2019/11/08 - Our Founder

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Silly Zealot

Re: 2019/11/08 - Our Founder

Post by Silly Zealot »

Nobody wrote:It would be nice to see one of the ferrets other than Keene be important to the story for a change. Not that I dislike Keene, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the focus.
We need more Duke in our lives.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Silly Zealot wrote:We need more Duke in our lives.
Which one was Duke?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

He's the Dopey in this Seven Dwarfs team (Keene is both Doc and Grumpy).
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nobody wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Oh, we're not done with the treehouse yet!
… and Lana may turn out to be a pivotal figure.
I hope so. It would be nice to see one of the ferrets other than Keene be important to the story for a change. Not that I dislike Keene, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the focus.
... and Lana has established her authority through cost-cutting and employment cutbacks, so she might have a darker role than we suspect....

Wonder if Jeeves is gonna get transformed?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Sir Chestnut wrote:After going back to the beginning of the story, I'm thinking, what if it has something to do with water and the effects are delayed? It's seems subtly hinted at in a couple strips.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... aking-news
http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... nch-break/

Marion was also probably still wet when he got into Lois's bag. So there's that.

The obvious problem with this though would be why isn't everyone else in Babylon Gardens turning into animals if water is involved?
That's a pretty big problem with your theory. Even if everyone drank bottled water and/or other beverages that still wouldn't be enough. If the toilet water Marion got on Lois was enough, washing your hands should be more then enough to infect someone.
fenrirblack wrote:When you think about it how many animals are apart of the ECP. If you count the wolf pack as one unit and Gale and Pueblo as one unit then that’s only two natural animals versus the three therianthropes so it’s already being used for something other than it’s intended purpose.
I think it only strews the numbers to count the wolfs and pumas as units. Sure at the start it was one animal bringing their family into the program, but since then all of them have benefited and a lot of wolfs have real jobs now.
fenrirblack wrote:Well he did kind of deserve it. He did send a bunch of pets into a literal death trap and if not for Tarot’s interference they could have died. All so he could bypass the death traps himself because of a magic scroll and access the mana to do who knows what to the universe. Then he unleashed unspeakable evil into the world and if it for Breel being kidnapped would’ve walked away with the others. But none of his schemes have cost him anything besides some mild inconveniences. He’s still rich, he still has Breel, he’s still not in jail, even when he died he came back almost immediately, and all his enemies were turned into animals.
We don't know what Keene was going to do with the mana exactly. It's a fallacy to project something he could have done and then abolish him for that thing. All we know is He fundamentally disagrees with Pete's plan and he didn't think about how turning humans into animals would be good for his cause until after he heard about Marion, some time after his access to the mana. Keene didn't summon The Forgotten, that was Breel. If you're saying it's Keene's fault because his yelling made Breel cry, then that logic is so shaky you could just as easily say Tarot or Max is responsible. I think it is pretty clear Keene learned his lesson from Temple Crashers 2. His confession in Pandemonium wasn't some front for lawyers or shareholders, it was raw and what he truly felt. He has felt real consequences, too. The comic didn't dwell on it excessively, but Keene was literally tortured by the demons of Pandemonium. There isn't much worse you could get then that.
Gameb18oy wrote:Zach not needing therapy... *Laughes in irrational and rational bunny fear*, also he and Marvin live with Tiger, that's enough for therapy I feel.
When Zach lived with Tiger that was not good for his mental health, but by now he's all but moved in with Jessica and found self-worth.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:What sort of therapy can he provide other than letting everybody that needs it pet him? :?:
Accupuncture? But seriously, who wouldn't feel better after petting Mungo? It worked for Keene. His therapy dog certification might have came with classes on how to be an actual therapist, though with how unaware he can be about the right way to console someone it might not have.
Ash Greytree wrote:Agreed with everyone who says that Keene needs to be investigated and made to come clean. He very clearly has been keeping not only Marion, Marion's family, and Lois in the dark, but also Lana by the looks of it, and she of all people needs to have mission-critical info about potential future transformations and transformation causes on hand! Fox & King likely won't be too happy either, and neither will Breel. If Keene is doing something truly underhanded, he's hurting his chances of getting to go to Heaven with Breel, and ending up in Eudoant's clutches once again.
Saying he's keeping everybody in the dark and is a bad person for it implies he knows what's going on.
Nobody wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:We need more Duke in our lives.
Which one was Duke?
http://www.housepetscomic.com/character/duke/
He's the least intelligent of the Miltons, but it's not his fault he's young and inexperienced.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Personally my favorite actually is Rock and I am hoping that we do get to see him again at some point. My favorite used to be Keene but he went down a few points when he went crazy in the temple and hurt Breel's feelings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he was actually a pit bull I think he might be a lot more aggressive and dangerous than he is now because unfortunately pit bulls are not known to be very friendly and can turn on you.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Pit bulls were historically bred to be extremely good natured with humans, and modern conceptions of the breed as generally bad tempered are greatly distorted and actively harm the breed by driving unnecessary fear toward them. Any dog that is not properly trained and socialized can become aggressive when provoked, and pit bulls are no more likely than other breeds to behave this way
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The missus and I have volunteered at animal shelters for many years. Tragically, it seems every decade there is an "official vicious breed" which somehow becomes the guarddog/attackdog/manlydog/fightbettingdog of choice and they acquire a reputation for savagery. Rotweilers, German shepherds, Dobermans have all had their ascendency in this lamentable role. Very often the "training" these animals have received has been abuse masked as training.

We've had a fair number of Pit Bulls over the years, often because owners did not have the patience, the knowledge, or the temperament to train them. Most of them were eventually adopted, especially after we got on the internet and advertised them north. We even adopted out a couple of the "tough guys" to families who knew how to handle them. Some were too far gone for adoption, but more often for physical problems. What people do to animals sometimes will break your heart.

You probably know the dog in "The Little Rascals" with the circle around his eye was a pit bull. They're really no more naturally vicious than any other breed.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

While I agree with every word of that, there's another aspect to consider which is that when dogs are acting aggressively for whatever reason that is, a bite from a pit bull would end up being more serious than one from most other types of dog because pit bulls were bred specifically for that biting strength.
That's no reason to ban a breed but it is one more reason make sure that it'll be going to a home where it will be treated well and be happy. The people breeding the dogs and selling them to those people who use them as attack dogs or (god forbid) fighting dogs are probably not completely in the dark about what happens to them once they leave... this is their line of work after all and like anyone who makes their living selling something to people they will start to see patterns and become knowledgeable about the different types of customers they get, even if they don't know the whole story of any one of them. They are the ones with the power to say "you know what, I'm not going to sell to you" and I think, while the lion's share of the responsibility of what happens to an individual pet is of course on the shoulders of whoever owns them, the overall problem is largely the fault of the breeders and sellers who knowingly choose to sell the dogs to those people.

Myself, I am not a dog person -- I just don't get along well with them. But my brother and I have the best, most affectionate cat in the world... who we adopted from a shelter. :)
Last edited by Vertigo Fox on Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am also more of a cat person rather than a dog person but I do have two of my own and they are little dogs so they can be neurotic at times and have big egos. Especially my Pekingese dog. My other dog is 1/4's Chihuahua and 3/4's Shih Tzu.