immortal_Requiem

Re: 2021/03/19 - Family Time

Post by Immortal_Requiem »

ProtoDot wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:21 am
Immortal_Requiem wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 am His only mistake its being greedy, really. Kind of what kitsunes are told to be actually?
And in one sentence you've summarized everything I hate about him. I guess being omnipotent and living in the very definition of perfection isn't enough, he's gotta be some kind of teacher that constantly nearly gets you killed. He isn't even half as cool as Ms. Frizzle, either.

Yeah, exactly!! Thats why I don't like him!!

But that doesn't mean we have to blame him or judge as 'bad' that easily, I wouldn't feel much safe with kitsune being 'our protector' like he is, and if I was in the position to talk thats what I would try to explain to him. But again he is doing what he believes its best and has others as priority equally or more than himself. There is more that one way to be and everybody has its personalities.

Just wish it learns from the situation and has a second chance, would be sad and unfair if he is punished or punishes himself to step out of the celestials for a fault that's not his, even though he has to work on his greedy part. Remember that nobody is perfect!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

This page is adorable and heartwarming in so many ways :D
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Immortal_Requiem wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:14 am
Immortal_Requiem wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 am His only mistake its being greedy, really. Kind of what kitsunes are told to be actually?
And in one sentence you've summarized everything I hate about him. I guess being omnipotent and living in the very definition of perfection isn't enough, he's gotta be some kind of teacher that constantly nearly gets you killed. He isn't even half as cool as Ms. Frizzle, either.

Yeah, exactly!! Thats why I don't like him!!

But that doesn't mean we have to blame him or judge as 'bad' that easily, I wouldn't feel much safe with kitsune being 'our protector' like he is, and if I was in the position to talk thats what I would try to explain to him. But again he is doing what he believes its best and has others as priority equally or more than himself. There is more that one way to be and everybody has its personalities.

Just wish it learns from the situation and has a second chance, would be sad and unfair if he is punished or punishes himself to step out of the celestials for a fault that's not his, even though he has to work on his greedy part. Remember that nobody is perfect!
As much as I get that nobody is perfect, you'd expect more from an omnipotent being assigned with the protection of a timeline, but he doesn't even care half the time, and he spends the other half flexing and justifying it with life lessons that you nearly die from.

And that's not even getting into the fact that those lessons would be wasted on the corpses he threatens to make so often.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Geez, what's with this assumption he'd actually let people die from his lessons. He's a trickster character. You gotta earn your divine help by putting your mortal all into it first. It just so happens that putting their mortal (or divinely enhanced mortal) all into it, they've always sovled their problems themselves thus far. He likes drawing out the potential in people, not letting them die for his amusement :P
This is the first situation we've seen him overwhelmed with. No one's perfect, so cut him some slack
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Not to mention he did always make sure nothing would happens to people during his lessons, he teaches lessons yeah and maybe in a harsh way, but it does make sense.
Also I doubt Demons make their activities so obvious, which is why they (heaven) noticed it so late.
Pete and Dragon did toy with mortals, Keene did try to meddle with powers he didn't understand, Taro still puts her nose too deep into super natural activities, which are all things which lead to danger.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My fear is that he is so overwhelmed with this now and not focused that he may try to teach a lesson but it could backfire with grave consequences for someone and that would make him feel even more guilty.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ion-prize/
I thought this meant that when they become mortal, they wouldn't remember how long they're supposed to live as mortals
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think they won't remember exactly HOW long they lived as mortals or their lives as mortals from reading that.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

At the risk of going down a rabbit hole (sorry, Zach) do Celestrials have families? If not why did Pete and SD already consider themselves brother and sister? Is it possible that GK and Kix are actually their Mom and Dad in whatever their true forms are. I feel this is the first time GK has used the word 'honesty' and meant it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that GK's true form is the form that Pete and Dragon have seen so they would know if he was their father plus he is kind of young to be it. Also I don't think Kix was ever a Celestial.
Argent

Post by Argent »

More like Obi-Wan then.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that if he heard that, Obi-Wan would take offense. :mrgreen: