2020/03/11 - Nothing Awkward About This

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ZAR22

Re: 2020/03/11 - Nothing Awkward About This

Post by ZAR22 »

It's Three people, two of which are married, having another dude who is also in a relationship, sleeping way too feelly-feelly close for my tastes, the same for the most part with sasha, as she felt like she was just trying to start something with the relationship at first until we later found out her intentions. Plus, she was more of a abused child who needed comforting, but still doesn't mean what sasha was doing was ok in my eyes. I just don't feel good about this, it feels still a bit amoral.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

It's Kevin. He was fine with Sasha making out with Fox while Kevin was dating Sasha.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just keep in mind that some animals may have different ideals from yours and remember the fact that Sasha was merely unaware that her actions would cause this much of a problem for King, and it's very likely that Kevin is the same way for different reasons.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Yeah, and I still wasn't very fine with that either. I get that it's trying to help fox move forward with his feelings, but that still feels a bit amoral to me. Then again, she would be sort of a vixen to fox, in the fact I guess the sort of husbandish(?) boyfriend Is ok with his wifish(?) girlfriend making out with another boy/girl? I guess that's ok then? I dunno, just not something I would see myself doing, even if it was the other way around and the boy was allowed to kiss another girl other than the one in the relationship.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

ZAR22 wrote:Yeah, and I still wasn't very fine with that either. I get that it's trying to help fox move forward with his feelings, but that still feels a bit amoral to me. Then again, she would be sort of a vixen to fox, in the fact I guess the sort of husbandish(?) boyfriend Is ok with his wifish(?) girlfriend making out with another boy/girl? I guess that's ok then? I dunno, just not something I would see myself doing, even if it was the other way around and the boy was allowed to kiss another girl other than the one in the relationship.
OK, that's fine. You, after all, are not a Canine.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Even then, some dogs show they can think about it, and want to stay committed to a relationship, so eh?
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Haven't all of the pets that want to be in a committed relationship been involved in something supernatural?
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

I am a little confused by what you mean?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He is asking if the pets who were interested in being in relationships and NOT cheating or kissing and cuddling with someone else have been involved in supernatural happenings.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Well, even then, what way, or circumstance of involvement of super natural? Does seeing a super natural being, or being a avatar of a super natural being count? Does dating a avatar count? What are the defined conditions by which he means?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will just simplify it and say anything involved with the game or the celestials.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Ok, then squeak and Joey, and mr. Bigglesworth (as far as we know), and maybe grape and max?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

ZAR22 wrote:Ok, then squeak and Joey, and mr. Bigglesworth (as far as we know), and maybe grape and max?

And … almost … Peanut and Spirit Dragon.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

They made it seem like NON celestial/demigod related/supernatural relationship that wasn't artificial, and had pets that wanted to stay committed...
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Bino seems to be (as far as I know) the only one not to have met a supernatural being or been involved in a supernatural event that wants to stay committed. Duchess doesn't care. I don't know about Fido, but Sabrina doesn't need explanation, neither do Peanut, Grape, Tarot, Bailey, and Zach. (I might have forgot someone.) King's relationship only happened because of supernatural events. Jessica, well, Zach's foot shined while they were trapped in a cage together. Keene (I think it was him.) is dating a ferret who died and was brought back. I have no clue about the kangaroos as they were together when they were introduced, but they did go on the trip to save Bailey. The raccoons consider Zach to be the opener of ways. One of the mice went into Pete's temple. I don't remember many others with relationships.

I did forget about Bino.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

If the suggestion is that their desire to have a stable monogomous relationship is in some way an effect of encounters with the supernatural, I would call that a teensy bit of a stretch :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that isn't what we was meaning then I don't know and I probably read the post wrong.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Now I'm confused … but, then, I've been that way since about 1992.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know what? It doesn't matter. I think its best that we all just move on unless Zesortinge wants to clarify.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Zesortinge wrote:Jessica, well, Zach's foot shined while they were trapped in a cage together.
Also, we don't know how Jessica feels about seeing other possums because we haven't seen any.
Keene (I think it was him.) is dating a ferret who died and was brought back.
Marten.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
Zesortinge wrote: Keene (I think it was him.) is dating a ferret who died and was brought back.
Marten.
No, Breel. :)

Ack, tomatoes!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They are shutting everything down over here due to concerns about the Coronavirus so I couldn't get tomatoes.

I'll just squirt you with ketchup.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Zesortinge wrote:Bino seems to be (as far as I know) the only one not to have met a supernatural being or been involved in a supernatural event that wants to stay committed. Duchess doesn't care. I don't know about Fido, but Sabrina doesn't need explanation, neither do Peanut, Grape, Tarot, Bailey, and Zach. (I might have forgot someone.) King's relationship only happened because of supernatural events. Jessica, well, Zach's foot shined while they were trapped in a cage together. Keene (I think it was him.) is dating a ferret who died and was brought back. I have no clue about the kangaroos as they were together when they were introduced, but they did go on the trip to save Bailey. The raccoons consider Zach to be the opener of ways. One of the mice went into Pete's temple. I don't remember many others with relationships.

I did forget about Bino.
On the other hand, Sasha was brainwashed into killing Keene, who went to heaven and came back. Does that count as being involved in a supernatural event?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If we are talking about Sasha, then no. But I assume you are talking about Keene so I would say it counts.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If we are talking about Sasha, then no. But I assume you are talking about Keene so I would say it counts.
Doesn't seem like a bigger stretch than the Raccoons' religious beliefs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am wondering what they would think of Keene if it ever came out that he died and went to heaven then got resurrected?
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I am wondering what they would think of Keene if it ever came out that he died and went to heaven then got resurrected?
Depends which characters you ask. Most of them would be like "Yeah sure you did". A few might be like "Wow! Confirmation that the afterlife exists? This is really astounding stuff!"

And then theres the characters that would be like "We already knew that could happen."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was talking about what would the woodland critters who still see Zach as the "Opener of Ways" think about it since they probably would have some wild theories on this.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I was talking about what would the woodland critters who still see Zach as the "Opener of Ways" think about it since they probably would have some wild theories on this.
Oh, okay. They'd probably attribute Keene coming back as a miracle performed by the Opener, to which Zach would point out he wasn't even there, to which the critters would say "that makes it even more impressive!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is just another way that Zach ends up suffering from the title that he had reluctantly bestowed upon him and tries to shed every chance he gets. XD
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It is just another way that Zach ends up suffering from the title that he had reluctantly bestowed upon him and tries to shed every chance he gets. XD
Still stuck on the Refusal Of The Call stage of the Hero's Journey, I guess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't foresee him actually getting past that stage at all in the next few years honestly.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't foresee him actually getting past that stage at all in the next few years honestly.
I mean, the plotline that he could have been the hero of is over now. He will never escape his destiny, for the win conditions no longer exist.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then in that case I expect him being labeled the "Opener of Ways" and told that he is performing miracles that he in no way would be able to do reasonably is gonna finally drive him as insane as Tiger.
Argent

Post by Argent »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:On the other hand, Sasha was brainwashed into killing Keene, who went to heaven and came back. Does that count as being involved in a supernatural event?
I thought it had been established that Sasha did not kill Keene because she didn't smell like oil and other engine fluids and because she would have known how to cut the brake lines without trashing the whole undercarriage.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't remember how the end of that arc went but I believe that Sasha was brainwashed and only cut the brake line which would have been enough. The undercarriage could have been easily destroyed in the accident.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Argent wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:On the other hand, Sasha was brainwashed into killing Keene, who went to heaven and came back. Does that count as being involved in a supernatural event?
I thought it had been established that Sasha did not kill Keene because she didn't smell like oil and other engine fluids and because she would have known how to cut the brake lines without trashing the whole undercarriage.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't remember how the end of that arc went but I believe that Sasha was brainwashed and only cut the brake line which would have been enough. The undercarriage could have been easily destroyed in the accident.
I may or may not stand corrected!?

Either way, a supernatural event happened and she was involved in the situation that resulted in it.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

No, Sasha did not actually attempt to kill Keene. She was brainwashed to take the fall
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Obbl wrote:No, Sasha did not actually attempt to kill Keene. She was brainwashed to take the fall
Probably her most delightful delusionary episode to date, and one of my favorite arcs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wait you know what I remember how that arc actually went now. Wasn't it a PETA member (not sure if it was the fat guy) who did it and then had his friend who was running the obedience school brainwash Sasha into trying to say she did it? That would have been a very dark arc is everything went off as planned. Keene would be dead and Sasha would no doubt be scheduled for euthanasia. :|