Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Corpy

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by Corpy »

I think it may be the most commented strip so far. This arc seems to have gotten lots more people involved in the forums (myself included).
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Barkeron wrote:670 Comments on this comic strip? o.O Wow..
HOLY POTATO
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Corpy wrote:I think it may be the most commented strip so far. This arc seems to have gotten lots more people involved in the forums (myself included).
At this point it is the longest comment thread The second longest is 'This is my Tsk Tsk Face' at 656 and the Third is the original longest 'Just Friends' at 603. And this one has all of tomorrow to go through as well so its just going to get bigger

Edit: This one I believe most likely has the most on topic comments on it (I don't know for sure I'm just going by what I see in the thread)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wow, that's quite a lot of comments. At this rate, we might see a comic break 1000 pretty soon. The comic just needs to get more exposure and then the next WHAM strip could break that threshold!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

can't wait to see where the comments will be like in two years time. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hey guys I'm off duty for the moment and I thought I'd get caught up on the-

Um.

*Walks off, and beats head against the wall for a couple minutes*

Ok, I refuse to read through all of the posts in this topic, so forgive me if I come off as redundant.

Spirit Dragon=wut.

UnU=more wut.

Finally, THE INSTANT PEANUT FINDS ABOUT TAROT MEANS THE END OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND THUSLY HUNDREDS OF SHIPPERS' LIVES

The Cerebus Syndrome is killing me, people

kthnxbai
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Maybe it'll go over 9000.
Mika

Post by Mika »

Barkeron wrote:670 Comments on this comic strip? o.O Wow..
Yeah, Rick must know what hes doing because hes smashed his old comments record 2 times in a row!
Staring at Chuck Norris for extended periods of time can cause eye damage and foot sized bruises to the face.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Teh Brawler wrote: Um.

*Walks off, and beats head against the wall for a couple minutes*

Ok, I refuse to read through all of the posts in this topic, so forgive me if I come off as redundant.

Spirit Dragon=wut.

UnU=more wut.

The Cerebus Syndrome is killing me, people

kthnxbai
My thoughts exactly.

You have me hooked Rick, I'll give you that. All in all I still want this arc to end...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I've been thinking if it was Mr. Milton who moved Pete's temple why would he do that? Right now this is my Theory: Its possible Mr. Milton figured out about the game and wanted to stop it for some reason and moved it into the woods to hide it but it could have been someone else who did it for possibly the same reasons.

And that brings up the question of where was/is the Dragons Temple? From the look of Tarot and Sabrina's Tags it could have been Egypt and that means either Tarot is from Egypt originally or possibly both of them but the cast page says (or implies anyway) that Fido met Sabrina when he was a Puppy so most likely its just Tarot who is from Egypt. What do you guys think?

Edit: This also brings up a point if the Kitsune does have an Avatar then it is very likely that it would be no one we know because his temple would be in the Middle East somewhere around where the other Two Temples are/were forget it, it wouldn't matter because then he would have just moved his/her Avatar to Babylon Gardens to be with the other two like the Dragon would have done with Tarot assuming my theory is correct.
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

IceKitsune wrote:I've been thinking if it was Mr. Milton who moved Pete's temple why would he do that? Right now this is my Theory: Its possible Mr. Milton figured out about the game and wanted to stop it for some reason and moved it into the woods to hide it but it could have been someone else who did it for possibly the same reasons.

And that brings up the question of where was/is the Dragons Temple? From the look of Tarot and Sabrina's Tags it could have been Egypt and that means either Tarot is from Egypt originally or possibly both of them but the cast page says (or implies anyway) that Fido met Sabrina when he was a Puppy so most likely its just Tarot who is from Egypt. What do you guys think?

We're missing other points to this to, WHY was Pete locked up in a temple? Was the Dragon also locked up in a temple at all? Are all omniscient beings nerds like the TNC?

Also to your edit, I doubt that old red eyes has an avatar, since he's supposed to be the GM, I think he would just take on a form (though I could be wrong like usual).

Edit: It coulda been the forest critters that moved the temple, and it makes me wonder where they got der legends from.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ratros wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I've been thinking if it was Mr. Milton who moved Pete's temple why would he do that? Right now this is my Theory: Its possible Mr. Milton figured out about the game and wanted to stop it for some reason and moved it into the woods to hide it but it could have been someone else who did it for possibly the same reasons.

We're missing other points to this to, WHY was Pete locked up in a temple? Was the Dragon also locked up in a temple at one point? Are all omniscient beings nerds like the TNC?

Also to your edit, I doubt that old red eyes has an avatar, since he's supposed to be the GM, I think he would just take on a form (though I could be wrong like usual).
I would assume his line about Dragon moving the Temple would indicate that its like a starting position for the players, because he didn't seem angry or anything about being locked up in the temple just that is was moved and so was his start point.

Edit: Plus the line says its against the rules to move the Temple so I really think they are the Starting points for the players. Oh and its TCN not TNC
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Teh Brawler wrote: Finally, THE INSTANT PEANUT FINDS ABOUT TAROT MEANS THE END OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND THUSLY HUNDREDS OF SHIPPERS' LIVES
It's Peanut...he would not care and be rather understanding.
Mainly because he's a cat lover himself and he can relate to Tarot's feelings.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Kyderra wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote: Finally, THE INSTANT PEANUT FINDS ABOUT TAROT MEANS THE END OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND THUSLY HUNDREDS OF SHIPPERS' LIVES
It's Peanut...he would not care and be rather understanding.
Mainly because he's a cat lover himself and he can relate to Tarot's feelings.
You mean Dragons feelings not Tarots. Truthfully right now I don't think we really know anything about the real Tarot at all for all we know its been Dragon in control for most of the time. We would have to know more about how the Avatar thing works and when each side gets control of the body to figure out when which was which. But for your point I agree I really don't think Peanut would care all that much (he would probably think it was really cool that Dragon wanted to date him.)

The bigger thing however is how does the real Tarot feel about him. Pete's line IMO implies that the real Tarot might not have feelings for Peanut and Dragon is having her stay with him because she wants to be with him. Before anyone brings up the whole 'Free Will' clause she could be doing it out of a sense of duty to Dragon which would still be using her free will because she could stop at anytime. Now I also admit that it is possible that the real Tarot does have feelings for Peanut I'm just saying its also really possible she doesn't.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

IceKitsune wrote:You mean Dragons feelings not Tarots. Truthfully right now I don't think we really know anything about the real Tarot at all for all we know its been Dragon in control for most of the time. We would have to know more about how the Avatar thing works and when each side gets control of the body to figure out when which was which. But for your point I agree I really don't think Peanut would care all that much (he would probably think it was really cool that Dragon wanted to date him.)

The bigger thing however is how does the real Tarot feel about him. Pete's line IMO implies that the real Tarot might not have feelings for Peanut and Dragon is having her stay with him because she wants to be with him. Before anyone brings up the whole 'Free Will' clause she could be doing it out of a sense of duty to Dragon which would still be using her free will because she could stop at anytime. Now I also admit that it is possible that the real Tarot does have feelings for Peanut I'm just saying its also really possible she doesn't.
I'm thinking Tarot is in the same situation as King, but Dragon made her believe she had been chosen by the "spirits". Tarot just has a different perspective on the same situation.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yaknow guys, King is an avatar and it seems to me like he has less freedom than an avatar is supposed to have. I'm sure a great deal of Tarot's feelings are authentic. Dragon probably sent her, as "the spirits," to "be with Peanut in his time of need" because she had a crush on him. Tarot then grew authentic feelings for Peanut as a result.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Corpy wrote:I think it may be the most commented strip so far.
696 comments right now.

That's even more than the whamiest of the Grape-Peanut relationship strips had.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Liam wrote:That's even more than the whamiest of the Grape-Peanut relationship strips had.
clearly not enough wham
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alex

Post by Alex »

It's more than enough. Grape doesn't want to cheat on Max.... same goes with Peanut and Tarot!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

gagi

Post by gagi »

Corpy wrote:I think it may be the most commented strip so far. This arc seems to have gotten lots more people involved in the forums (myself included).
yea me too ... and i'm glad it did ... otherwise i wouldn't have seen the hitler housepets video !! ... and i got many hours of LOLZ out of that one :) arff ... this comic rocks !!
arff
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Whew! The avatar talk died down a bit.

Another topic that struck me curiously also: I'm sure there was a condition for Pete to choose Grape relating to the temple. my guess is that Zach broke it somehow.
gagi

Post by gagi »

Yea I'm also wondering about that, but i think it has more to do with Tarot telling grape that Pete (or what ever his real name is) is bad guy and a jerk. hehe
arff
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:Whew! The avatar talk died down a bit.

Another topic that struck me curiously also: I'm sure there was a condition for Pete to choose Grape relating to the temple. my guess is that Zach broke it somehow.
I don't think pressing the button had anything to do with Grape being or not being Pete's Avatar the only reason she isn't is because Dragon made her fearful and distrustful of Pete.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That's another possible reason, but i'm wondering if pressing the button had anything to do with it also. i'm wondering if the only reason Pete probably didn't pick Zach is because Grape was the actual 'chooser of ways' and not Zach, and therefore Zach is the product of bad misinterpertation XD
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:That's another possible reason, but i'm wondering if pressing the button had anything to do with it also. i'm wondering if the only reason Pete probably didn't pick Zach is because Grape was the actual 'chooser of ways' and not Zach, and therefore Zach is the product of bad misinterpertation XD
No most likely the only reason he didn't choose Zach is because he did not have the Personality that Pete was looking for. But you are right about one thing Grape was originally supposed to be the Opener of Ways not Zach.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

ACtually, i was checking one of the comments from Thoth (Who i enjoy reading comments on, by the way!) and recall that Dogs and Cats apparantly are the only parties involved. so if Zach released Pete, chances are somehow that nullified the condition.

I'm willing to bet Pete was going to get Grape farther ahead of time in another location that's isolated, but certain conditions prevented that, mainly this third party force the Dragon mentioned.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:ACtually, i was checking one of the comments from Thoth (Who i enjoy reading comments on, by the way!) and recall that Dogs and Cats apparantly are the only parties involved. so if Zach released Pete, chances are somehow that nullified the condition.

I'm willing to bet Pete was going to get Grape farther ahead of time in another location that's isolated, but certain conditions prevented that, mainly this third party force the Dragon mentioned.
Game Cobra the third party moved the Temple to Babylon Gardens hence why Babylon is written well on the Map and Gardens is scribbled on in Red (This is how I'm taking it right now anyway I might be wrong but I don't think so.) I personally think that the game was meant to take place in Babylon it self (or what was Babylon at one point anyway) the move of the Temple changed the game to Babylon Gardens there is no way he originally wanted Grape because he was no where near her at the time before the move of the Temple so he wanted Grape after the move not before.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Mind controlled King. I have to wonder what would have happened to Grape should she have become Pete's avatar.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I REALLY don't like Pete now.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Pete is a priest! He has mind control, hax!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

All Pete has to do now is return his free will in response and let the abilities resolve in reverse order...

Sleet-is-a-terrible-person references aside, this is just getting more and more confusing! It seems like King is going to be freed from Pete technically, but probably will get loophole'd in some way or another until Great Kitsune intervenes again. Also, King looks adorable in panel 7, and Pete imitating King down to his speech bubble color reminded me of the following: "Hi! I'm Timmy Turner, and I cheated on my math test."
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

gettin pretty wack.

but this means Tarot was a normal dog and just got brainwashed?
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Having yellow eyes is a good look on king and also, the kitsue looks so awesome on the second panel.
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

yoyodude wrote:gettin pretty wack.

but this means Tarot was a normal dog and just got brainwashed?
Well, King's eye color changed to match Pete's when mind controlled-- aside from when using powers/becoming the dragon herself, Tarot's have always been the Gold color, so she's probably not being forced into anything.

Anyway, MY question is... Does the 'forbidden from doing anything more to King' include turning him back?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

What color is Dragon's eyes?

Oh, they're green!

What color are Tarot's eyes when she's using her powers?

Oh, they're green!

What color are Pete's eyes?

Oh, they're Yellow!

What color are King's eyes when getting mind controlled?

Aaaaaaaand mystery solved. Tarot is still Tarot! Those "jumping the shark" people can go slap themselves now.

Now the question is, what are they battling about, and what exactly is the arena? Is it just Babylon in general? Does that mean King doesn't have an owner anymore?!

Uh oh...
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What Pete did had better not count--I'm glad the Kitsune said that, but I don't like Pete's cockiness there.... :x
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok I don't like any of TCN right now,really don't like Pete at all but the other two aren't that much higher on my list either.

Edit: I want to elaborate on my thoughts here a bit while I still don't like them my first opinion of TCN was colored by the fact that these type of story lines (Gods Play Games with the Universe) tend to not end well for anyone really. Maybe I'm wrong this time.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That Kitsune is cool. but i also found King very enjoyable in this comic as well. He got Pete, and i'm sure that satisfied him.

I'm also curious where King will go after this also, but i'll save my hunches for now ;)

ALSO: I gotta learn more about D&D. i forgot about all of those laws, and i don't mean police laws either. i'm silly @_@
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

GameCobra wrote: ALSO: I gotta learn more about D&D. i forgot about all of those laws, and i don't mean police laws either. i'm silly @_@
None of these rules are part of actual D&D.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh. >.>

I'm probably thinking more of something like permittable rules then. like how Pete tried tricking King into being his avatar.