2019/11/29 - Road Trip

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/11/29 - Road Trip

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you are worried that your heart will give out, then you should probably eat a bit more heart healthy foods so that it doesn't like salmon and avacados. :D
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If you are worried that your heart will give out, then you should probably eat a bit more heart healthy foods so that it doesn't like salmon and avacados. :D
Avacados are environmentally destructive unless grown in the very specific place they evolved in because of their cultivation requirements. Entire countries in Central and South America have had there economies stolen from them to support our demand for the not-all-that-great fruit. We really shouldn't be growing them.
I do like me some fish, though.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I'm really excited to see what comes of this meeting. Lois seems like she's prepared to dork out upon meeting Kitsune, either because she's a mythology buff or a huge nerd for anime/Japanese culture, maybe a little bit of both.

It'll be interesting if we get a few strips with Kitsune and that gets us to where those with magic(k)al expertise or general experience begin looking into leads, while we get a series of strips revolving around Lois & Marion doing more to adjust to their situation, and making new animal friends along the way. I don't know; a climactic confrontation between Marion and Lois' group and Steward.... just doesn't seem in the cards, from the vibe I'm getting.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote:I'm really excited to see what comes of this meeting. Lois seems like she's prepared to dork out upon meeting Kitsune, either because she's a mythology buff or a huge nerd for anime/Japanese culture, maybe a little bit of both.

It'll be interesting if we get a few strips with Kitsune and that gets us to where those with magic(k)al expertise or general experience begin looking into leads, while we get a series of strips revolving around Lois & Marion doing more to adjust to their situation, and making new animal friends along the way. I don't know; a climactic confrontation between Marion and Lois' group and Steward.... just doesn't seem in the cards, from the vibe I'm getting.
I'm not sure she wants to meet Kitsune because she's a nerd about mythology, I think she's rapidly (and understandably) willing to entertain the notion of very powerful creatures that might be able to explain what happened to them, and more important, turn them back.

Given that there is a pretty limited number of strips left in this overall story, and I seriously doubt that Lois and Marion are going to lose their tails before Christmas, I don't think we're going to see much of Steward. Unless, for some strange reason, Kitsune brings them together or Keene is actually aware Kitsune lives at the treehouse...

Which, as I think about it, could be possible. I've thought it was possible that Keene and Steward have been working together on some level for some time. I'm not certain the badger would know Kitsune on sight, but Keene might reconize a description. That would be interesting. Though I doubt that would be where they'd go. I think it's the wolf house and the statue in Kings closet.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:I'm really excited to see what comes of this meeting. Lois seems like she's prepared to dork out upon meeting Kitsune, either because she's a mythology buff or a huge nerd for anime/Japanese culture, maybe a little bit of both.

I'm not sure she wants to meet Kitsune because she's a nerd about mythology, I think she's rapidly (and understandably) willing to entertain the notion of very powerful creatures that might be able to explain what happened to them, and more important, turn them back.
I'm in the mindset that she's a huge nerd who is into anime stuff. She looks like the type. We can recognize one of our own.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sort of got the feeling that she is actually a bit tomboyish and active and not one to be involved in anime or Japanese culture and is more into playing sports and doing activities with the guys instead of caring about stuff like that but then again what do I know?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I sort of got the feeling that she is actually a bit tomboyish and active and not one to be involved in anime or Japanese culture and is more into playing sports and doing activities with the guys instead of caring about stuff like that but then again what do I know?
How much you wanna bet she's going to tackle Kitsune the same way she did to Keene (which would honestly be pretty funny)?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that she will try but he will sidestep out of the way at the last minute because Kitsune is clever like that. :P
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that she will try but he will sidestep out of the way at the last minute because Kitsune is clever like that. :P
Or just suddenly be behind her when she tries. That's a classic supernatural dodge.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

I'm in the mindset that she's a huge nerd who is into anime stuff. She looks like the type. We can recognize one of our own.
Does she need to be a big fan of Japanese culture or an ulterior motive? It's a mythological freaking Kitsune. Meeting with a demigod is kinda a big deal. I feel that's reason enough for not wanting to miss such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Nobody wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that she will try but he will sidestep out of the way at the last minute because Kitsune is clever like that. :P
Or just suddenly be behind her when she tries. That's a classic supernatural dodge.
*Kitsune teleports behind Lois*
"Nothing personnel, kid"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Technically, Kitsune lives everywhere like Omnipresent Man.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Argent wrote:Technically, Kitsune lives everywhere like Omnipresent Man.
Good Cod, I hate that guy. He was standing in my bathroom while I got ready for work, in my kitchen while making breakfast and now he's complaining about what I'm typing right now!
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:
Good Cod, I hate that guy. He was standing in my bathroom while I got ready for work, in my kitchen while making breakfast and now he's complaining about what I'm typing right now!
I know, he's right here too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He poofed in when I was getting dressed then ran out of the house screaming. That is par the course I guess. Nobody wants to see me naked.
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Champion Wallace wrote:Does she need to be a big fan of Japanese culture or an ulterior motive? It's a mythological freaking Kitsune. Meeting with a demigod is kinda a big deal. I feel that's reason enough for not wanting to miss such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Well, unless you are an anime fan or otherwise interested in Japanese (or, to a lesser extent, furry) culture, kitsune are kind of obscure here in the west. You may not realize that, given that you know full well what a kitsune is, but how many average people on the street would even recognize or understand the word? The fact that Lois immediately did recognize it, and moreover was so eager to meet him, does suggest she had sufficient prior interest to have learned what they are.

I imagine we'll find out for sure in an hour or so.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not an hour actually as before Lois can speak to him, Kitsune wants to shoot the breeze with Breel.

Which may be a good idea for her to wait so she could compose herself if she completely lost it.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Whether or not hybrid motives for stopping it were to save the world or not is not the point. What would have happened if Pete won? He would have kept his promise which would have caused chaos. King and most of them didn’t know if this fact but that doesn’t mean that those stakes weren’t there. It was established that if Pete won it would have been bad no matter what he would have ended up doing. Again Keene said that was Pete’s plan and it would have been chaos so there is evidence in the comic.
If you do in fact think changing the socio- aspect of the world would lead to chaos, would've been bad for the world, and were present stakes, then why did you say if would not be worth fighting against and terrible stakes for the story? You're contradicting yourself.
I don't think there ever was a socio-whatever change because that doesn't even exist. There was never a mention that was the ever the plan. Say what you want about Keene's assumption but that is more relevant because it is mentioned and nothing else was as far as what Pete intended to do if he won and kept his promise to "equalize humans and animals".
Not quite. The Word of God explanation of why Pete's plan would quickly lead to chaos used an example of where your hamburger could sue you and how that's incompatible with the food chain's continued existence. If the legal aspects are the ones to fail, it stands to reason that they were created by the miracle, not former humans instituting it to protect themselves.
Robotech_Master wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Does she need to be a big fan of Japanese culture or an ulterior motive? It's a mythological freaking Kitsune. Meeting with a demigod is kinda a big deal. I feel that's reason enough for not wanting to miss such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Well, unless you are an anime fan or otherwise interested in Japanese (or, to a lesser extent, furry) culture, kitsune are kind of obscure here in the west. You may not realize that, given that you know full well what a kitsune is, but how many average people on the street would even recognize or understand the word? The fact that Lois immediately did recognize it, and moreover was so eager to meet him, does suggest she had sufficient prior interest to have learned what they are.

I imagine we'll find out for sure in an hour or so.
Even if you had never heard the word kitsune before in your life, from the context around it in what Keene said it's clear whatever kitsune is, it's a demigod. You do make a good point about how she knew enough about kitsunes to know they're a species instead of just the demigods name and that may not be common knowledge.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if someone was given that context and had the information to figure it out, I'm pretty sure that the amazing opportunity of meeting with a kitsune would still go over their heads.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
I know, he's right here too.
He's everywhere! He's everywhere! Oh … right … he already told us that...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not everywhere. I scared him so badly with my fat body that he doesn't want to know me. ;)
Argent

Post by Argent »

If you read on through Scott's comics, you discover that Omnipresent Man is indeed in all those places it would be awful to be in and suffers greatly for it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really doesn't make me feel any better. I don't wanna be known as the ugly tub of lard who broke Kitsune...