2020/02/19 - Simple Question

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/02/19 - Simple Question

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/02/19 - Simple Question]
Title Text: will also accept 'totally yes', 'very yes', and if you are a robot, 'affirmative'

Almost like talking to a brick wall that doesn't mind making out with you.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/02/19 - Simple Question

Post by Gbr23 »

It was only a kiss
It was only a kiss
Now I’m falling sleep...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Wow. I don't think I have enough eye-rolls in me for this. :roll:

Okay, time for another coming to Jesus moment. Bailey help your husband! Its time for stronger and more clear ground rules. Although at this point, it is like talking to a furry wall. Or its time for that vacation I mentioned a few strips back.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Actually that is kinda interesting.
Does Sasha know making out with someone is for most people more than just showing affection or is that one of the few ways she know how to show affection to someone?
Does she have a crush with King? Although she also made out with Fox to thank him, so is Sasha just really open minded in that regard (even for dogs) or is that what some dogs do?
Also how would Bailey react?
Does she know Sasha would like to make out with King or is that something completly new for her?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I guess Sasha’s just used to getting her way with other dogs. If most dogs got asked if Sasha could make out with them, "no" would stop being a word in their vocabulary. Alternatively, Sasha might not ascribe any significance to making out. It's just a pastime to her.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Fox might be willing to take her up on that offer.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This compulsion to make-out with every male who's kind to her must stem from her abusive relationship with Mr. Hartford. This is a coping mechanism and literally all she knows. She is so used to males flinging themselves are her and in her mind she's been conditioned to interpret that as "love." She doesn't know how to interact with other dogs without using her body. In other words, she's very damaged. King is going to need therapy after this and Sasha is going to need her own as well.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:This compulsion to make-out with every male who's kind to her must stem from her abusive relationship with Mr. Hartford. This is a coping mechanism and literally all she knows. She is so used to males flinging themselves are her and in her mind she's been conditioned to interpret that as "love." She doesn't know how to interact with other dogs without using her body. In other words, she's very damaged. King is going to need therapy after this and Sasha is going to need her own as well.
In other words:
They need Mungo.

I'm still wondering how Bailey will react.
Douglas Collier

fenrirblack wrote:This compulsion to make-out with every male who's kind to her must stem from her abusive relationship with Mr. Hartford. This is a coping mechanism and literally all she knows. She is so used to males flinging themselves are her and in her mind she's been conditioned to interpret that as "love." She doesn't know how to interact with other dogs without using her body. In other words, she's very damaged. King is going to need therapy after this and Sasha is going to need her own as well.
This. Very much this.
I wonder if Mungo is taking new patients?

Poor Sasha. :(
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, someone really needs to tell her
where the boundaries are
otherwise their friendship
is never going far.
He needs the pups to start up now,
he needs someone to howl
he needs someone to help
her off the toilet bowl.
She has to define ‘make out’;
if it’s trouble or not;
‘Cause King cannot deny
he finds her really hot.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

It's arguable that King's even fully healed from his own traumas, he's far from equipped to try and heal someone else's, let alone someone as damaged as Sasha.
Douglas Collier

At this point, for her sake as much as King’s, I think it would be healthier if Sasha stayed with Kevin, at least until she could get some therapy. It’s one thing to make out with a boyfriend or a single male - it’s something completely different to make out with a married male. Sasha could get in real trouble if Bailey found out she had intentions that might break King.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Would you settle for a passionate game of "Go Fish"?
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

While I’m sure Sasha’s less-than-stellar upbringing is at least partially to blame for this fiasco, one thing to keep in mind is that... Well... Sasha is a dog. And King has had plenty of discussions with Duchess and even his own wife that dogs simply view romance differently from humans. Sure, Sasha herself is a bit more of an... extreme example, but that difference is still present. Makes me wonder if the right solution here is just to straight up tell Sasha that he used to be human and, therefore, is super uncomfortable with such blatant affection from someone who isn’t his wife. I imagine Sasha would have a very... interesting reaction to learning that.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

JageshemashFTW wrote:While I’m sure Sasha’s less-than-stellar upbringing is at least partially to blame for this fiasco, one thing to keep in mind is that... Well... Sasha is a dog. And King has had plenty of discussions with Duchess and even his own wife that dogs simply view romance differently from humans. Sure, Sasha herself is a bit more of an... extreme example, but that difference is still present. Makes me wonder if the right solution here is just to straight up tell Sasha that he used to be human and, therefore, is super uncomfortable with such blatant affection from someone who isn’t his wife. I imagine Sasha would have a very... interesting reaction to learning that.
I don't think he's going to up and tell her that he used to be a human, but I figure she's going to learn that on her own one way or another fairly soon, perhaps be the end of the arc, if she doesn't already know.
Caerdwyn

Post by Caerdwyn »

Unfortunately this is an all-too-common thing: an attractive person thinking their only value is sexual. It really makes you wonder about where Sasha learned that attitude.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Caerdwyn wrote:Unfortunately this is an all-too-common thing: an attractive person thinking their only value is sexual. It really makes you wonder about where Sasha learned that attitude.
Her owner only bought her to attract women to him, which apparently didn't work. That's got to be bad for self-esteem.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Caerdwyn wrote:Unfortunately this is an all-too-common thing: an attractive person thinking their only value is sexual. It really makes you wonder about where Sasha learned that attitude.
Her owner only bought her to attract women to him, which apparently didn't work. That's got to be bad for self-esteem.
Not to mention, every dog has a crush on her and I could imagine a lot of it comes from her looks.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Not to mention, every dog has a crush on her and I could imagine a lot of it comes from her looks.
Plus, doesn't Sasha know King's married?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
TigerShark20

Post by TigerShark20 »

THis must be a first for her
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Don't think it was just the owner, but every dog in town gave her the same impression - so it just seems natural to her that everyone wants to make-out. a scratch your back kind of way.

Marriage is a foreign concept to Sasha, so i'm certain she doesn't know what it means to be married or have a love life outside of Bino and Kevin, but if they treat her like a prize, she might continue to act like one.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

GameCobra wrote:Don't think it was just the owner, but every dog in town gave her the same impression - so it just seems natural to her that everyone wants to make-out. a scratch your back kind of way.

Marriage is a foreign concept to Sasha, so i'm certain she doesn't know what it means to be married or have a love life outside of Bino and Kevin, but if they treat her like a prize, she might continue to act like one.
Which is pretty sad, the more you think of it. Makes you wonder about her and Kevin's relationship.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

SeanWolf wrote:Plus, doesn't Sasha know King's married?
Well she DOES know it, she was Bailey's Bridesmaid afterall and seems glad she doesn't have to marry the groomsman in front of her boyfriend and even seems angry at King when he seemed insincere about it, or at least when she thought he was insincere. Yet she doesn't seem to like commitment?
Either she doesn't understand what commitment really means or she does understand it, but mentioned making out with King because he more or less "offered" it to her.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

I can't help but wonder wonder if Sasha gets her attitude to relationships from her "dad".
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CunningFox wrote:I can't help but wonder wonder if Sasha gets her attitude to relationships from her "dad".
That's what I've been thinking. I can't also help but wonder if there was more to Sasha and her "dad" then she was letting on.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm sure she did. I think one of my favorite aspects of Sasha recently is finding out that she's actually smarter than we let on, but she's just a bad reader. However, is she a natural bad reader or was she trained into that by her dad and the community? That's my curiosity in a nutshell for Sasha :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It seems like multiple people are annoyed at Sasha for this stunt that she is putting King through so I wasn't in the minority like I thought I was. Still even though she gets on my nerves that is not to say that I want Sasha to disappear and stop being a pain. Somebody can still be damaged goods and annoy you but that doesn't mean you don't like them. I found that out for myself.

What Sasha needs is either extreme therapy of Bailey to shake some sense into her. :mrgreen:
jonas

Post by jonas »

I think when I was younger a character like Sasha might've annoyed me. Now I just feel sorry for her. :c It seems like she's got deeper stuff going on and doesn't have the vocabulary and/or willingness to communicate it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CunningFox wrote:I can't help but wonder wonder if Sasha gets her attitude to relationships from her "dad".
We don't have an "origin" story for Sasha (yet) or know what her life was before Hartford brought her home. We have had glimpses that indicate her life with him was pretty insecure and unpredictable.
Argent

Post by Argent »

CuriousCnidarian wrote:I don't think he's going to up and tell her that he used to be a human, but I figure she's going to learn that on her own one way or another fairly soon, perhaps be the end of the arc, if she doesn't already know.
I think until he tells her AND explains what that means, she's going to keep treating him like another dog and Rick's teasing us with "how would an actual dog act". And I think pushing King into making another dog-vs-human choice. So I think King's going to have to sit down with Sasha and explain just what this human thing really means. And if he does I think Sasha will be OK with that.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Seriously, Sasha? :shock: Poor King, he's facing a really delicate situation hard to manage... :| Only now? She is really complicated, stubborn, and she understands things wrongly, always... :P You can't count a no, Sasha, eh? ;) King was nice with you that day, but ask to even make out with him, is too much... On another hand, you could kiss her, King, to make her again happy and also because Bailey wouldn't never get to know it... :D
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Argent wrote:
CuriousCnidarian wrote:I don't think he's going to up and tell her that he used to be a human, but I figure she's going to learn that on her own one way or another fairly soon, perhaps be the end of the arc, if she doesn't already know.
I think until he tells her AND explains what that means, she's going to keep treating him like another dog and Rick's teasing us with "how would an actual dog act". And I think pushing King into making another dog-vs-human choice. So I think King's going to have to sit down with Sasha and explain just what this human thing really means. And if he does I think Sasha will be OK with that.
Again, this isn't even a dog thing. This is a thing that humans do. Humans cheat all the time on their spouses. If an attractive female walked up and ask to make out there would be guys who would do it married or no. Not to mention this is again more a Sasha thing. I've pointed this out before but Sasha is the only dog we've seen whose actively made out or been the receiver of love-making from other dogs (aka Fox who gave into her in a moment of weakness) while in a relationship. The other dogs put up with it because its Sasha and they treat her differently because of her looks, airheadness, and/or damage. I don't think this was ever dog versus human thing (I might be wrong) but I think it is more about Sasha as a traumatized individual who sees kissing as a appropriate form of interaction no matter the circumstances and again not because she's a dog but honestly she's never been told no or taken no as an answer. She's in a way a victim who has been taken advantage of her entire life and in turn taken advantage of others aka Bino and Fido. She cries or whines to get her way and then the males are putty in her hands. She may not understand monogamy, not because she's a dog (all the other dogs have no problem with it except when it comes to Sasha), but because she never learned what it is or doesn't want to.
Examples: Peanut was generally upset when he thought he was cheating on Tarot, Fox was scared of how Kevin would react when he caught them together, Fido and Sabrina haven't been fooling around with other dogs or cats and I highly doubt Bino and Duchess have either (can you imagine how Duchess would react if she caught Bino cheating on her).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

^This.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:(can you imagine how Duchess would react if she caught Bino cheating on her).
I'm not sure that would be from Duchess having principles about cheating in general, so much as she would hate to be cheated on. A narcissist like her would consider her own actions always justified, but someone cheating on her is a grave insult.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Bino ever cheated on Duchess or even DUMPED her for that matter, I would imagine you would only be able to find body parts. :o
Frank

Post by Frank »

JageshemashFTW wrote:While I’m sure Sasha’s less-than-stellar upbringing is at least partially to blame for this fiasco, one thing to keep in mind is that... Well... Sasha is a dog. And King has had plenty of discussions with Duchess and even his own wife that dogs simply view romance differently from humans. Sure, Sasha herself is a bit more of an... extreme example, but that difference is still present. Makes me wonder if the right solution here is just to straight up tell Sasha that he used to be human and, therefore, is super uncomfortable with such blatant affection from someone who isn’t his wife. I imagine Sasha would have a very... interesting reaction to learning that.
She'll probably say "The Praying Mantises! I knew it!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:
She'll probably say "The Praying Mantises! I knew it!"
There is, of course, the possibility that she's long suspected the truth.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I'm sure she's checked his teeth by now.

It's also possible that she won't care and keep on like this even if she knows.
This is Sasha. Not to call her cruel, but she's very single-minded.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

True"
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Vertigo Fox wrote:I'm sure she's checked his teeth by now.
Well, making out would give her more information about the inside of his mouth...
The cape comes with the promotion.