2020/10/05 - A Thing Of Wealth And Taste

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/10/05 - A Thing Of Wealth And Taste

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/10/05 - A Thing Of Wealth And Taste]
Title Text: speaking of!!!

Something something and he shall appear, Steward.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2020/10/05 - A Thing Of Wealth And Taste

Post by dr_eirik »

Its now clear. Trinket is the smart one. Steward must be at wits end to consider this so fast
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Who wants to bet that Eudoant is the person the dino demon introduces Steward to?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

On the plus side it appears all the humans in Babylon Gardens are likely at little risk from Steward and his coin's transformative powers now...but given what the badger is likely about to do the whole demonic power unleashed aspect is certainly going to be a major issue for everyone in the area. Expect delays on your commute.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Steward, whatever you're thinking is such a bad idea. Do it. (I just wanna see what happens)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Yeah, he's desperate, Alright....

Welp, nice knowing ya, Steward!

(Though, I do think it'd be cool if he wound up receiving a Midas-esque power, in which rather than relying on the coin, he can simply turn Humans into Animals with a single touch)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmm, Trinket and the Li'l Dino-Demon have the same accent .............
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Listen to the little bird brain, old Brock,
before you do something you’ll regret.
There’s nothing here for you but Hell to pay
if you meet HIM. (Euodant, I bet)
The most evil Dino will betray you
because that is just what the Hellspawn do.
Betray each other, time and time again
and trust is the first thing the blade runs through.
You are nothing compared to him, dear chap,
and you’re too measured to be desperate.
But, either way, be wise, not impulsive;
be prepared for one that's immoderate...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Frank

Post by Frank »

My theory is either a) the coin turns anyone who touches it into an animal if they aren't already, so the coin would make dinodemon into a regular animal and hence, by some loophole, make it impossible for hell to recall him; or b) The coin contains Pete's mana and he can somehow suck it out and gain Phenominal Cosmic Powers itty bitty living space
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
jonas

Post by jonas »

Maybe the dino demon's name is Eunow.

Better the devil Eunow than the devil Eudoant.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

So...it seems this plot may either go one of three ways:

A) Steward makes the deal, fails to read the fine print, and Pinhead shows up (I'm still thinking this will be the case)
B) The coin hurts DinoDemon and Eudoant, making them drop the deal and vanish, leaving Steward back at square one
C) Trinket manages to knock some sense into Steward, making him not take the deal
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

jonas wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 am Maybe the dino demon's name is Eunow.

Better the devil Eunow than the devil Eudoant.
"Devilish" pun, there, Jonas. "Devilish!" ;)
JackeyAmmy21

Post by JackeyAmmy21 »

Ok... the coin turns people animals because Pete's main premise was "no human hands may touch the gold" so would it even affect him?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure why the demon wants to touch the coin but I have a feeling that he is going to introduce Steward to Eudoant who might actually be the closest thing to the devil the HP! universe has.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

JackeyAmmy21 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:07 am Ok... the coin turns people animals because Pete's main premise was "no human hands may touch the gold" so would it even affect him?
I suspect he's going to steal the coins power, or it will effect him and he will use it to get a real flesh and blood body.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:30 am
JackeyAmmy21 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:07 am Ok... the coin turns people animals because Pete's main premise was "no human hands may touch the gold" so would it even affect him?
I suspect he's going to steal the coins power, or it will effect him and he will use it to get a real flesh and blood body.
"Dino-Demon Possession"??!! Yikes! Call an exorcist. (Is that something Tarot and Sabrina could do?)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I wasn't thinking of possession, I was thinking that it would somehow give him an animal body, but taking over Steward seem like another possibility.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:51 am
"Dino-Demon Possession"??!! Yikes! Call an exorcist. (Is that something Tarot and Sabrina could do?)
"What was that?"
"That was possession, any demon can do that in less than one lesson."
"Any demon?"
"Any demon'll do, sure!"
"Then Eudou, what do I need you for?"
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

And this someone is surely Eudoant, which is the devil, so the demon's propose will fit what you say, Steward. :P ;) Let's say he guessed, not that he heard of him, demon. :D Well, you can't know if touch the coin really works only with humans... :roll: I'd agree with you, Trinket, but the circumstance it's only this one. :|
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Guessing he'll come back as either an evil monster or he's going to come back as an entirely different being.

My senses are telling me that this demon though might be someone we've seen before, but was sent to hell for other reasons. might be one of Joel's pets?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I seem to recall that DD had his own personal agenda in helping out Keene and the others in Temple Crashers and such, so I'm not sure that they're in anybody in Hell's good graces.

My guess is that Eudoant doesn't actually care about Dino Demon anymore or remember that they exist, Dino Demon is lying to Steward, and wants to get their hands on the coin to raise a major ruckus. Either to get Eudoant's attention, or just because DD is a demon and stirring up chaos and accruing power is something that's simply in their nature.

Another idea I have in my head is that DD feels like they need to repay Keene somehow. They saw stuff on the news in whatever hidey-hole they were hunkered down in, figured out where the coin was using magic-sensing powers or some such, and are trying to trick Steward into handing it over, and then plan to poof over to Keene where a bunch of heck is raised in various ways.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:31 pm I seem to recall that DD had his own personal agenda in helping out Keene and the others in Temple Crashers and such, so I'm not sure that they're in anybody in Hell's good graces.

My guess is that Eudoant doesn't actually care about Dino Demon anymore or remember that they exist, Dino Demon is lying to Steward, and wants to get their hands on the coin to raise a major ruckus. Either to get Eudoant's attention, or just because DD is a demon and stirring up chaos and accruing power is something that's simply in their nature.

Another idea I have in my head is that DD feels like they need to repay Keene somehow. They saw stuff on the news in whatever hidey-hole they were hunkered down in, figured out where the coin was using magic-sensing powers or some such, and are trying to trick Steward into handing it over, and then plan to poof over to Keene where a bunch of heck is raised in various ways.
I could see DD doing that, royally messing up Steward's plans.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Intrigued to know what effect the coin will have on dino.
Disproportionately Dappled
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think a lot is going to be revealed in the next few pages, but this early in the arc I would take nothing at face value. Especially with the demon.
Frank

Post by Frank »

By the way, how is he seeing without his glasses? (last seen here)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Depends on how bad his eyes are to begin with.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 pm I think a lot is going to be revealed in the next few pages, but this early in the arc I would take nothing at face value. Especially with the demon.
... and especially THAT face!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:03 am

Something something and he shall appear, Steward.
"Is peak of the double and his salad pear."
Or something, I dunno, I haven't seen it in written form in a while.
leinglo wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:07 am Who wants to bet that Eudoant is the person the dino demon introduces Steward to?
I wonder if he might want dino demon to come back to Pandemonium.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:11 pm Depends on how bad his eyes are to begin with.
Yeah, I work with a lot of people who use glasses but could get by if they were lost, broken or if they were turned into a forest critter due to a failed attempt to steal from their employer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I assume Steward needs the glasses for reading but is fine without them otherwise.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I'm thinking Dino Demon used to be a human and the coin would be a loophole allowing him to mortally incarnate in an animal body. Eudoant told Keene "Nobody is from here", so it's likely that there are no "native demons" who were created there, so Dino Demon would have to be a former-something. I noticed that, unlike Heaven, you don't see any animals or humans in Pandemonium, just demons. So it's possible that everyone who goes there gets turned into a demon upon arrival and gets more powerful forms as they work their way up the ranks?

Keene and Breel wouldn't be changed because Keene was still alive and Breel was Angelic. This would also be how Dino Demon would have instantly recognized Keene as mortal
Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:31 pm I seem to recall that DD had his own personal agenda in helping out Keene and the others in Temple Crashers and such, so I'm not sure that they're in anybody in Hell's good graces.
He pretty much begged Keene to get him to Earth from the get-go. If he's not a former human, I'm wondering if there might be a rival faction of demons that Eudoant exiled to Earth for some reason and Dino Demon is trying to regroup with them.

Although the one thing I find interesting is the Eudoant pretty much ignored DD the whole time and doesn't even acknowledge his existence at all.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that Dino-Demon is actually one of many and not just a unique being that does grunt work so that's why Eudoant doesn't pay any attention because there are MULTIPLE Dino-Demons. This of course is just a theory.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

A deal with a demon's a bad idea,
You'll probably go to Heck,
But Steward doesn't seem to care,
His plan's about to wreck.

The only fee, the demon says,
Is to let them touch the gold,
But what're they gonna do with it?
And what's the future foretold?

Steward's finally fried,
A deal with the devil, he'll make,
But as much as he's clever,
Eudont, his due'll take.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:40 pm I'm thinking that Dino-Demon is actually one of many and not just a unique being that does grunt work so that's why Eudoant doesn't pay any attention because there are MULTIPLE Dino-Demons. This of course is just a theory.
Agreed. From the glimpses we got of Pandemonium, it's pretty clearly an extensive cosmic ecosystem, possibly as extensive territorially as Heaven. If the term "territorial" can be applied to the Infernal realm.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it can be used when it comes to speaking of Pandemonium as an area of land but not as a place that can be owned by anybody since the whole plain looks like it can turn against anybody in the blink of an eye.