2020/01/13 - Seasons Greetings

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/01/13 - Seasons Greetings

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/01/13 - Seasons Greetings]
Title Text: I see Kevin taught you well

At least bring flowers, Sasha...
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Rikunda

Re: 2020/01/13 - Seasons Greetings

Post by Rikunda »

Hmm... Where is this going?
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Yay! Comics back! Sasha's back! Rick's back! All is once again right with the world.

So... how soon do we start speculating wildly about the direction we're headed here? See, I have this theory that involves Steward and the Cubans....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Rikunda wrote:Hmm... Where is this going?
Immediately? Probably shouldn't ask that question(!)

We’re back with the Dog’s life
as King opens the door.
It’s not who he wanted
who knocks him to the floor.
Sasha’s arrived to play,
with passion requisite;
Bailey must have called her
so she can babysit.
They might be going out
or does Sasha need him?
Is there a way for King
to help the lovably dim?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I guess the appropriate seasonal greeting for King is tackling him with a wham through an opened front door. Sasha’s line makes a little more sense when you realize according to the printed version of All The King’s Men the first butt King sniffed was hers.
My guess, Valentines day.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

A King arc. Let me check my abacus to see how long it’s been.

You would think after all this time we would not answer the door but at least he didn't get punched this time.

It wouldn't be a King arc without him making that "I''m too old for this" face. That is classic grouchy King there in the bottom panel.

It looks like there are Fox's place which is unusual. But where is Bailey he asked knowing that either she'll show up soon or have a convenient excuse to not appear in this arc?

Well, safe money is on that Sasha is there for "Love Advice" either from King himself or Fox. "Be Mine" implies that this should be short and probably end roughly around Valentines day.

I really thought this would be about Peanut and Grape since we haven't seen Peanut in...hang on let me check my abacus again.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Rick is totally making this arc just to get Sasha sniff some butts.

Be mine, huh? I'm excited already :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Oh yes King and Sasha again together in an arc!

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:A King arc. Let me check my abacus to see how long it’s been.

You would think after all this time we would not answer the door but at least he didn't get punched this time.

It wouldn't be a King arc without him making that "I''m too old for this" face. That is classic grouchy King there in the bottom panel.

It looks like there are Fox's place which is unusual. But where is Bailey he asked knowing that either she'll show up soon or have a convenient excuse to not appear in this arc?

Well, safe money is on that Sasha is there for "Love Advice" either from King himself or Fox. "Be Mine" implies that this should be short and probably end roughly around Valentines day.

I really thought this would be about Peanut and Grape since we haven't seen Peanut in...hang on let me check my abacus again.

Could be at Foxes place because that is who she intended to tackle, but the Corgi was in the way. Lots of ways this could go, since she could be over to ask for a cup of sugar at this point. Or she broke up with Kevin and is seeking company. That seems unlikely, those two were made for each other.

I kinda forget that King helped Sasha right after he was turned into a dog. I dont think he's ever had real affection for her, beyond not liking how shes been treated.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The lady's direct, you gotta give her that... Always a delight to see our Sasha.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Ay, finally. I joined the forum right in time for the Christmas comic, and then two weeks of filler. I was kinda starting to lose interest, ngl...

"Be Mine" makes me think this is a Valentine's comic.
Champion Wallace wrote:I guess the appropriate seasonal greeting for King is tackling him with a wham through an opened front door. Sasha’s line makes a little more sense when you realize according to the printed version of All The King’s Men the first butt King sniffed was hers.
My guess, Valentines day.
I recently read All The King's Men via the competition thread, did the prose get turned into comic for for the print book?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nope. It's left as a prose, just with a few illustrations for it. Not comic format.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Theory Time: Okay so I already talked about my double date idea but that seems lowkey
Sasha came to King for romantic advice or came to Fox for romantic advice because I feel like Fox is going to have a roll especially after having his eye clawed.
I think Sasha also got freed from her owner like Kevin was talking about a year ago now and maybe they want to celebrate. Sasha wanted to talk to king about being a "free" dog could be a reason she's there.
Also I know that Sasha probably doesn't know King used to be human but part of me wouldn't be surprised if she did.
This could revolve around Fox getting some kind of romantic partner maybe for the double date. Like Sasha invites him and King as a good wingman helps Fox find someone but that feels awfully similar to Fox getting Sasha to go out with all those guys for Bino.
This is fun. I wasn't going to do this so soon but it is what I do.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

"Be mine" implies it has something to do with Valentine.
We see King and Sasha....so is it a story about Bailey and King or Sasha and Kevin?
Or is there a twist :shock:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:Theory Time: Okay so I already talked about my double date idea but that seems lowkey
Sasha came to King for romantic advice or came to Fox for romantic advice because I feel like Fox is going to have a roll especially after having his eye clawed.
I think Sasha also got freed from her owner like Kevin was talking about a year ago now and maybe they want to celebrate. Sasha wanted to talk to king about being a "free" dog could be a reason she's there.
Also I know that Sasha probably doesn't know King used to be human but part of me wouldn't be surprised if she did.
This could revolve around Fox getting some kind of romantic partner maybe for the double date. Like Sasha invites him and King as a good wingman helps Fox find someone but that feels awfully similar to Fox getting Sasha to go out with all those guys for Bino.
I'll toss this theory out for a bit:

I'm guessing Sasha is coming to King to try out his crazy marriage idea, but considers it akin to a game rather than vows.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Ooh, a King arc. I’m hyped.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:Theory Time: Okay so I already talked about my double date idea but that seems lowkey

It would be hilarious, and feels on brand for Rick, to find out Sasha figured out he was a former human ages ago and just never said anything. And it comes up in front of several dogs... oh, it's starting again....

<Fox, Sasha, Bailey and King are on a low key double date at a pet freindly fast food place>

Bailey: Are you broken up with Kevin?
Sasha: I still like him! But he's always at work! I want someone who has time for me.
Fox: You realize I have the same schedule as him? We work together.
Sasha: Since when?
Fox: <stares a moment> 4 years. Sasha, I tried to stop my partner from arresting you. I was in uniform!
Sasha: Oh, that. I though you were tagging along because you were jealous of my Kevin. <turns to King> You know, I always wondered, how did you get such a good girl like Bailey since you were human before?
<All three gape at her>
King: <trying to pass it off as a joke> Who told you that? Was it Mungo? He's s such a kidder...
Sasha: <Looks worried > I'm sorry, didnt he tell you?
Bailey: I found out when he was forced to admit it because a huge magical Griffin was in our bedroom making threats!
Fox: I found out the day before we went to Australia after I found King turned human again! <slightly shamed> I beat him up. Sorry again about that.
King: I deserved more that you gave. <looks back at Sasha> Its a little more out there now, but how did you find out? When?
Sasha: <takes a French fry and waves it around> Oh, I figured it out just watching this cutie work on that doghouse he got for me. It was in how you moved and talked. I could tell you were a human in a dog body.
King: You never told anyone? You never even asked me if it was true?
Sasha: Bah, what's the fun in that? I wanted to figure out who you were first!
Fox: Did you figure that out?
Sasha: Not yet, but I have it narrowed down to either Danny DeVito or Telly Savalas...
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:Sasha: Not yet, but I have it narrowed down to either Danny DeVito or Telly Savalas...
At least she didn't pick Gilbert Gottfried.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

dr_eirik wrote:Sasha: Not yet, but I have it narrowed down to either Danny DeVito or Telly Savalas...
From now on I will always imagine King with the voice of Danny Devito...now he needs to eat garbage :lol:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nice to see Sasha's back! Though I wonder if this arc is going to be a Valentine's Day story.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Well, if Bailey never got to, then why should Sasha be able to?

Where's Bailey gone? She need a vacation?
That's left up to imagination.
King, why're you moping around the house?
Get outside, don't hide and grouse.

Oh, wait, I see why you haven't gone outside,
My bad, I hope you'll let it slide
That I didn't see you pinned under there,
But where'd Sasha come from, where oh where?

Sasha, it's Valentine's, you've got a bounce in your step,
But learn to calm down, King doesn't share that kind of pep.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh this is either going to be really emotional or just crazy fun hijinks. Can't wait to see where this goes
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I wonder why she's here...
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

My mind went to Sasha trying to get with King. Don't do that.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Zesortinge wrote:My mind went to Sasha trying to get with King. Don't do that.

I think we are supposed to go there, but I doubt that's where we are actually going. Even as ditzy as Sasha is, I doubt that she'd try to come between King and Bailey.

I think this is going to be about Fox.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

dr_eirik wrote:I think this is going to be about Fox.
I hope so! It's about time Fox got some love!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

My heart soared when I saw this was going to be a King arc (or so I presume). He and Sasha are a great duo, looking forward to wherever this leads.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

D-Rock wrote:Nope. It's left as a prose, just with a few illustrations for it. Not comic format.
Ah, alright. Guess they're just not for my eyes, then, since I don't plan on getting physical copies.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that Bailey would take it too well to see that her best friend wants to seemingly become more than friends with her husband. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FoxyBoi wrote:
I always liked the Fox-Sasha match-up. However, events back in the KeeneSpa arc (and various comments on that arc) made it rather emphatic that Kevin-Sasha was the canon couple for the time being, if not all time. (Okay, Housepets time........) So I'm kinda inclined to some sort of Valentine's thing.

Or maybe "Aunt Sasha" will have a tale or two for the puppies. That could be seriously charming (and funny). Maybe with her ol'pal, Daisy.......... Maybe. ;)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:
FoxyBoi wrote:
I always liked the Fox-Sasha match-up. However, events back in the KeeneSpa arc (and various comments on that arc) made it rather emphatic that Kevin-Sasha was the canon couple for the time being, if not all time. (Okay, Housepets time........) So I'm kinda inclined to some sort of Valentine's thing.

Or maybe "Aunt Sasha" will have a tale or two for the puppies. That could be seriously charming (and funny). Maybe with her ol'pal, Daisy.......... Maybe. ;)
Maybe "Aunt Sasha" IS there to baby-sit and tell stories, so King and Bailey can have the night to themselves again.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

The comic is back with Sasha and King? Very cool! :D Has been really a long time since their last interaction. ;) Eheh, another new scene of King opening a door, and this time the knob seems to be more close to his height. :P Wow, Sasha, but a brake on your enthusiasm. :D You know he's married and with puppies, right? And, be careful in case Bailey would really come back early... :?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
FoxyBoi wrote:

Sasha/Kevin is the current couple, but Sasha is flighty and dogs dont follow our notions. It's possible that we are going to see King fall into one of those moments, like grooming the puppies, where his human understanding of dog behavior doent match . Could be as small as Sasha looking for advice and he gives her awful (human cantric) advise, to she wants in on their marriage (dogs are pack animals, just because we haven't seen multiple mates doesn't mean it doesn't happen) , to her wanting pups but for some reason Kevin cant be a father

I doubt that it's any of this, other than she might have her sights set on Fox and King (perhaps not knowing the full history there gives bad advice.

Unlike the last arc, I kinda suspect we'll get answers right away. The next page is either her dumping out why shes there, or Bailey walking in one second after the last frame.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Agreed with everyone hypothesizing that this’ll be about Valentines Day and involve Fox. I hope we’ll get to see soon if he’s wearing an eyepatch or has heterochromia but can see just fine after Steward slashed at him. As well, I’m curious to see if this is an arc where we see more of Mungo and Fox bonding and possibly having grown closer.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote:Agreed with everyone hypothesizing that this’ll be about Valentines Day and involve Fox. I hope we’ll get to see soon if he’s wearing an eyepatch or has heterochromia but can see just fine after Steward slashed at him. As well, I’m curious to see if this is an arc where we see more of Mungo and Fox bonding and possibly having grown closer.

In my experience, hetrochromia from an injury would mean the eye is basically dead. If you were born that way it can be largely irrelevant to vision. The best case for Fox is that the slashes did nothing more than superficial wounds. Worst case is loss of the eye. I suspect were going somewhere between.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ash Greytree wrote:Agreed with everyone hypothesizing that this’ll be about Valentines Day and involve Fox. I hope we’ll get to see soon if he’s wearing an eyepatch or has heterochromia but can see just fine after Steward slashed at him. As well, I’m curious to see if this is an arc where we see more of Mungo and Fox bonding and possibly having grown closer.
We might get a good ole fashioned King and Fox dynamic duo story. Ever since Heaven's Not Enough they've essentially drifted farther apart. It would be good to see them back together again. I love Mungo but he can sit this one out. This is Bro time and when I say Bro Time I mean the real bros.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:You would think after all this time we would not answer the door but at least he didn't get punched this time.
Someone has to do the human thing around there, and King still wants to do human things.
dr_eirik wrote:It would be hilarious, and feels on brand for Rick, to find out Sasha figured out he was a former human ages ago and just never said anything.
Well, has she hecked his heeth ho hake hure yet?
Zesortinge wrote:My mind went to Sasha trying to get with King. Don't do that.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I don't think that Bailey would take it too well to see that her best friend wants to seemingly become more than friends with her husband. :|
Don’t forget that they are dogs (and naked all the time). To them sniffing butts is less intimate than a special handshake. It’s also ambiguous if Sasha wants them to sniff each other’s butts or other people’s butts (aka go meet new people).
CuriousCnidarian wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Nope. It's left as a prose, just with a few illustrations for it. Not comic format.
Ah, alright. Guess they're just not for my eyes, then, since I don't plan on getting physical copies.
Don't worry too much; the majority of the story is the same as Two_Twig‘a post.
The cape comes with the promotion.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Champion Wallace wrote:Well, has she hecked his heeth ho hake hure yet?
I don't think anything along these lines is going to happen, but technically she is only saying that you'd have to check the teeth just to see if they were a human in a dog suit. She never mentions that King was once human.

Why am I defending a point that I don't even think is going to happen? 8-)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:You would think after all this time we would not answer the door but at least he didn't get punched this time.
Someone has to do the human thing around there, and King still wants to do human things.
The human thing to do would get a video doorbell and check who it is with his phone.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

dr_eirik wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Well, has she hecked his heeth ho hake hure yet?
I don't think anything along these lines is going to happen, but technically she is only saying that you'd have to check the teeth just to see if they were a human in a dog suit. She never mentions that King was once human.

Why am I defending a point that I don't even think is going to happen? 8-)
Have you seen the recent plots?

I don't think there is any point that can't be considered 'possibly going to happen' now.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)