2019/08/02 - The End Of The Tour

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/08/02 - The End Of The Tour

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/08/02 - The End Of The Tour]
Title Text: we're never gonna tour again

I'm reminded of a certain story about some troublemaker and a wolf.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
LunarFox

Re: 2019/08/02 - The End Of The Tour

Post by LunarFox »

Aw, nuts. Well, this doesn't look good... who's the hand belong to? My guess is Lois?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

It's the hand of Bahamut in human form.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The tunnel ends at a ditch? I'm kinda disappointed by that.

A gloved hand dives down from the sky. Who's is it? I mean we know the obvious answer but for kicks and giggles let's say it could be anyone. *Cough Fox, Fido, or Lois*
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Depending on where that tunnel ends it could be anyone really. But likely its Fido,Fox or Lois
zeusdemigod131

Post by zeusdemigod131 »

Bets on Marion get capture by a forest hobo for squirrel stew?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Always ominous, sometimes serious,
ol’ Karishad is a master at play.
You follow him through to who knows where
and then you hear him say:-
“We’ve travelled a path, you and I,
and I really must say you look tasty.
If you die when you turn around
I promise you’ll go well in pastry.”
Who’s hand is this, from the stars?
Isn’t the only one that size Cerberus?
Has she come down from on high,
to find why the Squirrel’s in a fuss?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The hand has five fingers. That should eliminate a lot of possibilities.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:The hand has five fingers. That should eliminate a lot of possibilities.
Let's think really hard. In the woods at night. It would need to be someone who just happen to stumble on the exit or somehow knew where the tunnel would lead. Someone who was informed of its location by someone who knew it existed. Someone smart enough or clever enough with long enough legs to reach the exit before Marion got to the end. Someone who was already looking for him. Someone who could recognize him from somewhere before like from a photo. Someone who would be wearing gloves almost as if they were investigating a crime and didn't want to contaminate the evidence. Someone with a relationship with the K-9 unit who would be able to tag along with them.
Hmm....I'm stumped. ;)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If this turns out to be Steward and not someone who can actually help, I’m going to be so mad.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:If this turns out to be Steward and not someone who can actually help, I’m going to be so mad.
Steward doesn't have the requisite number of fingers. Or the sheer difference in size.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

fenrirblack wrote:
D-Rock wrote:The hand has five fingers. That should eliminate a lot of possibilities.
Let's think really hard. In the woods at night. It would need to be someone who just happen to stumble on the exit or somehow knew where the tunnel would lead. Someone who was informed of its location by someone who knew it existed. Someone smart enough or clever enough with long enough legs to reach the exit before Marion got to the end. Someone who was already looking for him. Someone who could recognize him from somewhere before like from a photo. Someone who would be wearing gloves almost as if they were investigating a crime and didn't want to contaminate the evidence. Someone with a relationship with the K-9 unit who would be able to tag along with them.
Hmm....I'm stumped. ;)
Agreed. Unless Kari’s tunnel leads out so far that he’s in some rando’s lawn and they just happen to be doing some late-night gardening, Lois is the only human we currently know of who’d have a reason to be out in the forest this late at night.

Then again, the hand looks decidedly thick and burly to where it might not be Lois. But that could just be foreshortening.

I really, really do hope it’s Lois. Sending Marion on yet another ever-so-convenient detour away from any assistance would just be torture at this point for Marion (and a lot of readers, I feel).
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Last time we saw a hand that big it was Cerberus. Celestial intervention? Infernal? The video store guy? The Hermit? Bruno? Who?
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Well, guess that one commenter in the previous strip was right, Rick did waste Three strips for a poor Joke.
LunarFox wrote:Aw, nuts. Well, this doesn't look good... who's the hand belong to? My guess is Lois?
It's likely Bruno. You know, the she-bear Bino 'hired'.

Seems to be just the right size for her... Unless it's another bear.

Honestly, I Hope it's Bruno. Maybe we can see if she has a Speaking Role, since her last appearances were in the Winter months, and she was tired at the time.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Why would Karishad point wildly behind Marion?
It indicates he is in panic or something and I doubt he would react like that torwards Lois, except to mess around with Marion or if Marion happens to wear a scary looking outfit for some reason.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Clearly this is the hand of God. Kari accidentally killed Marion with that last joke and we are seeing him ascend to squirrel Heaven, with all the nuts he can eat. I hope hes not allergic in the afterlife.

Has Kari ever looked more menacing than in that first panel? And, again, does he know what hes doing there?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Why would Karishad point wildly behind Marion?
It indicates he is in panic or something and I doubt he would react like that torwards Lois, except to mess around with Marion or if Marion happens to wear a scary looking outfit for some reason.
Which is interesting cause I don't thing we ever seen Kari panic before.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

SeanWolf wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Why would Karishad point wildly behind Marion?
Which is interesting cause I don't thing we ever seen Kari panic before.
The hand still could be Lois’, and she is with Fido and Fox. Kari could be panicky because Jessica told him that Marion was wanted by the police, because that is what Fido told her when he knocked at the door.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

The only character I can remember wearing gloves like that is Thomas, and last we saw him, he didn't have hands to wear them on.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

dr_eirik wrote:Clearly this is the hand of God. Kari accidentally killed Marion with that last joke and we are seeing him ascend to squirrel Heaven, with all the nuts he can eat. I hope hes not allergic in the afterlife.

Has Kari ever looked more menacing than in that first panel? And, again, does he know what hes doing there?
It's Karishad.

Of course he knows exactly what he is doing. :P
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Hopefully Joel's partner didn't get out of prison yet. :shock:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Fox's owner is a police officer.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

CunningFox wrote:The only character I can remember wearing gloves like that is Thomas, and last we saw him, he didn't have hands to wear them on.
Granted it was winter, Bill has been seen wearing brown gloves like that once.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/200 ... bike-ride/
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
CunningFox wrote:The only character I can remember wearing gloves like that is Thomas, and last we saw him, he didn't have hands to wear them on.
Granted it was winter, Bill has been seen wearing brown gloves like that once.
Bill is a motorcycle cop, so he'd be wearing gloves in the middle of a heatwave. As least on his bike.

The designs on the characters have certainly changed over the years. Took me a second to realize that wasn't Joey on the back of the bike.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

zeusdemigod131 wrote:Bets on Marion get capture by a forest hobo for squirrel stew?
Forest hobo! Why didn't I think of that name? It fits so well.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:“We’ve travelled a path, you and I,
and I really must say you look tasty.
If you die when you turn around
I promise you’ll go well in pastry.”
This is why I love Welsh's poems.
(Cerberus doesn't rhyme very well with fuss, though)
fenrirblack wrote:
Hmm....I'm stumped. ;)
Oh, no! It's that Joel guy from PETA!!!!
I wondered when he would return after that gryphon made him dissappear.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Silly Zealot wrote: Oh, no! It's that Joel guy from PETA!!!!
I wondered when he would return after that gryphon made him dissappear.
You might be right about that! Word among the pets is that he's been hanging around the neighborhood, too. One of them found his watch a few years back! Last we heard, King Milton had it! They should send Fox and Fido to interrogate him!
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

If it is Lois, I imagine their encounter going something like this:

Lois: [Raises Marion up to eye level with her. She has a serious look on her face.] Alright, squirrelly, where's Marion?
Marion: Lois?! Oh thank goodness it's you! You have to- Wait, why are you wearing gardening gloves?
Lois: It's dark out here and I don't want to accidentally touch any poison oak. I don't want to have a rash on my hands at graduation. Anyway, tell me where my boyfriend is. Now.
Marion: Listen, it really is me! It wasn't a prank or anything; I am Marion!
Lois: Yeah, right. You think I was born yesterday? People don't just turn into squirrels.
Marion: [Muttering under his breath] Do I really have to do thing that they do in the cartoons and movies? [Sighs] Here goes...
Marion: [Says embarrassing but PG-rated secret that only they know and promised to never tell anyone.]
Lois: [With a visibly shocked expression on her face and almost dropping the squirrel.] MARION?!?!
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Bill would make sense if other cops are investigating Marion’s disappearance. Maybe it could also be Jeeves if he does any gardening in the Milton estate.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Obviously it has to be Lois. Or an officer from the police department tagging along although if there was one then why weren't they asking Lois about Marion back at the station. So let's stick with Lois since she is the character who actually has a stake in the plot and is important (no sense in dragging in random characters like Bill just to move the story along). So how would this play out?

Lois: I got her.
Fox: Be careful, you don't want to hurt her.
Marion: Lois! What are you doing here?
Lois: Okay squirrel, where is Marion? You had to be the last one to see him since he sent the photo of you and you're wearing his bracelet.
Marion: Lois for the last time, I AM MARION! I woke up like this. You have to believe me. You have no idea what I've been through today.
Lois: Really? You're Marion? Why would I believe that. People don't randomly change into animals.
Fox: Well, that's not entirely true.
Marion & Lois: What?
Fox: Did you happen to run into any supernatural beings lately? A three headed dog or a nine-tailed fox?
Marion: No. Like I said I woke up like this. When I went to bed I was human and when I woke up I was a squirrel. A female squirrel.
Lois: This is ridiculous. Look squirrel, I don't know what your deal is but this little prank has gone one long enough. Tell me where my boyfriend is your I'm feeding you to the fox.
Marion: Okay, if I'm not Marion then how do I know that your favorite show is Orange is the New Black, that your favorite book is The Golden Compass, or this past Christmas I got you that pink frilly—"
Lois covers his mouth with her hand.
Lois: Okay, I believe you. You're definitely Marion. I told you to never mention that in public.
Marion: Finally.
Lois: Why are you a squirrel? Why are you female? Why are you in a ditch?
Marion: I wish I knew. You have to help me figure it out.
Fox: There is someone who can help us.
Lois: You know someone who is well-versed in the supernatural and arcane arts.
Fido: Two someone's actually. My girlfriend is one.
Marion: Why not? This night can't get any weirder.
Fox: Hold that thought because things are about to get really weird. Let me tell you a story about my friend King.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:Obviously it has to be Lois. Or an officer from the police department tagging along although if there was one then why weren't they asking Lois about Marion back at the station. So let's stick with Lois since she is the character who actually has a stake in the plot and is important (no sense in dragging in random characters like Bill just to move the story along). So how would this play out?

Lois: I got her.
Fox: Be careful, you don't want to hurt her.
Marion: Lois! What are you doing here?
Lois: Okay squirrel, where is Marion? You had to be the last one to see him since he sent the photo of you and you're wearing his bracelet.
Marion: Lois for the last time, I AM MARION! I woke up like this. You have to believe me. You have no idea what I've been through today.
Lois: Really? You're Marion? Why would I believe that. People don't randomly change into animals.
Fox: Well, that's not entirely true.
Marion & Lois: What?
Fox: Did you happen to run into any supernatural beings lately? A three headed dog or a nine-tailed fox?
Marion: No. Like I said I woke up like this. When I went to bed I was human and when I woke up I was a squirrel. A female squirrel.
Lois: This is ridiculous. Look squirrel, I don't know what your deal is but this little prank has gone one long enough. Tell me where my boyfriend is your I'm feeding you to the fox.
Marion: Okay, if I'm not Marion then how do I know that your favorite show is Orange is the New Black, that your favorite book is The Golden Compass, or this past Christmas I got you that pink frilly—"
Lois covers his mouth with her hand.
Lois: Okay, I believe you. You're definitely Marion. I told you to never mention that in public.
Marion: Finally.
Lois: Why are you a squirrel? Why are you female? Why are you in a ditch?
Marion: I wish I knew. You have to help me figure it out.
Fox: There is someone who can help us.
Lois: You know someone who is well-versed in the supernatural and arcane arts.
Fido: Two someone's actually. My girlfriend is one.
Marion: Why not? This night can't get any weirder.
Fox: Hold that thought because things are about to get really weird. Let me tell you a story about my friend King.
I rather like this, but I don't think that Fox would spill about King to a couple of strangers, nor Fido. I don't think he's aware that King was human, and a wanted man besides. In fact, is Fido even aware that humans can be transformed? I suppose Sabrina might have told him at some point, but he's never been present for that specific act.

When they meet, I've thought he was going to have to tell a secret to get her to believe him, but more in the whispers-in-her-ear-as-her-eyes-bug-out manner.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
I rather like this, but I don't think that Fox would spill about King to a couple of strangers, nor Fido. I don't think he's aware that King was human, and a wanted man besides. In fact, is Fido even aware that humans can be transformed? I suppose Sabrina might have told him at some point, but he's never been present for that specific act.

When they meet, I've thought he was going to have to tell a secret to get her to believe him, but more in the whispers-in-her-ear-as-her-eyes-bug-out manner.
I don't think he has much choice at the moment. Fido is kinda a wild card because I don't think he knows about King so that's going to take some explaining but there is no point in hiding it from Lois or Marion who don't know King/Joel or his history so it won't matter if they know. Even though it's a "secret," it's really a secret to those who know him or someone of importance. What are they going to do post on Twitter, "OMG there is this corgi in our neighborhood that used to be a human." Fido would be the only reason Fox wouldn't be upfront about King. Right now it might benefit the situation if they knew that this wasn't the first time something like this has happened to reassure them and demonstrate that he has experience in this kind of situation. Marion has been through a lot so finally meeting someone who not only believes him but can actually help would be a huge step in the right direction.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote:Bill would make sense if other cops are investigating Marion’s disappearance. Maybe it could also be Jeeves if he does any gardening in the Milton estate.
JEEVES??? Um...yeah...why not? :|
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, Karishad, you really give shivers... :? :P That tunnel has an end to outside, wasn't expecting that. ;) Aww, poor Marion and his little heart again. Yeah, why scare him once again? :roll: Now he really going to take a big fright... :| That must be an human hand, who can be? Maybe right Lois? :o
shadowlucario50

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Next comic, I'm predicting that Marion will slowly wake up to a completely different place based on that comment alone. The person I feel is most likely will be the officer that owns Fox. But that's too logical, so I'm going to say it's Peanut's dad just for fun.
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: I don't think he has much choice at the moment. Fido is kinda a wild card because I don't think he knows about King so that's going to take some explaining but there is no point in hiding it from Lois or Marion who don't know King/Joel or his history so it won't matter if they know. Even though it's a "secret," it's really a secret to those who know him or someone of importance. What are they going to do post on Twitter, "OMG there is this corgi in our neighborhood that used to be a human." Fido would be the only reason Fox wouldn't be upfront about King. Right now it might benefit the situation if they knew that this wasn't the first time something like this has happened to reassure them and demonstrate that he has experience in this kind of situation. Marion has been through a lot so finally meeting someone who not only believes him but can actually help would be a huge step in the right direction.
I would think Fox could just tell Fido that he's aware that it can happen and has seen it happen. He can be coy about who it is for the moment (assuming, again, that he doesn't already know). It might also go back to the status of their friendship. I've wondered if the Sabrina thing tainted their friendship and the brief interactions we've seen of them since haven't been clear to me. Fox might not want to let on that he knows this large of a secret and has been holding it back for so long.

In the end, Kings secret is Kings. I can't see Fox telling anyone on his own without a really good reason or Kings permission. For the moment, it would be enough they know two pets that can help.

In the realm of things that won't happen but are fun to speculate about: If Fido does find out, does he try to arrest King? Or have a long talk with him? Keep quiet but eye him suspiciously? Fido was one of the arresting police dogs, after all.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Big twist - Marion wakes up as a pangolin.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote: I would think Fox could just tell Fido that he's aware that it can happen and has seen it happen. He can be coy about who it is for the moment (assuming, again, that he doesn't already know). It might also go back to the status of their friendship. I've wondered if the Sabrina thing tainted their friendship and the brief interactions we've seen of them since haven't been clear to me. Fox might not want to let on that he knows this large of a secret and has been holding it back for so long.

In the end, Kings secret is Kings. I can't see Fox telling anyone on his own without a really good reason or Kings permission. For the moment, it would be enough they know two pets that can help.

In the realm of things that won't happen but are fun to speculate about: If Fido does find out, does he try to arrest King? Or have a long talk with him? Keep quiet but eye him suspiciously? Fido was one of the arresting police dogs, after all.
This could be setting up an arc down the line for Fox and Fido. Considering they have two strips so far their roles in this arc seem to be limited to simply guides. This is Marion's and Lois's arc so i can't see them having too much to do right now but it would be leading to something later that focuses on their relationship which in all honestly despite them being best friends, they've rarely hung out. They've interacted on several occasions but Fox doesn't have the same relationship with Fido as he has with King or Mungo.

You're right about it being King's secret so I doubt Fox will be too upfront about it. There is no need to bring King up at all because like I've said before Tarot and Sabrina are the essential ones. King has been in Marion's position before but he can't (and won't want to) help. I could still see Fox calling him though and be like "It's happening again." Followed by a stream of profanity on the other end of the phone followed by Bailey smacking him.

It would be interesting to see Fido's reaction and see how he interacts with King which considering the limited interactions before I doubt much would change. They're still in two different spheres that rarely if ever come in contact to one another. If not for Fox they would have nothing in common beyond the fact that Fido arrested him eleven years ago.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

fenrirblack wrote:
Hmm....I'm stumped. ;)
TIGER!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good lord I really hope that this is someone who can actually go and help Marion somehow. If it is yet just ANOTHER detour I'll tear my hair out because its getting tiring.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
This could be setting up an arc down the line for Fox and Fido. Considering they have two strips so far their roles in this arc seem to be limited to simply guides. This is Marion's and Lois's arc so i can't see them having too much to do right now but it would be leading to something later that focuses on their relationship which in all honestly despite them being best friends, they've rarely hung out. They've interacted on several occasions but Fox doesn't have the same relationship with Fido as he has with King or Mungo.

You're right about it being King's secret so I doubt Fox will be too upfront about it. There is no need to bring King up at all because like I've said before Tarot and Sabrina are the essential ones. King has been in Marion's position before but he can't (and won't want to) help. I could still see Fox calling him though and be like "It's happening again." Followed by a stream of profanity on the other end of the phone followed by Bailey smacking him.

It would be interesting to see Fido's reaction and see how he interacts with King which considering the limited interactions before I doubt much would change. They're still in two different spheres that rarely if ever come in contact to one another. If not for Fox they would have nothing in common beyond the fact that Fido arrested him eleven years ago.
You're right, this isn't their arc. If this is gong to come up at all, it will be very brief here and may or may not show up later.

I did have a slightly dark scene in mind that almost certainly won't happen...
<Early morning, Wolf house. There is a knock on the door. King opens it to see Fido, who looks steamed>
King: Fido? What are you doing here so early? Is Fox okay?
Fido: <very coolly> Fox is fine. And its Officer Byron, Joel.
King: What are you...
Fido: Shut it! Sabrina spilled it accidentally. So, its true?
King: ...it is.
<Fido advances on King, and the smaller dog backs up until he's pressed against the wall>
Fido: We've been looking for you for a decade! You've been right under our noses the whole time!
King: I can explain!
<Bailey and Lucretia come out of the kitchen>
Bailey: What is all the yelling about?
<Fido has his handcuffs out>
Fido: I'm deciding if I should arrest your husband for dognapping and breaking out of jail!
Bailey: Are you insane?
King: You don't know the whole story, Fido!
Fido: Shut up, Joel!
<Lucretia steps between them and put a hand on Fidos chest>
Lucretia: Why don't you calm down, officer, and let King speak.
Fido: But he's...
Lucretia: <Suddenly showing her teeth as her wolf instincts and protective instincts flare to the surface>. Officer! SIT! STAY!! <Fido meekly sits on the sofa. Lucretia turns back to hostess mode>. Would you like coffee while you SIT and LISTEN?