2021/02/26 - Dreaming Of Love

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Re: 2021/02/26 - Dreaming Of Love

Post by D-Rock »

No, it’s just that y’all have been unable to convince me, and it’s not like this unease is new.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:41 pm No, it’s just that y’all have been unable to convince me, and it’s not like this unease is new.
Some are uneasy with it, some aren't. I can live with that.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:41 pm No, it’s just that y’all have been unable to convince me, and it’s not like this unease is new.
With all gentleness and civility, I must enquire: after 10 long years of King and Bailey being commited partners, with their marriage and the pups and all, are your really still uneasy about their relationship?

Not me. Nope, not in any way. But I'm honestly interested in different perspectives.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The answer from me? Yes. From the moment King developed his crush. And each step in their relationship, as great as it is to see their growth and adaptation to new experiences, has remained marred by this initial feeling, that never went away. In fact, it may have gotten a tad bit stronger.

They’re great characters and a great couple. They’re not my absolute favorite couple explicitly for the aforementioned reason I’m made uncomfortable.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I love Kingley together also and I think that they are a great couple and I love how they went the distance and can accept each other.

What makes me feel uncomfortable about it and wanting not to engage with it is seeing a HUMAN kissing a DOG or about to. I am fine with a two DOGS kissing or even two ANIMALS kissing because at least you know they might be in the same classification if you break it down. My probably is simply seeing that as an example. I'm fine with King in a dog body kissing Bailey who is another dog but I really don't want to see a dominate species trying to get with a lower species and defiling them.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 pm I love Kingley together also and I think that they are a great couple and i love how they went the distance and can accept each other.

What makes me feel uncomfortable about it and wanting not to engage with it is seeing a HUMAN kissing a DOG or about to. I am fine with a two DOGS kissing or even two ANIMALS kissing because at least you know they might be in the same classification if you break it down. My probably is simply seeing that as an example. I'm fine with King in a dog body kissing Bailey who is another dog but I really don't want to see a dominate species trying to get with a lower species and defiling them.
You are projecting you Descartes-based education on a world where animals are *real* people, with all the feelings and smarts of regular humans. The fact that in the Housepets! universe man is the dominant species makes such position, in fact, WAY more amoral. In that universe, humans have enslaved an immense number of fully rational, sentient beings. That is the basic monstrosity of it all.
Giving pets emancipation, giving them rights as citizens (as in Japan), must include the right to entertain a human/nonhuman relationship, as both parties are fully capable of discerniment and consent.
I understand yours and D-rock's and other people's uneasiness, but you guys should try and reason in the terms of that world, not ours.
And, remember, God *does* exist in that universe. and Heaven does *not* frown upon mixing
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It’s becoming more and more apparent that we’re not never going to agree on this.
Gavinfoxx

Post by Gavinfoxx »

valerio wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:26 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 pm I love Kingley together also and I think that they are a great couple and i love how they went the distance and can accept each other.

You are projecting you Descartes-based education on a world where animals are *real* people, with all the feelings and smarts of regular humans. The fact that in the Housepets! universe man is the dominant species makes such position, in fact, WAY more amoral. In that universe, humans have enslaved an immense number of fully rational, sentient beings. That is the basic monstrosity of it all.
Giving pets emancipation, giving them rights as citizens (as in Japan), must include the right to entertain a human/nonhuman relationship, as both parties are fully capable of discerniment and consent.
I understand yours and D-rock's and other people's uneasiness, but you guys should try and reason in the terms of that world, not ours.
And, remember, God *does* exist in that universe. and Heaven does *not* frown upon mixing
Hear Hear! What two adult, consenting, of sound mind, communicative, sapient individuals get up in the privacy of their own home, in ways that does not endanger anyone in body, mind, or soul, is not something we should have any worry about. What we *should* be worried about is mass slavery of thinking, feeling individuals.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:57 pm The answer from me? Yes. From the moment King developed his crush. And each step in their relationship, as great as it is to see their growth and adaptation to new experiences, has remained marred by this initial feeling, that never went away. In fact, it may have gotten a tad bit stronger.
Thank you. For me, the moment that King and Bailey became an item absolutely cemented my commitment to the HP world.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 pm I'm fine with King in a dog body kissing Bailey who is another dog but I really don't want to see a dominate species trying to get with a lower species and defiling them.
Lower species? Defilement? I'm sorry, but my whole argument - and, I would argue, the whole gist of HP - is that humans and animals in its universe should be considered equals.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:51 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:44 am Nor do I, anhedral. Meaning no disrespect to Uncle Walt, a dream is not necessarily "a wish your heart makes." Sometimes, it's just a dream.
I don't believe in following your dreams. I believe in following your purpose. Sometimes the things we want aren't the things we need.
in this case, the "dream" is not a goal, hope, or fantasy for the future conceived in a conscious mind, but involuntary imagery conjured up from the sleeping subconscious. T'was a pun and, I guess, not a very clear one.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Unfortunately, anhedral, it’s stated early that humans and animals aren’t equal. That’s what Henry and Keene spent their lives trying to change. Even Pete and Dragon have stated that they’re not, and rushing equality like Pete promised and Keene tried would be devastating to the world.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You can justify it all you want and if you are fine with it, then you are fine with it but unfortunately I am not. I am sorry if that offends anybody and I don't want to be problematic but I just don't really feel comfortable with the strip. Is it because of Descartes-based education? Maybe but I just can't get behind this at all. I don't want to be seen as being nasty and troublesome but I can't change my feelings. I don't think they ever will be changed. I respect the work of the artist and like the way it looks but I'm not a big fan of the concept. And that is my piece.
valerio

Post by valerio »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR DUE TO OFFENDING CONTENT. WITH APOLOGIES
Last edited by valerio on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a feeling that the VERY end of the comic whenever Rick does decide to call it a day and focus on something else and gives us a good send-off that it will be of Henry and Keene achieving their goal of animal equality.
valerio

Post by valerio »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR DUE TO OFFENDING CONTENT. WITH APOLOGIES
Last edited by valerio on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Val, you need to be careful here. You're beginning to use phrases that are easily taken to be problematic, argumentative, personal and insulting. Perhaps it's time to understand that the sides here aren't sides to a door that's ajar but to one that is shut. At some time it may open but not now. It needs to rest.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 am Val, you need to be careful here. You're beginning to use phrases that are easily taken to be problematic, argumentative, personal and insulting. Perhaps it's time to understand that the sides here aren't sides to a door that's ajar but to one that is shut. At some time it may open but not now. It needs to rest.
you are right. what I have written will be immediately deleted. With apologies
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

All right. As things are getting a little heated, I'm going to lock this thread for now. I think it's best we agree to disagree and move on.

As a gentle reminder, please remember to be respectful, and if you see something that violates our rules, please use the report function so we can attend to it promptly.

Thanks all.

[Thread Locked]
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!