2019/12/02 - Visiting Day

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/12/02 - Visiting Day

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/12/02 - Visiting Day]
Title Text: he tried dumping the statue elsewhere but it keeps mysteriously reappearing, usually in a slightly more provocative pose and the plaque changed to "can't get rid of me that easily"

Hey, King's here!

Aaaand he's gone. :lol:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2019/12/02 - Visiting Day

Post by IceKitsune »

He wants nothing to do with this at all. And I don't blame him :lol:
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I’d say Great Kitsune had good deduction if he wasn’t omniscient. The title text confirms why King still has the statue, but we’re still waiting on how Keene knows he has the statue. I don’t know if it counts as in-public since the only uninitiated who would see him are the wolfs and the puppies, but I noted Kitsune is sporting multiple tails.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Heheh the the alt text says it all
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Enter Kitsune, exit King.

I suspect this is the last time we see home for the rest of the arc. Must be 3asy to pack when you dont wear clothes.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Dat alt text. We all saw that coming.

Can't keep running away forever King.
Char89Charizard

Post by Char89Charizard »

I told you, King's not gonna be happy if it involves Kitsune. He even packs his suitcase just to get the **** away from the tricky fox demigod.

Mod Edit: Sorry, use of that word as profanity is not allowed.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Sweet Beloved Kitsune, Oh how I've missed you. Although The fact that Kitsune knew that they were coming and yet felt no need to intervene before now is kinda annoying.

My original idea for a boarding house is coming true but that was fairly obvious it would happen. Marion and Lois dodged that bullet considering they can still live with their parents but that does imply that more humans are going to be turned into animals before this is over because as we've seen the ferals are not interested.

If King is leaving for a month, I'm going to assume he never got that job. He could just be staying at Bill's place but I doubt he would need a suitcase and that it wouldn't be nearly far enough away.

If King is that ready to just up and leave, Maybe it's time to move out and find their own place? Just a suggestion.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:Sweet Beloved Kitsune, Oh how I've missed you. Although The fact that Kitsune knew that they were coming and yet felt no need to intervene before now is kinda annoying.

My original idea for a boarding house is coming true but that was fairly obvious it would happen. Marion and Lois dodged that bullet considering they can still live with their parents but that does imply that more humans are going to be turned into animals before this is over because as we've seen the ferals are not interested.

If King is leaving for a month, I'm going to assume he never got that job. He could just be staying at Bill's place but I doubt he would need a suitcase and that it wouldn't be nearly far enough away.

If King is that ready to just up and leave, Maybe it's time to move out and find their own place? Just a suggestion.

Kitsune is his own being, so he could have appeared anytime. But he only appears when people come to him. I totally find that in character for him. He is the embodiment of annoying.

I also dont think you can take King literally. Saying a month is just an exaggeration. And going to Bill's might still be their destination. I suspect we will never know.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:If King is that ready to just up and leave, Maybe it's time to move out and find their own place? Just a suggestion.
The statue would probably follow him. At this point, Kitsu's probably just doing it for the giggles.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nobody wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:If King is that ready to just up and leave, Maybe it's time to move out and find their own place? Just a suggestion.
The statue would probably follow him. At this point, Kitsu's probably just doing it for the giggles.
I think that's part of it. I also think he feels at least a little responsible and wants to keep an eye on him and the family. It's hard to say with him.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Nobody wrote:
Poor King is the unofficial statue keeper. I know why this happens. So whenever someone needs to talk to him they know where to go. Kitsune can go around and annoy anyone (and he does), but if someone actually needs him they can easily find him PLUS it annoys King to no end. But I wonder if Kitsune longs for King's acceptance and trust. Is he doing this to simply annoy King or does he want King to like him? The ultimate triumph would be to finally earn King's friendship. Like in Green Eggs and Ham. Or BoJack and Mr. Peanut Butter.
dr_eirik wrote:I think that's part of it. I also think he feels at least a little responsible and wants to keep an eye on him and the family. It's hard to say with him.
I could see that if the Pete and Olive ship actually pans out.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He’s been waiting
for a guy like her
to come into his life.
He’s been waiting
for someone new
to add to his strife...

Life for Kitsune is poetry
the rhythm of things to be;
moving from ship to shore,
at home on an unseen sea.
He knew they were coming;
he knows what the plot is.
How does he know all this?
It’s plainly all his biz.
Life for Kitsune is a song
where only he can sense the beat.
King knows the smart thing
to do here is just to retreat.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

The funny thing is, I don't think King's carrying on does a bit of good. If anything, it might make the supernatural more likely to involve him. As the unicorn said in The Last Unicorn, "You must never run from anything immortal. It attracts their attention."

So, if Kitsune was expecting a visit, it must mean he knows something is up. Which, conversely, means he probably already knows what is up. So, look for Wednesday to be the obligatory, "Hello, you really exist?" gag, and probably explanations to begin Friday.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I do wonder if he's lonely though. I mean, his only friends were turned into mortals so he doesn't have anyone to play with. He has to use tricks and deceit to get anyone to hang out with him. The only time anyone comes to him is if they have a problem. We've never seen him hanging out with anyone else. Do any of the other celestials like him besides Cerberus who is working all the time? He was hanging out with Pete and Dragon who were NOT popular so if that was the case he must not have had much of a social life in Heaven. It makes me realize that Kitsune is vastly underdeveloped. We know nothing about his true motives or personality besides toying with everyone he comes across but we don't know the real Kitsune. Does he envy mortals for their bonds that form? Is that why he has this weird obsession with them and is always hanging down on Earth?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if he's lonely though. I mean, his only friends were turned into mortals so he doesn't have anyone to play with. He has to use tricks and deceit to get anyone to hang out with him. The only time anyone comes to him is if they have a problem. We've never seen him hanging out with anyone else. Do any of the other celestials like him besides Cerberus who is working all the time? He was hanging out with Pete and Dragon who were NOT popular so if that was the case he must not have had much of a social life in Heaven. It makes me realize that Kitsune is vastly underdeveloped. We know nothing about his true motives or personality besides toying with everyone he comes across but we don't know the real Kitsune. Does he envy mortals for their short lives and bonds that form because of it? Is that why he has this weird obsession with them and is always hanging down on Earth?
I'm not sure Dragon and Pete were his 'friends' more than 'people he met'.

And we've seen 'Kidsune' hanging out with the Nerd Collective. Kitsune is there to have fun but he limits himself to fun that doesn't hurt mortals. He's a good guy but believes Mortals need to work their own problems out without much in the way of help. Guidance is tightly controlled.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Transformations require transitions, eh? Probably something puppies should not be exposed to..........
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if he's lonely though. I mean, his only friends were turned into mortals so he doesn't have anyone to play with. He has to use tricks and deceit to get anyone to hang out with him. The only time anyone comes to him is if they have a problem. We've never seen him hanging out with anyone else. Do any of the other celestials like him besides Cerberus who is working all the time? He was hanging out with Pete and Dragon who were NOT popular so if that was the case he must not have had much of a social life in Heaven. It makes me realize that Kitsune is vastly underdeveloped. We know nothing about his true motives or personality besides toying with everyone he comes across but we don't know the real Kitsune. Does he envy mortals for their short lives and bonds that form because of it? Is that why he has this weird obsession with them and is always hanging down on Earth?
I'm not sure Dragon and Pete were his 'friends' more than 'people he met'.

And we've seen 'Kidsune' hanging out with the Nerd Collective. Kitsune is there to have fun but he limits himself to fun that doesn't hurt mortals. He's a good guy but believes Mortals need to work their own problems out without much in the way of help. Guidance is tightly controlled.
If I was friends with Pete and Dragon I wouldn't want to admit it either. "Do you know these two?" "Nope, we just met."

Even with the Geek Squad, he's still not showing who he really is and maybe's that's for the best but why doesn't anyone ever just ask him to hang out instead of coming to him whenever their is a crisis. Just because he's an immortal being doesn't mean that he doesn't want to have friends and be wanted for more than just his magic and omnipotence. He keeps forcing his way into people's lives so maybe we should be asking why? Is it to protect them or watch over them or guide them? Why does he want to do that? Because he likes them. What is about the mortals that he likes? If we got to really know Kitsune we might find he is more complex than we realize.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

As Fenrir pointed out, another boarding house being set up is definitely a plot point to keep an eye on. It may even be the focus of these upcoming strips, after whatever revelations arise from their meeting with Kitsune.

The ECP is going to start introducing more prey animals to the program, as per what Lana said, and they’re going to need a space to live. Keene wants to make this all “A thing”. My guess: The “thing” in question could very well be the construction of this new house and filling it in with a mix of predator and prey species. This would be in an attempt to acclimate both pred and prey to the fact that, in the future society that Keene wants where animals have equal rights with humans, the traditional “laws of the jungle” won’t apply and they need to learn to coexist.

In this scenario, Marion & Lois move into the boarding house and become acquainted with some new characters both pred and prey alike, teach them how to behave in human society, and eventually become friends with them.

Now, with this hypothetical, that’d beg the question: Why couldn’t the two just live in with their families and participate in the ECP at the same time? First off, that’s a whole lot less interesting of a premise. Second, we have no idea how Lois’ family will react; they could disown her, leaving her with that one choice of going to the boarding house and Marion shows solidarity by joining her. Third, Keene could offer them free college tuition to take online classes from top universities if they agree to serve as part-time ECP coaches for their animal housemates if they move in.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if he's lonely though. I mean, his only friends were turned into mortals so he doesn't have anyone to play with.
There's still the two unnamed members of the gaming group. They probably haven't been turned mortal. Also as a celestial he experiences time subjectively. A 60 year wait should be nothing to him.
fenrirblack wrote:why doesn't anyone ever just ask him to hang out instead of coming to him whenever their is a crisis.
Great Kitsune does have a history of breaking people who gets to know him, what with King, Tarot, and Lester.
fenrirblack wrote:It makes me realize that Kitsune is vastly underdeveloped... If we got to really know Kitsune we might find he is more complex than we realize.
"Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to."
The cape comes with the promotion.
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

Poor king! Nice to see him and the pups agai- aaaand they’re gone
Image Image Image
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:I do wonder if he's lonely though. I mean, his only friends were turned into mortals so he doesn't have anyone to play with. He has to use tricks and deceit to get anyone to hang out with him. The only time anyone comes to him is if they have a problem. We've never seen him hanging out with anyone else. Do any of the other celestials like him besides Cerberus who is working all the time? He was hanging out with Pete and Dragon who were NOT popular so if that was the case he must not have had much of a social life in Heaven. It makes me realize that Kitsune is vastly underdeveloped. We know nothing about his true motives or personality besides toying with everyone he comes across but we don't know the real Kitsune. Does he envy mortals for their bonds that form? Is that why he has this weird obsession with them and is always hanging down on Earth?
I'd like to see that.

I've had idle shower thoughts in the past about what I'd do if confronted with demigods or other beings from a higher plane of existence. Making friends with them would be neat, and is pretty much the opposite reaction to how most fictional characters behave when they meet such beings. Kitsune at least seems like the sort of person that's open to friendship.

In the examples of Tarot and Lester, they both had character flaws that they were taking out on Kitsune. Tarot was prideful and didn't want to accept his help because it made her look bad, and Lester was a spiteful and petty game-master (the total opposite of Kitsune's GM philosophy.)

King's abject fear of Kitsune seems unjustified - Kitsune hasn't done anything bad to him, ruled in his favour on the name issue, and gave him the boon at the end of the Game. The only thing I can think of that would make King not like him, was his refusal to change him back to human early on... which King eventually decided he didn't want anyway. In any case, King has one character trait that has remained consistent throughout his arc - he wants nothing to do with life-or-death situations, even if his participating would lead to a better outcome than hiding. Whenever someone wants access to the statue, he leaves. When Tarot came to him to warn him that his life was in danger, he slammed the door in her face. He probably treats Kitsune the way he does because he associates Kitsune with life-or-death situations... which he is, but not most of the time.

If someone came to Kitsune with the sincere intention of friendship, I don't think he'd treat that person the same way he treated Tarot or Lester.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Oh hi there Omnipresent Man, I was just thinking about you!
fenrirblack wrote:The ultimate triumph would be to finally earn King's friendship. Like in Green Eggs and Ham. Or BoJack and Mr. Peanut Butter.
Or how Winston Smith finally loved Big Brother in 1984.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

To be fair, it's not like he has a lot of clothes to pack anymore.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

King is done with this stuff. He’s trying to be a normal dad with Bailey and his kids, but the world always seems to have other ideas. Wonder if he’ll stick around.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

:lol: :lol: And King 'Nopes!' it out of there! Also, you gotta love how he's carrying Olive(?) under his arm :lol: :lol:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:King's abject fear of Kitsune seems unjustified - Kitsune hasn't done anything bad to him, ruled in his favour on the name issue, and gave him the boon at the end of the Game.
It's not that he's afraid of Kitsune. He's just done with being involved in supernatural matters, after all the things he went through the last time he was mixed up in deific doings. (See also, his response when the others invited him to Temple Crashers 2.) It's undoubtedly no small source of irritation to him that he's saddled with Kitsune's statue (given how many times he's tried to get rid of it).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he started keeping that suitcase packed as soon as he learned about Marion. Even if he didn't insist on going into details after Marion cut off his explanation, he had to know it was a sign that something supernatural was going on.
Frank

Post by Frank »

"Daddy? Where are we going?"
"Camping"
"But we already went... what is your boss doing here?"
"We don't talk about that"
"Does it have something to do with Uncle K--"
"I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I’m imagining one of those statue iterations having an OwO expression with the inscription “What’s This?”. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Hey, it's a surprise Olive :3
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Robotech_Master wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:King's abject fear of Kitsune seems unjustified - Kitsune hasn't done anything bad to him, ruled in his favour on the name issue, and gave him the boon at the end of the Game.
It's not that he's afraid of Kitsune. He's just done with being involved in supernatural matters, after all the things he went through the last time he was mixed up in deific doings. (See also, his response when the others invited him to Temple Crashers 2.) It's undoubtedly no small source of irritation to him that he's saddled with Kitsune's statue (given how many times he's tried to get rid of it).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he started keeping that suitcase packed as soon as he learned about Marion. Even if he didn't insist on going into details after Marion cut off his explanation, he had to know it was a sign that something supernatural was going on.
The "don't say it, don't even think it. He sees!" statement King made to Bailey suggests to me that he is definitely afraid of Kitsune. He's worried that even thinking about Kitsune will result in bad things happening, despite the fact that Kitsune has shown no interest in dragging him into anything.

King probably keeps a go-kit around the house at all times, just in case.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I just don't get why he insists sticking with King at this point.

Heck, if Kitsune knows us readers, he'd be in Grape's room at this point =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

dr_eirik wrote:
Nobody wrote:
I think that's part of it. I also think he feels at least a little responsible and wants to keep an eye on him and the family. It's hard to say with him.
Except part of King's reward that he chose includes that he's totally on his own. No more help from the celestials. King's totally on his own. Just the way he wants it.
I think Kitsune is hanging around partly for the benefit of others, since we're seeing that The Game (you all just lost!) is having more lasting consequences than anyone anticipated. While I don't expect him to just snap his fingers and make everything better, he's probably watching behind the scenes and making sure it all turns out alright. He sticks around with a statue form so people have someone to go to in case there's something they need to know that they couldn't possibly get any other way - or they want someone to complain to, like Tarot (complaining didn't get her what she wanted, but she definitely needed the hug).

Honestly, there was a time when I kinda wanted King to have some sort of reconciliation with Kitsu, maybe for them to talk it out and at least come to a point where they tolerate each other, but at this point, it's become apparent that King doesn't want that and Kitsu is just giving him what he wants. Again, I think he's doing this purely for the giggles. Mortals sometimes want things that only make them more miserable.

Edit: although, it could be that Kitsu is there to make sure that celestial stuff doesn't effect King and his family. After all, with him around in a material form he can manifest through at any point, I'm sure other celestials wouldn't dare get involved. Kitsu's probably got tons of experience making life difficult for people who try to make him break his word.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Looks like Olive still doesn't have a collar interestingly.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

I guess we know who King's favourite child is.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CunningFox wrote:I guess we know who King's favourite child is.
You kidding? Bailey's already got the others out!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, King is out of here. On a side note I loves how calm he is about seeing a bobcat, then again he does live with wolves and know a puma so maybe he just takes it in stride. I hope that Kitsune can help Marion and Lois in some fashion.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Oh, great, Kitsune's back,
And it seems as if he's here to stay.
King, however, is set to pack,
He doesn't want to deal with Kitsune for another day.

Kitsune seems way too excited about this,
His face seems almost a grin of glee,
If we didn't know before, well this
Shows us what the end may be.

Keene, you're really not helping,
In fact, you're just making a mess,
Keene, you're really not helping,
It's be great to see you less.

Oh, foxy, what are you up to?
I know it's all part of a plan
To bring everyone together, woo,
But well, this is just crazy, man.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ah, yeah, they went at Milton's manor, where King and his family are living, because he has that golden statue of Great Kitsune which can't get rid of... King can't never stay away from any demigod. :P Great Kitsune knew they're visiting him, he knows everything, after all. ;) I agree with you, King, it's better to go away from there for some time. :D Let's see what the demigod has to reply to their questions, or if will be him who will ask questions...
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:Well, King is out of here. On a side note I loves how calm he is about seeing a bobcat, then again he does live with wolves and know a puma so maybe he just takes it in stride. I hope that Kitsune can help Marion and Lois in some fashion.

i think he's calm about it since the bobcat is in the company of at least three different potential prey animals and none of them are reacting badly. An especially with Marion and Keene there, he reasonably must think that it is ECP business.

I'm not of the opinion that Kitsune is going to help in a direct way. Either he can't, or won't, simply turn them back. I think he'll drop a hint or two. He might even tell them why they changed in the first place.

It would be funny, in an odd way, if Kitsune did this to them for the greater good. It wouldn't really be in character, but somehow he needed these two in these forms for some reason that we won't know for some time. ..

Marion: What do you mean that you did this to us? Why?!
Lois: What did we do to you?
Kitsune: It's not like that. Ask King, I'm not malicious, but I always have my reason.
Marion: Then why? What can we do?
Kitsune: <Smile fades> I needed you two. Well, no you two specifically, but I needed two animals with a human perspective. And frankly, you two were not going to lose anything.
Lois: What does that mean?
Kitsune: <Looks at Marion> Did you ever get that tire fixed? The one you noticed was balding last month? The one that you were going to take care of before graduation?
Marion: Well, no. With finals coming up and... wait a minute. Are you saying....?
Lois: <Slaps Marion moderately across the back of his head> This is YOUR fault!!