[ The Joke Is Violence ]

Title Text: can you get up please, my nose is inverted

Ah, finally, I can have a new Fox's Butt avatar. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: 2019/12/20 - The Joke Is Violence

Post by Obbl »

Karishad rushing in to fix the door with a brand new one that he keeps on hand just for such emergencies :lol:
Frank

Post by Frank »

All hail the fetcher of the opening ways!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Well, he didnt get away. And Mungo is partnered up with fox. Also, coins gone flying, and Karishad is on door repair. All in all, pretty eventful.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Frank

Post by Frank »

Wait, in that first panel, Steward doesn't seem sure why they'd want the coin. Could this mean *gasp* he's innocent?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Alright! Now they just need to reverse-use the coin! That should be easy... right?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Frank wrote:Wait, in that first panel, Steward doesn't seem sure why they'd want the coin. Could this mean *gasp* he's innocent?
Thing is, hes not innocent. He's flat out guilty of white collar crimes against the Milton estate for what has to be a tidy sum. But I's he running because he thinks they have him for that, or because he's behind the transformation or both?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

So . . .
I have no idea how this can all be wrapped up in two pages without feeling hugely rushed, especially since one is going to feature a several months flash-forward.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It would have been more satisfying if Lois did it or there was a snare trap but this feels more logical. Although the fact that Mungo is involved now seems strange. Everyone is here!

I think the way Steward is looking at the coin is very peculiar. He has this "This coin has been nothing but a curse on my life" expression. Or it could be a gollum type expression depending on how you look at it.

Okay so the coin is flying out of his paw. That isn't good. That means if someone shady figure picks it up then there will be Heck to pay later.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nobody wrote:So . . .
I have no idea how this can all be wrapped up in two pages without feeling hugely rushed, especially since one is going to feature a several months flash-forward.

I'm sure it wont be. We are at the end of the beginning, oddly with no more answers than when Marion woke up. I suspect we will follow this mystery for some time.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Frank wrote:Wait, in that first panel, Steward doesn't seem sure why they'd want the coin. Could this mean *gasp* he's innocent?
I think that's the look of someone realizing he probably shouldn't have kept the cursed coin in the first place, innocent or not.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Steward ran quite a ways and is just now passing Karishad. I wonder why he keeps the spare door so far away.
dr_eirik wrote:Well, he didn't get away. And Mungo is partnered up with fox. Also, coins gone flying, and Karishad is on door repair. All in all, pretty eventful.
With Steward losing grip of the coin that's sure going to lead to some confusion once they start talking.
dr_eirik wrote:
I'm sure it wont be. We are at the end of the beginning, oddly with no more answers than when Marion woke up. I suspect we will follow this mystery for some time.
That's not true, Great Kitsune was uncharacteristically helpful.
fenrirblack wrote:I think the way Steward is looking at the coin is very peculiar. He has this "This coin has been nothing but a curse on my life" expression. Or it could be a gollum type expression depending on how you look at it.
My impression is it's the former, but it's hard to tell.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

dr_eirik wrote:
But there has to be some kind of resolution. Not all answers must be given, but in the next two pages, we need to establish what, if anything, Steward tells the cops, what happens to Steward, what happened to the coin, what Marion and Lois do next, and we flash forward to Christmas. And all that is just assuming if we get no definitive answers to any of the questions the arc itself has raised. In two pages - keeping in mind 3-4 panels per page - all that feels like it's going to be a huge exposition dump if there's no time to really flesh out the moments.

This arc has been super exhausting to get through for how slowly it progressed and now that it's almost over, all I can think is, "No, it can't be over yet!"

Life. Go figure.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The running is futile, as Steward knows,
now Fox has taken him off his toes
and forced the wily suspect to eat dirt;
at the speed he hit, that just had to hurt.
Fox shows the training he’s been given;
firm, not racked by indecision;
he’s become a credit to his trainer.
(but will he tell? A no-brainer).
Where is Kari off to now, I wonder?
And what’s his new piece of plunder?
A worry now strikes, a bit like thunder.
Is it from the temple that got rent asunder?

Well, Kari does have a large collection of temple stuff...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Anyone else getting a "Sum of All Fears" vibe? "The bomb is in play!"

What's that old line about better the devil you know then the devil you don't. If Stewart has lost the coin it's far game now. The question is who will get it? Pete/Craig? Jessica? A soon to be ex-human?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Anyone else getting a "Sum of All Fears" vibe? "The bomb is in play!"

What's that old line about better the devil you know then the devil you don't. If Stewart has lost the coin it's far game now. The question is who will get it? Pete/Craig? Jessica? A soon to be ex-human?
Or Fox as he bags up the evidence? Y'know, as he's right there and knows how to do his job?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

I really cannot tell if he ran because of Keene in the room or because they mentioned the gold coin. See this is why the writing is awesome here!
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Well, he didn't get far. That was a good tackle.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Well we do know Fox had an excellent teachnique before, but getting his weight up really gave his tackles the edge :mrgreen:
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Dissension wrote:Ah, finally, I can have a new Fox's Butt avatar. :3
And now I have to look at it everytime you post.
Wunderbar!
Obbl wrote:Karishad rushing in to fix the door with a brand new one that he keeps on hand just for such emergencies :lol:
That, or he is just putting the old one back in.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Obbl wrote:Karishad rushing in to fix the door with a brand new one that he keeps on hand just for such emergencies :lol:
That, or he is just putting the old one back in.
I did think of this and both are hilarious possibilities :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Karishad - "The Closer of Ways".....
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Xane wrote:I guess badger instincts didn't come with the new body!
Didn’t come naturally with King's new body, either. Remember the time he tried to shave early in the morning?
Maybe Steward slammed it open so hard, he broke it off the hinge. Maybe Karishad is bringing back the actual door.

Also, Fox really has gotten good at tackling. Steward's lack of instinct aside.
Ninkurou

Getting the truth will be HARD!

Post by Ninkurou »

Fun fact: The Badger is the world's most fearless animal according to the guiness records.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... ey-badger/

They have trick skin which protect then from bee stings, porcupine quills, animal bites and human's ancient spears. As they are tough and strong this allow then to fight with much larger predators like lions.

They also have poison resistence, so they might eat poisonous snakes without caring about being bitten... Due to their resistence, they also eat scorpions and bee larvas...

In this story, this might translate to: "No amount of intimidation will work on him to get the trings that he know about the coin out."
However, I do not know how different grape and peanut's universe badgers are different from feral badgers from other universes. They can pretty well be softer due to being more civilized.
Jixstun

Post by Jixstun »

So they got him. I didn't think he'd get far.

I imagine the next page or 2 will be the interrogation, followed by... THE BOMBSHELL REVEAL!

"You fools! You thought it was the Badger, but it was actually I all along... THE PIZZA DELIVERY GUY!"
VeryAngryDeer

Re: Getting the truth will be HARD!

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Ninkurou wrote:Fun fact: The Badger is the world's most fearless animal according to the guiness records.
Not quite. The Honey Badger is a weasel, not a badger. They just look similar.
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:Also, coins gone flying...
I noticed that. I wonder what small woodland animal will grab it before they can find it and innocently hide the evidence?
Ninkurou wrote:Fun fact: The Badger is the world's most fearless animal according to the guiness records.
That's the African honey-badger, the toughest of all the badgers. There's other badgers, like the European badger (Beatrix Potter's Tommy Brock), the American badger (Steward), Japanese badger (kind of like a faded version of the European badger), hog badger, and so on.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:Not quite. The Honey Badger is a weasel, not a badger. They just look similar.
All badgers are weasels (mustelidae), and yes they are in multiple separate genera. The honey badger is probably more closely related to the European badger than the American badger is.
Last edited by Argent on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
CobaltLion

Post by CobaltLion »

Argent wrote:
I noticed that. I wonder what small woodland animal will grab it before they can find it and innocently hide the evidence?
I wonder if that would turn them into a human? Or wait...double-animal. Hybrid? Maybe I'm over thinking this.
Argent

Post by Argent »

CobaltLion wrote:I wonder if that would turn them into a human? Or wait...double-animal. Hybrid? Maybe I'm over thinking this.
The temple crashers weren't affected by the dungeon gold, they just didn't get any out because they thought it was fake (and Star Trek costumes didn't have pockets).
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wellp, guess that theory is starting to look bad. Obsessing over that coin.

Also, He's going to drop the coin and the cycle is going to continue on Christmas, isn't it?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
Fox is right there, actively LOOKING for the coin and it can't have gone more than a few feet. It's very likely (but not certain) that he has the coin in hand next episode.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good tackle, Fox, Kevin will be proud.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Are we sure that Karishad is doing repairs and not just running off with something?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Fox is right there, actively LOOKING for the coin and it can't have gone more than a few feet. It's very likely (but not certain) that he has the coin in hand next episode.
Would be more convincing if I hadn't on too many occasions dropped a small object in the bush while I actually had my eye on it, and then spent fifteen minutes looking for it.

(Monday, Trinket catches the coin in midair and flies off. Finally lands on a branch. "Ahem." Turns around. Marion's standing there leaning against the trunk.)
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Argent wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Fox is right there, actively LOOKING for the coin and it can't have gone more than a few feet. It's very likely (but not certain) that he has the coin in hand next episode.
Would be more convincing if I hadn't on too many occasions dropped a small object in the bush while I actually had my eye on it, and then spent fifteen minutes looking for it.

(Monday, Trinket catches the coin in midair and flies off. Finally lands on a branch. "Ahem." Turns around. Marion's standing there leaning against the trunk.)
Probably.

Oh boy, where's the coin gone?
I hope this won't mean more trouble...
Steward's caught, his time is up,
Sorry to burst your bubble.
Fox and friends have caught the trickster,
Now his time is done,
But was he really behind all this?
Soon we'll know for sure.
Kari's bending reality again,
Going to replace the door,
Maybe it was him behind it?
Who else could it have been?
We don't have many more answers
As this arc draws to a close,
All we have's two more furs,
And Steward says they broke his nose.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nice job on the tackle, Fox! I do find it interesting that Steward was eyeing the coin in the first panel...although with the tackle, I wonder if he lost the coin then.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

It's nice to see Fox and Mungo together again.
trekkie wrote:Good tackle, Fox, Kevin will be proud.
I bet he will!
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Not quite. The Honey Badger is a weasel, not a badger. They just look similar.
What?! My life has been a lie!!!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
tomindex

Post by tomindex »

I think the badger is the squirrels dad who gave up his human life for gold.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That "WHAM" is probably the most cushiest "WHAM" ever.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

tomindex wrote:I think the badger is the squirrels dad who gave up his human life for gold.
We know exactly who Steward is and how he came to be a grumpy badger. He didn't give up his human life, Thomas spat the coin directly into his hand. Neither of them seemed to expect anything to happen, so either Thomas was really dense, or perhaps they thought the coin wouldn't have any power after the temple collapsed. Honestly, it's a toss-up (pun intended) which it is.
Last edited by Nobody on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.