2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go]
Title Text: but then who's the shilling?!

C'mon, Marion, the two of you are just as cute together.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go

Post by dr_eirik »

Aww, poor squirrel. I can see his point. Maybe Lois can reassure him when hes not trapped between two predators...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Marion there are more important things to worry about right now. Also, trust your girlfriend a bit more than that, please.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Aww. Insecure Marion is adorable. Also young love. That answer the question of how Poncho can be of help and dogs wolfs riding scooters motorcycles was established back in real Real Stories of the K9PD.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Marion, my boy, don’t worry.
You’ve got other things to do.
Don’t you be in such a hurry
for another problem to chew.
Poncho isn’t horning in here
(although, perhaps, he really is).
You’re not going to disappear;
Lois’s feelings aren't a swizz.
You have a Bobcat in your heart,
just as you’re next to hers,
in your lives Love plays a big part
Even though you’re both now Furs.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

The Adventures of Pound & Peny
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I'm the most guilty of pointing out that their relationship would end because of Marion's squirrelness but Lois seems to have resigned to the fact that they're in it for the long haul. Especially sense her other realistic options is Bronson who I still say will still take her despite being a feline.

Although I agree that cliche teen romance tropes would be a poor move on Rick's part, it is realistic that Marion would have doubts about their relationship. I mean marion is a squirrel and not even a male squirrel. That can really shake someone's confidence especially if they felt that he felt inadequate to begin with. I would be disappointed if it wasn't brought up at least once. This is normal teenage squirrel behavior.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Dangit, Marion's insecure... and honestly, this is the first time I've really felt bad for him. I think that says we're getting somewhere with his character [fingers crossed].

Anyways, another poem:

Marion's insecurities are revealed,
I'm surprised there aren't more,
The little thing's been terrifed
That he'd become a bore.

Marion, you think you hid your fears?
Well, I'm sorry, no they weren't
They were plain and clear for us to see,
Now just go with the current.

I hope and pray they'll get their clue
'Fore much more time is past,
Answers are due to be revealed,
They'll get them long at last.

I'm glad they're all in this together,
this furry shenanagin,
That way they can lean on each other,
And come away with the win.

In for a penny, in for a pound,
Yeah, that seems just about right,
You both can do it, I know that's true,
You're strong, you'll win this fight!

And so on we go to find Keene
And hopefully get some questions answered,
if not, Mister Milton, be afraid,
Avoid it? I wouldn't chance 'er.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

D-Rock wrote: Title Text: but then who's the shilling?!
Walter is the shilling.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Nobody wrote:
Walter is the shilling.
Huh? Sorry, I just don't get that reference.... :(
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I am not ashamed to say that Lois and Poncho make a cute couple. Taking everything off the table that we know about them, they are cute together.

I have read enough YA Novels to know that these kind of supernatural events cement relationships and that they will both be human again at the end of the arc, series, twenty years from now. We might see them as part of the "end of the show montage" where we get snippets of what the characters are up too. Imagine them both at college, doing college things like laying under the shade of a tree just beginning to turn as the winds of autumn pick up.

Marion: Remember that summer we were both turned into animals and we went on that wacky adventure to change back.
Lois: Marion, that was two months ago.
Marion: Good times.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:I am not ashamed to say that Lois and Poncho make a cute couple. Taking everything off the table that we know about them, they are cute together.
And, as Poncho was there to witness her becoming the Cat of his dreams, he's more concerned about her for now. He's going to be a good friend.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nothing complicates romance like money......
Argent

Post by Argent »

It's such a shame the novel Stuart Little would never exist in the HP! world.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

You know, I was looking over the arcs about King's wedding and "Heaven's Not Enough" last night—two times when King went to Keene for help, and both times the "help" involved getting saddled with a camera crew.

Keene has already said he's going to "make a thing of" this, and put on the sunglasses ominously. Now I'm wondering exactly what kind of "help" Lois and Marion can expect to find when they get there, and just how many cameras it will involve. And Lois has already been shown to have somewhat less chill than a certain corgi…

"In for a penny, in for a pound" is
What Lois has to say when Marion frets
The squirrel may not find this reas'ning soundest
But we've all seen by now how Marion gets

Recalling how upon the wolf she skritched
The squirrel might have cause to feel a twinge
Of jealousy, on seeing Poncho 'witched
Since he had thought that HE was her boyfriend

On scooterback, the squirrel has now confessed
The truth of why he feels so insecure
But Lois tells him be not so depressed
They're caught in the same mess, and that's for sure

But Marion still finds his troubles many
When Lois is the pound and he the penny

(You know, there just isn't any good place to put an apostrophe when you want the middle syllable of "Marion" to be dropped poetically, like in "reas'ning". "Mar'yon"? "Mar'y'n"? Ugh.)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

LunarFox wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Walter is the shilling.
Huh? Sorry, I just don't get that reference.... :(
That's because you're not supposed to get self-referential in-jokes. They are told entirely for my own amusement.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote:It's such a shame the novel Stuart Little would never exist in the HP! world.
agreed.
Robotech_Master

Argent wrote:It's such a shame the novel Stuart Little would never exist in the HP! world.
Well, that's not necessarily true. In our world, the novel was about the oddity of a mouse that could talk. In Housepets, the novel would be about the oddity of a human family adopting one as a sibling.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Robotech_Master wrote:
Well, that's not necessarily true. In our world, the novel was about the oddity of a mouse that could talk. In Housepets, the novel would be about the oddity of a human family adopting one as a sibling.
In the original novel, Stuart was actually BORN into the family.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Robotech_Master wrote:You know, I was looking over the arcs about King's wedding and "Heaven's Not Enough" last night—two times when King went to Keene for help, and both times the "help" involved getting saddled with a camera crew.

Keene has already said he's going to "make a thing of" this, and put on the sunglasses ominously. Now I'm wondering exactly what kind of "help" Lois and Marion can expect to find when they get there, and just how many cameras it will involve. And Lois has already been shown to have somewhat less chill than a certain corgi…

Makes me wonder if Rock doesn't already have some camera drones secretly following them around the whole time.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I'm not completely sure Marion should be complaining considering where he's sitting~ ... though he probably isn't gonna enjoy the moment's Poncho has to break.
Robotech_Master

Gameb18oy wrote:I'm not completely sure Marion should be complaining considering where he's sitting~ ... though he probably isn't gonna enjoy the moment's Poncho has to break.
Well, even assuming Lois is still female, there's just not anything there to enjoy being up against on a Housepets bobcat. :)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

"In for a penny, in for a pound"
I didn't know that phrase was used in America.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
Robotech_Master wrote:You know, I was looking over the arcs about King's wedding and "Heaven's Not Enough" last night—two times when King went to Keene for help, and both times the "help" involved getting saddled with a camera crew.

Makes me wonder if Rock doesn't already have some camera drones secretly following them around the whole time.
Same time, I wonder if both Keene and Rock are going to exploit them and try to make a feature film/recruitment video for the ECP with them as the "stars". On the opposite side of the coin, I always took Poncho as more of a Harley-Davidson wolf then a scooter.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

SeanWolf wrote:
Sir Chestnut wrote:

Same time, I wonder if both Keene and Rock are going to exploit them and try to make a feature film/recruitment video for the ECP with them as the "stars". On the opposite side of the coin, I always took Poncho as more of a Harley-Davidson wolf then a scooter.
There has been a lot of speculation of what they’re going to do for a “career” now that they’re animals. Tiger already got his own super special television show so why not Marion and Lois. A reality tv show about the life of two teens turned into animals.
One’s a small rodent and the other a medium sized carnivore but somehow they made it work. Watch as they struggle in a world that doesn’t quite understand them or fully accept them. Laugh at their misfortunes and cry as they stumble through life. Packed with drama as a certain wolf implants himself in their lives and grows suspiciously closer to our favorite bobcat. This fall, uncover the mystery of why these two were transformed and watch out because next time it could be you.....
Robotech_Master

SeanWolf wrote:On the opposite side of the coin, I always took Poncho as more of a Harley-Davidson wolf then a scooter.
Given his zoo job, I expected him to be driving one of those miniature truck things that facilities like that use for landscaping chores.

I suspect that Poncho is a bit small for a full-sized Harley, but just right for a scooter.
Last edited by Robotech_Master on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

D-Rock wrote:[2019/11/13 - Hold Me Close Don’t Ever Let Me Go]
Title Text: but then who's the shilling?!

C'mon, Marion, the two of you are just as cute together.

I'm not quite sure why but I'd say "Four Finger Discount" Jack is the shilling.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Aw, poor Marion. At least he’s being honest about his feelings, and I’m sure Lois will reassure the squirrel.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

Gbr23 wrote:The Adventures of Pound & Peny
"They were two average high school students. Now transformed into rugged outdoor animals, they're Duluth's top private investigators. Go wild Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on CBS!"
Robotech_Master wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:On the opposite side of the coin, I always took Poncho as more of a Harley-Davidson wolf then a scooter.
Given his zoo job, I expected him to be driving one of those miniature truck things that facilities like that use for landscaping chores.
I suspect that Poncho is a bit small for a full-sized Harley, but just right for a scooter.
The image of Poncho or anyone in a little Daihatsu Hijet or an equivalent (lots of those little maintenance trucks are Japanese models) is hilarious. I do wonder if he could reach the pedals though...

Meanwhile as cool as the image of a wolf on a Harley is that likely way too much bike for someone who is certainly a beginning rider. Size issues aside a slow, underpowered little scooter that will get him around but not at a speed where he could hurt himself is probably a great choice for someone who has very little driving/riding experience of any kind. Scooters also usually enclose the motor while Harleys and other big bikes don't so I can't imagine would be a good idea to be riding one without some property leg protection like pants...especially with legs covered in likely flammable fur.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I usually write these little things as pure dialogue, but this worked better this way. ..

Lois gripped the wolf tightly, but only for the fear of falling off the scooter. She’d never ridden one before and certainly not one driven by a wolf from the zoo while her boyfriend clutched her for dear life.

She sighed. Things just kept getting stranger and stranger around them.

She glanced down at Marion. He was holding onto her fur and had slowly been inching higher every time the scooter hit a bump or made a turn. He was gripping her at the base of her neck and had his face buried in her fur. Pointedly, he wasn’t looking at her but had his eyes closed and head turned away.

Even over the sound of the engine, she could hear an occasional sniffle.

Her heart sank. She knew that he’d been scared. He’d told her about that first day, waking up in a tiny, strange body, lost and no one, even his own mother, not believing him. Lois cringed, remembering that she hadn’t believed him either even when he spilled his heart at her

Right now, the squirrel was terrified, and it had nothing to do with being stuck between two predators on a scooter. Lois knew that Marion had always felt he wasn’t good enough for her. No matter how serious they got, there was always a enough self-doubt in him that she would leave him. She never really thought about it. He was who she wanted, and as graduation approached, he seemed to finally be getting over all that,

Then the squirrel thing happened.

The scooter hit a small bump and she felt his claws dig into the skin under her fur, but she said nothing. She bent her head down and covered his with her new muzzle. “I don’t care what body you are in right now, or ever. You’re stuck with me. I wasn’t planning on abandoning you this morning and I’m certainly not going anywhere now.”

At a stoplight, she could see one of Ponchos ears swivel back, but he pointedly kept his eyes forward. Lois nuzzled Marion with her chin, “I don’t care if we spend the rest of out lives like this, we are in this together.” She sensed that Marion was crying more openly now, she could feel him breathing in gasps.

“But if you get snot all over my new fur, I’m going to pin your tail to the wall.” Despite everything, she felt him smile.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:I think we use it without realizing it refers to British money. It's a malapropism if you're comparing currency to weight, but it still works as a comparison of tiny thing to large thing. We also use penny wise, pound foolish. Also not entirely sure how widespread the usage is, but I've heard both before.
The US does get British television. And not just Doctor Who.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

A scooter is the best vehicle for your sizes, indeed. ;) But, no helmets and in three on it? :P Come on, Marion, Lois is "hugging" Poncho just to stay safe on the scooter... :roll: Why are you saying that, then? She became an animal too, you two are now on similar conditions and are seeking the same truth. Let's find Keene and see what he can say.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cesco wrote:Come on, Marion, Lois is "hugging" Poncho just to stay safe on the scooter... :roll:.
Absolutely. He only needs to be concerned if hugging Poncho starts her purring.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Robotech_Master

I am surprised no one has yet commented on the propriety of saying "pound" around a canine-similar entity. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is it safe to say now for the shippers that Loncho, the pairing of Lois and Poncho has become a thing? :D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So is it safe to say now for the shippers that Loncho, the pairing of Lois and Poncho has become a thing? :D
Possibly but it's a reversal of 'The Lion King' in that the Marion/Lois duo is up to three...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So is it safe to say now for the shippers that Loncho, the pairing of Lois and Poncho has become a thing? :D
You know, at the moment I don't think even Poncho is falling for her. He had heart eyes for her when she plied him with scritches, but since then he's been freaked out.

It's fun to think of Poncho as going after any large, strong feline, but I think his crush on Gale was much more personal. She seems to have rescued him from something at some point when he was a cub. I'm sure that seeing her again brought back those memories.

I could see him becoming friends with Lois and Marion, perhaps to Marions consternation, but I'm not sure he'd go beyond that. At least, not after Marion tries to pierce on of his ears with his teeth...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that nothing is gonna happen but I'm just asking if there are enough shippers now for it to become a thing.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I just had a weird thought about the possible missing phone and keys. It would be funny if, when they finally meet Kitsune, he hands them over to Lois. "Where did you find these?" <Looks away> "It's kind of hard to explain...."
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that nothing is gonna happen but I'm just asking if there are enough shippers now for it to become a thing.
How many shippers does it need to be a "thing"? I ship them. I don't even care. If people can ship Fungo and Grapenut then I can ship this. Because I can. :P