2019/12/09 - Heaven Is Apace On Earth

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2019/12/09 - Heaven Is Apace On Earth

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Mr. Whisper wrote:I understand he has to be careful about how he handles the situation, but there comes a point where it stops being indirect and roundabout for necessity and starts just being deliberately, sadistically unhelpful.
Kitsune is a trickster. Archypally, tricksters that aren't actively malevolent usually help people by tricking them into helping themselves. In the end, they teach people how to do things. And if nothing else, we've seen that Marion needs to learn to stand up and do it for himself, as he's kind of a wet blanket. Not sure what Lois is gonna learn, but I'm sure we'll see something come up sooner or later. Kitsu willl help along the way, but it will be indirect. It's like God said in Futurama, "When you've done it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Lois needs to learn to loosen up. From the onset she’s been rigid and inflexible. At times these would be more admirable qualities but in a fast changing environment could cause her and those around her problems.

As far as a Kitsune is concerned, as others have mentioned until we know the cause of the curses there isn’t a role for him to have beyond guide. As annoying as it is this may have nothing to do with the celestials, the aftermath of the Game, or really fall under Kitsunes Responsibility. King was part of the Game and as referee or GM, he was Kitsunes responsibility as was Satau but that was easily resolved and Kitsune knew it. The events in the Temple were a gray area as the events were all of Heavens responsibly to keep forces of both celestial and demonic forces away from mortals. The coin is trickier because it’s Pete’s doing combined with human greed and actions. Steward would technically be an innocent victim (take that as you will) and any others would be as well which unfortunately is part of life like being killed randomly in the street. Heavenly forces such as the coin shouldn’t be in mortal hands but since no one is actively trying to retrieve it, there is nothing we can do right now. Long speech short, until we know the exact cause of the transformations we can’t blame Kitsune for not fixing it out right because it may have literally nothing to do with him. Honestly if he said that up front instead of giving some weird philosophy mumbo then this would go smoother. Seriously was that second part in the second panel even necessary?
He's establishing his reasons.

The audience knows them, but not these folks. Even from pre-humans, the concept of gods who grant wishes is probably the most biggest red light that Kitsune is trying to avoid - as he mentioned in the second panel.

What i'm just trying to figure out, as you mentioned, is what Kitsune will be up to at this point and what kind of plans he has for everyone - if any. He could be just watching from the sidelines after this, but it's hard to figure that out without an exact idea what his role in all this becomes afterwards other than 'it amuses me', which 'can' work, but I don't see Kitsune as the passive type.

My guess is he's waiting for someone or something to happen that only he knows.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I certainly found the information entertaining :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...And educational. Yah learn a lot on this forum!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Silly Zealot wrote:Why don't these gods ask whoever created the Earth for cool ideas instead of waiting for us bozos to invent storytelling?
That's not how algorithms work.
Silly Zealot wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:If he didn't want to solve their problem, then why did he ask what he could do for them? I wonder what Great Kitsune would be if he wasn't a kitsune.
A butt.
Are you sure he isn't one now? ;)
Nobody wrote:Also, "thought mine of the gods." Pretty sure I've come across that D&D module.
OotS1144.png
OotS1144.png (95.67 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Mr. Whisper wrote:I figured the point of their punishment was to learn the perspective of mortals so they would think twice about pulling something as arrogant as The Game again.
Dragon and Pete may have been playing unconventually, but a book 4 exclusive revieled U&U was invented to be good for maturing demigods.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If only they had managed to get that version and learn from it then all of the shenanigans that they pulled with another version.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If only they had managed to get that version and learn from it then all of the shenanigans that they pulled with another version.
Repurposing maybe … sort of like using gunpowder for dental surgery.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Granted, they were playing that version before the duel and it's not designed to teach them not to be monsters per se, but that combating evil is a good thing to do (to put things very simply).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They just ended up going way overboard in how they were gonna do it and lost sight about the true goal.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Nobody wrote:Also, "thought mine of the gods." Pretty sure I've come across that D&D module.
OotS1144.png
I don't think Housepets! is one of those "the gods are literally created and sustained by people's belief in them" kind of stories.

I don't think being the operating word here.
Champion Wallace wrote:
Mr. Whisper wrote:I figured the point of their punishment was to learn the perspective of mortals so they would think twice about pulling something as arrogant as The Game again.
Dragon and Pete may have been playing unconventually, but a book 4 exclusive revieled U&U was invented to be good for maturing demigods.
Word up!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!