2020/01/22 - No Need To Be Short

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/01/22 - No Need To Be Short

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/01/22 - No Need To Be Short]
Title Text: also it started smelling like raccoons so you might wanna do something about that

Geez, King, why is your mind in the gutter? :P
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/01/22 - No Need To Be Short

Post by Gbr23 »

This is going to be soooooo much fun (for us, not King)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

The real question is, does she know when she does this or is it a bit of an act. I'm not sure Sasha knows anymore.

Very cute and a LONG callback.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This is turning out to be a normal King arc
King being extorted, check
King uncomfortable, check

In case you've forgotten about the doghouse since it was back in Year 2 it was built.

I wonder if the plot is going to be King thinks she's coming on to him when she has zero desire to actually get with him then precedes to go into a frenzy to avoid any chance of said hooking up to happen only to realize that it's all in his head.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I love how King’s ears are alert the whole time.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

What is it with Sasha and her ability to turn every guy she talks to into a blushing mess-
This must be her super power or something
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Never make a girl drop, dear King,
especially when she’s so tall;
she should stride through the entryway
and never have to crawl.
Now we know about her hideaway,
out amongst the Ferals,
where she could go at any time,
away from all her perils.
She’s getting close and intense,
this Mistress of Canine feeling.
And, we can’t help but notice,
someone finds her appealing.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder if Bailey knows about Sasha's cabana? Daisy and the ferals did. Nice bit of carpentry for a corgi to accomplish.

The pups would love it, "Aunt" Sasha!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:This is turning out to be a normal King arc
King being extorted, check
King uncomfortable, check

In case you've forgotten about the doghouse since it was back in Year 2 it was built.

I wonder if the plot is going to be King thinks she's coming on to him when she has zero desire to actually get with him then precedes to go into a frenzy to avoid any chance of said hooking up to happen only to realize that it's all in his head.
Not only was it built in Year 2, we never actually saw King at it. We only learn the builder when she tells Bino..

I tend to agree that's the way this arc seems to be going, but it feels a bit too straightforward. I still think focus will shift in the next few pages. <slips into conspiracy mode> Like, where is Bailey, taking a convalescing Fox to the vet? Will they return onto to have Sasha flip for a husky is an eyepatch and a scar? Will Poncho come home to fall for Sasha? Will Lois stop by to ask King a question and have to peel herself away from the frisky pooch? Only time will tell....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

And Sasha still hasn't "properly" thanked him. In King's defense he got the house from a neighborhood dog so he didn't have much control of the dimensions and from this angle the doorway looks shorter than than King anyway.
The cape comes with the promotion.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Again, we see how Sasha is more perceptive than she lets on. Common knowledge, perhaps, but I just wanted something to say.
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

dr_eirik wrote:<slips into conspiracy mode> Like, where is Bailey, taking a convalescing Fox to the vet? Will they return onto to have Sasha flip for a husky is an eyepatch and a scar?
I, for one, hope Fox will show up for a bit. Not just to see what happened with his eye, but also because we haven’t seen him and King really interacting as friends recently. Not that I think they aren’t friends anymore, just that they haven’t really been able to hang out as often with everything else going on. It would be fun to see them have a little arc together again.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

dr_eirik wrote:The real question is, does she know when she does this or is it a bit of an act. I'm not sure Sasha knows anymore.
I think in this case it was her acting. Seeing how she talked to him and then her sudden shift of tone in the last panel does indicate she is just messing with him.
I doubt she would try to start something with him, since Sasha is friends with his wife and we know how the female husky 'faces' other dogs :lol:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I just now realize that Sasha has bracelets on (Some reason, I never acknowledged her arms).
CuriousCnidarian wrote:Again, we see how Sasha is more perceptive than she lets on. Common knowledge, perhaps, but I just wanted something to say.
Makes you wonder if Sasha is actually smarter then we think...
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I admit I got a chuckle out of today's comic - mainly because I have to figure out if King just being paranoid is part of the course of being a dad for him? also - he clearly still thinks Sasha is going to flirt with him.

Sasha has to know she's being sultry.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Well, well, look who's feeling flirty today....
--

No need to be short,
That's the retort
To King being grumpy
And acting quite frumpy.

I didn't know he built that house,
Nor do I know why he's got to grouse.
Maybe he feels that Sasha misspoke,
Heaven only knows she wouldn't make a short joke.

A doghouse? Now that's a callback
To the times when Sasha did lack
Family, friends, a real dad,
And we all know it made King here quite mad.

We can see that King's ears are up,
Sasha's frightened him, oh, poor pup,
He thinks she's being oh quite flirty,
But no, she's here to tell him her house's quite dirty.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

SeanWolf wrote:I just now realize that Sasha has bracelets on (Some reason, I never acknowledged her arms).
What do you mean you only just now noticed them?! She's always had those!
Last edited by FireworkFox on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

FoxyBoi wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:I just now realize that Sasha has bracelets on (Some reason, I never acknowledged her arms).
Some reason, I never noticed them! :oops:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha must know that she has a way of getting all the guys hot under the collar so to speak and make them blush and trip over themselves and that’s something she does purposely because I don’t think she CAN’T know at this point.

Maybe the reason why she got with Kevin and dated Bino is because they never acted like this around her.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
FoxyBoi wrote:
Some reason, I never noticed them! :oops:
With Sasha, wrists are not usually what draw the observer's gaze. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
With Sasha, wrists are not usually what draw the observer's gaze. ;)
Yeah, its the heart on her... sleeve.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh, lot of fun... :roll: That can sound also like a treat, Sasha. :P She's talking about Jessica's home in the forest, right? Sasha has been there recently... There was no one inside? It wasn't made for you, Sasha, and King didn't made it... Why think so? :P I agree about the short door entrance, though. :lol: Anyway, it smells of various wild critters now. ;)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

This is why I can't get enough of Sasha and why I'm excited for this arc. I'm convinced she's secretly the smartest character in the entire comic.
SeanWolf wrote:Some reason, I never noticed them! :oops:
Don't worry I didn't either :lol:
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Bailey is either going to be very upset with Sasha... Or she’s going to find the whole thing hilarious.

Or she might just join in to make King double-flustered.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Cesco wrote:Eh, lot of fun... :roll: That can sound also like a treat, Sasha. :P She's talking about Jessica's home in the forest, right? Sasha has been there recently... There was no one inside? It wasn't made for you, Sasha, and King didn't made it... Why think so? :P I agree about the short door entrance, though. :lol: Anyway, it smells of various wild critters now. ;)
She's referring to the doghouse that King aquired then renovated, not long after Pete turned him into a dog.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Like the way Sasha in the last panel acts all non-challant x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

JageshemashFTW wrote:Bailey is either going to be very upset with Sasha... Or she’s going to find the whole thing hilarious.

Or she might just join in to make King double-flustered.
I feel like a sit-com entry is coming. King being maximally flustered, Sasha has him in what looks like a compromising position, and then Bailey walks in.

As I like to do, a darker prospect: King actually gets into it and has a bit of a mid-life crisis... but I don't think that he could do that to Bailey.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

King and Sasha do make an intriguing pair - she's so loving and eccentric and he's so neurotic and anxious. I'm hoping for an extended story but not a "Fox-gets-his-heart-broken" saga.

Can't remember - has Sasha ever met Kitsune? That'll make King's head spin. Or Daisy shows up and between Sasha and Daisy, King goes into a brain cramp!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or we have Sasha, Daisy AND Kitsune around him at the same time and the next time we see him is in a mental institution where Lana comes to visit and nags him about not being a good host. XD
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:King and Sasha do make an intriguing pair - she's so loving and eccentric and he's so neurotic and anxious. I'm hoping for an extended story but not a "Fox-gets-his-heart-broken" saga.

Can't remember - has Sasha ever met Kitsune? That'll make King's head spin. Or Daisy shows up and between Sasha and Daisy, King goes into a brain cramp!
I think if he'd somehow fallen for and married Sasha, he'd have been forced to br more dog because she wouldhave pushed him. I also think she'd have driven him mad because he needs a bit more stability.

Sasha has never been part of the supernatural stuff in the strip, other than Pete's cryptic line that she was protected, a remark the was never explained.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Okay, so maybe we won't have as much romantic tension in this.

At least not with King.
GameCobra wrote:I admit I got a chuckle out of today's comic - mainly because I have to figure out if King just being paranoid is part of the course of being a dad for him? also - he clearly still thinks Sasha is going to flirt with him.

Sasha has to know she's being sultry.
Even if she doesn't, Fox probably told King about what happened in the onsen.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:King and Sasha do make an intriguing pair - she's so loving and eccentric and he's so neurotic and anxious. I'm hoping for an extended story but not a "Fox-gets-his-heart-broken" saga.

I think if he'd somehow fallen for and married Sasha, he'd have been forced to br more dog because she wouldhave pushed him. I also think she'd have driven him mad because he needs a bit more stability.

Sasha has never been part of the supernatural stuff in the strip, other than Pete's cryptic line that she was protected, a remark the was never explained.
Rick does like to leave a few "cryptic lines" around - they often get developed much later.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

NHWestoN wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

Rick does like to leave a few "cryptic lines" around - they often get developed much later.
"Later", in this case, is now over 10 years. "It's a Wonderful Dog's Life" was Christmas 2009. And with Pete now being Craig, it may not even matter anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure it doesn't matter anymore simply due to Pete not being a Celestial nor will he be one anytime soon.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Pretty sure it doesn't matter anymore simply due to Pete not being a Celestial nor will he be one anytime soon.
That rather depends on who was protecting her and why, though. If it's not to do with the game, she might have a different heavenly protector.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is actually quite true. We don't know how Pete was going to explain it but if Rick wanted it to come out so we would know who or what was keeping Sasha safe, I don't think he would have taken 10 years to reveal it.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is actually quite true. We don't know how Pete was going to explain it but if Rick wanted it to come out so we would know who or what was keeping Sasha safe, I don't think he would have taken 10 years to reveal it.
This probably belongs in the Headcanons thread, but I always assumed that she was protected by Kitsune, perhaps not specifically but more by the rules. Though its definitely hard to be sure.

I sometimes wonder if Rick has a list somewhere of moments like this and then he pulls them out when they fit the current story. Like if Sasha was really in danger, does Kitsune or another celestial suddenly appear to save her for some reason. Or find out that she is, in fact, a former celestial in the same position as Craig and Draig. Can't allow real harm to come to her since she's being punished, she's too old to remember her past, but she has flashes of brilliance.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Pretty sure it doesn't matter anymore simply due to Pete not being a Celestial nor will he be one anytime soon.
That rather depends on who was protecting her and why, though. If it's not to do with the game, she might have a different heavenly protector.
I always thought it meant Sasha has a guardian angel of some sort.
No one with a bigger agenda, just some deity who makes sure her life isn't too miserable.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just thought of something: are the pups here? Has Sasha met them yet?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
I always thought it meant Sasha has a guardian angel of some sort.
No one with a bigger agenda, just some deity who makes sure her life isn't too miserable.

Well, if Fox has Summer and Spring andf Maxwell has Rufus, why shouldn't Sasha have a cosmic pal to go with her relentlessly ebullient outlook?