2020/12/18 - Someone’s Rocking My Dreamboat

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/12/18 - Someone’s Rocking My Dreamboat

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/12/18 - Someone’s Rocking My Dreamboat]
Title Text: ...for that matter, how did I get here

Sometimes, Mungo, you have to consider the wants of others. Also consider carrying a map.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
bjchan95

Re: 2020/12/18 - Someone’s Rocking My Dreamboat

Post by bjchan95 »

Dang, I can’t wait to see how this develops

Also find the nearest tribal council site ASAP
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Mungo really doesn't know how to read an uncharted desert isle.

Also, Fox is getting perhaps too comfortable in this fantasy.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Oooh, I really like where this is going now! Question is, would Fox be willing to give it a go?
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:08 am Mungo really doesn't know how to read an uncharted desert isle.

Also, Fox is getting perhaps too comfortable in this fantasy.

That's the thing though. The only thing "fantasy" about this scenario is the island. Summer and Spring seem very real, just like their feelings for Fox. At least from what I can tell. It would be surprising (and saddening) if they are figments of his imagination that Fox projects whenever in Heaven.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I really want to give Mungo a hug and I really understand both sides to this however in the end Fox has to come home even if he doesn't really want to.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Being lost in a fantasy
is no way to live a life, guy.
Your dreams are not reality
but you manage to get on by.
Whether you like it or you don’t,
Mungo was brought here just for you;
brought here to fight for his best friend
(and to take some abuse too)
What have you been denied, dear Fox?
What have you been trying to do?
Every time you’ve fought for your goal,
you’ve actually managed to win it through
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

fox wrote: I'm really sick of being denied what I want back home
Mmmmm.... what has being denied to Fox back home? A relationship?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

*A finger on the monkey's paw closes*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The deeper the dream, the harsher the awakening.

"So who was dreaming, Alice or the Red King?" Through the Looking Glass.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Yea, Fox is really starting to remind me of Handsome Jack's story arc more and more now....also panel 3 Mungo needs hugs now!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Argent

Post by Argent »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:04 am Title Text: ...for that matter, how did I get here
This is not my beautiful house.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Gbr23 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:29 am
fox wrote: I'm really sick of being denied what I want back home
Mmmmm.... what has being denied to Fox back home? A relationship?
Basically, yes. He's a good dog that sees his happiness denied. Usually, its a combination of bad timing, him getting in his own way, and falling for unobtainable females. I do hold out hope that this whole arc ends with him being happy.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

To be completely honest, I feel Fox. Because I literally dream of something I could only achieve by some delusional fantasy. I can't get things I really want in this life, so I would love to just someone make them up, even if it was unreal. Also... if I feel happy, does things like this are actually unreal? Or maybe they are real. What "real" even means. If I feel real happiness, how would it be bad. I mean, I understand Mungo's point too. It's like being gone for everyone else, who can just miss me. But from Fox' point of view... he get all he desired. He has 100% right to not want it reverted. Sometime, yeah, we need to wake up from the fantasy, but, what if it's the only thing that make us happy? I am the biggest dreamer... Fox is very similar in that matter. Because dreams are what he wants. What he needs.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I am starting to think that is as much Mungo's therapy as Fox's.

Fox came to the booth because he couldn't relax, and then went in and was finally at ease for a few hours and started to speak his thoughts out out loud when Mungo showed up and started winding him back up.

Meanwhile, Mungo couldn't go three days without working and seems to have his own problems he needs to work through.

It seems like Mungo is also tripping over his own feet in that he is trying to psychoanalysis Fox when he is being frank when he just asks what is the problem and it seems to at least be partially because he didn't want to hear the answer.

I can't help but think that Spring and Summer wouldn't have let it escalate to this point if it was just them and Fox. I am remembering when Fox was at a low-point after I believe the first Fox and Mungo arc, it was there push that him to go the Christmas party and keep living life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So there is absolutely no follow up at all to the coconut that Fox threw at Mungo? That seems to be really lazy. If I was that coconut's family I would be insulted because I would never know what happened to my family member! :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:37 am So there is absolutely no follow up at all to the coconut that Fox threw at Mungo? That seems to be really lazy. If I was that coconut's family I would be insulted because I would never know what happened to my family member! :?
Be patient, Amazz. Our next installment may find Mungo providing therapy to the Coconuts. There's a Marx Brothers witticism in here somewhere but I'm too snowsmacked to puzzle it out.

Leotamer's theory about this being as much Mungo's therapy as Fox's is a rather astute observation. Mungo, as I think we all agree, is an enthusiastic, well-intentioned, and somewhat obtuse dog whose virtues often prove counter-productive to achieving his benevolent goals. Maybe a walk along the beach with the colorful angelics could prove as illuminating for him as they did/do affirming for Fox.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:38 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:37 am So there is absolutely no follow up at all to the coconut that Fox threw at Mungo? That seems to be really lazy. If I was that coconut's family I would be insulted because I would never know what happened to my family member! :?
Be patient, Amazz. Our next installment may find Mungo providing therapy to the Coconuts. There's a Marx Brothers witticism in here somewhere but I'm too snowsmacked to puzzle it out.

Leotamer's theory about this being as much Mungo's therapy as Fox's is a rather astute observation. Mungo, as I think we all agree, is an enthusiastic, well-intentioned, and somewhat obtuse dog whose virtues often prove counter-productive to achieving his benevolent goals. Maybe a walk along the beach with the colorful angelics could prove as illuminating for him as they did/do affirming for Fox.
I think in the end, you're right. Mungo is well intention and educated, but not experienced. I think he might come out of this better for it. It would be nice to learn later that he has perspective on this.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

What I love about this strip is, regardless of who you agree with, you can understand where both Fox and Mungo are coming from, and sympathize with their feelings.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I think that Fox has an unhealthy sense of entitlement borne out of his encounters with Spring and Summer and his constant inability to find a loving partner back on Earth.

Part of me believes that the way that Fox's arc will go in the long-term is that he winds up leaving the K-9's, either of his own volition or being let go, and finding another job through the ECP where he can find more personal fulfilment. Who knows, if that comes to pass he might also start living at the new boarding house and find someone there who would be a good complement to him. It would be interesting if Fox wound up together with a human-turned animal that's going through the ECP.

As much as I love the idea of Fox & Mungo getting together, the way the story could go could still have plenty of ways for Fox to find someone else. And as long as it's well-written, I'd be fine & dandy with it.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good that the coconut did nothing to Mungo, but that was pretty much foreseeable. :P He shouldn't have physical weak points, then. ;) Yeah Fox, that's too much to bear, and you're being stressed out now... Summer and Spring are his therapy, isn't it clear enough, Mungo? You're not necessary this time. :roll: All this isn't going to last much, though. Aww Mungo, you'll see him again, don't worry. :) Eheh, now that's the main problem: how escape from the island? :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:47 am
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:38 am

I think in the end, you're right. Mungo is well intention and educated, but not experienced. I think he might come out of this better for it. It would be nice to learn later that he has perspective on this.
I hope so, dr. Sadly, for all his training and compassion, he brings to his counseling techniques the same approach as he brings to ... say ... opening doors.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

IceKitsune wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 am I really want to give Mungo a hug and I really understand both sides to this however in the end Fox has to come home even if he doesn't really want to.
I mean, technically, theoretically, he could end up staying. If a Denizen of Heaven has the ability to give up the comforts of Heaven to become mortal, I'm sure the opposite could be said if said he met Kitsune/ Cerberus. Whether or not it would be a permanent choice is the question.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Mungo and Fox are veering dangerously close to Keene and Breel's behvaior in Temple Crashers II.... :shock:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

VoidGaming404 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:20 pm
IceKitsune wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 am I really want to give Mungo a hug and I really understand both sides to this however in the end Fox has to come home even if he doesn't really want to.
I mean, technically, theoretically, he could end up staying. If a Denizen of Heaven has the ability to give up the comforts of Heaven to become mortal, I'm sure the opposite could be said if said he met Kitsune/ Cerberus. Whether or not it would be a permanent choice is the question.
While visits have been authorized in the past, permanent residence seems to be by invitation. Eudoant may have different information.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought there was only one way Fox could stay in heaven and I REALLY don't want to go there.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Mungo, he's not going to be allowed to stay anyway, so you can work on therapy for him after he gets back and REALLY needs it.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:50 pm Mungo and Fox are veering dangerously close to Keene and Breel's behvaior in Temple Crashers II.... :shock:
That "ship" has been sailing around the Forum since Mungo and Fox met.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention with each passing strip that gets put up it looks dangerously close to that ship being canon.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Or not, you know, depending on how it actually turns out :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

...Is that actually a hint that its not gonna turn out the way that I think it is? You know I have to ask because I overanalyze everything. I analyze a lot of stuff to death. It could be nothing but it also could be something. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:00 am ...Is that actually a hint that its not gonna turn out the way that I think it is? You know I have to ask because I overanalyze everything. I analyze a lot of stuff to death. It could be nothing but it also could be something. :lol:
Think this arc may be another loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng one............ :D 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Especially with me trying to put nonexistent clues together to try to see which way Rick is going even though there really is nothing there. =D
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Consider that dreamboat rocked,
And Mungo's left just feeling shocked
At how harsh Fox can be,
But is it real? We'll see.

Fox, please don't lose your mind,
This isn't real, that you'll find,
The husky says that, dang it, he's done,
Death is fine if it's fun.

[Oh dear.]
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Death is fine for the person that can't avoid it but not for the people left behind. :/