2021/01/11 - A Lesson In Demons

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/11 - A Lesson In Demons

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/11 - A Lesson In Demons]
Title Text: you can have a little temptation of ultimate power, as a treat

To be fair, Dragon was still figuring things out, herself.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2021/01/11 - A Lesson In Demons

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Talking tales of the demonic
and how Heaven lets them go on.
No-one is that all powerful
if they act like their power’s gone.
Turning it on shines a new light,
warning of their malign presence
to anyone in the zone
who happens to have cosmic sense.
Number three is on Tarot’s side
enough to point out the mistake.
But will the Pom remember that
when it becomes her time to wake?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

No no, I can perfefctly understand why they would... keep some things from us mortals
Last edited by Gbr23 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

It might be difficult for Tarot to imagine this having probably spent a decent chunk of her life under heavenly influence, but if there was even a hint about how to summon demons floating around on Earth, there'd probably be nothing Heaven could do about the rampant demon summoning that would happen because of it.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, we know how well befriending a demon worked for Keene.....
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 am Well, we know how well befriending a demon worked for Keene.....
I wouldn't call Breel a demon. (Except with the housework...) :twisted:
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Looks like Kitsune has to perform a Deliverance (which is just a simpler term for exorcism) ON THE ENTIRETY OF BABYLON GARDENS. Oh boy...
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, if Kitsune can't find any, you can always call DoomSlayer to get the job done.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok, so Kitsune is likely having quite the hard time down on Earth, interesting. Also, ultimate power is the best treat ever. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 am
NHWestoN wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 am Well, we know how well befriending a demon worked for Keene.....
Me neither - I was referring to the still nameless little dino-demon who is now doing the impatiently Eudoant.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I am wondering if Tarot is only one that the denizens of Heaven trust with knowledge of the demon invasion or if she is just the only one who asked.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:10 am

And cooking. Or is that part of housework?

Tarot is pretty cute in panels 2 & 3.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then while both a Celestial and a Demon is on Earth then a Celestial can’t see the Demon? Is that just for Earth or is it for anywhere? Though to be honest I’m not sure why a Celestial would be in hell. I could see a Demon defecting to Heaven if he hated his job.

Especially if its a music-loving demon who plays beautiful music. ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:35 am So then while both a Celestial and a Demon is on Earth then a Celestial can’t see the Demon? Is that just for Earth or is it for anywhere? Though to be honest I’m not sure why a Celestial would be in hell. I could see a Demon defecting to Heaven if he hated his job.

Especially if its a music-loving demon who plays beautiful music. ;)
When a Demon uses its power, a Celestial can sense it's in the area, like Kitsune did. I imagine they'd know one if they saw it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Leotamer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 am I am wondering if Tarot is only one that the denizens of Heaven trust with knowledge of the demon invasion or if she is just the only one who asked.
Tarot is a bit unusual in that she knows what's going on at all levels. I think other than Sabrina, King and Bailey, there isn't anyone else who can put that kind of thing together. Also, no one else that isn't distracted by the pleasures of Heaven to ask.

It feels like Tarot is about to head back down to Earth along with a few others. Kitsune apparently needs a mortal around to spot what he can't see.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:09 pm
Leotamer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:21 am I am wondering if Tarot is only one that the denizens of Heaven trust with knowledge of the demon invasion or if she is just the only one who asked.
Tarot is a bit unusual in that she knows what's going on at all levels. I think other than Sabrina, King and Bailey, there isn't anyone else who can put that kind of thing together. Also, no one else that isn't distracted by the pleasures of Heaven to ask.

It feels like Tarot is about to head back down to Earth along with a few others. Kitsune apparently needs a mortal around to spot what he can't see.

I wonder who Tarot is going to be able to recruit for an "Away team"?

I'm thinking it will be; Sabrina, Fox, Mungo, Jessica, Zach, Keene, & Breel.

I could also see Nix, Marion, or Lois hopping on board, but less likely.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I don't see that happening, personally. Wasn't the point of them being in Heaven to keep the mortals away from what was going to occur? In all honesty, I feel Steward is gonna end up saving the day and using his smarts to prevent anything from occurring.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sir Chestnut wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:37 pm

I wonder who Tarot is going to be able to recruit for an "Away team"?

I'm thinking it will be; Sabrina, Fox, Mungo, Jessica, Zach, Keene, & Breel.

I could also see Nix, Marion, or Lois hopping on board, but less likely.
i'm getting the vibrations that Cerberus is trying to road-block any "mortal interference" but we've seen how effective that is - and could Kitsune resist the opportunity to emmesh his Babylon Garden buddies in another one of his "learning experiences (especially if he can embarrass poor Tarot)......
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I feel like this arc could go in number of directions though my personal thoughts lean towards celestial recruitment.

Something I am looking forward to seeing is how Kitsune is holding up. This was the first time we have seen him outwardly nervous. I am also thinking back to his encounter with the Forgetten. So far, he has been good at controlling how we have seen him, maybe in this arc we can get a peak behind the mask.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's new to know that demons cat get invisible at celestials' eyes... But somehow, Great Kitsune felt the presence of their presence on earth, and so got an approximate area of that rescuing the living beings temporally on Heaven. :) Yeah, wait for their move will certainly give a sign of their precise position. Seems that for Tarot has already been some years without Spirit Dragon as her avatar, and so, maybe with time passing by she forgot such teaching? :P I agree with that, Cerberus. ;)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I suspect that Tarot is going to be looking for clues on demon influence at this point.

However, will this turn into a case of crying wolf/pomerian?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 pm I suspect that Tarot is going to be looking for clues on demon influence at this point.

However, will this turn into a case of crying wolf/pomerian?
The thought just popped into my head that, perhaps, Tarot is sent back down to essentially convince a couple very confused fox kits that they were, in fact, a dragon and a griffin.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I could easily be wrong, but I've had the impression that they have been losing their memory of their past. It might just be bias from what I read on the forums, but its felt like they are more kit than falled demi-gods now than when we first met them.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:08 pm
I could easily be wrong, but I've had the impression that they have been losing their memory of their past. It might just be bias from what I read on the forums, but its felt like they are more kit than falled demi-gods now than when we first met them.
Or maybe some kind of magical speech filter was put on them to make sure that no one would believe them if they tried to tell anyone about what they really are.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

My presumption had been that willingly hide their status from the pets out of pride and self-preservation. At best, they will just open themselves to teasing and King will probably move up to Canada with Res.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 am [2021/01/11 - A Lesson In Demons]
Title Text: you can have a little temptation of ultimate power, as a treat

To be fair, Dragon was still figuring things out, herself.
Huh? What? Where? When? I don't recall anything with S.D. regarding this subject?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I meant to imply that the cosmic game is meant to train younger Celestials, so I was suggesting that Dragon hadn’t reached that part of training.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I always thought that it was just some game and had nothing to do with training if only because the price for not doing it correctly shouldn't be banishment to 60 years as a mortal.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

There is still a lot of vagueness around certain aspects of the cosmic game, and the duel between Dragon and Pete, but my theory is that the cosmic game started as a method to train young celestials, but it wasn't popular and developed more into a form of entertainment among those who did play it. The cosmic nerds ask Bahamut or some other celestial authority if they can play the game on particular worlds, and they are permitted to so long as take responsibility for their defense against demons.

As for the punishment, we do know that is specific to particular cosmic game in the comic. For some vague reason relating to goals, Dragon and Pete declared a duel using the rules of the game as a base-line and had the condition the winner becomes the the leader of their gaming group and the loser becomes a mortal for one lifetime. The caption in Trial in Heaven, where we get a lot of our exposition about the game from, states "Images courtesy of previous game", telling us that the one we seen was not their first.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Tracking down Heck citizens is hardly a trivial pursuit, you don't just cross the bridge, find a demoness and poker saying "Tag you're it."Sorry, but this is serious business,we're not just playing games here, I need your concentration or we're all in Jeopardy!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It gets even worse because if Celestials can't SEE Demons on Earth then they have to train hard to be able to sense them and realize exactly what the issue is gonna be.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm I meant to imply that the cosmic game is meant to train younger Celestials, so I was suggesting that Dragon hadn’t reached that part of training.
Not to mention... she clearly doesn't have everything together. She's rather immature and incapable of handling stuff this big. So I doubt Tarot would have a good grasp of all this.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Ignorance, what's that? Who knows...
Demons wear many masks and it shows;
Two hundred miles is plenty for hiding
And demons- invisible, their time? Biding.

When you don't teach avatars mechanics,
It leads to otherworldly panics
'Cause when everyone ignores demons inbound,
It lets the hellspawn gain new ground.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really think that Heaven should revamp their training methods when it comes to training Celestials to take on Demons because its already hard to try to figure everything out when you can't see them so there has to be a better way they can learn to sense them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:34 pm Tracking down Heck citizens is hardly a trivial pursuit, you don't just cross the bridge, find a demoness and poker saying "Tag you're it."Sorry, but this is serious business,we're not just playing games here, I need your concentration or we're all in Jeopardy!"
Yeah, so far, Eudoant and their merry band have not shown many indications of having a sense of humor ... unless it's a vindictive one!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have a feeling that their sense of humor probably is more among the lines of hideous torture on souls that deserve (or don't) it. :|