2020/11/11 - Unprepared To Meet Thy God

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/11/11 - Unprepared To Meet Thy God

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/11/11 - Unprepared To Meet Thy God]
Title Text: by the year 2025 bahamut will change forms every eleven seconds

Okay, now I question your omniscience, Bahamut.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2020/11/11 - Unprepared To Meet Thy God

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm not sure Kitsune can talk his way out of this, though I suspect he'll try. So, does he have to release Pete and Dragon or recruit other help?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I feel like Bahamut is gonna make GK put his differences aside with Pete and Dragon And Grant them a temporary restoration or something, but they don't return to their original forms and are just two very powerful Fox Cubs.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well lets see him get out of this one. I would say that it might be possible that Pete and Dragon are brought back during this but I feel there is more interesting things to do with them as mortals honestly. I wonder if he will be getting help beyond Cerberus. I doubt that Bahamut will be willing to help him out here.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So the only way Bahamut can fix this is by rescinding the timeline? Cool cool cool cool cool
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He’s more responsible than them,
but he’s the one made the deal.
You should have kept watch, my good sir;
you know he can’t outmatch his zeal.
All-knowing doesn’t mean knows all;
some things can slip his attention.
Like the theft of a certain coin.
Just thought I’d give it a mention.
So Pete would have been our side?
With some people you can’t tell.
But then we’ve thought him a bad guy
ever since that great feather fell...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
shadowlucario50

WHY IS THE DRAGON SO BARA!?

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Now I question whether The Great Kitsune even cares about this world or only cares about following agreements...
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Rescinding the timeline? As in undo everything that happened, even to the point where those who are made into who they are today because of the games they played are erased completely?

Thank goodness my fanfiction (Kingkaiger) takes place in a alternate Housepets! universe with a completely different status quo of sorts when it comes to everything about it "Housepets!" wise.
Last edited by JamesTCat on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
dwmitch

Post by dwmitch »

I'm kind of wondering what that means if Kitsune's timeline is rescinded. Is that the timeline Kitsune created, meaning a full reset, or is that Kitsune's personal timeline, meaning Bahamut will make it as though he never existed?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm sure that, in the end, Kitsune will come through this smelling like a rose. Or he'll be a rose. Depends on how it goes.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Sounds like Kitsune was a lot more focused on the games than he was on the defense.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

I feel like the talk about rescinding is just to add the tension. I mean it doesn't need to mean anything, if it won'g actually happen. When You deal with such power in the universe You are creating, I often see people are just using weird words that can mean literally nothing, just to sound scary like "I cancel Your timeline". I think that's just it.

However it actually MAY have some meaning. I don't say it necessarily doesn't. But it's just... it works often like this.

I like The Great Kitsune. Maybe because I like two things he is: kitsunes and trolls. Also for very long time my fav character was King, so Kitsune comes naturaly here. I very like his attitude when he is "in control". But he is so cute when he sounds troubled. I think King is still my fav character, but I also like Maron here. Actually it's hard to not like most of the characters, so... well.

It's funny, because... Hosuepets! started as "Grape Jelly & Peanut Butter comic". Then we got Pete. And Dragon. King became dog. Heaven realms appeared, Cerberus. So it became "Battle of mortality comic". Mortality of King. And he was partially main character for very long time. Then we got this all mess with Keene and it became "Mess with ultranatural beings comic". Then we again had transformationstory... And it's so rare that we got Grape and Peanut now. Not that I complain. Just, funny to realize. From simple brother-sister (and beyond) relationship into this, where being such as The Great Kitsune makes a deal with Bahamut :D Sure, Rick is soc reative there. Always something new happens. And it's always as great. Maybe even greater than Kitsune itself 😂
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Given the Big Guy's role in King's predicament, you'd think Bahaumet would know more about what's been going on than is being implied to GK. Or maybe it's just a paternal interrogation technique to prolong ol'Nine-Tail's discomfort. Whatever, Kitsune is a charming little handful.

I kinda prefer Pete and Dragon as Fox kits. Poor Kix.
restcure

Post by restcure »

All I can say is: WOW - Sweet helm, Bahamut!
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Wait. Wasn't it Bahamut who sentenced Pete and Dragon to sixty years in mortal forms? I could have sworn there was a whole Celestial Court scene about this.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

This strip makes me wonder if Kitsune will become mortal as well.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:04 am This strip makes me wonder if Kitsune will become mortal as well.
And then Craig'll go all Stewie with Kit being Lois...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Mr. Whisper wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:48 am Wait. Wasn't it Bahamut who sentenced Pete and Dragon to sixty years in mortal forms? I could have sworn there was a whole Celestial Court scene about this.
Nope, the court scene was, IIRC, over that time Pete tried to steal King's soul. He had to explain the game to Bahamut and the court's verdict was that he was guilty of being a total dork.

Pete and Dragon becoming mortal was the scene where Kitsune turns into a game show host.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Not gonna lie - I am THOROUGHLY enjoying Kitsune finally getting his long-awaited serving of humble pie.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:37 am
Mr. Whisper wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:48 am Wait. Wasn't it Bahamut who sentenced Pete and Dragon to sixty years in mortal forms? I could have sworn there was a whole Celestial Court scene about this.
Nope, the court scene was, IIRC, over that time Pete tried to steal King's soul. He had to explain the game to Bahamut and the court's verdict was that he was guilty of being a total dork.

Pete and Dragon becoming mortal was the scene where Kitsune turns into a game show host.
... and, as we all know, there is no serious penalty for being a "Total Dork" or the entire cosmos would be on perpetual reel (or else revolve around Lester, Tiger, and Bino).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You forgot Dallas there, NH. (Even if he IS a handsome dork.)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Greeeeeeeeeat. So now what?
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:37 am Nope, the court scene was, IIRC, over that time Pete tried to steal King's soul. He had to explain the game to Bahamut and the court's verdict was that he was guilty of being a total dork.

See, I interpreted the game show scene as Kitsune's way of explaining the verdict of the court scene to the mortals. It didn't seem like he was giving them that punishment himself to me.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Now I see, Great Kitsune had an important responsibly, defending the earth against demons invasion while playing his games with it. But, he didn't succeed in it... :| I bet you now need some help, Great Kitsune. :roll: So, Bahamut didn't know the end Pete and Spirit Dragon did? Born as mortal creatures? It's weird for a mighty celestial creature. :P
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:21 am Given the Big Guy's role in King's predicament, you'd think Bahaumet would know more about what's been going on than is being implied to GK.
He does, but as Bahamut said in the court room, omniscience "sort of makes it hard to tell a story"

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -da-judge/

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:04 am This strip makes me wonder if Kitsune will become mortal as well.
If he becomes mortal I wonder if he'd still be allowed to have avatar level powers similar to Satau or Tarot.

I know King wouldn't be happy if Pete and Dragon come back around.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

True, Sir Ches. Maybe GK ain't the only "Big Tease" in the cosmos. ;)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I'm not sure that this is gonna wind up with Craig & Draig getting their powers back but stuck as fox kits, even though that'd be fun. The game that Kitsune, Pete, & Dragon played, and the consequences therein, seemed like a very no-take-backsies style thing. Nor do I think Kitsune's going to wind up depowered.

My guess is that Bahamut is going to tell Kitsune to fix the demon problem as is, with only the magic(k) that's on Earth right now, and Kitsune's own powers, which IIRC includes the power to make animals into his avatars. My bet is that over the years, Kitsune's gotten a slight bit more powerful and he can make at least two animals into his avatars. I could see Lois & Marion filling those roles in particular, especially if either Eudoant or Dino Demon sneak into the ECP in disguise to raise Heck:

Kitsune: Hey you two, this is really important. There's a mole in the ECP.
Marion: Oh, that's just Franklin. He lives in one of the basement rooms. Really nice guy once you get to know hi-
Kitsune: [Facepalms] Not that kind....
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Considering Pete's first appearance is in the 10th arc, and we're currently on the 132nd arc, rescinding the timeline would pretty much make the entire comic be "all a dream"

Keene is going to be really mad
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I just can't see a lasting change to the comic that negates 90% of the history, I could see it as a possible future they avert, but not long term going forward.

Depending on where things go from here, I could see a situatuin where Kitsune ends up mortal or even perishes before things are over, and thus the Celestials as we know them are suddenly off the table. Pete and Dragon are still kits, and Kitsune is either gone or totally de-powered.

Without those personal connections, there is no reason for the other Celestials to drop in, so for the most part, the world becomes more mundane... as much as Babylon Gardens ever is.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Mr. Whisper wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:25 pm
VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:37 am Nope, the court scene was, IIRC, over that time Pete tried to steal King's soul. He had to explain the game to Bahamut and the court's verdict was that he was guilty of being a total dork.

See, I interpreted the game show scene as Kitsune's way of explaining the verdict of the court scene to the mortals. It didn't seem like he was giving them that punishment himself to me.
It wasn't a punishment. They both lost the game.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Ash Greytree wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:18 pm My guess is that Bahamut is going to tell Kitsune to fix the demon problem as is, with only the magic(k) that's on Earth right now, and Kitsune's own powers, which IIRC includes the power to make animals into his avatars. My bet is that over the years, Kitsune's gotten a slight bit more powerful and he can make at least two animals into his avatars. I could see Lois & Marion filling those roles in particular, especially if either Eudoant or Dino Demon sneak into the ECP in disguise to raise Heck:

Kitsune: Hey you two, this is really important. There's a mole in the ECP.
Marion: Oh, that's just Franklin. He lives in one of the basement rooms. Really nice guy once you get to know hi-
Kitsune: [Facepalms] Not that kind....
Would be neat to see avatars put back into play.

Kitsune would probably be using his own templates for avatar classes, but it would be cool to see him put Pete's Dark Paladin to use for Marion or Lois since they would both get the same bonuses King would have. Marion could also seem a more likely candidate since the Dark Paladin is fueled by discontent.

Though if avatars are going to be used, I wonder if Eudoant can create their own avatars/thralls to counter the Celestials or would they just summon more powerful demons to help them?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Eudoant could use Todd.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 pm Eudoant could use Todd.
That would demonstrate a truly demonic sense of humor on Eudoant's part.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Guess Bahamut wasn't completely privy to the punishment that Kitsune had decided to give to Pete and Dragon and didn't sanction it. I wonder if this will get him in trouble after Eudoant is defeated?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not privy? Pete laid it out for him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then he must have forgotten because Bahamut seems totally shocked and caught off-guard that Pete and Dragon are now mortal with no powers.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Man, Bahamut is cut!
I've never seen so many "ravioli" on someone's chest in my entire life. :shock:
MrBlueSky7 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:07 am I feel like Bahamut is gonna make GK put his differences aside with Pete and Dragon And Grant them a temporary restoration or something, but they don't return to their original forms and are just two very powerful Fox Cubs.
Or they are going to help fix it while being fully mortals.
Specially Craig..Pete....CraigPete. You break it, you fix it.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:12 am But then we’ve thought him a bad guy
ever since that great feather fell...
No, I think during his first appreance people thought he, as the kids say, "was frend."
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Wait, WHY is bahamut BIGGER?!?!?! In the last strip he was smaller, with kitsune being at his chest size. Now he is a titan?!?

Also, I am confused. Is he the Islamic whale based on the hebrew levithan that has the behemoth's name? Or the d&d dragon? Or the final fantasy dragon?

This is so confusing. We never seen this drastic a change with demigods, and even then, if they can change, why does he constantly change between the two? For what purpose? And no, I want to know BOTH the in world reason and the meta reason.

If he can change, why don't we ever see spirit dragon take a western dragon form? Dragon isn't just eastern "dragon".
Last edited by D-Rock on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: even acronyms must adhere to our language rules.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder how much of this background drama Eudoant knows?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

ZAR22 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 pm Also, I am confused. Is he the Islamic whale based on the hebrew levithan that has the behemoth's name? Or the d&d dragon? Or the final fantasy dragon?
...yes
ZAR22 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 pm This is so confusing. We never seen this drastic a change with demigods, and even then, if they can change, why does he constantly change between the two? For what purpose? And no, I want to know BOTH the in world reason and the meta reason.
In-universe, because Bahamut likes to.
Meta-wise, because Rick feels like it.
ZAR22 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 pm If he can change, why don't we ever see spirit dragon take a western dragon form? Dragon isn't just eastern "dragon".
An easy answer that I go with is probably they all have a preferred form.