2021/03/08 - Wipe Your Paws

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/03/08 - Wipe Your Paws

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/03/08 - Wipe Your Paws]
Title Text: A squirrel's not as lucky, as lucky as you

Seems a perfect opportunity to increase your Lockpicking stat.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ProtoDot

Re: 2021/03/08 - Wipe Your Paws

Post by ProtoDot »

I wouldn't call it that, there's no police to respond to alarms.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nothing like a little light B&E to set the mood. I like the detail of his coat under his arm. Gotta keep it clean...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ah yeah, nothing better than a classic B&E... I mean I wouldn’t know... and if the police asked I admitted to nothing!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The hunt is on,
through thick and thin.
The Bobcat pair
are getting in.
A brick shaped key
opens the locks
or Marion
gets sooty socks.
Locate the foe
but go quiet;
meeting this guy
you WILL regret.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

What's worse on your carpet - glass shards or little sooty squirrel tracks? A question for the ages.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:04 am Seems a perfect opportunity to increase your Lockpicking stat.
Along with the Stealth Stat, though I think Marion needs a bit of help there :P
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Frank

Post by Frank »

Remind me what they're looking for that requires them to go into each house instead of just being able to knock or look through the windows?
NHWestoN wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:59 am What's worse on your carpet - glass shards or little sooty squirrel tracks? A question for the ages.
Heaven will pick up the bill
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Frank wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm Remind me what they're looking for that requires them to go into each house instead of just being able to knock or look through the windows?
NHWestoN wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:59 am What's worse on your carpet - glass shards or little sooty squirrel tracks? A question for the ages.
I was looking back at what was said at the start of their search and Tarot doesn't know what they are looking for exactly. I assume Kitsune doesn't either. I think they are trying to find Euodants lair, and they are going into homes to see if they see something suspicious. Since the space doesn't seem to need to be large, it's currently in an abandoned train station office, it could be anywhere.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

If Marion accidentally hits Lois with the brick,would it be close enough for a"Krazy Kat" allusion? And would Marion have enough time to explain before Lois threatens to eat him?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Uhm, dunno why they're doing that and what house is it, but we'll see... Just for practicing? To search the house where Eudoant is? :roll: In this case, for Lois has been enough break part of the door glass to be able to open it. With plexiglass you can't do it, yeah Marion, and it's better don't use the chimney, because you're not Santa Claus and you have fur which cleans soot. :D :P
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I love these two together.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Frank wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:30 pm Remind me what they're looking for that requires them to go into each house instead of just being able to knock or look through the windows?
I was looking back at what was said at the start of their search and Tarot doesn't know what they are looking for exactly. I assume Kitsune doesn't either. I think they are trying to find Euodants lair, and they are going into homes to see if they see something suspicious. Since the space doesn't seem to need to be large, it's currently in an abandoned train station office, it could be anywhere.
Nah they're clearly just trying to steal jewelry and guns. Duh.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For a minute there I thought that Marion was covered in soot because he got SCORCHED from unattended fire place that was left on until I realized that going through a chimney even when the fireplace is not burning is going to cover you in soot. :D

I'm sure Ash knows this ALL too well. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 pm For a minute there I thought that Marion was covered in soot because he got SCORCHED from unattended fire place that was left on until I realized that going through a chimney even when the fireplace is not burning is going to cover you in soot. :D

I'm sure Ash knows this ALL too well. ;)
I know that Marion is not the most experienced of forest folk, based on 17 wasted years as a human, but I like to think he'd avoid going down a chimney that was hot. :geek:
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Then they notice the key under the mat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Didn't think that people did that because it would make it easier for would-be thieves to get into the house and scope it out.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 pm Didn't think that people did that because it would make it easier for would-be thieves to get into the house and scope it out.
I don't think people do it routinely anymore, but it is a thing. I've had to do it a couple of times for family or friends who I needed to let in but I didn't want to leave the door unlocked. If you're doing a run of break ins like these two, first checking the door to see if it's locked and then under the mat seem prudent.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I personally would put the key in a place that isn't so obvious and then whoever needs to get in I would tell them where the key was. I would probably put it somewhere over at the side of the house.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

The game's long afoot
And Marion's covered in soot
As they smash their way in,
Can't let the demons win.

Practice may make perfect, sure
But how's Marion going to get soot from fur?
If they don't have to climb the chimney grout,
Again, just maybe we'll find out.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!