2021/01/20 - Of The Essence

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/20 - Of The Essence

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/20 - Of The Essence]
Title Text:

Careful, Keene, Kitsune isn't the top of the totem pole.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2021/01/20 - Of The Essence

Post by dr_eirik »

Huh, I never considered that Breel was stuck on Earth.so, thats three we know of. I suspect that Steward and Trinket are down there as well.

Wonder if, in a very odd twist, former humans are stuck on Earth, too. That could have some interesting ideas.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ok... sure Keene can join the party... I mean, anybody else? Nobody? ... Keene will do then
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally proof they’ll let anyone in,
especially without the time to check;
giving the Keenest one a way to go
and save his love whilst risking his own neck.
Tarot, it’s not fair to smirk at Kit now;
you know that, here, he’s feeling less Godly.
You’re going to need more than this odd pair, though
or, this mission? It might just go… oddly.
I hope handsome Breel found two certain Cubs
left like Hansel and Gretel in the woods
because, for all the displays of power,
when it comes to compassion, HE’S the goods.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah I had not even thought of Breel at all honestly. Keene being in is going to be nice, I say that Fox and Mungo make the most sense for the rest of the team to tie the Fox stuff into this arc.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

So now Heaven is locked to real-time, and Kitsune is off procrastinating. The only reason I'd be surprised if there wasn't an Earth to go back to by the end of all this is that I know Rick can't just destroy the world his characters live in like that.

As a side note, if this was put up before the mess that is 2020, people would've called everyone being so nonchalant about the end of their world unrealistic.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

IceKitsune wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:20 am Yeah I had not even thought of Breel at all honestly. Keene being in is going to be nice, I say that Fox and Mungo make the most sense for the rest of the team to tie the Fox stuff into this arc.
While I agree that Fox and Mungo, really any of the K9s, would be valuable, i think Fox an Mungobare done for this arc. The arc started with Marion and Lois. I think at the least those two are coming into this.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

It just hit me, this is setting up a Keene vs Steward showdown! Oh yes yes yes
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 am Huh, I never considered that Breel was stuck on Earth.so, thats three we know of. I suspect that Steward and Trinket are down there as well.

Wonder if, in a very odd twist, former humans are stuck on Earth, too. That could have some interesting ideas.
I'm wondering that too as we haven't seen either Marion or Lois in Heaven, yet. Though I am surprised Breel isn't there...come to think of it, when was the last time we seen Breel?
Gbr23 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am It just hit me, this is setting up a Keene vs Steward showdown! Oh yes yes yes
Man, I hope so! I feel there's more anticipation for this match than a match at WWE Summerslam xD
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Tarot sure is a fluffy dog I must say
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Marion was the first person we saw get displaced into Heaven in the first Heckraiser, Brainshift.

Though, if this going to continue the Marion/Keene dynamic, than I could see the ECP group joining.

I still think Fox is 50/50. His quirk is that he wants to be an action hero, and that was not addressed by Heavendropper, and this is a chance to be a literal action hero.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Leotamer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:26 am Marion was the first person we saw get displaced into Heaven in the first Heckraiser, Brainshift.

Though, if this going to continue the Marion/Keene dynamic, than I could see the ECP group joining.

I still think Fox is 50/50. His quirk is that he wants to be an action hero, and that was not addressed by Heavendropper, and this is a chance to be a literal action hero.
I doubt Fox will get in on the action as his chat with Winter may have changed his mind a bit about being the next action hero. I do see one small issue with the Marion/Keene dynamic: Steward. Steward worked with Keene in the past and if he revealed that, then Marion and the rest of the ECP will probably revolt and go after Keene, something that Steward may also want.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Marion and Louis already learned that at the end of My Life as Teenaged Squirrel.

And the thing about Heavendropper did nothing to address his action hero tendencies. Winter's speech was that life was a journey and that while resting was a part of it, it was something he wouldn't want anyone to be deprived from. And his take-away from it was to go down every water slide in Heaven.

For precedence, we have the Four Animals You Meet In Heaven, where Keene gets sage advice from the denizens of Heaven and the solution he comes away with is Temple Crashers 2.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gbr23 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am It just hit me, this is setting up a Keene vs Steward showdown! Oh yes yes yes
.... and, perhaps, a Keene - Eudoant "reunion"! Um ...... Yipes.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I am a little disappointed that Grape stopped Peanut from going, but hey, at least Keene's here.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

heavenly google? what does that mean?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:32 am heavenly google? what does that mean?
He had to look up a solution on google, I think.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Two of my fav characters arguing. And three of my fav characters in the strip.
Tbh. They all share some similarity. Keene likes to be in charge. And Kitsune likes to rule over everything. And Tarot likes when everything is going according to her vision. All of them likes to have power in their ha~paws. Kitsune often do what he wants. Tarot bosses over Peanut. And Keene... uses money to do what he wants. At least he used to. It's hard to say what I'm saying but... I think Keene might be he most reliable from the tree right now. He does have great sense of responsibility. At least... I think so...
dr_eirik wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 amHuh, I never considered that Breel was stuck on Earth.so, thats three we know of. I suspect that Steward and Trinket are down there as well.
Interesting thing. I wonder why. I mean, I know Breel was dead, but he's not right now. So being resurrected counts as being "cursed" in magic(k)al way?
dr_eirik wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 amWonder if, in a very odd twist, former humans are stuck on Earth, too. That could have some interesting ideas.
I don't think so. We know that Marion is in Heaven. Also King is here too. I wonder what are the criteria of being stuck on Earth. Breel is there, but King and Marion are not. I can understand why the kits are, but... Breel?
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

If you are a being who experiences non-linear time and are talking to someone who experiences linear time, whenever they ask you a question, you can duck to before they asked the question, find the answer, and pop back in without them noticing. And so they are basically using their heaven powers to google things without anyone noticing.

I think that when they lifted everyone up, they just took everyone who wasn't a denizen of Heaven and lifted them up, and didn't think about the denizens of Heaven in the region who have been depowered and can't get to Heaven on their own power anymore.

Though, this strip also explains something else. If demons being on earth time-locks them to that perspective, it could help to explain why the demigods time-locked themselves to play it (the cosmic game*).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Were Jack wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am I don't think so. We know that Marion is in Heaven. Also King is here too. I wonder what are the criteria of being stuck on Earth. Breel is there, but King and Marion are not. I can understand why the kits are, but... Breel?
Breel's as much 'of heaven' as they were.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Keene offers himself to join you, you found the other mortal who wants to. ;) Oh no, that's not good to know... :? Actually, also Breel got some magic(k) on him, when from being an angel he returned living again on earth. So, probably he was left there, like Crag and Draig... :| And that's right, Great Kitsune, now you celestials have to deal with the time flowing of this very bad thing happening on earth. Uhm, Keene, that's interesting, though. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 pm
Were Jack wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am I don't think so. We know that Marion is in Heaven. Also King is here too. I wonder what are the criteria of being stuck on Earth. Breel is there, but King and Marion are not. I can understand why the kits are, but... Breel?
Breel's as much 'of heaven' as they were.
Hmmmm. Now Dragon and Pete were involuntarily "mortalized" as a game penalty while Breel "mortalized" voluntarily. I wonder if there's a qualitative difference that effects their status in terms of transfer to the temporarily "Higher Plane"?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey it looks like Keene has started to drop his selfish streak since he wants to face off against demons to protect his boyfriend. He would have never volunteered in the past unless there was something in it for him. Character development!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

This seems like this would fall more on Cerb than on Kitsune. She's the one who performed the actual displacement quarantine as well as the one who made Breel mortal again.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though one can argue if Kitsune had actually been paying attention to what was going on in regards to the Earth and trying to keep it safe, Kitsune wouldn't have desperately went to Cerberus to get her to perform a displacement quarantine which obviously didn't work correctly.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 pm Breel's as much 'of heaven' as they were.
But he isn't celestial being, is he? He was just dead. Does dying make You magic(k)ally cursed? Or was he someone higher than just dead mortal?
If anyone would be cursed to stay, I would say King that had his whole life changed by magic(k)al powers, yet he is not. Then we have just regular weasel that was resurrected. Why so? I am very confused for that.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I don't think he's cursed. I think Cerb probably just teleported all "living beings" in the area, and Breel is still recognized as "dead" by whatever she did somehow and it ignored him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that the spell she used also didn't recognize Craig and Draig because they are Celestials even in their mortal forms and will go back to being them after their punishment is over in 60 years.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Knowing the others won't be joining them gives me less hope that Res will jump in as a surprise weapon later on...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He may still actually show up if he is in Heaven somewhere though I'm not sure that he will. Just because Peanut, Tarot, Grape and Max aren't getting involved doesn't mean Res who always wanted to be a hero won't get involved.

That is of course if he is in Heaven.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He's not. He's in Canada.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But if they all end up going back to Earth, I could see Res maybe wanting to join in or Kitsune and Tarot hoping to recruit him.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Omniscience, a bluff?
Well jeez, that's rough,
At least word flies in the Celestial sphere,
But Breel's still someone that's not here.

Apparently when heck breaks loose,
Celestials have to chase a goose,
And because they're now Earth-time-bound,
Hope they don't run reality into the ground.

There are telltale signs of things amiss,
Like GK's 'I will remember this.'
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm also show Bahamut will remember how much GK ended up screwing up this time around by not paying attention also. :D