2019/10/21 - Tell Me Lies

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/10/21 - Tell Me Lies

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/10/21 - Tell Me Lies]
Title Text: careful Marion, the horns means he's about to tell you some bull

Choose your devil, Marion.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/10/21 - Tell Me Lies

Post by Saturn381 »

How did he grew those horns? :lol:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Then Thomas had an idea. An awful idea. Thomas got a wonderful, awful idea.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ooooohhhhh would you look at that, this is gonna be interesting.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Last direct heir? It’s a good thing for Thomas that no one told Marion about Celia. It's convoluted, but technically that part is more of a lie then the cursing since it could be argued that was Keene's fault.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Funnily enough, Thomas hasn't really lied. From his perspective, Keene did this to him by not warning about the curse.

The real question is, is Thomas smart enough to actually take advantage of this? His plans have had a tendency to go wrong.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh this is going to be interesting. I hope the Ferrets can handle this well.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Wow, I don’t think I have enough eye rolls in me for this :roll:

Come on, Marion isn’t dumb enough to fall for this level of carp. Please let Marion not be dumb enough. I mean we all knew this was a possibility that Thomas would lie through his teeth to turn Marion against the Milton’s but what’s the Endgame. Thomas admitted the scrolls are gone and it’s not like Marion can help him out of the zoo.

Poncho did literally tell Marion that Thomas was cursed by the treasure. Indirectly the Milton’s doing but stil mainly Thomas and Pete’s fault that it happened.

Lastly that first panel is a extremely unflattering image of Thomas.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Could be that Thomas feels if he can't return to normal, destroying the one he views as responsible will be enough.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Yeah, this doesn't look good. Where's good ol' Lois when you need her? What with the Miltons thrown in, I was half expecting some Paradise Lost reference.

Oh boy, oh swell,
I'd don't think this'll go well.
Thomas has two red horns,
And in his mind, a plan is born.
Can he trick the little creature?
We'll see what tricks his revenge does feature.
I don't like where this is going,
not with the way those horms are glowing.
Thomas, please don't try to trick him,
I'm sure you'll only get a lickin'.
What happens next? I still don't know,
But for Marion's sake, oh, God, Thomas, no!
Last edited by LunarFox on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Just wanted to say before the crazy theories come ~

No, Thomas is not his son. He's Henry's nephew. :3

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... n-babylon/
fenrirblack wrote:Wow, I don’t think I have enough eye rolls in me for this :roll:

Come on, Marion isn’t dumb enough to fall for this level of carp. Please let Marion not be dumb enough. I mean we all knew this was a possibility that Thomas would lie through his teeth to turn Marion against the Milton’s but what’s the Endgame. Thomas admitted the scrolls are gone and it’s not like Marion can help him out of the zoo.

Poncho did literally tell Marion that Thomas was cursed by the treasure. Indirectly the Milton’s doing but stil mainly Thomas and Pete’s fault that it happened.

Lastly that first panel is a extremely unflattering image of Thomas.
It's not about him being dumb - it's about him being desperate. Marion could be manipulated in his situation to believe that the Ferrets caused all of this due to the ECP, which i'm banking Thomas is going to abuse.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

People look for the devil in the wrong direction;
it’s not in the stripe but the reflection.
It’s in all the malevolent intent
and in the plots that will never relent.
Thomas wants to burn them all down,
those he thinks went and stole his rightful crown;
but it’s fate that he brought on his own head;
only chance that stopped him dying instead.
He has to find a way to let it go;
which can’t be easy when on public show.
Drawing Marion into the madness
Won’t help Tom to adapt, just to regress.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:Wow, I don’t think I have enough eye rolls in me for this :roll:

Dumb enough? Maybe not. Desperate enough? Sure. Depends on the tall tale that Thomas is going to whip up. It doesn't help that no one even told Marion about Thomas at all.

At this moment, Thomas likely just sees an opportunity to throw the Milton's into chaos. Perhaps he can convince Marion to simply spread his story around and get the media interested. There is already a rumor that the Milton's can change people into animals. Now Thomas reappears as a camel? That might create the kind of press even Keene would hate.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Come on, Marion isn’t dumb enough to fall for this level of carp. Please let Marion not be dumb enough. I mean we all knew this was a possibility that Thomas would lie through his teeth to turn Marion against the Milton’s but what’s the Endgame. Thomas admitted the scrolls are gone and it’s not like Marion can help him out of the zoo.
Marion's been on a wild ride these past couple of days. It's hard for him to know who to trust. We know how sleazy Thomas is, but Marion just met him so has just as much reason to trust him as Poncho or Keene. Additionally, if with all our information we don't know what Thomas's motivation for lying is, why would Marion think Thomas has a reason to lie?
GameCobra wrote:Just wanted to say before the crazy theories come ~

No, Thomas is not his son. He's Henry's nephew. :3

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... n-babylon/
So? I don't think Henry had any human children so Thomas and Celia would be the most direct heirs.
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

dr_eirik wrote:

Dumb enough? Maybe not. Desperate enough? Sure. Depends on the tall tale that Thomas is going to whip up. It doesn't help that no one even told Marion about Thomas at all.

At this moment, Thomas likely just sees an opportunity to throw the Milton's into chaos. Perhaps he can convince Marion to simply spread his story around and get the media interested. There is already a rumor that the Milton's can change people into animals. Now Thomas reappears as a camel? That might create the kind of press even Keene would hate.
Precisely.

Also, judging from the way Thomas is acting, he's going to try twisting the story now that he's the legitimate owner of the fortune, not the ferrets.
Champion Wallace wrote:So? I don't think Henry had any human children so Thomas and Celia would be the most direct heirs.
Heir terminology these days usually means immediate heir to the family such as brothers and sisters. While technically a heir is anyone in the family that sits in the position for the throne/fortune, it usually pertains to someone more. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion about that. :3
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Even if the ferrets could turn people into animals, why would they do it to Marion? Let's see how Thomas will spin this...
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote:
Precisely.

Also, judging from the way Thomas is acting, he's going to try twisting the story now that he's the legitimate owner of the fortune, not the ferrets.
Of course, the dispensation of the fortune would have been decided by the courts years ago. I doubt that Thomas would have a legal way to go after that.

But the court of public opinion is different. Thomas could be in a position to burn the ECP to the ground, which would possibly have effects on the Wolves, Gale and Marion down the road.

When Thomas first came up, I expressed that I didnt care that much about him, he felt like a character who had run his course and was frankly a fool that Duke could beat in a battle of the twits. I think this is the first time in the entire comic hes ever felt dangerous.

Unlike Steward, who felt like a schemer but not evil, Thomas actually feels like a real villian now.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

Precisely.

I don't know because there are still too many missing factors and moving parts. Let's look at this situation from the perspective of a criminal mastermind and then lets tone that down to Thomas's level. He's in the zoo, a camel, and what? Does he expect Marion to go on TV and exclaim that the Milton's are randomly changing people into animals with magic for their own personal gain? Let's say that worked. He would need proof. Bring in Steward. Steward shows off the power of the coin on national television. Okay, the Milton's get sued for something but Thomas is still stuck in the zoo. That is even if he could actually prove who he is or that he was cursed in the first place. Even if it is solely to bring down the ferrets, he still gets nothing. Not the greatest plan.
He manages to turn Marion against the ferrets and gains...nothing. Marion still needs the Milton's for better or worse and there is nothing stopping him from simply confronting the Keene to hear his side of the story. Poncho could even give information.
The best scenario is that Thomas leads Marion to Steward and Steward takes over the plot for vengeance while Thomas sits back and watches the world burn.
Even if you take the press into consideration, marion is a teenager who honestly has very little actual evidence of his own claim that he was human much less Thomas. That is even if Marion would want to put himself in the spotlight to "expose" the Milton plot. Without real evidence there is little that can be done with that. The only proof is the coin but Steward is not apart of this (yet) and if Steward randomly changed people in the middle of the night, what does he gain besides revenge against the Miltons. For better or worse, he would do better to get back in the Milton's good graces. So unless Steward can manipulate this entire scenario to create chaos then rush to the Milton's aid, then I don't see this going anywhere.
At the end of the day, Marion is 17 and a squirrel. What does he have to gain by turning against the Milton's or caring about Thomas's sob story? Marion had never struck me as the hero or the avenger type. Thomas can sow distrust all he wants but Marion is not the one who he needs to convince that the Milton's are the enemy.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

I love how Thomas gets sympathetic buildup and throws it all away. Get used to the hump bud, you mislead the kid and you'll likely have it much longer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is anybody else but me worried about the strange red hue that is illuminating Thomas's face and making him grow devil horns? I would say if I saw that it would be a bit concerning. I hope the zoo managers go and look into that.

:lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:I don't know because there are still too many missing factors and moving parts. Let's look at this situation from the perspective of a criminal mastermind and then lets tone that down to Thomas's level. He's in the zoo, a camel, and what? Does he expect Marion to go on TV and exclaim that the Milton's are randomly changing people into animals with magic for their own personal gain? Let's say that worked. He would need proof. Bring in Steward. Steward shows off the power of the coin on national television. Okay, the Milton's get sued for something but Thomas is still stuck in the zoo. That is even if he could actually prove who he is or that he was cursed in the first place. Even if it is solely to bring down the ferrets, he still gets nothing. Not the greatest plan.
He manages to turn Marion against the ferrets and gains...nothing. Marion still needs the Milton's for better or worse and there is nothing stopping him from simply confronting the Keene to hear his side of the story. Poncho could even give information.
The best scenario is that Thomas leads Marion to Steward and Steward takes over the plot for vengeance while Thomas sits back and watches the world burn.
Even if you take the press into consideration, marion is a teenager who honestly has very little actual evidence of his own claim that he was human much less Thomas. That is even if Marion would want to put himself in the spotlight to "expose" the Milton plot. Without real evidence there is little that can be done with that. The only proof is the coin but Steward is not apart of this (yet) and if Steward randomly changed people in the middle of the night, what does he gain besides revenge against the Miltons. For better or worse, he would do better to get back in the Milton's good graces. So Steward can manipulate this entire scenario to create chaos then rush to the Milton's aid, then I don't see this going anywhere.
At the end of the day, Marion is 17 and a squirrel. What does he have to gain by turning against the Milton's or caring about Thomas's sob story? Marion had never struck me as the hero or the avenger type. Thomas can sow distrust all he wants but Marion is not the one who he needs to convince that the Milton's are the enemy.
Actually, he can. Marion wants out of this as fast as Thomas. He can latch onto the idea that the Miltons have a cure, but are using him to fix the problem with the law and won't give it to him.

Even better, Stewart might see this as an opportunity to push this agenda on the Miltons as well with the coin. If done right, Thomas and Stewart can effectively destroy the ferret's reputation easily, and it's not hard for them to slander them either. The human public has been hinted as not trusting the ferrets with that much money ~ if they found out a human was transformed who could've been better off with the fortune, they would very likely jump on that boat in a jiffy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would be one entire huge PR nightmare and I could see some people saying that because the ferrets have misused their fortune, it should be taken away from them.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It would be one entire huge PR nightmare and I could see some people saying that because the ferrets have misused their fortune, it should be taken away from them.
That sentiment wouldn't have surprised me from day one of their inheritance. But I'm not sure that it would be possible legally. Still, the ferrets could be harmed financially in a hurry if people turn against them.

Of course, there could be precedent in the HP universe to disinherit animals. But yhem Thomas might get nothing either.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:I don't know because there are still too many missing factors and moving parts. Let's look at this situation from the perspective of a criminal mastermind and then lets tone that down to Thomas's level. He's in the zoo, a camel, and what? Does he expect Marion to go on TV and exclaim that the Milton's are randomly changing people into animals with magic for their own personal gain? Let's say that worked. He would need proof. Bring in Steward. Steward shows off the power of the coin on national television. Okay, the Milton's get sued for something but Thomas is still stuck in the zoo. That is even if he could actually prove who he is or that he was cursed in the first place. Even if it is solely to bring down the ferrets, he still gets nothing. Not the greatest plan.
Even if you take the press into consideration, marion is a teenager who honestly has very little actual evidence of his own claim that he was human much less Thomas. That is even if Marion would want to put himself in the spotlight to "expose" the Milton plot. Without real evidence there is little that can be done with that. The only proof is the coin but Steward is not apart of this (yet) and if Steward randomly changed people in the middle of the night, what does he gain besides revenge against the Miltons. For better or worse, he would do better to get back in the Milton's good graces. So unless Steward can manipulate this entire scenario to create chaos then rush to the Milton's aid, then I don't see this going anywhere.
One thing to remember is that, especially for people who are consistently up to no good, getting people onto your side of the narrative is always a justifiable end unto itself because you never know when it can be leveraged. So yeah, there's not a lot of possibilities in the future for Thomas that would improve his situation much, but this kind of manipulation is probably impulse. No further plan or justification needed ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:It would be one entire huge PR nightmare and I could see some people saying that because the ferrets have misused their fortune, it should be taken away from them.
That sentiment wouldn't have surprised me from day one of their inheritance. But I'm not sure that it would be possible legally. Still, the ferrets could be harmed financially in a hurry if people turn against them.
That's also why I'm thinking Steward could ride in on a silver chariot and Keene and the rest would have no choice to to accept his help. To be honest, I have no idea what he actually did as a job. I looked up "Steward" in a law dictionary once and the explanation was vague and unhelpful. If nothing else he could come off as an advocate for the Milton's defense by saying (Yes, I was turned into a badger but it was not the ferret's fault. Thomas was the one who gave me the cursed coin but the Milton's did everything in their power to ease my transition during these harsh times) and paint Thomas as the vengeful miscreant he is but that would mean that he would still need Marion on his side and therefore the Milton's side as well. That also might mean throwing Thomas under the bus.

"My name is Herman Steward. I was once a employee of the Miltons and a human being. Over a year ago, I came in contact with a cursed coin from the temple on the Milton's property. A coin that was brought to the surface by none other than Thomas Milton. I know you want to blame the Milton's for unleashing this plague and while they are partly responsible for my and other's condition, they were not the ones who brought the coin to the surface. Thomas snuck onto the property and stole one of the coins before the temple collapsed burying the rest so that they could not fall into innocent or greedy hands. My fate was sealed and I was forced to flee to the woods for my own safety. I thought my life was over until this young man, Marion Ward, found me and told me that he too had suffered this great tragedy. He also told me of the Milton's great generosity and the ECP. I knew that there was hope. I could feel hope coursing through my body. There is a way for all of us effected by this curse that Thomas Milton has unleashed and the Milton's and the ECP are the solution. They are the pioneers of animals and human equality and before we judge them on their mistakes, we should judge them on the actions they are taking to aid those effected by this. That is why Keene has so generously offered to allow me to return to the Milton's service as a ambassador and assist all my fellow exhumans so that they can continue their lives without fear or judgement."
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I suspect that Steward would have far less love for the camel than the ferrets. I'm a little fuzzy on how their scheme got started, but wasn't the whole thing Thomases idea to start with? Given a choice, I think Steward is far more likely to help than destroy.

As for his job, I recall he worked for the estate in a court appointed role and he had at least some authority over the estate and company financials. I just looked back at Keenes retirement speech and he never spelled out that Steward was behind anything (though he did imply it). Seems to be room to come back from that, if there hasn't been some kind of reconciliation we never saw. That would also explain his interest in recruiting for the ECP.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

fenrirblack wrote:Lastly that first panel is a extremely unflattering image of Thomas.
From the viewpoint of that panel, I'm sure that generous posterior can be put down to foreshortening in the image.

[Scurries away and googles camels.]

Oh, wait now. Fenrir, you were right all along :D
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Ah, and there it is. Thomas wants to sow the seeds of doubt and confusion. Marion’s been shown to have a good head on his shoulders and could very well see through Thomas’ charade. Poncho told him about Pete’s Temple, so Thomas is going to need a good argument to sway our squirrel. Thomas could straight-up tell the truth that the ferrets knew about the cursed treasure and did nothing to stop him from going.

Like Eirik pointed out, with theories and rumors now going around that the Miltons know how to turn humans into animals, this could explode into an unwanted powder keg for the Miltons that puts both their money, and more importantly the ECP, in jeopardy.

Marion or Thomas don’t have to go to the press. The initial rumors of the Miltons having transformation capabilities are being spread by word of mouth and online. Social media can spread whatever message Thomas has far and wide while truth is still putting on its shoes, and that still lands Keene and his family in a bad situation. This is especially true given that within whatever scheme Thomas has, there’s the grain of truth that Keene let the curse befall Thomas via mischievous omission. A bit of genuine truth mixed in with a lie is serious trouble.

I’m thinking this could in fact go to a “Marion gives up” scenario I thought up earlier where he goes feral. Amidst the chaos, he heads back to the Treehouse and decides to live with all of them. Steward is either revealed to be the cause behind Marion’s transformation or a red herring that winds up helping, either out of selflessness or selfishness.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Xane wrote:Oh look, Thomas already has his Halloyeen costume picked out!
Yeah, he's going as the Coachman in Disney's Pinocchio.....
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Boy, the thick plottens.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:Last direct heir? It’s a good thing for Thomas that no one told Marion about Celia. It's convoluted, but technically that part is more of a lie then the cursing since it could be argued that was Keene's fault.
He didn't warn someone who was trying to rip him and his whole family off that the money was cursed. The conspirators knew it was in a literal cursed temple.

I don't see this being Keene's fault.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Well then... that's a lot for Marion to accept so quickly. Considering that the only evidence of supernatural forces was King's little speech (he may still think there are non-supernatural causes for his tf), I strongly doubt Marion will buy into some conspiracy involving curses and whatnot. Or at least he better be smart enough not too. :?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Think that might be the most evilist face I've ever seen in this entire comic's run :shock:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

dr_eirik wrote:I suspect that Steward would have far less love for the camel than the ferrets. I'm a little fuzzy on how their scheme got started, but wasn't the whole thing Thomases idea to start with? Given a choice, I think Steward is far more likely to help than destroy.
I'm thinking that as well. He might still be plotting against Keene, but I imagine he's probably out to settle his score with Thomas first or might come up with a plan to use the two against each other.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I don’t think that Marion is stupid, but as Champion Wallace pointed out, he doesn’t know Thomas as well as we do, and he might be willing to give his crazy ideas a fair shake. Hopefully, the ferrets preserved some evidence of Thomas’s dishonesty that they can show Marion why Thomas shouldn’t be trusted. Thomas could also be sending Marion back to Steward, thinking the badger might also want revenge on the Miltons.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

It all hinges on Marion not being so wrapped up in his own problem that he can actually care what goes on among the ridiculously wealthy.
And I mean, I've only got regular day-to-day problems and I can't even bring myself to care much about that stuff. :lol:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:Lastly that first panel is a extremely unflattering image of Thomas.
Well, everyone here knows that Thomas is a huge *is dog-piled by censor bars.
Frank

Post by Frank »

D-Rock wrote:Choose your devil, Marion.
Better the devil you know, than the devil Eudoant
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:I love how Thomas gets sympathetic buildup and throws it all away. Get used to the hump bud, you mislead the kid and you'll likely have it much longer.
or... turning back into a human means he goes to actual prison
Champion Wallace wrote:Last direct heir? It’s a good thing for Thomas that no one told Marion about Celia. It's convoluted, but technically that part is more of a lie then the cursing since it could be argued that was Keene's fault.
Maybe Celia inherits from her mother's side or doesn't count since, you know, is a girl (I don't know what crazy rules this family has!)
...or he's already written her off since she double-crossed him
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The horns are a strange artistic choice...

Normally this comic is very visually literal. What you see is what's really happening, and there's not a lot of visual representation of metaphorical things.

To give Thomas horns here is almost making me wonder if Marion could see them and Thomas has some sort of demonic powers.

I don't think that's actually the case, but it is strange.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:I suspect that Steward would have far less love for the camel than the ferrets. I'm a little fuzzy on how their scheme got started, but wasn't the whole thing Thomases idea to start with? Given a choice, I think Steward is far more likely to help than destroy.
I'm thinking that as well. He might still be plotting against Keene, but I imagine he's probably out to settle his score with Thomas first or might come up with a plan to use the two against each other.
In the complex swirl of individual motives they hold, I assume Thomas, Steward, and Marion all share the same primary goal - to become human again. Revenge, riches, all else is secondary.

And, yeah, where is Lois ... besides off-stage?