2019/11/01 - It's True, It's All True

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2019/11/01 - It's True, It's All True

Post by Dissension »

[ It's True It's All True ]

Title Text: DON'T LIE TO ME A CAMEL EXPLAINED THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY FROM HIS OFFICE THAT IS A ROCK

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
LunarFox

Re: 2019/11/01 - It's True, It's All True

Post by LunarFox »

Thanks for this, Diss! Just because I'm not sure, are only mods allowed to post comic threads?

--
Well, looks like things are getting a little odd here... I might even say that they're hairy.

Marion, take a chill pill,
You both are gonna be fine,
It's a test of your will,
And your sanity's sure on the line!

Poncho's just as confused as you,
A truly perplexed wolf guard,
But please don't eat his face, Marion,
He'd surely slap you hard!

Well, if wolfy didn't see a thing,
Who knows where this might go?
The temple fell, so where's the bling?
The power must still flow...

Seriously though, it seems real odd
That Poncho saw nothing,
Lois now is four-pawed
Without a glimpse of bling...

At least Lois has the decency
To keep her thinking level,
But now we'll just have to see
Who did this- the dino-devil?

Whoever did it wasn't Poncho,
That much, I hope, is clear,
Marion, just calm down, whoa,
The end isn't yet near.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

Lois might be a lynx or a bobcat
Her paws, she is still taking looks at
But when both of the boys
Start to yelp and make noise
She speaks up to tell them both, "Stop that!"

And we already see the first hints that Lois is inclined to be more sensible about things than Marion. Her first words after the change are to scold Marion and Poncho for arguing.

It's funny how the first thing you do after being transformed or put into a new body is to look down at your hands. I've written about people doing that in transformation stories I've written, they did it in the show gen:LOCK, and again we see Lois doing it here. I guess it's because your hands are the part of your body that you have in your field of vision most often, so they're the first thing you would see, and hence the first thing you can examine.

And Marion's got such a mad on that he's kind of not thinking about the potential consequences of a squirrel attacking a fully-grown wolf. It's like being attacked by a snack. :)

Luckily, civilization and stuff.
Last edited by Robotech_Master on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Glad to see Thomas's influence is going to last only one whole strip before Lois gets a word in and talks some sense into the boys.
LunarFox wrote:Just because I'm not sure, are only mods allowed to post comic threads?
I inquired about that a while ago and this is the response I got: "We do ask that only staff members make the comic thread as this avoids duplicate threads and confusion and helps to keep the comic discussions in one neat place which makes moderation easier.".
The cape comes with the promotion.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I cant really blame Marion here. If this had happened before talking with Thomas, he'd have gone straight to Lois to see if she was ok. But here, he gets instant confirmation of what he thought was a crazy conspiracy right away.

Besides, Keene didnt send Poncho. Lana did.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I still say Marion is overreacting and is embarrassing himself, Poncho, and Lois. But I also will say, I would do the exact same thing for the sole purpose of being overly dramatic.

Poor Poncho though. He’s part of this now. Not in a good way.

Thank goodness, Lois is there to be the calm one through this entire scenario. I do wonder if she hadn’t already had prior knowledge and experience with this stuff if her reaction would be different. I doubt she would have a Marion level freak out but I wonder if she would at least panic.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Robotech_Master

dr_eirik wrote:I cant really blame Marion here. If this had happened before talking with Thomas, he'd have gone straight to Lois to see if she was ok. But here, he gets instant confirmation of what he thought was a crazy conspiracy right away.

I'm trying to figure out how Marion even knows about Keene. The one and only time he's appeared in this arc was when King and Fox went to discuss the matter with him and he put on sunglasses and said they were going to make a thing out of it. Marion's never been seen to meet him on-camera, and I don't think Thomas mentioned him by name.

Of course, I suppose they could have met somewhere off-panel, but it seems odd—Keene stepped down from running the ECP, after all, so what reason would Marion have had to meet him, or to blame him? I'm inclined to suspect possibly a little bit of writer confusion.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Funny how Louis is a little bit fuzzy but when Steward or Thomas were transformed the process didn’t left them like that

What do you mean I’m looking to much into that?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Ninkurou

Careful Marion!

Post by Ninkurou »

Marion is so angry that he just forgot that he is a weak squirrel. Forgot that rodents are part of wolfs diet in the wild...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

IT LIVES!!!!

His anger is rising
in all the worst ways,
as Lois is more concerned
by the shades of her greys.
She's distracted by them
as the Wolfy fur flies;
with Marion thinking
there's truth to the lies.
She's logical and he isn't,
letting fury rule his frame;
hustling for vague answers
now Lois has fur in the game.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Champion Wallace wrote:Glad to see Thomas's influence is going to last only one whole strip before Lois gets a word in and talks some sense into the boys.
LunarFox wrote:Just because I'm not sure, are only mods allowed to post comic threads?
I inquired about that a while ago and this is the response I got: "We do ask that only staff members make the comic thread as this avoids duplicate threads and confusion and helps to keep the comic discussions in one neat place which makes moderation easier.".

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out!
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
dr_eirik

Re: Careful Marion!

Post by dr_eirik »

Ninkurou wrote:Marion is so angry that he just forgot that he is a weak squirrel. Forgot that rodents are part of wolfs diet in the wild...
I think wolves will eat almost anything in the wild. Marion hasn't completely accepted the fact that he is way down on the food chain now.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Lois was right. Poncho is adorable.
Robotech_Master wrote:I'm trying to figure out how Marion even knows about Keene.
I'm pretty sure everyone in Babylon Gardens knows about the millionaire ferrets.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Next page prediction: Zoo security shows up to tranquilize Lois so she doesn't have a chance to calm everyone down, making the situation much worse.
This prediction is based entirely on it being the worst possible thing that could happen right now.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CunningFox wrote:Lois was right. Poncho is adorable.
Robotech_Master wrote:I'm trying to figure out how Marion even knows about Keene.
I'm pretty sure everyone in Babylon Gardens knows about the millionaire ferrets.
Plus the fact that he met the Ferrets earlier.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Loving the expressions on this page. Marion's angry faces, Lois looking down at her paws in what looks like shock (not disbelief, probably, since she seems to have already gotten past the fact that this could happen thanks to Marion), Poncho looking genuinely scared of Marion... excellent work on all of it.
Nobody wrote:Next page prediction: Zoo security shows up to tranquilize Lois so she doesn't have a chance to calm everyone down, making the situation much worse.
This prediction is based entirely on it being the worst possible thing that could happen right now.
If that was going to happen, I think it would've happened at the end of the last part to create a gripping cliffhanger. What I can see happening now is either one of two things: Marion and Poncho comment on Lois' voice sounding much more masculine and it turns out her sex got changed along with her species, just like Marion, or Lois' sex is still female and Poncho starts making heart eyes at her since he seems to have a thing for big cats, which prompts Marion to bite Poncho's ear.

As for what possibly happens next after that: Zookeepers get calmed down by Poncho who comes up with a clever lie and they decide to skedaddle out of there right-quick, not having the time to pester/threaten Thomas more to try and squeeze more answers out of him. They either go to Keene's house to demand an explanation that Keene can't (or in a twist, actually can provide), or over to King and The Wolves where Kitsune finally gets involved.

Whatever happens, I definitely believe that Bronson and Mr. Porter are going to get transformed in the near future, too, and sow further chaos among the human populace.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Come on, Marion, how can you blame Poncho of what's now clear? :? Ask Lois, instead. What did happen to her? What did she, and Poncho too, see? Thomas badly influenced you now... :| Eh, now you neither understand the meaning of the words, Marion. ;) Let Lois say what she got... Anyway, a squirrel attacking a wolf is something you don't see everyday. :P

PS: still no title text available?
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I've seen a squirrel attacking a snow leopard, so it can't be unheard of.
The cat was in a cage, the squirrel was not. The squirrel still got eaten.

That was the day I began to realise how frighteningly smart snow leopards are...
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote:I've seen a squirrel attacking a snow leopard, so it can't be unheard of.

That was the day I began to realise how frighteningly smart snow leopards are...
… or how jaw-droppingly dumb squirrels is.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote:
Vertigo Fox wrote:I've seen a squirrel attacking a snow leopard, so it can't be unheard of.

… or how jaw-droppingly dumb squirrels are.
Fixed that for you!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Dissension wrote:Title Text: DON'T LIE TO ME A CAMEL EXPLAINED THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY FROM HIS OFFICE THAT IS A ROCK
I love how insane that sounds out of context. Heck, I love how insane that sounds IN context.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:I cant really blame Marion here. If this had happened before talking with Thomas, he'd have gone straight to Lois to see if she was ok. But here, he gets instant confirmation of what he thought was a crazy conspiracy right away.

*gasp* :shock: Maybe LANA is behind his and Lois' transformation!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nobody wrote:
Dissension wrote:Title Text: DON'T LIE TO ME A CAMEL EXPLAINED THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY FROM HIS OFFICE THAT IS A ROCK
I love how insane that sounds out of context. Heck, I love how insane that sounds IN context.
Its funny that, in the HP universe, the strangest part of that sentence is not that a camel explained something to you.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ash Greytree wrote:
Nobody wrote:Next page prediction: Zoo security shows up to tranquilize Lois so she doesn't have a chance to calm everyone down, making the situation much worse.
If that was going to happen, I think it would've happened at the end of the last part to create a gripping cliffhanger. What I can see happening now is either one of two things: Marion and Poncho comment on Lois' voice sounding much more masculine and it turns out her sex got changed along with her species, just like Marion, or Lois' sex is still female and Poncho starts making heart eyes at her since he seems to have a thing for big cats, which prompts Marion to bite Poncho's ear.

As for what possibly happens next after that: Zookeepers get calmed down by Poncho who comes up with a clever lie and they decide to skedaddle out of there right-quick, not having the time to pester/threaten Thomas more to try and squeeze more answers out of him. They either go to Keene's house to demand an explanation that Keene can't (or in a twist, actually can provide), or over to King and The Wolves where Kitsune finally gets involved.

Whatever happens, I definitely believe that Bronson and Mr. Porter are going to get transformed in the near future, too, and sow further chaos among the human populace.
I don’t know if the security would get involved simply because we already did something like that the wolves. If the security is involved at all I feel like it would be off panel and really just more incentive to leave than there already is. Mad rush out of the zoo and if Poncho goes with them the Wolf house is the number one option. I can see the pups playing/tormenting Marion while the adults discuss the situation. Someone is going to have to call Lana and Keene. Kitsune should finally be involved if they are at the house. Honestly this is the best option for the stories progression. We finally get some answers now that Lois is now An animal which I think is what we were holding out for.

I also believe this is going to be the final part of this portion of Marion’s tale. If I had to guess it will end around New Years or Christmas then we’ll start a new story in January. We’ve haven’t seen Peanut in forever.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well everybody, it is officially. Marion has officially began to have a major freakout. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:

… or how jaw-droppingly dumb squirrels are.
Fixed that for you!
You do'ed? Thanks, Welsh.
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

Someone posted a theory a few pages ago that the wolves were carrying the curse and they didn't know. I know I'm the captain of Team Eudoant and all, but I think they might be onto something. Maybe the wolves really are carrying the curse, or more specifically, they're carrying those ECP tags which just so happen to look an awful lot like gold coins around their necks!
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:

I don’t know if the security would get involved simply because we already did something like that the wolves. If the security is involved at all I feel like it would be off panel and really just more incentive to leave than there already is. Mad rush out of the zoo and if Poncho goes with them the Wolf house is the number one option. I can see the pups playing/tormenting Marion while the adults discuss the situation. Someone is going to have to call Lana and Keene. Kitsune should finally be involved if they are at the house. Honestly this is the best option for the stories progression. We finally get some answers now that Lois is now An animal which I think is what we were holding out for.

I also believe this is going to be the final part of this portion of Marion’s tale. If I had to guess it will end around New Years or Christmas then we’ll start a new story in January. We’ve haven’t seen Peanut in forever.
I'm just imagining how Lois would react to security showing up and trying to cage her. Based on what we've seen of her personality, I think she'd try to calmly and rationally talk it through, explaining that she is not a zoo animal, that they have no right to hold her, and then ask Poncho to confirm to security that what she is saying is the truth.

Since babbling about people transforming into animals and ferret millionaire conspiracies is the fastest way to lose credibility, I'm pretty sure Lois wouldn't try to explain any of that part of her situation, and instead focus on the facts that everyone can easily understand.

At the very least, it would buy time. The zoo would have to confirm that she doesn't belong there. Once that's done, they could either throw her out (optimal outcome) or put her in a cage anyway, but that would probably require a lot of paperwork just to make it legal. Animals don't get the same rights as humans in HP, but they probably get at least equivalent rights to animals IRL, and IRL most zoo animals were either bred in the zoo, transferred from a different zoo, were confiscated from someone keeping the animal illegally, or were rescued after injury. Its very rare nowadays for animals to just be taken from the wild and put in a zoo. This is an equivalent situation.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Please don't go full metal tinfoil hat, Marion.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:Once that's done, they could either throw her out (optimal outcome) or put her in a cage anyway, but that would probably require a lot of paperwork just to make it legal.
They'll call Animal Control who will haul her 20 miles off (or maybe all the way into what used to be Gale's territory) like they did with Falstaff and I think Cory.

Also, with Karishad and the wolves playing Last Predator Standing, they're probably blasé about wacky wildlife hijinks.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Argent wrote:Please don't go full metal tinfoil hat, Marion.
VeryAngryDeer wrote:Once that's done, they could either throw her out (optimal outcome) or put her in a cage anyway, but that would probably require a lot of paperwork just to make it legal.
They'll call Animal Control who will haul her 20 miles off (or maybe all the way into what used to be Gale's territory) like they did with Falstaff and I think Cory.

Also, with Karishad and the wolves playing Last Predator Standing, they're probably blasé about wacky wildlife hijinks.
A middling outcome, then. Still gets her free, but also means she'd be 20 miles away. Long way to walk back from.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Argent wrote:Please don't go full metal tinfoil hat, Marion.

A middling outcome, then. Still gets her free, but also means she'd be 20 miles away. Long way to walk back from.
Call her parents.
Lois: Mom, i need you to come pick me and Marion up on the side of Hwy 6. No we didn't break down or anything. Well, it's complicated. I was dropped off in the woods by animal control. Yeah, like I said it's complicated.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:I'm just imagining how Lois would react to security showing up and trying to cage her. Based on what we've seen of her personality, I think she'd try to calmly and rationally talk it through, explaining that she is not a zoo animal, that they have no right to hold her, and then ask Poncho to confirm to security that what she is saying is the truth.
>.>

You know, I'd actually love that. It would instantly defuse a huge part of the tension established by having the PA announce her to security, but I like a character who can keep a cool head in bizzare situations and also has the charisma to talk their way out of a problem that would seem impossible to escape.
SeanWolf wrote:

*gasp* :shock: Maybe LANA is behind his and Lois' transformation!
This makes all of the sense and is now my head canon.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote: Call her parents.
Lois: Mom, i need you to come pick me and Marion up on the side of Hwy 6. No we didn't break down or anything. Well, it's complicated. I was dropped off in the woods by animal control. Yeah, like I said it's complicated.
I was going to say something about the possibility of it being contagious... but then I remembered that Lois was not the first human Marion interacted with after being turned into a squirrel. His mother, and then Mrs McGillicuddy were, and neither have transformed. If it is contagious, then it requires physical contact, and that can be managed.

As for a phone call, while I said Lois would be evasive about transformation with the zookeepers, I think she'd be more direct when talking to her parents. A bigger issue is, I don't see her bag. The only clothing she's still wearing is her bandana. If she had her mobile phone with her, where is it now?

Lois: "My phone's missing. I had it a minute ago."
Marion: "I'll get my phone and we can try calling it."
*brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr*
Phone: "Hello, living ones. I have found your device. If you wish me to return it, please come to my apartment. I live at 2408 Workhouse Street, Pandemonium. On the way in, tell the concierge you are looking for Eudoant."
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
I was going to say something about the possibility of it being contagious... but then I remembered that Lois was not the first human Marion interacted with after being turned into a squirrel. His mother, and then Mrs McGillicuddy were, and neither have transformed. If it is contagious, then it requires physical contact, and that can be managed.

As for a phone call, while I said Lois would be evasive about transformation with the zookeepers, I think she'd be more direct when talking to her parents. A bigger issue is, I don't see her bag. The only clothing she's still wearing is her bandana. If she had her mobile phone with her, where is it now?

*brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr*
Phone: "Hello, living ones. I have found your device. If you wish me to return it, please come to my apartment. I live at 2408 Workhouse Street, Pandemonium. On the way in, tell the concierge you are looking for Eudoant."
You mentioned Marion's mom. What if she transformed off-screen, due to being in contact with Marion?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

SeanWolf wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:

*brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr*
You mentioned Marion's mom. What if she transformed off-screen, due to being in contact with Marion?
I think if that happened, it would have been important enough that the school would have been informed, and they'd have told Marion. It would have had to have happened after Marion fell in the toilet.

Also, I couldn't find any panels where Marion touched his mother after becoming a squirrel. Even in the strip where Julia seems to decide he is still her son after all, they don't so much as hug.

Lois was the first human Marion touched, so if its spread that way, we'd expect Lois to be the first one affected. If he touched his mother offscreen, then it would probably happen to her later.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think any attempt to lock up Lois would be short lived. I'm sure that Lana or Keene is already on the way there, If not, a single call from them would grease the wheels to get her sprung.

If just from a story perspective, unless Thomas is going to continue to be important to the story, I think we leave the zoo really quickly. If zoo security does get involved, I think that Poncho will either talk them down or take a dart meant for her.

I have no doubt that Lois is going to hold it together for the coming pages, but I wonder if we might see her later, in private, break down when no one is watching.
Robotech_Master

Personally, I'm looking forward to the next strip just to get some idea of how Lois is going to react to this. She's already going to know what happened, since it already happened to Marion...so I'm looking forward to seeing how she feels about it. Hopefully if security is going to show up, they'll hold off for a strip or two to give that time to breathe.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:Lois was the first human Marion touched, so if its spread that way, we'd expect Lois to be the first one affected. If he touched his mother offscreen, then it would probably happen to her later.
That would also be a really long incubation time. Marion and Lois touched the night before so the delay would be 16 hours or so. If that's the case it's awfully (in)convenient Lois transformed when she did, especially after what Thomas just said. It would explain how Marion changed in bed without anyone getting to him in his house, though.
The cape comes with the promotion.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I'm still leaning into the idea that the two transformations are intentional, but starting with Lois might be done to make Marion appear to be some kind of patient zero.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If his mother, Bronson, Mr. Porter, those two guys in the bathroom while he was in the stall changed as well as the students in the cafeteria all end up changing, we'll know that it only happens if you interact with Marion for whatever reason.