2019/11/27 - Absolutely Unbelievable

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/11/27 - Absolutely Unbelievable

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/11/27 - Absolutely Unbelievable]
Title Text: what, we've turned into animals so now I have to believe any lunatic who says the moon is a hole in the sky where the devil can spy on us

Sometimes you have to in order to better appreciate a story.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Nobody

Re: 2019/11/27 - Absolutely Unbelievable

Post by Nobody »

*sees hover text
Okay, so now I await the wild, mass speculation that the dino-demon is hanging out on the moon.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Looks like Marion is being the adult in the room now. And he's not accurate. It also violates biology, chemistry, etc, etc...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Wait until he explains the Game and the parallel universes and the giant whale from Link's Awakening.

Okay, so the treasure was Henry's. Now we a legitimate source of canon material.

King tried to explain this to Marion so he should at least be easier to convince than Lois. I'm assuming the next strip will have Marion bring that up. Hopefully this will lead to Kitsune being mentioned. When any luck, he'll appear when called.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, now he’s the rational one,
listening to tales of gods and curses?
The strangest thing about this tale
is how often their position reverses.
Don’t think on it too hard, boy,
or drift your thoughts to young Foxes
as, if you’re thinking of odd things,
that pair just tick all the boxes.
He’s telling you the truth and it’s just mad;
that doesn’t mean Keene has to be mad;
It’s just a truth that’s beyond his ken.
He escaped the plot; you brought him in again.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

I still have the sneaking suspicion this whole mess is going to be Marion and Lois's to investigate, so they'll do it without help from Keene, King, or anyone else. I predict that Marion will remember what King was telling him before he said to put a pin in it, and put it together with what Craig and Draig said back at the tree, and they two will go there next. By themselves, without involving any of the other characters, because those people are still largely strangers to them and this is something they have to work out for themselves. (And it keeps the number of characters to deal with smaller, and puts off the fallout from King or anyone else learning that Pete and the Dragon are still around and living nearby.)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

D-Rock wrote:
Title Text: the moon is a hole in the sky where the devil can spy on us[/i]
For some reason, I am less concerned about this claim than the fact I never heard it before.

So Henry Milton WAS the one who gave that gold offering and said humans don't deserve it.

Man, it's really depressing that there are people so desilusioned with their own species.... :(
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Theories
Is Steward A Villain: YES.

Steward's Goal: Regaining his Old Life and/or Revenge

Did He Change Marion: No

Who Changed Marion and Lois: Magical Force or another new supernatural character that has not been introduced.

The Marion & Lois Part
-Keene explains the Game and Pete being a Gryphon and Dragon being a Dragon which leads him back to the treehouse to investigate the Fox kit's claims where they run into Steward.
-Keene tells them about the coin and/or Steward leading Marion and Lois to seek him out in the woods
-Keene is unhelpful but leads them to Kitsune who provides more accurate information while Keene helps deal with the arrangements for Lois and Marion.
--The Miltons try to come up with a solution to prevent the media and masses from finding out about this to prevent any negative backlash.
--The Miltons curve the media by making sure that they are not to blame but bolster the ECP during this potential crisis by making them look like heroes by taking care of the therianthropes.

The Steward Part
-Steward steps out of the shadows and forces Keene to take him back as the media begins to blame him for both Lois and Marion's sudden and random transformations
-Steward plans on using this transformation outbreak to find a way to access a source of magic to change back to human
-Steward goes behind Keene's back and starts transforming humans into animals for the ECP to get back into Keene's good graces.
--Marion goes to talk Steward about how he was transformed. He sees this as an opportunity to use the coin to his advantage and take advantage of the situation.
--Steward finds an ally with a supernatural entity and together plot to take down the ECP and/or change back to human
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Demigods? Pfffff I’ll believe that when I see it
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gbr23 wrote:Demigods? Pfffff I’ll believe that when I see it
Keene: Noooo! It wasn't me! It was Heracles! Heracles did it!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

And now we see their roles reversed,
Neither can believe to plan for the worst,
Lois goes to freak on out,
While Marion, well, he shows some doubt.

Keene still proclaims his innocence,
And we can see Marion's now on the fence.
We can still se Lois holding her lance,
Ready to throw without a second glance.

A squirrel calming down a bobcat
Or I forget, is Lois a lynx?
Oh, it doesn't matter, forget that,
You know what really stinks?

The ferret doesn't have an answer
To the questions they both ask,
Marion, you need to calm her,
Lois, I mean, I know you're up to the task.

For them, now it's even clearer,
It's crazy but it's not the end,
Lois, she isn't too good a hearer
Or she wouldn't still Keene's ear bend.

Qui bono? Now that's the question
That still has yet to be asked and answered,
So, Keene, try to do your best, son,
To tell the truth and get it heard.

We need to get to the bottom of this,
We need to get there fast,
We need to get to the bottom of this
Because patience is running out fast.

Every strip leads us closer to an end,
That, I've come to realize,
Well, Keene really isn't their friend,
But if not good, at least he's not one of the bad guys.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Champion Wallace wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Yep it's still crazy even if you have also been turned from an animal into a human yourself
Just because some weirdness is true doesn't mean all weirdness is true.
The sad part is Lois doesn't have a choice but to believe that. They went to Keene specifically because they though he was the only one with all the answers. She doesn't like his reply, but it's not like she can strangle him again and expect a better story. They both know Keene only has until the cookies run out if he doesn't spill all the beans. In short there isn't anything Lois can really do right now.
The cape comes with the promotion.
OctoDoggo

Post by OctoDoggo »

Considering everything else that’s happened up until this point, I’m a bit surprised Lois doesn’t believe the whole demigod thing

Edit: forgot to mention this, but a bunch of these expressions in more recent strips have been on point!
Image Image Image
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I guess it's easier to believe that the ferrets have "secret future technology"

Argent

Post by Argent »

I hope that Marion remembers Craig when Keen mentions Pete the Gryphon.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Jixstun

Post by Jixstun »

When it comes to Steward, Pete & Dragon, is Keene actually in the know about them? He left the room before Steward transformed & I think the only time he mentioned him after that was when he said he'd 'disappeared' so I took that to mean he didn't know what had happened to him.

As for Pete & Dragon, I don't think anyone knows they're now Fox Cubs besides Kitsune, & anyone they tell (like Marion) just dismisses it as the imagination of youngsters.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Believe the ferret, Lois he’s telling you the truth. I love Marion’s expression in the fourth panel.?
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

It's interesting to see Marion be the rational one here instead of Lois as, if they went there earlier, he would've been the one chewing Keene out.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

SeanWolf wrote:It's interesting to see Marion be the rational one here instead of Lois as, if they went there earlier, he would've been the one chewing Keene out.
Not only was there what King told him, which I imagine he's starting to see in a different light now, but also Thomas told Marion outright that the Milton ferrets had "a source of secret magical powers right in their backyard." So Marion's a little bit ahead of Lois in coming to terms with the supernatural.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote:I hope that Marion remembers Craig when Keen mentions Pete the Gryphon.
Waiting for the light bulb to come on...…. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really Lois? After everything that has happened and everything defying explanation, THAT is what you think is unbelievable? I think becoming a bobcat and having her gender changed to the opposite has completely messed with her mind just a tad.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Just crossed my mind. What if Henry is somehow behind the transformations in order to prove some sort of point to Keene?

I remember someone asked last comic "what if Keene used to be human?". Got me thinking, what if Henry was originally a ferret and he then made a deal with Pete to become human to further his plans of animal equality, and being a ferret in heaven isn't just his chosen appearance but his true one? If Pete has the power to turn humans into animals he could do the opposite as well.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... ng-down-2/

If Henry was originally a ferret it's also possible Henry might secretly be Keene's biological father as well. Although Henry acts like they never met, Keene's mother's winking might be implying this.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do have to ask, if that is true and Henry IS Keene's biological father, does that mean he is the biological father of the rest of the ferrets?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I do have to ask, if that is true and Henry IS Keene's biological father, does that mean he is the biological father of the rest of the ferrets?
My understanding - I'm eager to be corrected - is that Henry was/is human, took a ferret form in the Celestial realm, and that Keene and crew were his animal companions in life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes but I think Chestnut is saying that maybe Henry WAS a ferret originally, found Pete and turned him into a human with wealth and let him begin to try to gain equal rights for animals. Then in heaven, he reverted back to his original form.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

It doesn't fit what we know of him, especially the having the means to move Pete's temple to Babylon Gardens -- a place he had already built -- in exchange for Pete's promise, but interesting nonetheless :D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Obbl wrote:It doesn't fit what we know of him, especially the having the means to move Pete's temple to Babylon Gardens -- a place he had already built -- in exchange for Pete's promise, but interesting nonetheless :D
And the fact he has two adult children - indicating that, if he were a species-shifted, he's been one for several decades) and did nothing to promote Pete's aims.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: And the fact he has two adult children - indicating that, if he were a species-shifted, he's been one for several decades) and did nothing to promote Pete's aims.
Thomas and Celia aren't his children though. They're his niece and nephew. Not sure how it would work still.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... n-babylon/

Don't know what Pete's deal would have been though. Maybe moving the temple was part of the deal, but Pete could probably have done that himself unless there was some sort of rule in the game that forbid him to.

Although his age was never stated, I imagine Keene probably wasn't more than 10 years old when the comic began. So that does make a weird time frame regardless.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: And the fact he has two adult children - indicating that, if he were a species-shifted, he's been one for several decades) and did nothing to promote Pete's aims.
Thomas and Celia aren't his children though. They're his niece and nephew. Not sure how it would work still.

Don't know what Pete's deal would have been though. Maybe moving the temple was part of the deal, but Pete could probably have done that himself unless there was some sort of rule in the game that forbid him to.
There was. Remember, Pete was limited by Dragon's curse to influencing people through dreams. Even if there was no general rule about directly moving your own temple, he couldn't have done it after that.

Pete needed the temple moved to somewhere green, and then he needed an animal to remove the curse (which was supposed to be his avatar, but it didn't work properly because Zack did it instead.)

But yeah, you made the point I wanted to make. It doesn't make sense that Henry Milton was once a ferret, given that he had human siblings.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What Keene is saying now is real and he doesn't know the details. I know, all this is absolutely unbelievable, indeed. :D Now Keene and Thomas should talk about it, would be better go back to the zoo all together. ;) What happened was that Thomas stole a bag of the treasure and the curse did its job. His dad and the demigod Pete did a deal for it, as seemed. Yeah, Marion, what you two have got so far must force you to believe to everything. :P
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

You're at least a few years behind on the lore, Lois :geek:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Sir Chestnut wrote:

There was. Remember, Pete was limited by Dragon's curse to influencing people through dreams. Even if there was no general rule about directly moving your own temple, he couldn't have done it after that.

Pete needed the temple moved to somewhere green, and then he needed an animal to remove the curse (which was supposed to be his avatar, but it didn't work properly because Zack did it instead.)

But yeah, you made the point I wanted to make. It doesn't make sense that Henry Milton was once a ferret, given that he had human siblings.
In calling Henry Milton "Dad", Keene is following the Babylon Gardens custom where pets refer to their humans as parents. In fact there's an episode where Lucretia Wolf uses the word " owner" in discussing Ms. Holloway with Rex and he gently corrects her, "Please, Mom."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that he did know that but was just making a theory about Henry being a ferret originally before he was transformed into a human and saying maybe it was possible unbeknownst to Keene that Henry WAS a ferret originally and his biological father. Of course, now that it was pointed out Thomas and Celia were his niece and nephew he had to have at least two other siblings (brothers since they both have the last name Milton) to be their parents (I believe it was said somewhere Thomas and Celia are first cousins and not brother and sister).
Champion Wallace

Jixstun wrote:When it comes to Steward, Pete & Dragon, is Keene actually in the know about them? He left the room before Steward transformed & I think the only time he mentioned him after that was when he said he'd 'disappeared' so I took that to mean he didn't know what had happened to him.
That scene was also at a press conference, somewhere you wouldn't want to imply you know the fate of a missing person you don't want found.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I do have to ask, if that is true and Henry IS Keene's biological father, does that mean he is the biological father of the rest of the ferrets?
I don't believe it has ever been confirmed or denied if any or all of the ferrets share a mother and/or father.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I get the feeling here that this is going to be a coin flip kind of situation coming soon.

Are Marion and Lois going to destroy or help the ECP is the major question, but are they going to try coping until they get cured or just cope with it altogether for the benefit of other pets and animals?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

GameCobra wrote:I get the feeling here that this is going to be a coin flip kind of situation coming soon.

Are Marion and Lois going to destroy or help the ECP is the major question, but are they going to try coping until they get cured or just cope with it altogether for the benefit of other pets and animals?
That would be interesting if they do plan on taking down the ECP. Just from how they are acting, one can tell they just want their "nightmare" to end and return to being a human, but (at least from what I've been seeing and going off of that idea), it does make me wonder if they were specifically chosen to be animals by, and I'm going back to this theory, another Celestial who had it out for Pete from the beginning.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:
GameCobra wrote:I get the feeling here that this is going to be a coin flip kind of situation coming soon.

That would be interesting if they do plan on taking down the ECP. Just from how they are acting, one can tell they just want their "nightmare" to end and return to being a human, but (at least from what I've been seeing and going off of that idea), it does make me wonder if they were specifically chosen to be animals by, and I'm going back to this theory, another Celestial who had it out for Pete from the beginning.
Not sure who doesn't have it out for Pete....poor lamb.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Yep, this chain of events looks like it’s going to lead back to the treehouse one way or the other. I have a feeling that Keene is going to name-drop Steward soon, and Marion will either get livid at Keene alongside Lois via a misunderstanding and overreaction, thinking that Keene and Steward are in cahoots, or everyone manages to retain their composure long enough for, let’s say, all of them to head over to the Milton Estate so they can watch security footage and see Thomas spit the coin at Steward. I could still see Marion & Lois being frustrated with Keene, but him being absolved of any accusations of conspiracy. A confrontation at the treehouse happens and maybe Kitsune shows up or runs interference in some way to keep Craig & Draig’s identities secret during said confrontation.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kitsune only wants KING to now about who Craig is only because he wants to see his reaction to his daughter dating his tormentor. XD
Champion Wallace

Whoa. Slow down there. Olive can't be more than four years old. On top of that (as if that wasn't enough) Olive and Craig met one time and there was far from mutual chemistry.