2021/02/12 - The Process

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/02/12 - The Process

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/02/12 - The Process]
Title Text: oops spilled some black paint on the wall there

Congrats, Steward, you are now an RPG villain's lackey. If you're lucky, you could get the role of True Final Boss!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2021/02/12 - The Process

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm thinking that the badger did not think through the possibilities much. Wonder if Trinket is part of this bargain.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I mean he is working with a daemon what exactly did he expect it to involve?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

The possitive is that you will get the powers, the negative is absolutely everything else. Everything. Else.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Yeah, Steward didn't think this through at all. He may try to run away and be the one to warm the others, but then again... I can't think of ANY redeeming qualities this Badger would have other than being the new foil that everyone would love to kick around in Babylon Gardens after this is over.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

There was really only one way working with the underworld itself could go, and this is it. Better hope you REALLY wanna be able to blow stuff up with your fingers, Steward.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Gbr23 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:09 am The possitive is that you will get the powers, the negative is absolutely everything else. Everything. Else.
What kind of power is he gunning for here anyway? Just something for revenge against the Miltons?

Whatever it was it appears the badger has thankfully already realized it isn't worth it. Is he too far gone to try and redeem himself at this point?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 am
Gbr23 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:09 am The possitive is that you will get the powers, the negative is absolutely everything else. Everything. Else.
What kind of power is he gunning for here anyway? Just something for revenge against the Miltons?

Whatever it was it appears the badger has thankfully already realized it isn't worth it. Is he too far gone to try and redeem himself at this point?
I still think he's still redeemable. I have my doubts that whatever feelings he has against Keene can't be that deep.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He’s in over his head,
that much he knows for sure.
He doesn’t want to be dead;
hammered into the floor.
What did he think occurred
upon a dark altar?
The truth? A bit blurred.
His brain, it needs water.
Steward wanted power
but not to pay the cost.
But now it comes the hour,
He sees what will be lost...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Is it fair to say that this is farewell to Steward like we used to know? like, after this strip no more regular badger... maybe cool demon badger. But no more character as we know and (kinda) like. (Come on, he’s a good antagonist)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

A lot of people seem to not realize that Demons and Daemons aren't the same thing. Demons are infernal creatures of evil who try to enslave mortals and cause them pain and suffering, while Daemons are beings that are neither inherently good nor evil who simply work to make events happen or simply proceed unseen. Hence why background programs on a computer are called daemons
Frank

Post by Frank »

Eudoant knows they're coming
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Euodant going Chara on him.

Unfortunately, regarding this...

YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE LONG AGO.
97232EA5-0E5C-42BA-BAA7-03F107FAD867.jpeg
97232EA5-0E5C-42BA-BAA7-03F107FAD867.jpeg (10.56 KiB) Viewed 6927 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The infernal equivalent of brain surgery....? Well, it can't be too much worse than three years of accountant school.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 am I'm thinking that the badger did not think through the possibilities much. Wonder if Trinket is part of this bargain.
I think the bigger question is: Where is Trinket? We haven't seen her since Eudoant was summoned...I wonder if she's gonna fly in at the last second, sacrifice herself to stop Eudoant, leading to Steward (seeing the error of his ways) to calling off the deal and sending Eudoant back to Heck.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:08 am
dr_eirik wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 am I'm thinking that the badger did not think through the possibilities much. Wonder if Trinket is part of this bargain.
I think the bigger question is: Where is Trinket? We haven't seen her since Eudoant was summoned...I wonder if she's gonna fly in at the last second, sacrifice herself to stop Eudoant, leading to Steward (seeing the error of his ways) to calling off the deal and sending Eudoant back to Heck.
We haven't seen Trinket at all since the end of the Teenage Squirrel story, have we?

Oh, sorry, there was that one just as Dino turned up.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Eodent does say there are three ways. I'd assumed the hammer meant that Steward was going to be sacrificed, but what if he is supposed to kill someone? Someone like Trinket.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:37 am
Eodent does say there are three ways. I'd assumed the hammer meant that Steward was going to be sacrificed, but what if he is supposed to kill someone? Someone like Trinket.
Or perhaps Marion since, for all everyone knows, he was the first one hit with the coin.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

".....three-- we tie you down and force you to binge watch "The Star Wars Holiday Special" in High Def and stereo sound 47 times, until your dreams are nothing but images of a multi b00bed and multi armed Harvey Korman." "What was the second choice, again?"
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Or perhaps Marion since, for all everyone knows, he was the first one hit with the coin.

Technically Stewart was the first hit with the coin when Thomas spit it into his hands.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Eudoant wrote:But we do not have that sort of time
Are you sure about that? What virtues does Steward have?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bet Steward is now going to be regretting all of the choices that he made up until he got to this point. Unfortunately there is no turning back for him now. That’s it for him. Nice knowing you!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm Bet Steward is now going to be regretting all of the choices that he made up until he got to this point. Unfortunately there is no turning back for him now. That’s it for him. Nice knowing you!
I do wonder if this is the start of him trying to head back to the light. For example, if his is called on to do harm to another, be it Trinket, Marion or, say, Kix, could he do it? Steward has been shown to be a schemer and disloyal, he has destroyed an unknown number of lives, but he hasn't killed anyone.
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:09 am Yeah, Steward didn't think this through at all. He may try to run away and be the one to warm the others, but then again... I can't think of ANY redeeming qualities this Badger would have other than being the new foil that everyone would love to kick around in Babylon Gardens after this is over.
I think if he tries to run, space between him and the door will start stretching while the space between him and Eudoant will start shrinking. :o :twisted:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ah, good to know these ways... But, where's the third one? :P Don't tell me that's to kill Steward with that big hammer and make a dark ritual... :? The first one is drastic, while the second one sounds like a preparing to get d(a)emonic powers. Change mind, you say? Maybe now you're finally realizing to doing something really bad, Steward... :roll:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Mr. Whisper wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:30 am A lot of people seem to not realize that Demons and Daemons aren't the same thing. Demons are infernal creatures of evil who try to enslave mortals and cause them pain and suffering, while Daemons are beings that are neither inherently good nor evil who simply work to make events happen or simply proceed unseen. Hence why background programs on a computer are called daemons
I think Rick is using the term "daemon" for deniability.

Disney did an episode of Darkwing Duck with demons and stuff in it, and tried to use word changes to lessen the impact (gates of fire, instead of "gates of hell" in the original script) but it didn't work. After one playing on Disney Afternoon, they banned the episode.
Darkwing Duck: Season 3, Episode 8
Gosalyn is tricked into opening the Gates of Fire and releasing the demons kept there.
Apparently still available in Germany.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
House42

Post by House42 »

I SUMMON PROHIBITION HAMMER
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least I know what to get Diss for a present during the next gift-giving season. :3
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Mr. Whisper wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:30 amHence why background programs on a computer are called daemons
TIL.

Steward had his chance to be the cool, morally ambiguous team-mate and he blew it. I don't see any story value in him flipping sides now. He's made his bed and he's gonna be shoved straight under the covers.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

One other thing I want to say is that Steward's face in the second panel is definitely the epitome of "Oh Crap" at that moment and I can't help but smirk at that. I might be a horrible human being.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Accountants, it seems, have a lot of moments like that.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just realized something.

If Euodant murders Steward here, wouldn't any remaining virtue within him go to the Heaven side?

Also, they mentioned everyone that has ever lived already exists in Heaven. Wouldn't that apply to The Bad Place as well? If that's so, isn't murdering Steward completely unnecessary? Wouldn't it be better for Euodant to torture Steward to strip his virtue, thus making his demon side more powerful?
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Macsen wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:07 pm I just realized something.

If Euodant murders Steward here, wouldn't any remaining virtue within him go to the Heaven side?

Also, they mentioned everyone that has ever lived already exists in Heaven. Wouldn't that apply to The Bad Place as well? If that's so, isn't murdering Steward completely unnecessary? Wouldn't it be better for Euodant to torture Steward to strip his virtue, thus making his demon side more powerful?
Virtue? Steward? Making a lot of assumptions here. Also, my personal assumption is that Eudoant is allowed to intercept the portion of his soul that normally goes to Heck. He did say that a mortal's vices are released when they die which implies that the splitting of the soul isn't handled by heaven at all, which means that if someone knew how to manipulate a soul (like say, a powerful demon), then they could reasonably grab the half they want.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that is indeed what is going to happen, then I could easily see Eudoant who is a powerful demon taking the bad half and obliterating the good half.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

ProtoDot wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:18 pm Virtue? Steward? Making a lot of assumptions here. Also, my personal assumption is that Eudoant is allowed to intercept the portion of his soul that normally goes to Heck. He did say that a mortal's vices are released when they die which implies that the splitting of the soul isn't handled by heaven at all, which means that if someone knew how to manipulate a soul (like say, a powerful demon), then they could reasonably grab the half they want.
I know it's presumptuous, but why would Euodant even explain it in that way if he knew Steward was completely corrupted?
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Ooh. I wonder if Euodant is Breel's un-virtuous half.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Scruff wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:35 am Ooh. I wonder if Euodant is Breel's un-virtuous half.
Hmm....that would be an interesting twist if it was true (would explain why Eudoant cuddled up with Keene in once strip).
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:14 pm If that is indeed what is going to happen, then I could easily see Eudoant who is a powerful demon taking the bad half and obliterating the good half.
With the whole "nothing that is can truly die" line, I can't imagine there will be much obliterating.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then I guess he would imprison it somewhere where it is impossible to get to or try to save it so it is permanently out of the way and he doesn't have to deal with it.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Hammertime!
--

Steward, accept it, you're hecked,
And your life? It's gonna get wrecked,
Stripped down to soul and vice,
Split in bits, won't that be nice?

Either do it quick or do it slow
So that horns from your skull grow,
And now, badger, you find
That it's way too late to change your mind.

You could've just gotten hecked,
At least you wouldn't have your (after)life wrecked,
So now when this ends, you'll prob'ly burn.
Class, what did we learn?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!