2020/02/19 - Simple Question

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2020/02/19 - Simple Question

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Again, this isn't even a dog thing. This is a thing that humans do. Humans cheat all the time on their spouses.
That's only cheating for humans. Dogs, as Duchess points out, are not humans. Pet marriage is seen as kind of weird, there's a few super-domesticated animals that have internalized human norms but it's not natural for them.

Peanut had no problem with consensual open relationships and he's probably the most human-like-prudish animal in the strip.

Duchess might or might not get mad at Bino, she mostly seems concerned about whether he's embarrass her: her relationship with Bino is possessive and controlling rather than romantic. Her main objection to random making out seems to be puppies.

And you're missing my main point, which was that *once she knows what the deal with King is* she'll be able to deal with it. Right now she doesn't know that he practically IS a little human in a dog suit.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Again, this isn't even a dog thing. This is a thing that humans do. Humans cheat all the time on their spouses.
That's only cheating for humans. Dogs, as Duchess points out, are not humans. Pet marriage is seen as kind of weird, there's a few super-domesticated animals that have internalized human norms but it's not natural for them.
They are they're own beings with their own ways of doing things which for the most part seems to coincide with human customs because they are raised by humans. We don't have enough evidence to even make a call for what is natural animal behavior for the pets or otherwise from the limited pool of characters we've seen. Peanut being woke and Duchess being you-know is just character traits but neither really give us any insight to the complex philosophies that the animals possess as a whole. The fact that different animals have different views on what a relationship is or should be makes them even more human.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

Sasha must be getting mixed signals from King, seeing as he's sans-collar and, therefore, nude in front of Sasha ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would certainly give me mixed messages if I was in her position so I don't blame her anymore for being confused.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Gr8fulFox wrote:Sasha must be getting mixed signals from King, seeing as he's sans-collar and, therefore, nude in front of Sasha ;)
She broke in on him having a shower.

... do they not put locks on bathroom doors in America?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They do but I am just assuming that King forgot to lock the door because he didn't think that anybody was still awake at the hour he was showering at.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Looks like my poem somehow didn't make it up on the site for this one... oh well.
--
Oh, great, Sasha's about to cry,
Which means that King's going to have to try
To go ahead and calm her down
And from her muzzle erase that frown.
Yes, oh definitely yes, King's going to have some fun
With this, and quickly be long on the run
From Sasha, lest he soon find out
That making out would remove all doubt
That he still loves her, that's for sure
And for proof a blush lights under his fur.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!