For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/22 - Your Eternal Reward

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/22 - Your Eternal Reward]
Title Text: "sasha you never WERE human"
"oh yeah!"

Important questions only.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Re: 2021/01/22 - Your Eternal Reward

Post by GameCobra »

And then Sasha asks to be turned humans for some reason. ack.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I think the party would benefit if Sasha joined it, I’m sure of it
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A Sasha transformed brings up the questions
floating like “Who, what, when and how”
but I think she’s just part of the ECP group,
After all, she does live with her friends now.
Kitsune’s making desperate bargains;
does he have the power to fulfil them?
But, he wants to deal with the Demon first
and then move on to the next big problem.
How many has the dark Steward transformed?
How many here are wishing him some harm?
When he twists against the evil he’s brought
how many will the Brock be having to charm..?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Feels like something is about to go wrong since I don't anticipate losing Marion or Lois to humanity. I guess we'll see.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

My guess is that something they do to help the cause locks them in their animal forms.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 am Feels like something is about to go wrong since I don't anticipate losing Marion or Lois to humanity. I guess we'll see.
I agree.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Hmm. I wonder if Kitsune is actually telling the truth or not if he can change them back, given the “That sounds like a deflection” comment from one of the humans-turned-animals. I mean, he gave King the option to be human again as a boon, but maybe the coin causes some interference...?

I guess what I’m getting at is that, whatever the reason, the chance that Marion, Lois & Todd, our three most recent humans-turned-animals, will transform back into humans is slim to none. It may not even be that Kitsune can’t actually do it. Certain things may come up where they either don’t want to change back and would rather use the boon for something else, or they have to sacrifice the chance to change back and use their boon for another reason.

The character dynamics that those three provide are really cool and worth exploring and I know Rick is gonna explore them. Lois & Marion are a romantic couple that got changed into animals of drastically different species, are young, and have academic aspirations in contrast to King, who’s an adult with a family. Todd seems to be an awkward teen trying to find himself/prove himself while not realizing he hit the cute animal jackpot with becoming a red panda, and on top of that he has parents that seem to love him unconditionally without any sort of tension like we saw between Marion and his mom.

I can see other transformed humans, especially the ones with hooves, wanting to help out and change back. But I’m confident that Rick’s gonna make sure the three main transformed humans are going to have good reasons to stick around as their current fuzzy selves. I’m excited to see what comes of it all.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Now will the "change back" work for everybody (Stewart, Thomas, Marion, etc.) Or just those on the expedition? Ah, GK, there's always catch with you - you know, someday you're gonna get caught in one of your own plots and being witty, androgynously handsome, and divine isn't gonna get you out of it.

Maybe this one ....

Yay, more Sasha, too.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Wondered what Sasha was doing there then read the title text, be cool if she is in the arc though.
Disproportionately Dappled
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Hey Lois is back!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I had a feeling the Human-Turned-Animals and not the main cast would want to help Kitsune and Tarot since they, again, had a larger steak.
dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 am Feels like something is about to go wrong since I don't anticipate losing Marion or Lois to humanity. I guess we'll see.
I suspect that Kitsune isn't really telling the truth and newly turned Humans-To-Animals, Lois and Marion included, can't be turned back either due to how the curse behaves OR Trinket is gonna take the coin and fly off to who knows where, making the coin truly inaccessible forever.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok so I guess Marion and Lois do have a reason to go now; however I agree with everyone else I think it would be strange to have one or both of them go back to being human, I just don't see it being likely. Either Kitsune is lying or they will decide to stay animals in the end for some reason.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

IceKitsune wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 am Ok so I guess Marion and Lois do have a reason to go now; however I agree with everyone else I think it would be strange to have one or both of them go back to being human, I just don't see it being likely. Either Kitsune is lying or they will decide to stay animals in the end for some reason.
Or 'someone' will overrule him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

How about an alternate proposal? What if instead of changing back the rest of the humans from the city change to match them? The portal magic is linked to the transformation magic, maybe they find their condition gives them an immunity or a benefit against the forces of darkness and if they can't fully stop them then they go the other, bittersweet ending way and turn everyone else into animals like them to limit the problem.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

While I wouldn't be surprised if Marion and Lois stayed as animals, I think there is a chance that might not. Doing so would be the end of their stories, but we have seen many other plot-points tied up in the past.

I don't think that Kitsune is lying. The curse was caused by Pete, and Kitsune is at least as powerful as him, and Pete is no position to meaningful complain, nor does Heaven seem to care to much about the particular shape of their subjects. If Trinket tries to fly away with the coin, Kitsune is a demi-god. We have seen Pete mind-control an unwilling King before, and the only reason he couldn't carry that forward was because of the rules of the game, which Kitsune is currently not bound too.

But if the cursed coin continues to be a plot point, then I believe the most likely reason is that it gets corrupted by the demons. And there is always a chance they choose to remain as animals, or perhaps they need to use their reward on something else.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Leotamer wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am While I wouldn't be surprised if Marion and Lois stayed as animals, I think there is a chance that might not. Doing so would be the end of their stories, but we have seen many other plot-points tied up in the past.

I don't think that Kitsune is lying. The curse was caused by Pete, and Kitsune is at least as powerful as him, and Pete is no position to meaningful complain, nor does Heaven seem to care to much about the particular shape of their subjects. If Trinket tries to fly away with the coin, Kitsune is a demi-god. We have seen Pete mind-control an unwilling King before, and the only reason he couldn't carry that forward was because of the rules of the game, which Kitsune is currently not bound too.

But if the cursed coin continues to be a plot point, then I believe the most likely reason is that it gets corrupted by the demons. And there is always a chance they choose to remain as animals, or perhaps they need to use their reward on something else.
You mentioned 'corrupted by the demons'. If that ends up being the case...I wonder if there's one unfortunate soul who got cursed to not be a Earth Animal but something more...out there (like cursed to be a...*gasp*....Digimon). In all seriousness, I don't think the coin is probably going to be a main focus any more after this arc as I do see Bahumat taking the coin and locking it away in a safe place.

I am curious though: What will happen to Steward? I've been on the mindset that he's gonna end up in Heck for his crimes but a small part of me is thinking that, while he may see the error of his ways, he my decide to live out the rest of his days as a badger and give up his humanity for both Marion and Lois, since they were the first who got TF'd by Steward and Trinket.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

IceKitsune wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 am Ok so I guess Marion and Lois do have a reason to go now; however I agree with everyone else I think it would be strange to have one or both of them go back to being human, I just don't see it being likely. Either Kitsune is lying or they will decide to stay animals in the end for some reason.
Kitsune could always play the "I said you can, I never said WHEN" card which would lead into a whole other adventure for them to engage in. I don't think Kitsune would go that low though. I could definitely see Pete doing that though.

Speaking of Pete, and seeing as Sasha might tag along for this battle, I wonder if we'll find out what Pete meant when he told King she was "protected"? Does she have some connection to Kitsune or some as of yet unseen Celestial power that hasn't been mentioned?
Leotamer wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am nor does Heaven seem to care to much about the particular shape of their subjects
I remember Sabrina telling King that Human Heaven is different than Dog Heaven. Although it's the same Heaven the rules work differently for animals and humans. I'd think that Steward, Marion, Lois and the ECP group would still be considered human souls.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

When King went to Heaven physically, he was able to shapeshift back into a corgi by his own power. Keene also unconsciously became younger when visiting his mom.

Previous arcs seem to imply that the reason they are animals in Heaven is because they think they should be animals. And it is very possible that Kitsune couldn't override that.

As for why he doesn't tell them this, or turn them back immediately after returning to Earth, he did mention how their condition was connected to the demon portal, so probably half pragmatic need and half being a jerk.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Just keep in mind Lois... even though the trickster god's a good guy, doesn't mean he's not tricky.
Also Sasha I know you're trying to help but let Lois ask her own questions :)
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Oh, so Sasha in open button down shirts is, like, a thing now?

... I wholeheartedly approve.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:17 am Just keep in mind Lois... even though the trickster god's a good guy, doesn't mean he's not tricky.
Also Sasha I know you're trying to help but let Lois ask her own questions :)
Well, we know with Kitsune, there's always a bug in the oatmeal.
Now, if the power of the COIN to transfer derives from an Infernal connection, what might this tell us about Pete's allegiances? If you want Eudoant's COIN, you gonna pay Eudoant's price. Let's seeeeeeeee......... :cry:
Gregourii

Post by Gregourii »

I wonder if Marion and Lois will turn back into humans BUT will wind up being gender locked as their current gender (Lois went FtM after turning and Marion went MtF after turning) So Lois would remain male and Marion female?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I recall when this arc started, Rick mentioned something about being a real game changer. He didn't say anything remotely specific but implied that this arc would change things.

What if, in a desperate move to stop Euodant and others from invading Earth, Kitsune pulls the plug on magic somehow? In a way that is either permenant or enough that it will be long after everyone lifespans before it can correct? So he can't change anyone back no matter how hard he wants, and he's stuck as a mundane fox on Earth.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm I recall when this arc started, Rick mentioned something about being a real game changer. He didn't say anything remotely specific but implied that this arc would change things.

What if, in a desperate move to stop Euodant and others from invading Earth, Kitsune pulls the plug on magic somehow? In a way that is either permenant or enough that it will be long after everyone lifespans before it can correct? So he can't change anyone back no matter how hard he wants, and he's stuck as a mundane fox on Earth.
Kitsune becoming mortal, I seen happening, but that just seems a bit too much, in my eyes (Pull the plug on magic? Like everyone who was affected by the coin remains animals? What would that mean for King and Breel?). I see him doing something like that but, perhaps, destroying the coin itself, preventing its use by either side, which would cost have him become Mortal instead.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm I recall when this arc started, Rick mentioned something about being a real game changer. He didn't say anything remotely specific but implied that this arc would change things.
Where does he say this stuff again? I really haven't seen anything about Housepets! on his Twitter or streams.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm
Where does he say this stuff again? I really haven't seen anything about Housepets! on his Twitter or streams.
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I think it was in one of the early threads for this arc and was posted by someone who got it from elsewhere. I recall something about him having decided no more major, game changing arcs... oh look! A major, game changing arc!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good to know also that. There's some connection between the portal to Hell and the cases of humans turned into animals, that in recent times increased... :roll: So, an human turned into animal could attract the demons letting them do a move, and so you celestial could find them? It could work. ;) I'd suggest to take Lois, and it's better with the tiny Marion. :P That's an awesome reward, that the above said couple will surely take. :D In particular for Marion, they don't still accept to remain animals... :? Alright, an explaining of how do that isn't necessary. ;) Eheheh, don't have weird ideas, Sasha. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah who really cares if its a deflection just as long as he will keep his end of the bargain and turn everybody back to normal? He’s good for it and if he isn’t I’m sure you will see his superior soon enough. xD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:40 pm Yeah who really cares if its a deflection just as long as he will keep his end of the bargain and turn everybody back to normal? He’s good for it and if he isn’t I’m sure you will see his superior soon enough. xD
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the ECP members who got hit with Steward's coin want to be human again. I say 97 as I think Marion and Lois may want to stay animal while Todd...have no idea. Still, knowing Kitsune and his trickster status? How much you wanna bet that he knows the coin can only turn a select handful back to human, meaning a small amount will forever remain animal?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:40 pm Yeah who really cares if its a deflection just as long as he will keep his end of the bargain and turn everybody back to normal? He’s good for it and if he isn’t I’m sure you will see his superior soon enough. xD
.... or, as he did with Joel, Kitsune may offer each one a choice. Now that would make for some interesting decision-makings. :)
tiger_Fox

Post by tiger_Fox »

idk about all this stuff about turning back into human or not, but one thing i know for sure
every time i see kistune i am filled with Unadulterated Rage :evil:
i dont like all the existential stuff in this comic because im kinda vulnerable to existential crises :/
as such, went it comes to kitsune and his ilk i have two emotions: existential despair and Angery
that being said i would be very happy if there was a game changer with magic (:
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

This isn't even a theory yet, but something that might happen is that the demon problem is not entirely solved by the end of the arc. Presumably Babylon Gardens becomes safe enough to return to, else we are going to have a really big shift in the stasis quo, but is possibly they win the battle and repeal the initial incursion, but some demonic taint remains, festering for another arc. We already seen how if one lesser demon sneaks away, they stay hidden from the celestials and lead to bigger problems down the road when they decide to call home. That seems like a natural progression of things that doesn't completely change the structure of the story but does open the doors to a lot of potential arcs. But something wild and unpredictable could also happen, but we could predict it, then it wouldn't be unpredictable.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We know that Rick doesn't try to do predictable if he can help it so I can see your point.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

My wild guess is that something will indeed go wrong, the demons will be defeated but everyone will be transformed to an animal. All humans. Animals.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that does happen then that DEFINITELY will be temporary because then Rick will have fans rioting because I can see them accusing him of wanting to get rid of all humans in the comic and that somehow makes it worse. I just realized that you can't really please everybody all of the time even though when I was younger I stupidly thought it was indeed possible.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Wild Mass Guessing: Pap will be the key, but Tiger sent him off to Abu Dabi way back when, Meanwhile Queen Elizabeth's corgis hear about an American corgi who insisted on getting married and convince her that such a rare corgi should be one of hers, something that Keene is more than happy to arrange. Then stuff happens.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That could really be a real cool arc seeing King trying to fight against being split up from his family because the Queen wants him and being forced to go to England against his will until Bailey threatens Keene into undoing the legal stuff he did to give the Queen legal custody of him. But of course, that would be an arc that would never happen. ;)
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

GameCobra wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:05 am And then Sasha asks to be turned humans for some reason. ack.
So she can start driving human shaped cars no doubt.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Did Zach make it to Heaven? Or does his (still?) glowing feet count towards being touched/cursed by celestial magi(k)? And how will Jessica and Ink's relationship change when they both realize there IS a Heaven and they've both been there?