For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/25 - Empty Den Syndrome

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/25 - Empty Den Syndrome]
Title Text: "Did you want me to pack you fruit snacks?"
"MOM! ....... of course!"

She means well.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2021/01/25 - Empty Den Syndrome

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm pretty sure Todd's mom is played by my mom.

I can see why Marion might be more motivated than Lois. He's in a much worse position than her. He really needs to be human again for his plans to work out.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Todd only has 3 pages so far, and he's made all of them better by immediately getting embarrassed by his mom. Part of me wants to see this keep going, but another part wants to see him grow up. I guess that all depends on how much Kitsune cares about Todd in particular.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:05 am I'm pretty sure Todd's mom is played by my mom.

I can see why Marion might be more motivated than Lois. He's in a much worse position than her. He really needs to be human again for his plans to work out.
I feel like, with what we know of GK, the 'your reward CAN be to be human again, I didn't say it WOULD be' card is gonna get played...
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Todd! Of course! youuu. I didn't forget about your existence... noup... not at all.

But it's nice to have you, even though I totally forgot your existence
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

LunarFox wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:29 am
dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:05 am I'm pretty sure Todd's mom is played by my mom.

I feel like, with what we know of GK, the 'your reward CAN be to be human again, I didn't say it WOULD be' card is gonna get played...
As Todd is now, he'd probably have some kind of meltdown if that happened. But I wouldn't put it past Kitsune to find a way to sneak a life lesson into the mission, and that could change things. I guess the best outcome for me would be that he grows some because of something or another Kitsune teaches him along the way, but he still has to be a red panda while he learns to be less of a smug jerk.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Some sort of proof is given here,
that Humans are in Heaven too
as mom quick packs for her boy Todd
and Lois looks to think things through.
A Squirrel needs to think real quick
but sometimes you need to ponder
is coming back to Human form
still worth facing what’s out yonder?
He can change you back now, can he?
Or is this all part of his game?
A thing to consider on Kit…
Sometimes he really has no shame.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Count on Moms to know that encounters with demons can be expected to require frequent changes of certain articles of clothing. Not socks.
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

And with Todd's mom being there with him. We also get a answer on the question if the humans of Babylon Gardens got a free vacation in Heaven. We know of at least one human now ;)

Also, anyone else wonder what Bino's heaven looks like?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dragon Furry wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:46 am And with Todd's mom being there with him. We also get a answer on the question if the humans of Babylon Gardens got a free vacation in Heaven. We know of at least one human now ;)

Also, anyone else wonder what Bino's heaven looks like?
It'd be a paradox. Fox, Joey and the rest of the club would all worship him and Duchess would want to be with him.

And that wouldn't be their example of Heaven, would it?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, Todd, look on the bright side: You can use the underwear as a weapon, if Banjo-Tooie is anything to go by!....and why am I now thinking something is gonna happen to his mother, causing Todd to either mess something up or change his ways?

Also, never thought I say this, but Marion actually looks cute in the clothing he's wearing
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Kinda hoping the Rabbit and the Possum join too. Doesn't the former still have Glowy Feet powers?
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:45 am Kinda hoping the Rabbit and the Possum join too. Doesn't the former still have Glowy Feet powers?
Yes he does!
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:11 am And that wouldn't be their example of Heaven, would it?
Obviously heaven needs to be sharded, with angel actors taking their place in Bino's shard.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Todd's gonna go with them?
This should be interesting.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

The comic has been really vague on how much of the powers they keep after it ended. He had the light power after Heaven's Not Enough, but I don't we have seen him use it seen Rabbit's Foot, and since then, the Temple that gave him that power collapsed in on itself.

In Trial in Heaven, Pete says that basic followers charge mana. It is possible that Zach was, and maybe still is, drawing power from the opener cult.

The only person who has used Temple powers outside the Temple (Not counting avatars and Sabrina) is the person who took a dip into the stuff.

Maybe this arc we can get more sprinkles about how all of this actually works.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FireworkFox wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:05 am Todd's gonna go with them?
This should be interesting.
You don't think Todd is really transformed Bronson, do you? :?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Marion looks super cute in his two-piece swimsuit. I'm pretty sure that it's a swimsuit since Lois was wearing swim trunks and they're all at a waterpark resort. And Lois is definitely going to go, regardless of her words of caution, mainly because 1) She's a bobcat and can bring some muscle in case there's a fight and 2) Marion is prolly gonna need someone to watch his back, and it definitely won't be Todd.

Todd looks like he's gonna have his own bunch of character development as the arc goes on. It feels like things are lining up with what I've said about him trying way too hard to be cool when he's what seems to be an awkward teenager.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

OK, a really odd thought for the conclustion of this arc, since whatever happens I don't see a situatution where Marion becomes human, and most likely Lois as well.

If Todds mom does go down to Earth with them, she becomes somehow vital to the resolution and it falls to her to make the request to make everyone human, but she decides to instead become a red panda like her son.

I'm not sure how that excactly would work out since it makes one person in charge for how ever many former humans are down on Earth, but it's an interesting thought.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 am OK, a really odd thought for the conclustion of this arc, since whatever happens I don't see a situatution where Marion becomes human, and most likely Lois as well.

If Todds mom does go down to Earth with them, she becomes somehow vital to the resolution and it falls to her to make the request to make everyone human, but she decides to instead become a red panda like her son.
I don't see Todd's mom going with them or this scenario happening. But I do see her playing a part, albeit indirectly. My thought is that even if Todd's mom doesn't go, the extra stuff she packed for Todd and (likely) made him take actually comes in super handy and she gets a boon as well because of it that she subsequently uses to become a red panda as well.

This would be especially neat if part of Todd's character development is that he learns that his constantly trying to be cool isn't going to win him any friends and that having a super-supportive mom is actually really cool. I could see Marion talking to him later down this arc about how Todd should consider himself lucky, as the squirrel's mom seemed wholly taken aback; I wonder if she actually ever got used to her son being a squirrel? That'd be a neat angle to explore. And at the end of it, Todd's mom (maybe his dad too if Heaven allows it and if he's there and this isn't a single mother situation) becoming a red panda through a boon and her expecting Todd to be angry but instead giving her a big hug would be super cool.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am against Todd’s mother going with them not because she will continue to embarrass him which I am really into and the jerk definitely deserves it but I don’t want her to get in the way of something and either become a casualty herself or somebody has to save her and it ends up wrecking the whole mission or someone else takes an attack for he and died. So no, she can’t come. She’ll have plenty of time to humiliate her son later.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

The idea of Todd's Mom being oblivious to the actual danger at hand, getting captured by the demons, and winding up making cookies for Steward and Dino Demon, just rolling with it until she gets "rescued" has just popped into my head. Not sure if it'll happen, but it'd be hilarious and a way to keep the arc light-hearted if things get grim at times.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:48 pm The idea of Todd's Mom being oblivious to the actual danger at hand, getting captured by the demons, and winding up making cookies for Steward and Dino Demon, just rolling with it until she gets "rescued" has just popped into my head. Not sure if it'll happen, but it'd be hilarious and a way to keep the arc light-hearted if things get grim at times.
Makes her seem like a slightly clueless version of Breel. Though I've never been sure if his offer of cookies to Lois, who was activly strangling his beloved, was clueless or charmingly calculating.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:52 pm [quote="Ash Greytree" post_id=925786 time=<a href="tel:1611596885">1611596885</a> user_id=7076]
The idea of Todd's Mom being oblivious to the actual danger at hand, getting captured by the demons, and winding up making cookies for Steward and Dino Demon, just rolling with it until she gets "rescued" has just popped into my head. Not sure if it'll happen, but it'd be hilarious and a way to keep the arc light-hearted if things get grim at times.
Makes her seem like a slightly clueless version of Breel. Though I've never been sure if his offer of cookies to Lois, who was activly strangling his beloved, was clueless or charmingly calculating.
[/quote]
Well, it definitely worked. Got the angry bobcat off his boyfriend.

...though now you got me thinking that Eudoant spares Todd’s mom whatever he has planned just because he likes her cookies. :lol:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:56 pm
dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:52 pm [quote="Ash Greytree" post_id=925786 time=<a href="tel:1611596885">1611596885</a> user_id=7076]
Well, it definitely worked. Got the angry bobcat off his boyfriend.

...though now you got me thinking that Eudoant spares Todd’s mom whatever he has planned just because he likes her cookies. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: That would be awesome and pretty funny! I mean, who can resist a plate of cookies? You have to be...*rummages through notes*...yeah I got nothing :\
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, yeah, Todd is also there with them. He didn't took the chance to stay silent, proposing himself... :roll: That's right, Marion and Lois, you won't be anymore the cute and fuzzy animals you're now. ;) Oh, Todd, what could you do? :P Eheheh, I guess your mom knows very well of your big fear... You'll need all those underpants! :lol: Yes, you can go back on earth defeating the demons right now, what did you think? ;) And your mom could be with you once again. :D
cglenn

Post by cglenn »

14 pairs of underwear, that's, confidence.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

If we're going by Temple Crashers team dynamics here...

THE TEAM SO FAR:
Todd - Supplies and Medic (turns out his mother packed a first-aid kit for him, and that demons are highly allergic to fruit-snacks and underwear makes a surprisingly great slingshot)
Marion - His little size (and resultant speed) makes sense for him to sneak behind enemy lines or spy (hiding in tight spaces).
Lois - The Brawns (punch!)
Keene - The Brains (planning, negotiating, that kind of thing)
Kitsune - The "Leader"
Tarot - The Brains Part II/Terrifying Monster (assuming she can still morph into that, most-likely with Kitsune's help)

PEOPLE (I THINK) WILL JOIN:

Angel Huskies (if they wanna help) - Eye Candy, I guess.
Zach - Cleric/Mage
Jess - The Brawns, Part II! (PUNCH!!!!)
Kix - The center of most of the arc's drama
Custom Ink - Emotional Support/Celestial Fangirl
Todd's Mom - She just calls Todd regularlly. Heaven has greatly improved it's cellular service!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:10 pm If we're going by Temple Crashers team dynamics here...

THE TEAM SO FAR:
Todd - Supplies and Medic (turns out his mother packed a first-aid kit for him, and that demons are highly allergic to fruit-snacks and underwear makes a surprisingly great slingshot)
Marion - His little size (and resultant speed) makes sense for him to sneak behind enemy lines or spy (hiding in tight spaces).
Lois - The Brawns (punch!)
Keene - The Brains (planning, negotiating, that kind of thing)
Kitsune - The "Leader"
Tarot - The Brains Part II/Terrifying Monster (assuming she can still morph into that, most-likely with Kitsune's help)

PEOPLE (I THINK) WILL JOIN:

Angel Huskies (if they wanna help) - Eye Candy, I guess.
Zach - Cleric/Mage
Jess - The Brawns, Part II! (PUNCH!!!!)
Kix - The center of most of the arc's drama
Custom Ink - Emotional Support/Celestial Fangirl
Todd's Mom - She just calls Todd regularlly. Heaven has greatly improved it's cellular service!
I don't think you can count out the angle huskies. Without Fox, I don't see them heading down. All of the forest residents could find their way down, Kix most of all since the kits are her children even if they are also demigods.

There are others that (to me) seem like possibilities but aren't likely for story reasons. Bill, as a human cop, seems like a possibility but I'm not holding my breath. Any of the other K9's, like Ralph, seem possible but not likely. I could almost see Bino volunteer to show off, then get bitten in the tail.

Whoever is going to make up the party, I think we'll know by the next comic.

EDIT:
I just realized that I don't think that it was mom that said that last line about going to watch. It was either Lois or some other displaced Babylon Gardens resident. Though I rather hope that it's mom..
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:09 pm I just realized that I don't think that it was mom that said that last line about going to watch. It was either Lois or some other displaced Babylon Gardens resident. Though I rather hope that it's mom..
Pretty sure it's Lois talking. She wasn't sure about going, but now she wants to just to see Todd humiliate himself.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

CunningFox wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:45 pm
dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:09 pm I just realized that I don't think that it was mom that said that last line about going to watch. It was either Lois or some other displaced Babylon Gardens resident. Though I rather hope that it's mom..
Pretty sure it's Lois talking. She wasn't sure about going, but now she wants to just to see Todd humiliate himself.
Maybe it was Grape? "Put your hand back up, Peanut."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Grape probably wants Peanut to put his hand back up because somebody said "cookies".

On the other hand, are there cookies in Pandemonium? Cookies could transform the whole of demonic culture and society in dramatic and positive fashion.

Yeah, right ... I can't really see Eudoant and her colleagues as the "Keebler Elves". Still, chocolate chips can work well as a component of divine inspiration (ask Cerberus).
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:35 pm On the other hand, are there cookies in Pandemonium? Cookies could transform the whole of demonic culture and society in dramatic and positive fashion.
I'm pretty sure that the infernals would much sooner eat rocks than ever eat cookies.

Another reason to fight against them!
Celestials: 1
Infernals: Zero
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hell is (simply) described as a place where joy isn't a thing. Cookies could upset their entire economy if they existed there!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:32 pm Hell is (simply) described as a place where joy isn't a thing. Cookies could upset their entire economy if they existed there!
Depends. Imagine if the cookies were oatmeal. No raisins. Just oatmeal
Harry Johnathan

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 pm Depends. Imagine if the cookies were oatmeal. No raisins. Just oatmeal
Hey, I hate raisins, but I love oatmeal cookies!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:32 pm Hell is (simply) described as a place where joy isn't a thing. Cookies could upset their entire economy if they existed there!
Precisely! The cosmological consequences of introducing chocolate chip cookies into the Infernal dimensions would be ....... Pandemonium!!
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

I doubt Todd's Mom will see much, if any, more action in this one outside of bits of humor. She's just there to sink any moment where he's trying to act tough and other characters can do that once they are on Earth. We rarely see human faces in the strip and she doesn't seem to be getting an exception to that (like say Joel or Lois did before they got animalized). While it would be cute to see her transformed into a red panda, and she is welcome bit of familial love as a nice contrast to Marion's mom flipping out, she hasn't done anything that would want or deserve that so unless all the humans get changed over I don't see it happening.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I could see all of the humans being changed over if only temporarily though before everything ends up being fixed and its back to normal.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:49 am
Precisely! The cosmological consequences of introducing chocolate chip cookies into the Infernal dimensions would be ....... Pandemonium!!
Red Pademonium even. (Apologies to Rick if I stepped on a pun he was working up to.)