2019/11/29 - Road Trip

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2019/11/29 - Road Trip

Post by Dissension »

[ Road Trip ]

Title Text: Lois please stop getting in the tiny ferret's face you're scaring him

Breel's just vibing, just living his afterlife.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
D-Rock

Re: 2019/11/29 - Road Trip

Post by D-Rock »

Starting to think that Lois is a bit of an otaku.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Yeah go talk to Kitsune. Funny how King didn’t thought of it like, a lot of strips ago

Ok maaaaybe there’s a reason
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Char89Charizard

Post by Char89Charizard »

Gbr23 wrote:Yeah go talk to Kitsune. Funny how King didn’t thought of it like, a lot of strips ago

Ok maaaaybe there’s a reason
King doesn't like Kitsune. And he doesn't like the idea of bringing his statue out.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Well it’s about time! This has been long overdue. Talk to Kitsune.

I love how Breel is like “I don’t know where we’re going but I’m excited to be part of it.”

We were right about Pete’s plan so I guess all those discussions about every human becoming an animal wasn’t a pointless exercise.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

Imagine you’re just trying to live your life normally, you walk outside to water your quaint garden, and a small menagerie of animals that look like they’re from the zoo, drive by on a singular motorcycle driven by a wolf.
Image Image Image
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Dissension wrote:Breel's just vibing, just living his afterlife.
You mean his afterdeath life.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So it’s back on the bike
and good she had his number.
It’s also good they found out
how many the thing can encumber.
Breel looks so happy here
with his arms around the ‘guy’
is that why he’s at the back?
The cutest of boots, being sly?
Keene wants to look in charge
and Marion’s just there
as Poncho serves as a taxi,
taking them to Kitsune’s lair.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Leave it to Lois to cut to the chase. We are at least going to try to bring our multi tailed freind into the story. Interesting that Poncho hung around, too.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I imagine that King will find some reason to stop them.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

So was Poncho just outside the entire time? Like a cab driver they told “Keep the meter running.” Well if nothing else he is going home so it’s on his way. I can’t imagine the wolves live that far from Keene’s place. How big is the neighborhood.
D-Rock wrote:Starting to think that Lois is a bit of an otaku.
You might be into something. Her expression is one of surprise and excitement. Not to mention she phrased it like she knows what a “Kitsune” is. She said “Kitsune” not “mythical being” so that gives us a clue.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hi, Bailey, kin we talk to your statute? King is gonna go screaming yellow bonkers ( I can't wait!) !
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

Interesting that Poncho hung around, too.
I think ponchos the only one tall enough to drive at this point since a few strips ago, Lois attempted to drive, but couldn’t due to being too short.

Also it’s a bit off topic, but I have no clue how to quote with someone’s name, sorry.
Image Image Image
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Well, if they go see GK, won't that mean the fox kits too?
OctoDoggo wrote:
Interesting that Poncho hung around, too.
I think ponchos the only one tall enough to drive at this point since a few strips ago, Lois attempted to drive, but couldn’t due to being too short.

Also it’s a bit off topic, but I have no clue how to quote with someone’s name, sorry.
Click the "Quote button at the top of the post you want to quote and that'll quote it to your post.
--

Um, I'm not sure this is a great idea,
Going to find one Celestial fox,
He didn't step in earlier when Marion and Lois
Were stuck in the school of hard knocks.

Weight limit, passenger limit,
What difference does it make?
All we know is what this is getting to be
More than all can take.

I have to add, however,
That this seems the right way to go,
Whoever's behind this may think them clever,
They're just going to prove them wrong.

We're going off to see Kitsune,
where has that been heard before?
This gang's all slightly loony,
To find the answers we've long sought.
Last edited by LunarFox on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Let me look into the crystal ball. King is going to hit the ceiling when they show up. Okay, Miles is going to answer the door, they’ll go to King and Marion is going to be barraged by the pups, then they talk to the statue and hopefully if nothing else Kitsune can at least tell us who or what was responsible for this.

Theories
Is Steward A Villain: YES.

Steward's Goal: Regaining his Old Life and/or Revenge

Did He Change Marion: No

Who Changed Marion and Lois: Magical Force or another new supernatural character that has not been introduced.

The Marion & Lois Part
-Keene is unhelpful but leads them to Kitsune who provides more accurate information while Keene helps deal with the arrangements for Lois and Marion.
--The Miltons try to come up with a solution to prevent the media and masses from finding out about this to prevent any negative backlash.
--The Miltons curve the media by making sure that they are not to blame but bolster the ECP during this potential crisis by making them look like heroes by taking care of the therianthropes.

The Steward Part
-Steward steps out of the shadows and forces Keene to take him back as the media begins to blame him for both Lois and Marion's sudden and random transformations
-Steward plans on using this transformation outbreak to find a way to access a source of magic to change back to human
-Steward goes behind Keene's back and starts transforming humans into animals for the ECP to get back into Keene's good graces.
--Marion goes to talk Steward about how he was transformed. He sees this as an opportunity to use the coin to his advantage and take advantage of the situation.
--Steward finds an ally with a supernatural entity and together plot to take down the ECP and/or change back to human
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

LunarFox wrote:Well, if they go see GK, won't that mean the fox kits too?
No. Keene doesn't know Kitsune's 'helping' their Mom, nor that he's also got a Kidsune form. He DOES know King has that 'statue' that Kitsune likes to use...
fenrirblack wrote:Okay, Miles is going to answer the door,
If he opens the door, it'll be Friday next they get to Kitsune as it'll take a while to tell why Marion bunked off school for an afternoon.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Does this mean Poncho missed out on the cookies?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Well, that went from 20 to 100 real fast.
Dissension wrote:[ Road Trip ]

Title Text: Lois please stop getting in the tiny ferret's face you're scaring him

Breel's just vibing, just living his afterlife.
Living his after-afterlife.

Also, you are back to making comments under the comic strips!

He's back, you guys! He is back! Hyyyype!
Xane wrote:Weight limit, not passenger limit!
Looking at that picture, there clearly IS a passenger limit now!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Silly Zealot wrote:Well, that went from 20 to 100 real fast.
Are you kidding? That scooter will never make 100 with so many on it!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

It could have been more obvious, but Marion is making a "you're crazy" gesture in panel 2. Not very polite of him.
fenrirblack wrote:We were right about Pete’s plan so I guess all those discussions about every human becoming an animal wasn’t a pointless exercise.
Not necessarily. Keene is just guessing just like us. However, Keene doesn't have access to the out of character information of Rick Griffin implying Pete's changes would be socio-political, not physical, hence the line about hamburgers filing grievances.
The cape comes with the promotion.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I Agree With The Tital Text
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:We were right about Pete’s plan so I guess all those discussions about every human becoming an animal wasn’t a pointless exercise.
Not necessarily. Keene is just guessing just like us. However, Keene doesn't have access to the out of character information of Rick Griffin implying Pete's changes would be socio-political, not physical, hence the line about hamburgers filing grievances.
Even if that is technically true, it makes more sense to assume Rick is basically putting the age old question to bed by purposely adding that line. Read between th lines do to speak but in this case out right saying this was Pete’s intent. Of course for the sake of story Keene can’t say for sure because that wouldn’t make sense but Rick in this manner can.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

YAY. This is going to be fun and given how much longer this arc is going to last it is going to go nowhere. But it will be fun none the less.
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

I forgot to touch on this earlier, but this comic does a great job of showing how normalized talking to essentially a god has become. Ricks done an amazing job with keeping both character traits of A) the kitsune is a HECKING KITSUNE , and B) the kitsune is a chill dude, in such balance that it’s very easy to remember, oh yeah, we’re talking to a god, but at the same time, eh whatever. And to an outsider like Lois, or even a new reader that hasn’t read up to this point and has just read my life as a teenage squirrel 1-5, this fact is absurd, but somehow just the character of the kitsune alone is so well done, that by just reading the comic, it just makes sense.
TL;DR: the kitsune is a really well done character, and this comic discretely points it out
Image Image Image
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
No. Keene doesn't know Kitsune's 'helping' their Mom, nor that he's also got a Kidsune form. He DOES know King has that 'statue' that Kitsune likes to use...
Or does he? I mean, he did mention it while hanging out at Keene's hot tub party. Keene wasn't in that strip, but they could have met up sometime off-panel during that affair.

I suppose we'll find out on Monday whether Keene goes to the tree, or to King's place. I'm personally betting on the tree.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Robotech_Master wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Or does he? I mean, he did mention it while hanging out at Keene's hot tub party. Keene wasn't in that strip, but they could have met up sometime off-panel during that affair.

I suppose we'll find out on Monday whether Keene goes to the tree, or to King's place. I'm personally betting on the tree.
I get the feeling that Kitsune doesn't converse much with the avatars and allies of the players unless they come to him. King was a special case.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
Even if that is technically true, it makes more sense to assume Rick is basically putting the age old question to bed by purposely adding that line. Read between th lines do to speak but in this case out right saying this was Pete’s intent. Of course for the sake of story Keene can’t say for sure because that wouldn’t make sense but Rick in this manner can.
I don't think so. Its the same with Lois speculating that the transformations are contagious - just because a character says it in the comic, doesn't mean my speculations on the forum are true, no matter how much effort I put into talking about it.

On a different forum, I'm currently in charge of running a roleplay campaign. Keeping In-Character and Out-Of-Character information separate is a really important part of it. In fact, this exact situation is playing out. I have an NPC character interacting with the player characters, and he's explaining some finer points of his empire's theology (which could determine the outcome of a massive space war), namely whether or not some advanced aliens told his people to protect one nebula that had a warship graveyard in it, or whether they said to protect all the nebulae. I know the answer to that question. Priest Solitude does not. I have to bear that in mind when writing him.

Given that the Celestials have massive amounts of power to affect reality, and the Game allows them to interfere with free will on the basis that it must be for the affected person's own good... is it really more likely that Pete would turn everyone into animals rather than just change everyone's perceptions of human-animal relations?

On the other hand, its Henry Milton who made the deal with Pete. A man who wanted to be an animal so much that he goes around in Heaven with a ferret body. This is a man who I would not be surprisedif he just assumed that everyone would be like him and think being an animal was better than a human. Pete's deal with Henry could have been to turn everyone into animals, while Keene's modifications to the deal were to push it more to the socio-political changes.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Love Breel's little smile in the fourth panel. I will I'm curious to see what Kitsune will say, though imagine everyone's surprise if he said something along the lines of "This was not supposed to happen...you two weren't supposed to be the ones who transformed."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Frank

Post by Frank »

fenrirblack wrote:“I don’t know where we’re going but I’m excited to be part of it.”
Or what a "passenger limit" is. Or how a scooter works Or what a "Kitsune" is. Just "yay, roadtrip!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Love Keene in the last panel.
"I'm gonna put on my business sunglasses and pretend to be in charge."

Also, when everyone gets there, I expect Kitsu's first words are going to be "Why is it nobody ever comes to visit unless they have a problem?" That, or he'll refer to Keene as Pete's minion. Possibly both.
Last edited by Nobody on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Nobody wrote:Love Keene in the last panel.
"I'm gonna put on my business sunglasses and pretend to be in charge."
"Relieved to be on the other side of a brawny wolf from the bobcat with anger management issues? Me?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You know, this reminds me: did King ever get a job?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Frank wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:“I don’t know where we’re going but I’m excited to be part of it.”
Or what a "passenger limit" is. Or how a scooter works Or what a "Kitsune" is. Just "yay, roadtrip!"
Aaaah, "passenger limit" - so that's how we'll bring Mungo and Fox on-stage. They'll stop Poncho for vehicle overload, Lois will explain they're off to King's to see the Wizard (I'm mean GK), and so our two policemen will provide them an escort. Enroute, we'll pick up Peanut and Grape and Sasha and Daisy and Rex and Yeltsin.

We're heading for a Christmas resolution and a party where everyone gets what they wanted from Santa. Except for Thomas, of course. Santa can't stand him. Besides, Thomas is what Sofie wants for Christmas, and Santa likes Camels. ;)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Don't forget that Pete promised "equivocation between human and animal kind", not "equality".
Google wrote:e·quiv·o·ca·tion /iˌkwivəˈkāSH(ə)n/ noun
the use of ambiguous language to conceal the truth or to avoid committing oneself; prevarication.
"I say this without equivocation"
Either he's not the smartest demigod in the pantheon or he was playing shenanigans with his followers from the start.
Last edited by Argent on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

NHWestoN wrote: Except for Thomas, of course. Santa can't stand him. Besides, Thomas is what Sofie wants for Christmas, and Santa likes Camels. ;)
Or the wish fulfillment department is staffed by reindeer and they get a kick out of seeing Thomas feel their pains

...or HP! shippers
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Argent wrote:Don't forget that Pete promised "equivocation between human and animal kind", not "equality".
Google dictionary wrote:e·quiv·o·ca·tion /iˌkwivəˈkāSH(ə)n/ noun
the use of ambiguous language to conceal the truth or to avoid committing oneself; prevarication.
"I say this without equivocation"
Either he's not the smartest demigod in the pantheon or he was even rules-lawyering with his followers from the start.
In other words, he's the HP equivalent to Marvel's Loki ('cept with less Hulk smashing).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Argent wrote:Don't forget that Pete promised "equivocation between human and animal kind", not "equality".
Where was this said? I can't find it in the archives.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Keene, please take those glasses off - you are not being cool - you are not the front seat driver =3

Lois I swear is eating this all up more as time goes on.

Why do I get the feeling going to see King is not going to produce the expected results - because King very likely trashed or sold the statue at this point? X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote:Keene, please take those glasses off - you are not being cool - you are not the front seat driver =3

Lois I swear is eating this all up more as time goes on.

Why do I get the feeling going to see King is not going to produce the expected results - because King very likely trashed or sold the statue at this point? X3
I think if Kitsune was out of the picture, ala Pete and Dragon, then you'd be right. But since he's still around and seems to have a perverse glee in poking King (and seems friendly with Bailey) I'm nor sure he'd be able to get rid of it.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GameCobra wrote:Why do I get the feeling going to see King is not going to produce the expected results - because King very likely trashed or sold the statue at this point? X3
1. Indestructible.

2. If he sells it, it'll just come back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie