2019/09/27 - Stalling For Time

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/09/27 - Stalling For Time

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/09/27 - Stalling For Time]
Title Text: you really think someone would do that

Marion, sometimes you gotta decide between dumb and dumber.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/09/27 - Stalling For Time

Post by Saturn381 »

How much you wanna bet STARTREKFAN42 is Dallas? :lol:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Gee, I wonder where that user is located? I'm thinking Dallas....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I’ve heard the reliability of info from that user is spotty at best. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

OH NO HE'S GONNA FALL IN WATCH OUT MARION
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Definitely Dallas.

Also, anyone else think that the first panel Monday is going to be a splash? :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Dallas! Stop spreading lies and for the LAST TIME it was not a hologram.

Throwback Thursday (even though its Friday)

Also it's so sad yet still refreshing to see the very natural reactions of disbelief and I want to say interest.

Also I find it hilarious that a human is on the Pridelands forum talking to a bunch of pets. I hope he has a animal avatar and is lying to them about what species he is.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Shouldn't Marion be in the Girl's bathroom? :lol:
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Yeah I mean, those Milton’s have to money to do something like that
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Shouldn't he know how to do this by now? I mean he's a squirrel for at least two days. And he is going to go splash. OOOH I pray that the last person flushed before him.

The true irony (I don't care if I'm using this word right) is that if Keene somehow got his hands on the coin then this weird conversation would be accurate in it's own weird way. I wouldn't call it "future tech" since its actually an ancient curse.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:Definitely Dallas.

Also, anyone else think that the first panel Monday is going to be a splash? :lol:
No, but hes either going to be wet and/or sans clothes.

It does seem to be a bit of a double edged sword here. Seems the school rumor mill is buying into Marion being a squirrel, but getting ready to point fingers at the Milton's.

Not sure if that complicates Marion's future or the Miltons in general.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Biggest laugh this comic has ever got from me once I connected the dots.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Mctwisp wrote:Shouldn't Marion be in the Girl's bathroom? :lol:
He's holding to his humanity. Gender included.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Clean up cubicle number two
is the call that may soon be heard
after our pal drops himself in,
head slapping at the next absurd
commenting that he’s heard today.
Troubles with big toilets are new
and what he hears isn’t so smart
but he’s not yet thought this all through.
Their fears are a work of art.
Dumb fears are found online these days
and the Squirrel has gone viral;
learning to control his world
is vital to his survival...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

D-Rock wrote:
I guess we technically dont know which one hes in, but I agree that it's the mens room. I just hope he managed to lock the door.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Saturn381 wrote:How much you wanna bet STARTREKFAN42 is Dallas? :lol:
You took those words right out of my mouth word for word.
Xane wrote:*tiny adorable sploosh*
Anyone asked for Flushed Away 2? No? Well, have it anyway. You are most welcome!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

It also appears Dallas is a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fan.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Sir Chestnut wrote:It also appears Dallas is a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fan.
I remember that from the Big Bang Theory. 42 is the answer to universe and everything or something like that.
D-Rock wrote:
Title Text: you really think someone would do that
Here's a fun question, what is the alt-text referring too? That someone would spread misinformation online or that someone would turn everyone into animals? :D
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Marion, your schoolmates, they're oblivious
To the spot you've got yourself in.
Rumors are flying, truly abounding,
Squirrel, you truly can't win.

The problem with being you, Marion,
Though you seem all put together,
Is that you're much tinier now,
There are challenges you'll have to weather.

Challenge one, the toilet bowl,
Into which you're going to fall.
It's sure that nobody's going to believe you,
So out alone must you crawl.

You'll be wet, sir (miss?) Marion,
But I'm sure you'll be okay,
Being soaked won't end your world,
Now from the bowl shout 'Hey!'
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Dallas! Stop spreading lies and for the LAST TIME it was not a hologram.

Also it's so sad yet still refreshing to see the very natural reactions of disbelief and I want to say interest.

Also I find it hilarious that a human is on the Pridelands forum talking to a bunch of pets. I hope he has a animal avatar and is lying to them about what species he is.
I mean, there were two humans who went to that Pridelands movie premiere, maybe it does okay with humans? Being perfectly honest, I'm not surprised some of the humans think the Milton's could be responsible. At least for Keene, doesn't seem like it's out of character.

And considering we all have decided it has to be Dallas with the username, got to wonder how he's even heard of this. Best I can figure is he might have heard something from Fido, but he's never shown to be that loose lipped I feel
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'm not sure it IS Dallas. After all, a REAL Star Trek fan knows the magic number is not 42 but 47.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/47
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:I'm not sure it IS Dallas. After all, a REAL Star Trek fan knows the magic number is not 42 but 47.

I mean, that probably was already taken by Lester... though actually, of the nerd trio, Joey makes the most sense to be frequenting the pridelands forum considering his LARPing stuff. Maybe Fido considering I'm sure Sabrina has read the books as well so he could have picked up an interest from her
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Heh, the alt text is a reference to this clip from Arthur.
dr_eirik wrote:It does seem to be a bit of a double edged sword here. Seems the school rumor mill is buying into Marion being a squirrel, but getting ready to point fingers at the Milton's.

Not sure if that complicates Marion's future or the Miltons in general.
Agreed on where the plot seems going. Looks like the Miltons and the ECP in general are about to get a sudden surge of interest, but for all the wrong reasons. Of course, Keene could be the kind of guy who says any publicity is good publicity, but Lana would most likely disagree, especially when that publicity seems like it revolves around crackpot conspiracy theories about their family wanting to turn all humans into animals (which may or may not turn out to be less crackpot as the story goes on...).
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Dallas! Stop spreading lies and for the LAST TIME it was not a hologram.

I mean, there were two humans who went to that Pridelands movie premiere, maybe it does okay with humans? Being perfectly honest, I'm not surprised some of the humans think the Milton's could be responsible. At least for Keene, doesn't seem like it's out of character.

And considering we all have decided it has to be Dallas with the username, got to wonder how he's even heard of this. Best I can figure is he might have heard something from Fido, but he's never shown to be that loose lipped I feel
I do wonder about the human fans considering aside from the two movie goers there were like none at the book signing but there were two at the other one but they seem to be owners rather than fans.

It doesn't say that Dallas knew about Marion so the teen is just misinterpreting the situation based on Dallas's story of the Temple Crashers Experience and the idea that the Milton's are rich and crazy enough animal activists that they would do something crazy like turn everyone into animals and have the tech to pull it off.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's probably a kid who goes to the school anyhow. D.V.S hiding his true identity?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

that is politically controversial and is currently up to state laws. Since we don't know what state this takes place in, we can't say for sure. Even if he's supposed to be in the girls bathroom, it's not like anyone would find out he's breaking the rules (and he would be using the facility that matches his birth certificate...).
fenrirblack wrote:Shouldn't he know how to do this by now? I mean he's a squirrel for at least two days.
It's possible it has only been a day and a half since he woke up as a squirrel and for most of the first day he didn't have access to facilities so he may have relived himself on some middle-class civilian's front lawn. Even then, he should've encountered this problem at least when he got back home or in the morning before school (or are squirrel bladders much larger relative to body size?). Perhaps he has taken the lawn option even when he had alternatives to put off this issue, but now that he's at school it's come back to bite him.
dr_eirik wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
I guess we technically dont know which one hes in, but I agree that it's the mens room. I just hope he managed to lock the door.
I don't see how he could do that at his size, unfortunately.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:I'm not sure it IS Dallas. After all, a REAL Star Trek fan knows the magic number is not 42 but 47.

I mean, that probably was already taken by Lester... though actually, of the nerd trio, Joey makes the most sense to be frequenting the pridelands forum considering his LARPing stuff. Maybe Fido considering I'm sure Sabrina has read the books as well so he could have picked up an interest from her
I like the theory its Joey better. He was a temple crasher and was at a Pridelands book release.
fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:

I do wonder about the human fans considering aside from the two movie goers there were like none at the book signing but there were two at the other one but they seem to be owners rather than fans.
Your second example was a book release not a book signing and had at least three humans, not 2.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

In the next comic we'll see the Milton Mansion under siege.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

T'was easier in a tree, eh? And more private......
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

If the user is Dallas, then maybe Marion will meet with the nerds at some point. Hope those students leave soon so Marion can get his business done.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

As skeptical as I am about the Miltons having a hand/paw in this, I gotta admit, stranger things have happened by this point I'm sure.

I probably shouldn't have been looking at Zootopia stuff before checking housepets. Now I got what that polar bear said to Judy when she fell in the toilet repeating in my head.
Argent

Post by Argent »

47 is 42 after inflation.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh no, humanity is getting dumber and the pets are getting smarter ~ I wonder how? =P

You know, it never occurred to me, but didn't Joey and his pals grab some loot from the temple? What if that started causing this mess?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

GameCobra wrote:Oh no, humanity is getting dumber and the pets are getting smarter ~ I wonder how? =P

You know, it never occurred to me, but didn't Joey and his pals grab some loot from the temple? What if that started causing this mess?
THAT would be one heck of a twist!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote:Oh no, humanity is getting dumber and the pets are getting smarter ~ I wonder how? =P

They were going to, but Starfleet uniforms didn't have pockets.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder how Marion'll manage the flushing? Dr. Freud, call your veterinarian.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maybe the school has those toilets that automatically flush, which actually brings in a new horror if he happens to fall in.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now, I'm more worried about if the students find out that Marion overhears them and decide to teach him a lesson which involves flushing him in the toilet as a variation of a swirlie.

Speaking of that, is that even a thing or is it an urban legend?
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

dr_eirik wrote:

The geeks have been hanging out with Kitsune, so I think they could still be involved in this in some weird way.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know that having a LARPer as well as someone with that specific username on a Pridelands forum come up wasn't just for nothing.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

The geeks have been hanging out with Kitsune, so I think they could still be involved in this in some weird way.
They've been hanging out, but only Lester got the full treatment and I'm not sure Joey or Dallas were prepared to believe him.

I've speculated before that Marion might have gotten into his current situation because of the nerds, but that seems like the longest of shots. Then again, they were going to base a campaign around it. Maybe they did something?