2021/03/17 - Be Prepared

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/03/17 - Be Prepared

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/03/17 - Be Prepared]
Title Text: todd not in the azaleas

Wait, Marion, she has a point! You can save the world in anime style!

Also, Todd is going to need a senzu bean.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2021/03/17 - Be Prepared

Post by IceKitsune »

I think Tarot is going to go be very stupid. She really wants to play the hero here. This will not work out well
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Todd needs a stomach pump. If he keeps it up, he's going to enjoy Heaven on a more permanent basis.

And Marion is right. Not sharing that she might have some defense against demons and retrieving them first is poor planning.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

1. Why wouldn't you immediately look for that chapter the second you picked up that book? I know I would.
  2. Do you really want a repeat of TC2, but with potentially lethal consequences?
  3. Reap what you sow, Todd. Reap what you sow.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Interesting, so if mortals have advantages on the... well, mortal reign Steward will be a greater threat than thought
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 am Todd needs a stomach pump. If he keeps it up, he's going to enjoy Heaven on a more permanent basis.

And Marion is right. Not sharing that she might have some defense against demons and retrieving them first is poor planning.
I think that might've been intentional to ensure no one would be there to steal her thunder this time.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Tactics from Dragonball, Tarot?
How long do you want the fight to last?
Weeks of pointless pugilism
followed by one mighty big blast?
By now the flowers must be dead
and yet, if not, they will be now.
It’s better Todd visited them;
can’t risk the loo noise anyhow…
Tarot the scout is your best hope
to navigate the way from strife.
So let her search, my Squirrel friend;
she just might save your little life.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kamehameha, huh? Well, maybe it had a "tidal" effect on Todd. Looks like Tarot's going to try to grab center stage spell-casting role again..... Better bring the whole library, sweetie.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

IceKitsune wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 am I think Tarot is going to go be very stupid. She really wants to play the hero here. This will not work out well
Honestly, that was my theory from the get-go. She's still very sore over not being able to be the hero from Temple Crashers 2 so she wants to be said hero.

As for Todd? Well...maybe he should've listened and not gorged himself on the moldy potato salad.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

While I can see where Tarot is being reckless, I am not to keen on the plan, "Just find the demon and run away really fast." When your only way to call for back-up relies on you being able to escape the literal demon, I feel like there is some holes in the plan.

And as for Tarot not sharing this, her plan is to use magic. I imagine trying to teach someone battle magic in afternoon, presumably the highest tier battle magic she has access to, would be difficult at the very least.

And I am guessing the advantages she is referring to is that denizens of heaven become a lot weaker around Heck and its denizens while mortals aren't.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Before Tarot is through, Bahamut may need a hug. Why do I get the ominous sense that we may see a rematch with The Forgotten on the horizon?

Um ...... Res ..... got a minute? Daisy? (Sorry, haven't name dropped Daiz in a while ...... )
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Tarot's amazing. I love her.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Well no wonder that made Todd sick.
It was POTATO SALAD!
a dish that has no right to exist on an otherwise decent planet

:)
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:00 am
IceKitsune wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 am I think Tarot is going to go be very stupid. She really wants to play the hero here. This will not work out well
Honestly, that was my theory from the get-go. She's still very sore over not being able to be the hero from Temple Crashers 2 so she wants to be said hero.

As for Todd? Well...maybe he should've listened and not gorged himself on the moldy potato salad.
This could be a stretch, but maybe it's not about b eing sore but she's trying to be a super hero(ine) in Peanut's eyes. I doubt Tarot would want to do it for a petty reason like that, but... there is a maybe in there.

Also, i wanna see a Kamehameha :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I wonder if Tarot is trying to show up Spirit Dragon after all she put our poor Pomeranian through.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So that's why Tarot went at her home, it's just to read and learn about some counter-magic(k)s. :) It could come in handy, but only to reply in case of some attack by the demons to you all, I guess... Well, I suppose that the celestials shouldn't have such needs like you're doing as a mortal, Tarot. :roll: Oh wow, you could become like Goku, Tarot? :D And Todd is throwing up earlier than I expected, but it's better so for him and his stomach. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really hope that Tarot’s owner isn’t a fan of the azaleas out there that he just desecrated with him spoiled potato salad that he probably regrets eating now. It looks like Tarot isn’t that bothered so we know SHE doesn’t have any affinity towards gardening. Like me!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 pm Well no wonder that made Todd sick.
It was POTATO SALAD!
a dish that has no right to exist on an otherwise decent planet

:)
I will not stand for this slander.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not a big fan of potato salad myself but saying that it should cease to exist might be a little bit much. xP
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

GameCobra wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:38 pm
This could be a stretch, but maybe it's not about b eing sore but she's trying to be a super hero(ine) in Peanut's eyes. I doubt Tarot would want to do it for a petty reason like that, but... there is a maybe in there.
It could be as simple as spending all that time as Dragon's avatar had an impact on her and she's having an identity crisis. She'd gotten used to being powerful and being the sage of the group, so she feels the need to prove that she is still powerful even without Dragon; she has to show that the reason she was special wasn't all because she was the host for a heavenly being, but that it was partially her own skill or natural talent.

You might be onto something, though; she did get with Peanut while she was the avatar of a heavenly being and had loads of power. She might feel that if she's not still powerful, he'll get bored with her and go onto something else, especially since he was the one who really saved the day in Temple Crashers 2. (I'm not going to say that this fear is entirely unreasonable; this is Peanut Sandwich we're talking about, but I don't think his attention span is that short)

Really, though, I think I'm mostly mad at Kitsune, especially since he would (or should) have known this was the case and would (or should) have known that it would go on to cause a problem sooner or later (maybe not like this exactly, since this seems like foul Magic(k)s have rendered this a blindspot to Heaven generally), and did not do anything to try and help Tarot navigate this particular minefield. I suppose it could be argued that this is not his job, but for someone who at least appears to think of himself as a protector of sorts, he's either very, very bad at his job, or he's just a tool who only cares about the plight of mortals when not intervening would cause a greater inconvenience to him than taking action would.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 am
GameCobra wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:38 pm

It could be as simple as spending all that time as Dragon's avatar had an impact on her and she's having an identity crisis. She'd gotten used to being powerful and being the sage of the group, so she feels the need to prove that she is still powerful even without Dragon; she has to show that the reason she was special wasn't all because she was the host for a heavenly being, but that it was partially her own skill or natural talent.

You might be onto something, though; she did get with Peanut while she was the avatar of a heavenly being and had loads of power. She might feel that if she's not still powerful, he'll get bored with her and go onto something else, especially since he was the one who really saved the day in Temple Crashers 2. (I'm not going to say that this fear is entirely unreasonable; this is Peanut Sandwich we're talking about, but I don't think his attention span is that short)

Really, though, I think I'm mostly mad at Kitsune, especially since he would (or should) have known this was the case and would (or should) have known that it would go on to cause a problem sooner or later (maybe not like this exactly, since this seems like foul Magic(k)s have rendered this a blindspot to Heaven generally), and did not do anything to try and help Tarot navigate this particular minefield. I suppose it could be argued that this is not his job, but for someone who at least appears to think of himself as a protector of sorts, he's either very, very bad at his job, or he's just a tool who only cares about the plight of mortals when not intervening would cause a greater inconvenience to him than taking action would.
Let's not forget that Kitsune enabled this by facilitating the game. You'd think he would feel at least SOME kind of responsibility for cleaning up this mess since he banished Dragon who made it in the first place, but it looks like he's just terminally aloof and won't ever get around to it.

That is, unless she actually nearly gets herself killed this time. Maybe then he'll do something about it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sadly I can see Kitsune blaming Tarot for her own choices and not pointing out how he did start a bit of it and get everybody to shame her and then he kicks her when she's down by giving her a "The Reason You Suck" speech in a very reserved manner.
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm Sadly I can see Kitsune blaming Tarot for her own choices and not pointing out how he did start a bit of it and get everybody to shame her and then he kicks her when she's down by giving her a "The Reason You Suck" speech in a very reserved manner.
Maybe, but it's hard to say if only because everything that's happening right now is objectively his fault to begin with.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm Sadly I can see Kitsune blaming Tarot for her own choices and not pointing out how he did start a bit of it and get everybody to shame her and then he kicks her when she's down by giving her a "The Reason You Suck" speech in a very reserved manner.
Maybe, but it's hard to say if only because everything that's happening right now is objectively his fault to begin with.
I wouldn't say everything is his fault, Pete was the start of the chain with the cursed coins, so he does bear much of the responsibility. Kitsune does bear some, though. Heck, he must have spent time with Steward. He didn't know he was up to something?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:07 am [2021/03/17 - Be Prepared]
Title Text: todd not in the azaleas

Wait, Marion, she has a point! You can save the world in anime style!

Also, Todd is going to need a senzu bean.
What's a senzu bean?
--

While Todd kills off the flowers,
Tarot's researching superpowers-
How to cast a kamehameha wave
And send some demons to the grave.

Marion reminds, you said not to fight!
And you know what, Tarot? He's right-
So please find another way to take on gods,
This way I really don't like your odds.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is a type of legume from the anime Dragonball Z that when ingested by someone ends up recovering all of their injuries that they sustained no matter how severe they are.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, what Dayzee said. It’s from the same franchise the Kamehameha that Tarot mentioned is from.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Rick probably figured if someone was confused about the Kamehameha Wave that they would Google it but wasn't expecting Rocky to make another joke about the fandom. :P