2019/10/25 - Presto Chango

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Sir Chestnut

Re: 2019/10/25 - Presto Chango

Post by Sir Chestnut »

SeanWolf wrote:I just thought of this: The announcement said 'out of their cage'...what are the odds that either tomorrow's strip or Wednesday's will have the zoo putting Lois into a cage and not believing that she was a human?

I could see them somehow finding out about one of Karishad's tunnels to escape if that happens. I think Bruce & Roosevelt have one in their pen if I remember correctly.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Rikunda wrote:I kinda like whatever it going on. It is sad they switch genders though, but does look great as a male!
We don't know that she's switched genders.

1. Felines are hard to tell. Consider the 'grape's a girl?' opener and the whole running gag with the Bigglesworths.

2. Gale is totally buff.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Argent wrote:
Rikunda wrote:I kinda like whatever it going on. It is sad they switch genders though, but does look great as a male!

1. Felines are hard to tell. Consider the 'grape's a girl?' opener and the whole running gag with the Bigglesworths.

2. Gale is totally buff.
Lois was pretty flat chested as a human, but I don't think she had obvious pecs before being transformed.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Argent wrote:

2. Gale is totally buff.
Lois was pretty flat chested as a human, but I don't think she had obvious pecs before being transformed.
I'm hoping she's female on the rules that she would be the first actual female human transformed into a female animal. That, and she's a cat. :3

She looks male to me, but there are hints of her being female from the glasses, sitting pattern and the cheek fur being messier. I'm also expecting Poncho to start hitting on her x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:I just thought of this: The announcement said 'out of their cage'...what are the odds that either tomorrow's strip or Wednesday's will have the zoo putting Lois into a cage and not believing that she was a human?

I could see them somehow finding out about one of Karishad's tunnels to escape if that happens. I think Bruce & Roosevelt have one in their pen if I remember correctly.
So who else thinks that the next arc is going to be "My Life As A Teenage Lynx"?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Argent wrote:

2. Gale is totally buff.
She was, of course, wearing a non-form-fitting shirt.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote:

2. Gale is totally buff.
Everyone's getting buffed in this strip. ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I have a feeling that we won't see that. The announcement was probably just the joke without any real significance. My bet is Milton Manor or more likely Poncho just takes them home because A) he lives there and B) King is there.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or they'll just say, "yeah, yeah, yeah … I'm really human … that's what the camel said, too" and pitch her into the slammer.

Or else, as you suggest, Fen, Poncho pipes up and another really interesting dialogue breaks out. Wonder who is the voice on the announcement horn?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Here's a rather cruel thought. Marion was allergic to nuts, then got turned into a squirrel [it remains to be seen if he's still allergic], showing that the curse can turn people into animals with ironic diets. What if Lois, who just got turned into a carnivore, is a vegetarian? The bandana does give her a sort of hippie look. [Though I wonder if Rick just gave her the bandana to make her more recognisable post-transformation.]
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

The "To be continued..." implies there is going to be a break of some sort, but once part 5 (or whatever its called) starts I think I would find a jump cut to her behind bars glass funny.
GameCobra wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Argent wrote:Rikunda Wrote:
I kinda like whatever it going on. It is sad they switch genders though, but does look great as a male!

2. Gale is totally buff.
I'm hoping she's female on the rules that she would be the first actual female human transformed into a female animal. That, and she's a cat. :3

She looks male to me, but there are hints of her being female from the glasses, sitting pattern and the cheek fur being messier. I'm also expecting Poncho to start hitting on her x3
Building off that, the area between her legs is drawn like how Rick Griffin draws feminine characters (so not counting Grape). As fun as speculating is, we for sure can't say either way definitively as of now and we should get our answer soon after the arc resumes. Surely Marion and Lois are as interested in finding out if her sex swaped as much as we are.
The cape comes with the promotion.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Champion Wallace wrote:of some sort, but once part 5 (or whatever its called) starts I think I would find a jump cut to her behind bars glass funny.
I think there will be break (Checked how the last arcs ended and they were always followed by some one-offs). But yeah it would be funny to see that.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
RyanWilson

Post by RyanWilson »

Hagus wrote:Here's one of my takes on this. I skimmed and tried to make sure nobody else already said this so sorry if I'm repeating someone

The wolves are partially responsible. Not intentionally. My theory is that the wolves got cursed (by Dino Demon or someone else) to carry the transformation curse unknowingly. Since they have numbers, and are all across town, it can spread easier. So, in order for this to work, we have to assume a few things.
1. Marion touched a wolf shortly before going to sleep, whether it be a fist bump and then going inside or what.
2. The transformation takes at least 10 minutes, because Lois had pet Poncho, but didn't transform for a while.
3. Dino Demon (or an unknown) is involved.
If this is true, then Keene will no doubt discover this and most likely will send the wolves all over town. At school, it probably will be chaos. I know it doesn't make much sense but considering Poncho was the only other person around, and Steward didn't do it, I think it was caused by touching Poncho, or another wolf.
Thanks for reading and stuff ok byeeeee.
Well, curses are a form of magic. We don't necessarily have to have physical contact. Marion could have had virtual contact with one of the wolves while playing Overwatch. We know that at least one wolf plays video games online. A ten minute delay could have meant that he was asleep.

Another Weak Theory: If you consider the possibility that Marion may have run over a (female) squirrel off-screen (we know that he has a car), Lois was turned into a cat of a type that we suspect Poncho is interested in. Both examples could be forms of punishment (if we assume that manipulating Poncho was "wrong"). If we assume that punishment is involved, we can justify Dino-demon. It is from a world of punishment. Dino-demon appears to be a smaller version of The Forgotten, so it's probably not insignificant in terms of power. If Pandemonium is a world of punishment, and Dino-demon is a variety of creature of torment, then it could be, without stretching the known plot details, transforming humans as punishment for their "misdeeds."
Of course, Marion could also be being punished for functionally dropping out of a match because he fell asleep, and one of his teammates was a dog, so squirrel. Zero potential timeline issue there.

I can't even guess what the actual story will be, as the comic is being written in a way that deliberately makes that difficult. That difficulty is probably necessary for a webcomic or you end up with a fanfic that matches your actual story. Rick could have had that issue already, since it is known that he made significant changes to the Heaven is not enough arcs at some point between planning and production. It left several (mostly irrelevant) plot points unexplained.

Also, near the beginning of this arc http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... king-news/, we actually did have the word "pandemonium" used instead of the more obvious term "chaos." Could have been a hint... or not.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

RyanWilson wrote:
Hagus wrote:Here's one of my takes on this. I skimmed and tried to make sure nobody else already said this so sorry if I'm repeating someone

The wolves are partially responsible. Not intentionally. My theory is that the wolves got cursed (by Dino Demon or someone else) to carry the transformation curse unknowingly. Since they have numbers, and are all across town, it can spread easier. So, in order for this to work, we have to assume a few things.
1. Marion touched a wolf shortly before going to sleep, whether it be a fist bump and then going inside or what.
2. The transformation takes at least 10 minutes, because Lois had pet Poncho, but didn't transform for a while.
3. Dino Demon (or an unknown) is involved.
If this is true, then Keene will no doubt discover this and most likely will send the wolves all over town. At school, it probably will be chaos. I know it doesn't make much sense but considering Poncho was the only other person around, and Steward didn't do it, I think it was caused by touching Poncho, or another wolf.
Thanks for reading and stuff ok byeeeee.
Well, curses are a form of magic. We don't necessarily have to have physical contact. Marion could have had virtual contact with one of the wolves while playing Overwatch. We know that at least one wolf plays video games online. A ten minute delay could have meant that he was asleep.

Another Weak Theory: If you consider the possibility that Marion may have run over a (female) squirrel off-screen (we know that he has a car), Lois was turned into a cat of a type that we suspect Poncho is interested in. Both examples could be forms of punishment (if we assume that manipulating Poncho was "wrong"). If we assume that punishment is involved, we can justify Dino-demon. It is from a world of punishment. Dino-demon appears to be a smaller version of The Forgotten, so it's probably not insignificant in terms of power. If Pandemonium is a world of punishment, and Dino-demon is a variety of creature of torment, then it could be, without stretching the known plot details, transforming humans as punishment for their "misdeeds."
Of course, Marion could also be being punished for functionally dropping out of a match because he fell asleep, and one of his teammates was a dog, so squirrel. Zero potential timeline issue there.

I can't even guess what the actual story will be, as the comic is being written in a way that deliberately makes that difficult. That difficulty is probably necessary for a webcomic or you end up with a fanfic that matches your actual story. Rick could have had that issue already, since it is known that he made significant changes to the Heaven is not enough arcs at some point between planning and production. It left several (mostly irrelevant) plot points unexplained.

Also, near the beginning of this arc http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... king-news/, we actually did have the word "pandemonium" used instead of the more obvious term "chaos." Could have been a hint... or not.
You know, that theory about 'punishment' was something I thinking of some time ago. If this is true, then I think this would be the first time the comic had a legit villain (Dinomon aka Dino-Demon) that poses a legitimate threat!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

D-Rock wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Argent wrote:We don't know that she's switched genders.

2. Gale is totally buff.
She was, of course, wearing a non-form-fitting shirt.
Which reinforces my point. If the non-form-fitting shirt was hiding anything, then it'd be even stranger that her cat-form appears to have chiseled muscles where breasts would be.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Maybe Marion likes strong girls.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

CunningFox wrote:Maybe Marion likes strong girls.
She was already a strong girl. Now she a strong cat of sorts.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Miau.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .......... !
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Good kitty

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now we just have to make sure kitty doesn't get any bloodthirsty urges. :geek:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Alternately, Lois is now the villain. Can she be stopped before bloodlust drives her to commit unspeakable horrors????

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I want to put something else on the table. I’ve been thinking for awhile how the characters are like Harry Potter characters. Marion is Harry obviously and Lois is Hermione. So that leaves Bronson to play Ron. That means he needs to be changed. If Lois does have the will to go back to school then maybe Bronson will finally think he has a chance with her. That act alone should invite karmic punishment on him and complete the trio.

New InSane theory, Mr. Porter really was the video store manager. He took a job at the school to spy on potential targets because the DVD was in fact the thing that unleashed the curse on the human population of the town. And he’s actually the Dino-Demon in disguise! It makes too much sense.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Dissension wrote:Alternately, Lois is now the villain. Can she be stopped before bloodlust drives her to commit unspeakable horrors????
Sure. Got a laser pointer?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Dissension wrote:Alternately, Lois is now the villain. Can she be stopped before bloodlust drives her to commit unspeakable horrors????
Sure. Got a laser pointer?
Okay, that got a serious guffaw outta me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Although in about ten minutes, I'm gonna start missing my cat but that's not your fault, dr.)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I dunno, she recognized Marion, so she might resist her instincts. So Marion might be okay. Plus having a wildcat on his side nigh be good if Marion has to confront Steward.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

trekkie wrote:I dunno, she recognized Marion, so she might resist her instincts. So Marion might be okay. Plus having a wildcat on his side nigh be good if Marion has to confront Steward.
Given what we've seen, Marion has little to worry about. I dont think that she'd even blame him at all. Trip to the zoo was her idea, after all.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Lois has only seen Marion as a squirrel while she was a human. Now that she is some sort of feline and has all of those instincts that come along with it, we don't know if she will decide Marion is a tasty snack.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Lois has only seen Marion as a squirrel while she was a human. Now that she is some sort of feline and has all of those instincts that come along with it, we don't know if she will decide Marion is a tasty snack.
Does she have all those instincts that come along with it? Marion gained tree climbing instincts, but being a squirrel didn't result in him having an insatiable need to eat nuts. Certainly, if he did feel any urges to eat nuts, he was easily able to ignore them when he thought about his nut allergy.

Whilst it would be pretty horrifying to suddenly be having thoughts about how your partner would just taste so delicious if you just put them in your mouth and bit, I don't think Lois is likely to be overcome by such feelings.

Free will, yo. We don't choose our thoughts, but we can choose our actions.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Everyone's getting buffed in this strip. ;)
Moreso than usual.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

CunningFox wrote:Maybe Marion likes strong girls.
Seems like he has a bit more in common with King.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since that is the case, it looks like King and Bailey are the prototype of Marion and Lois. Only except Bailey was never transformed and Marion and Lois's romance was only just stated and we didn't see it.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Lois has only seen Marion as a squirrel while she was a human. Now that she is some sort of feline and has all of those instincts that come along with it, we don't know if she will decide Marion is a tasty snack.
Does she have all those instincts that come along with it? Marion gained tree climbing instincts, but being a squirrel didn't result in him having an insatiable need to eat nuts. Certainly, if he did feel any urges to eat nuts, he was easily able to ignore them when he thought about his nut allergy.

Whilst it would be pretty horrifying to suddenly be having thoughts about how your partner would just taste so delicious if you just put them in your mouth and bit, I don't think Lois is likely to be overcome by such feelings.

Other than playing with chew toys I don't think King has ever exhibited any sort of canine instinct.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
Other than playing with chew toys I don't think King has ever exhibited any sort of canine instinct.
Well, he fell for, married and had puppies with a husky, so there had to be some kind of instincts there.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

fenrirblack wrote:I'm going to throw a guess into the ring and say that Lois did NOT gender-swap for several reasons.....

C. Poncho-Lois shipping is now a real thing without it being as weird. We know he has a thing for large cat species.
While I agree with all your other points, i personally feel as this one doesn't make as much sense as all the others, and a ship wouldn't stop a gender bender from happening, regarding the frustration and other points. Also, I don't think that's a ship that will most likely happen, unless rick griffin decides, or people demand Lois brakes up with marion (which doesn't seem fair to marion and is a bit cruel) to make their ship cannon, other wise a romantic/sexual (yes, I get this is more of a kid oriented "family" friendly, but still, sexual innuendos can exist...) ship will NOT most likely happen in the foreseeable future.

I am all for ships. Just NOT that ship, because of who is dating them, and to some degree, I can relate to marion.

On a side note, she does look like she has a guy's body though, or maybe just all female cats of that species are like that in the Housepets universe?
Last edited by ZAR22 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:

His taste in fedoras, maybe...…. ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

ZAR22 wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I'm going to throw a guess into the ring and say that Lois did NOT gender-swap for several reasons.....

C. Poncho-Lois shipping is now a real thing without it being as weird. We know he has a thing for large cat species.
While I agree with all your other points, i personally feel as this one doesn't make as much sense as all the others, and a ship wouldn't stop a gender bender from happening, regarding the frustration and other points. Also, I don't think that's a ship that will most likely happen, unless ruck griffin decides, or people demand Lois brakes up with marion (which doesn't seem fair to marion and is a bit cruel) to make their ship cannon, other wise a romantic/sexual (yes, I get this is more of a kid oriented "family" friendly, but still, sexual innuendos can exist...) ship will NOT most likely happen in the foreseeable future.

I am all for ships. Just NOT that ship, because of who is dating them, and to some degree, I can relate to marion.
I think that and ship here would be one-sided, which Poncho is not exactly above doing. He had a crush on Gale which she only slightly pretended to be open to just long enough to get out of his trap. So, it depends on if his thing for Gale was for her specifically (she helped him with his wound when he was young) or if he just has a thing for strong cats.

Neither of those means Lois has to be even slightly interested in him. And I think this transformation, even into an incomparable species, will keep these two together for a while.

ZAR22 wrote: On a side note, she does look like she has a guy's body though, or maybe just all female cats of that species are like that in the Housepets universe?
There is very little gender dysmorphism in Housepets, so it's really hard to tell. Looking back at the camping arc, especially in scenes with Miles and Gale, it is very tough to tell which is male and female if you don't already know the characters.

That being said, I think she is female. There's nothing solid, though. Something about her position and the way her hips are drawn make me think that. I guess we'll find out when the strips continue.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

dr_eirik wrote:
Neither of those means Lois has to be even slightly interested in him. And I think this transformation, even into an incomparable species, will keep these two together for a while.
Yes, but then again, when doing fan service (or when fan service is involved), or forced to, or when paid alot of money, ships that most likely wouldn't happened or characters who wouldn't do that else it would be out of character, would happen in some cases. Not saying it's going to happen, hope it doesn't, but you never know.

And when you mean keep THESE TWO together, do you mean(?):

A. Marion and lois
B. Lois and poncho
C. Marion and poncho

Sorry, I didn't seem to understand really well which two you were referring to.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that he was referring to Marion and Lois because the two of them are already together...
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Yeah, I meant Marion and Lois. There might be some shipping with Lois and Poncho, but if there is in the comic it's going to be unrequited.

I strongly suspect that the relationships here are only going to be dictated by how Rick feels about them and what is needed for the story. He does not seem prone to being seriously influenced by fans.