2021/01/15 - KitsQne

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/15 - KitsQne

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/15 - KitsQne]
Title Text: gold pedestals are just comfy okay

Trust him, Tarot, he's had a loooong time to learn this stuff.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2021/01/15 - KitsQne

Post by Gbr23 »

Wait... so all this time Kitsune wasn’t on Babylon Gardens looking for the demons?!? Come on dude!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I'm still a bit split between finding it refreshing to see Kitsune (figuratively) knocked off his pedestal a bit, and weird seeing him face a situation that he isn't confident about.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alright so who is the team they will put together? I doubt it will be everyone from Temple Crashers 2 but maybe most of them? Tarot looks like a shoe in for sure Peanut, Grape and Max are maybes but I would like to see it. Sabrina would be neat but I doubt it. The Kits are the most likely for sure likely with temporarily restored powers perhaps? And maybe Res? I can't think they would bring that many others in on this one to be honest.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Kitsunes line about working in groups is a direct quote from Star Treks Q. Feels appropriate. 8-)

Also, a bit of a slam on the nerds. He must not think of them as much of roleplayers.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

*after the last panel*
Kitsune:"Wait...why do I hear the A-Team theme?"

At least I began to hear it when I read the last panel :mrgreen:
That being said:
Poor Kitsune he had so much to do giving other people advice and such he didn't had the chance to learn some things by himself.
In the end he is also just a demigod kinda like Dragon and Pete.

That being said:
Will the group consist of the usual suspects or is this the arc where Joey and his friends are in the middle of the story?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Thing’s aren’t going well now, it seems;
our Kitsune has lost his cheer.
He’s looking down and dismayed
and he’s not seeing things that clear.
You can’t see it all, Kitsune,
- you knew I’d say that, didn’t you?
But mortals can quite surprise you;
you need a gang to see it through.
So be the leader that they need;
assemble your team to go fight
and, who knows? Heaven sent heroes
just might manage to turn the night.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Once he figures out how to use this situation to jam up a few mortals, GK should perk right up again.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

For how much I don't like him, it's a bit sad seeing Kitsune look like this.

As for actual roleplayers? I wonder if this is leading up to Kitsune recruiting Joey and Company to help him find Eudoant (but disguise it as a D&D session)...If that's the case, then color me impressed as that's one factor I never thought of.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 am For how much I don't like him, it's a bit sad seeing Kitsune look like this.

As for actual roleplayers? I wonder if this is leading up to Kitsune recruiting Joey and Company to help him find Eudoant (but disguise it as a D&D session)...If that's the case, then color me impressed as that's one factor I never thought of.
well, I don't know about the nerds, but a number of "Keene's crew" have already appeared. Given that this arc shows all the signs of becoming a Rick-tonian epic, I think we're going to see more and more of the cast unfolds as Rick weaves another great saga for us.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

If we do get an away-team, I am going to guess will see Zach and Ink on it. When facing down demons, you need your divine classes.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Sympathy for Kitsune.

I'm the current plot-runner for an online sci-fi RP. I have been for what must be two years now. Thing is, for most of that I haven't been doing anything because both the roleplayers who captured a super important plot device have both gone on indefinite hiatus.

While I have tried providing alternate routes for the plot resolution, no one else is picking up on them!

... this is why i started writing on my own
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Finally Tarot reached Great Kitsune, and he looks more bored than rested. :D He's being patient like the Heaven, waiting for the first move of the demons on earth, probably. :P As stated, demons can hide at celestials, expect when they do something big... Ah, he says to don't be so good to work in a group... Maybe that's right, he behaves more like a leader. ;) So, maybe you mean that without Pete and Spirit Dragon, you're the only roleplayer left now, Great Kitsune? :roll:
Frank

Post by Frank »

IceKitsune wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:26 am Temple Crashers 2
wait, what's this arc called?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kitsune said he is only good working with people in a group if they are roleplayers right? Then I sort of have a feeling that Joey, Dallas and Lester might end up being recruited for this to help out. It makes sense if he can build a rapport with them. Since he has been roleplaying with them the foundation is already there.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm Kitsune said he is only good working with people in a group if they are roleplayers right? Then I sort of have a feeling that Joey, Dallas and Lester might end up being recruited for this to help out. It makes sense if he can build a rapport with them. Since he has been roleplaying with them the foundation is already there.
I was honestly thinking the same thing, hence why I said he go to them and have them help him in disguise as a D&D campaign.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

So does this officially make GK one of Joey's Creepy Friends?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not sure he's sufficiently obsessive and socially malaprop to qualify as creepy. GK is a well-sculpted, handsome lad, though. Hate to see him kinda dejected.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My own feeling about the “away team “ if there is one, would be Tarot, Max, Grape and Peanut, along with the Tree House Crew(including Zach), the nerds, and Marion and Lois. Keene and Breel are also a possibility, IMO. Maybe Res, if he comes down from Canada.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:20 pm My own feeling about the “away team “ if there is one, would be Tarot, Max, Grape and Peanut, along with the Tree House Crew(including Zach), the nerds, and Marion and Lois. Keene and Breel are also a possibility, IMO. Maybe Res, if he comes down from Canada.
That seems like the entire neighborhood. I tend to think that the number of actors would be smaller.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:05 pm
trekkie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:20 pm My own feeling about the “away team “ if there is one, would be Tarot, Max, Grape and Peanut, along with the Tree House Crew(including Zach), the nerds, and Marion and Lois. Keene and Breel are also a possibility, IMO. Maybe Res, if he comes down from Canada.
That seems like the entire neighborhood. I tend to think that the number of actors would be smaller.
Well, if we're going with the RPers...I think it would mostly consist of Tarot, Peanut, Grape, Max, and Joey & Company as they were more into that then the rest of Babylon Gardens (King and Bailey especially as I'm pretty sure they weren't in the Temple Crashers 2 arc at all). Zach and the Tree House crew is debatable (unless we're going by HousepetZ logic then Zach and Cthulhu would've had this issue sorted out in no time :lol: but I digress) though I could see Kix getting involved just to save Draig and Craig (perhaps going all Ellen Ripley on Eudoant...which I want to see now!). But in all honesty? I'm still thinking that Joey & Co. will be the helpers in this case as they have more "experience" due to D&D (which Kitsune has participated in) and who knows? Maybe we'll see Kitsune grow in character and be more open to working in groups. Heck, we don't know how the D&D sessions he's in went (other then the one in the Spa arc) so who knows?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hopefully this all ends up going right for Kitsune and he can fix it and not have to be punished for now paying too much attention in the first place.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Heaven seems pretty forgiving. They let Pete off with a slap on the wrist for stealing a part of someone's soul. The turning into mortals was just a part of that very specific game. Pete was probably involved in coming up with that, and this is the person who decided to chain himself up for the aesthetic.

But that reminds me, if we do get an away team and there goal is to bring the kits back to Heaven, Pete/Craig is still banned from entering Heaven for said soul-snatching. I feel like Bahamat would probably make an exception, but I feel like this might come up. Maybe he is the next person to sit in the waiting room.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I hope this arc developes GK as a character. Also, I never really understood why Sean hates the Heaven's N.E arcs so much, perhaps he could enlighten me on the subject?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Leotamer wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 am Heaven seems pretty forgiving. They let Pete off with a slap on the wrist for stealing a part of someone's soul. The turning into mortals was just a part of that very specific game. Pete was probably involved in coming up with that, and this is the person who decided to chain himself up for the aesthetic.

But that reminds me, if we do get an away team and there goal is to bring the kits back to Heaven, Pete/Craig is still banned from entering Heaven for said soul-snatching. I feel like Bahamat would probably make an exception, but I feel like this might come up. Maybe he is the next person to sit in the waiting room.
There's that wonderful line from Fox when he and King first step into Heaven: "Wow, there's a lot more people here than I expected!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that when its my time to come I can say that also. I'm one of those people who have a hard time believing in any sort of Hell. Unless you get sent there because you make it and not a punishment from God.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:01 pm I hope that when its my time to come I can say that also. I'm one of those people who have a hard time believing in any sort of Hell. Unless you get sent there because you make it and not a punishment from God.
To be fair, would you want someone like Hitler in Heaven or for him to be punished for his crimes?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess I am saying only the truly evil will go to Hell and burn there for the rest of eternity with no way out because they only had evil in their heart. I'm saying there aren't a lot of people down there but there are some who you would think should be there but aren't truly evil. Also people just love to put that fear into others so they can claim they are all high and mighty.

But we should probably get back to the strip as I don't want to get in trouble.
Harry Johnathan

Good idea, Dayzee.

I can't imagine a golden slab being very comfy, Kit.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Is chilling on solid gold slabs just a normal demigod thing? Because Tarot doesn't look very surprised at all.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 am

I can't imagine a golden slab being very comfy, Kit.
I guess it's a Kitsume thing, after all, how long did he spend in King's closet as a gold statue? (....or.....did he?)

Don't some of the "Dads" have their own D&D game group?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, gold is supposed to be a "soft" metal..... ;)

Dunno about the "Dads" - maybe after watching the nerds play over the years, they went back to "Clue".
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

The dads at least did play sometime back, since we saw Fidos dad actually playing in a far back arc, might be one of the first ones.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

As someone whose memory works nearly at random, I remembered that the arc where we saw humans playing DnD was the same arc where Spo was introduced. In particular, because I really enjoy the punchline of that strip where we see it. And luckily, that arc has a really easy to find name if you remember that "A Mouse Named Spo", which is arc 15.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

GK says he's not good in groups,
What about theatre troupes,
'Cause he acts sad and lays on that shiny gold slab,
But Tarot says no action's real drab.

But Tarot, he says, I don't wanna RP,
It's weird!- But you've been doing it for eons, see!
And when GK gives up and says, welp,
I'm done; in she comes to offer help,
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:04 pm Well, gold is supposed to be a "soft" metal..... ;)

Dunno about the "Dads" - maybe after watching the nerds play over the years, they went back to "Clue".
That reminds me, I recall seeing a movie and seeing a bit of a book that explained that the reason that dragons hoarded gold was less due to wealth and more due to it being soft and non-combustible should they sneeze in their sleep. Mattresses don't like fire.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I learned that piece of information probably 18 years ago when some idiot club owners thought it would be a good idea to soundproof their club the same material that is used in mattresses which caused a deadly fire which took over a decade to get a memorial set up for. Especially egregious since one of them did a report on how highly FLAMMABLE the foam was USING mattresses.